• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
It is interesting that neither Isaac nor Bandana Dee have any presence in Smash 3DS. That said, there are trophies that are exclusive to 3DS and trophies that are exclusive to Wii U, along with Assist Trophies that are Wii U-exclusive. Ridley is definitely a major character in the Metroid series, but if he is truly just a stage hazard then it's likely his trophy will be exclusive to Wii U. Isaac might also only be an Assist Trophy in the Wii U version of the game.

As for whether or not Bandana Dee would be a good character, he has a unique weapon with unique methods of attack already in the games he shows up in. Even if he is just Kirby's "Spear" ability in most respects when playable, we've never seen a spear/lance wielder in Smash. Quite a few of his special move slots and normals are simple shoe-ins as well, so it's not like he doesn't have moveset basis. And of course, he's done other things in the past other than wield a spear, including deliver earth-shattering punches and work as a second in command to King Dedede. And he could have Sailor Dee (from Meta Knight's Revenge) as an alt costume! :grin:

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
We need Gooey instead of (Bandana) Waddle Dee. Gooey is more interesting.
I like Bandana Waddle Dee, but Gooey is just cooler.
Gooey just eats things but can't really copy things. If anything Yoshi does a better job at "eating."

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
We need Gooey instead of (Bandana) Waddle Dee. Gooey is more interesting.
I like Bandana Waddle Dee, but Gooey is just cooler.
Gooey has been gone for 17 years. I don't think he'll even get a trophy in this game. The same can probably be said for Adeleine, Dark Matter, Marx, or any other Kirby rep. (Sorry, but it's probably true.)

The only other possible Kirby rep aside from Bandana Dee would be Magolor, but even then, he's just not as likely in terms of roles.

Gooey would be a cool alt for Kirby, though. Not sure how that tongue mechanic could work.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Gooey has been gone for 17 years. I don't think he'll even get a trophy in this game. The same can probably be said for Adeleine, Dark Matter, Marx, or any other Kirby rep. (Sorry, but it's probably true.)

The only other possible Kirby rep aside from Bandana Dee would be Magolor, but even then, he's just not as likely in terms of roles.

Gooey would be a cool alt for Kirby, though. Not sure how that tongue mechanic could work.
Gooey got a trophy in Melee no?

As for the Ridley thing is the manga canon?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Imagine if Bandana Dee was playable. Sakurai's bias for his franchise at its finest.
But nobody would care if Bandana Dee managed to slip in if Ridley and Isaac got to come too.
Not really. Sakurai didn't flesh out or Make Bandana Dee who he is because he stopped working on Kirby games since Kirby's Air Ride. In fact he hasn't put in much of ANYTHING Kirby related that isn't from his own directed games. About the only thing that would count is maybe some music from a few of the games he didn't direct and Kirby's Final Smash (and that's probably because it really needed to be changed. That cooking pot sucked). That's entirely it.

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Gooey just eats things but can't really copy things. If anything Yoshi does a better job at "eating."
Whoa whoa whoa Gooey copy things of course, that's was the sole reason they made him the second player in Kirby Dreamland 3

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Gooey hasn't be relevant in a Kirby title since DL3... to represent the franchise over more reoccurring characters is a bit silly imo even if he is a cutie and cool partner. He's the only character from DL3 I'd care to ever see again personally but I just think Bandana Dee is more likely IF they were going with a Kirby rep. That's if we're getting any at all or even any DLC.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
To those saying that Bandana Dee is missing because he was too boring of a character:

It's actually a pretty big deal that the character version of Waddle Dee isn't here as a trophy considering how even Hal acknowledges his popularity.

As much as I want him, I don't think this means DLC especially considering there is going to be a boss Ridley in the Wii U version. I think this means stage hazard/assist trophy for him.
Disclaimer: I would love to see any and all characters in DLC.

I mean, Waddle Dees ARE the main reoccurring enemies in the Kirby series. The last one had a Waddle Dee that you could play as (and was in superstar)... while it's interesting and he could make a unique character. As far as I can tell the games don't even refer to that waddle dee as BANDANA Dee.

I'm just gonna be as blunt as possible.

This character is about as prevalent and important as Goombella or Goombario. A generic enemy from the mario series that was given some personality and/or a weapon. Cameos and one-offs aside, Bandana Dee doesn't complete some magical quartet that everyone's been hungering to see for ages. If Bandana dee fans are gonna come in here spilling their guts and tears, and try to tear down other characters, then you guys are gonna have to at least try to open your eyes.

His appearances since the beginning were nothing more than a silly joke that evolved, christ he was the first enemy you knock out of the way in the megaton punch game, and all you had to do in his appearance in revenge of the king was to swallow him. Just because he's been playable in ONE game doesn't mean he's guaranteed a trophy, assist trophy, or a spot on the roster. I mean christ, I don't see an Andy, Sami, Max, Geno, Mallow, or Roy trophies (among others) in the trophy list (correct me if I'm wrong) but that doesn't necessarily help or hurt them. Dixie and King K Rool are in there, but that doesn't mean they'll never BE playable.

I still don't understand why Waddle Dee deserves to be in the title of this thread at all. The absence of Isaac considering his handheld history with nintendo consoles is BIZARRE. Not to mention he was already in the previous smash installment with a song and as an AT. The absence of your beloved Waddle Dee ISN'T weird.

Again, I wouldn't even mind seeing him in the game, hell I might've even played as him. But don't shoehorn your character in logical discussions because you love him that much, or want him to be in the game that much.

Last edited:

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I never said I wanted Dee playable, just wondering why hes hated.
I never insinuated that you wanted him to be playable. I was simply giving you a number of reasons as to why a good number of people do not want Banana Dee to be playable, which as a result, causes some people to exhibit hate towards the character and the idea of having them playable. Thank you for belittling my original post though.

snaptrap

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
I would say that Ridley's not appeared in any handheld games, but the fact that a lot of console characters are trophies, and Golden Sun's Isaac isn't, makes that argument fall apart. I'd love to see Ridley and Isaac as DLC, and they are characters I'd be willing to pay for. Bandana Dee? Eh... The more the merrier, I guess.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I would say that Ridley's not appeared in any handheld games, but the fact that a lot of console characters are trophies, and Golden Sun's Isaac isn't, makes that argument fall apart. I'd love to see Ridley and Isaac as DLC, and they are characters I'd be willing to pay for. Bandana Dee? Eh... The more the merrier, I guess.
You'd be wrong anyways. Ridley has appeared in virtual console appearances on Nintendo 3DS and the GBA classic version of Metroid. As well, there is Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion where Ridley (Ridley X in the latter) appears.

--

This always struck me as suspicious though... We'll know what comes of any of this in the near future.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Can we shut up about Bandana Dee yet? This thread has been filled with Bandana Dee's chances instead of the possibility of DLC...

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Disclaimer: I would love to see any and all characters in DLC.

I mean, Waddle Dees ARE the main reoccurring enemies in the Kirby series. The last one had a Waddle Dee that you could play as (and was in superstar)... while it's interesting and he could make a unique character. As far as I can tell the games don't even refer to that waddle dee as BANDANA Dee.

I'm just gonna be as blunt as possible.

This character is about as prevalent and important as Goombella or Goombario. A generic enemy from the mario series that was given some personality and/or a weapon. Cameos and one-offs aside, Bandana Dee doesn't complete some magical quartet that everyone's been hungering to see for ages. If Bandana dee fans are gonna come in here spilling their guts and tears, and try to tear down other characters, then you guys are gonna have to at least try to open your eyes.

His appearances since the beginning were nothing more than a silly joke that evolved, christ he was the first enemy you knock out of the way in the megaton punch game, and all you had to do in his appearance in revenge of the king was to swallow him. Just because he's been playable in ONE game doesn't mean he's guaranteed a trophy, assist trophy, or a spot on the roster. I mean christ, I don't see an Andy, Sami, Max, Geno, Mallow, or Roy trophies (among others) in the trophy list (correct me if I'm wrong) but that doesn't necessarily help or hurt them. Dixie and King K Rool are in there, but that doesn't mean they'll never BE playable.

I still don't understand why Waddle Dee deserves to be in the title of this thread at all. The absence of Isaac considering his handheld history with nintendo consoles is BIZARRE. Not to mention he was already in the previous smash installment with a song and as an AT. The absence of your beloved Waddle Dee ISN'T weird.

Again, I wouldn't even mind seeing him in the game, hell I might've even played as him. But don't shoehorn your character in logical discussions because you love him that much, or want him to be in the game that much.
As stated in a previous comment of mine. Folks need to read the OP of the Bandana Dee Thread if you're not aware of who the character is. We're not talking about general Waddle Dees. They don't deserve to be playable. We're talking about a specific character. Dedede's Spear Captain who has specific roles and is a reoccurring specific and distinguished character.

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
It would be interesting if Nintendo did a kickstarter for any of these desired DLC characters (like Ridley). I wonder how successful it would be. I'd imagine Ridley would be the easiest to raise money for.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Actually, there's a point I meant to mention that I forgot to bring up earlier: There's one other thing missing from the in-game textures: "FP", for "Figure Player". It has CPU and P1 through P8, but for some reason FP isn't there.

At this point I don't care if I get another infraction. Stop *****ing about Bandana Dee and all that useless bickering over a character that is not prominent (yet?) in his franchise. STOP

Can we discuss what I found? what I am linking you to?
The 3DS being usable as a controller option for the Wii U was already known, thanks to a translation of the Wii U connectivity screen in the Japanese version of the game. That's probably why nobody's bothering to talk about it.

And I'd argue Bandana Waddle Dee is a prominent character. He's certainly old enough, if nothing else, having originally appeared in Kirby Super Star in a single minigame. He then made a more major appearance in Kirby Super Star Ultra, being one of King Dedede's captains (even though when he fights the player he's functionally just a Waddle Dee with somewhat unique AI and a ton of health), and cheering on King Dedede in the two boss battles against him (he's even the only audience member in the Masked Dedede battle). He also appears as a joke enemy in The True Arena, replacing the normal Waddle Dee that once appeared in Kirby Super Star's Arena. He appears playable in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, wielding a spear, and then goes back to NPC status in Kirby Triple Deluxe, where he tosses Kirby helpful items from the background. Given that even Meta Knight is not playable anywhere in Triple Deluxe, it's no surprise that Bandana Dee is omitted from playable status in that game.

In fact, it's fairly evident that Nintendo themselves consider him a prominent character: there's a hat of him in StreetPass Mii Plaza, alongside Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede hats.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
At this point I don't care if I get another infraction. Stop *****ing about Bandana Dee and all that useless bickering over a character that is not prominent (yet?) in his franchise. STOP

Can we discuss what I found? what I am linking you to?
that was found a while ago but i don't see what it has to do with the 8 player thing

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
that was found a while ago but i don't see what it has to do with the 8 player thing
assuming 4 controllers in the Wii U
why not another four 3DSes as controllers on top of it. idk.
would it not be crazy chaotic?

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Can Smash not be played on the Wii U GamePad? If it can, that adds another potential controller.

8 players sounds too chaotic to me though.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I think a stage with Kracko or Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright as bosses would be amazing! Butter Building stage anyone?
Good bosses, but I'd prefer Lolo and Lala for no reasons other than I liked the adventures of Lolo as a kid and was happy to see him as a Kirby boss. Kracko or the Misters would probably make for better gameplay.

Can Smash not be played on the Wii U GamePad? If it can, that adds another potential controller.

8 players sounds too chaotic to me though.
My belief is the gamepad will control stage bosses.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Will anybody tell me when Bandana Dee was supposed to be in the game? I don't understand all of the speculation of him being a character or in the game in some form.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Will anybody tell me when Bandana Dee was supposed to be in the game? I don't understand all of the speculation of him being a character or in the game in some form.
It's the RIB. having no trophies of Ridley and Isaac is the most suspect part of it all. Bandanna Dee is more of a bonus alongside those two.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's the RIB. having no trophies of Ridley and Isaac is the most suspect part of it all. Bandanna Dee is more of a bonus alongside those two.
As I'm asking, who said they needed to be trophies?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
As I'm asking, who said they needed to be trophies?
Ridley is the main Antagonist of the Metroid series, reappearing several times throughout the course of Samus's game. For him to not even have a Trophy is odd. Technically no one said he NEEDED a trophy, but it's strange the the metroid is an assisst trophy while Ridley is not mentioned at all.

Isaac is from the realtively acclaimed Golden Sun series for the GBA. Dark Dawn, the most recent entry, was on the DS. It is odd that Isaac, an Assist Trophy in Brawl, in not even mentioned in Smash 3DS when his franchise has been directly tied with the handhelds. Again, no one said he NEEDED a trophy, it's just odd.

Bandanna Dee is again, a bonus.

So no, they don't NEED to be trophies, but that's like saying do your really NEED new characters? Do you really NEED samsh run? do you really NEED Smash 3DS/Wii U? The answer to all of those is no.

But do I want them? Yes. I want them a lot. I may not get, but I do want.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Ridley is the main Antagonist of the Metroid series, reappearing several times throughout the course of Samus's game. For him to not even have a Trophy is odd. Technically no one said he NEEDED a trophy, but it's strange the the metroid is an assisst trophy while Ridley is not mentioned at all.

Isaac is from the realtively acclaimed Golden Sun series for the GBA. Dark Dawn, the most recent entry, was on the DS. It is odd that Isaac, an Assist Trophy in Brawl, in not even mentioned in Smash 3DS when his franchise has been directly tied with the handhelds. Again, no one said he NEEDED a trophy, it's just odd.

Bandanna Dee is again, a bonus.

So no, they don't NEED to be trophies, but that's like saying do your really NEED new characters? Do you really NEED samsh run? do you really NEED Smash 3DS/Wii U? The answer to all of those is no.

But do I want them? Yes. I want them a lot. I may not get, but I do want.
Understood, but the 3DS and Wii U versions will not share all of the trophies (nor Assists). They could just be Wii U exclusive for awesome HD purposes. It's odd, yes. Isaac being an AT exclusive to Wii U, Ridley being a stage hazard exclusive to Wii U and Bandana Dee being a cool bonus sticker exclusive for Wii U. Save the trophies for Wii U.

Why isn't Hyrule Castle in the 3DS version? It's odd.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My final thought on the whole Bandana Dee debate is that Bandana Dee is as important as Rosalina.

Both were only playable in one game, not counting spinoffs like Mario Kart, but both have prominence in the games they are in.

Rosalina didn't need to be playable, she wasn't a guaranteed spot as many people thought. It is the same with Bandana Dee, so can we stop throwing false accusations that Bandana Dee isn't important enough to be in Smash? Because Rosalina sure did and she is as equally as important.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
My final thought on the whole Bandana Dee debate is that Bandana Dee is as important as Rosalina.

Both were only playable in one game, not counting spinoffs like Mario Kart, but both have prominence in the games they are in.

Rosalina didn't need to be playable, she wasn't a guaranteed spot as many people thought. It is the same with Bandana Dee, so can we stop throwing false accusations that Bandana Dee isn't important enough to be in Smash? Because Rosalina sure did and she is as equally as important.
Considering Rosalina is the watcher of the stars, wields influence over the universe, along with being a main character in 2 main entries in the mario series, I wouldn't really compare the two. She was one of the first in line with the mario franchise.

Besides, it's you guys that kept the fire burning for a while. Between arguing that Kirby is more relevant/important than Donkey Kong, and attacking Ridley's "character" in order to make Bandana Dee's inclusion more realistic was definitely the reason we're still talking about why he's not as important as you all make him out to be.

This isn't the character thread where detractors aren't welcome. I merely state that out of the 3 MIA trophies, Bandana Dee isn't a strange absence at all.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816

That's true. I never would have thought Rosalina would be in Smash 4 because I didn't think she had enough relevance to the Mario franchise.

Just goes to show I know nothing >_<

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Considering Rosalina is the watcher of the stars, wields influence over the universe, along with being a main character in 2 main entries in the mario series, I wouldn't really compare the two. She was one of the first in line with the mario franchise.

I don't think the fact that Rosalina is a space princess really matters to her chances in Smash. Bandana Dee has appeared in 3 games as of now, and is going to be prominent in an upcoming Kirby game. I say that their level of relevancy is quite on par.

Bandana Dee is 'first in line' when it comes to the Kirby series. So if there will be another Kirby rep, it will no doubt be Bandana Dee.

Besides, it's you guys that kept the fire burning for a while. Between arguing that Kirby is more relevant/important than Donkey Kong, and attacking Ridley's "character" in order to make Bandana Dee's inclusion more realistic was definitely the reason we're still talking about why he's not as important as you all make him out to be.

Anyone who is "attacking" Ridley's character is just false. He should have been in the game, or at least as DLC. It make sense for him to be in the game, as he is undeniably the second most important character in Metroid besides Samus herself.

Donkey Kong is debatable, but I would say they are on the same level of relevancy.

This isn't the character thread where detractors aren't welcome. I merely state that out of the 3 MIA trophies, Bandana Dee isn't a strange absence at all.

The reason why we think it is odd that Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy of any kind is because there are much more obscure references in the trophies that it doesn't make sense why Sakurai wouldn't mention Bandana Dee anywhere at all. Unless he has a bias towards the Kirby games he created, which is a definite possibility, but who knows.
Responses in light Green.

Last edited:
Top Bottom