• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Gooey hasn't be relevant in a Kirby title since DL3... to represent the franchise over more reoccurring characters is a bit silly imo even if he is a cutie and cool partner. He's the only character from DL3 I'd care to ever see again personally but I just think Bandana Dee is more likely IF they were going with a Kirby rep. That's if we're getting any at all or even any DLC.
Gooey also appeared in Dream Land 2, but didn't do much.
Also, relevance doesn't matter. "Duck Hunt will never be represented. It was released in 1983!"

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Yep. Bandana Dee just isn't important enough to even get a trophy.

I don't really think it has much to do with "importance" but just as much as obscurity. The reasons that characters even GET trophies at all is just a mystery sometimes. As I stated posts back, just because your character didn't get a trophy doesn't mean his chances are better, and on the flip side, just because your character did get a trophy doesn't mean his chances are worse. It's a very neutral thing to pick at and speculate. We all know that characters in Smash games have had multiple trophies.

Again, I have to point out that Isaac is really the only strange missing character, as he represents a great HANDHELD series (considering Smash 4 3DS is supposed to represent handheld games), he's very popular, and he has a history in SSBB. This points towards the possibility that Sakurai might've had bigger plans for him and ran out of time.

I don't think the fact that Rosalina is a space princess really matters to her chances in Smash. Bandana Dee has appeared in 3 games as of now, and is going to be prominent in an upcoming Kirby game. I say that their level of relevancy is quite on par.

Bandana Dee is 'first in line' when it comes to the Kirby series. So if there will be another Kirby rep, it will no doubt be Bandana Dee.
I think context is definitely important. Rosalina IS a central figure in her games as opposed to Bandana Dee's games (I guess if you can call them that), if you can't see that then I'll just agree to disagree.

The reason why we think it is odd that Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy of any kind is because there are much more obscure references in the trophies that it doesn't make sense why Sakurai wouldn't mention Bandana Dee anywhere at all. Unless he has a bias towards the Kirby games he created, which is a definite possibility, but who knows..
I'm certain that Bandana Dee was just forgotten in the heaping loads of characters they had to throw in the trophy case, or they had plans for him in some other regard. While he might be next in line as a Kirby rep, there are other series that are in line for their next rep.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bandana Waddle Dee appeared in the original Super Star as an opponent in the Megaton Punch game, so he appeared in four games.
I know, but I assume that RetroJake would think that appearance doesn't matter.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
'Patiently waiting for more people to see this' :laugh:
But seriously, can we stop the Bandana Dee debate?
It's not a debate, it's just discussion over his inclusion as a trophy. Which is what the thread is about, no?

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I know, but I assume that RetroJake would think that appearance doesn't matter.
I've already acknowledged that he was in that game. It's not like I've outright denied his existence, or that he could be in a smash game at all.

I just don't think it's strange he's absent from the game.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Gooey also appeared in Dream Land 2, but didn't do much.
Also, relevance doesn't matter. "Duck Hunt will never be represented. It was released in 1983!"
The difference with duck hunt and gooey is duck hunt is one of the main features and most iconic characters of the Duck Hunt game where as gooey is a small piece of the Kirby world. Relevance does matter. When people think Duck Hunt they remember that dog.

'Patiently waiting for more people to see this' :laugh:
But seriously, can we stop the Bandana Dee debate?
Ooooh... dlc stages is an awesome thing... and with that there's a possibility of dlc characters too. MAYBE. Still dlc stages is awesome.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I won't. I'd love to have classic Melee stages such as Fountain of Dreams and Fourside as DLC. Especially if we see them in glorious HD on the Wii U version! But of course I'd also like a few new stages.
A prediction on Nintendo DLC based on mario and hyrule warriors and fire emblem DLC

The blank pack
1-3 characters (likely to be one original and a clone)
3-5 stages.
5-10 Mii fighter costume pieces

The unknown pack
1-3 characters
3-5 stages
5-10 Mii Fighter costume pieces
1-3 alternate costumes for other characters

The little more money pack
1-3 characters
3-5 stages
5-10 Mii Fighter Pieces
5-15 Trophies
One Game Mode.

The You bought them all, have a bonus pack:
That one character you actually wanted as an alternate costume or Lucina/Luigi like clone. Either Ridley over Charizard, Vaati over Ness, Geno over Villager, K. Rool over Bowser, Dixie over Diddy, Wolf/Krystal over Fox, Bandanna Dee over Meta Knight, whatever. The game is going to read your mind and figure out exactly which character will mess with your head the most if they do it as an afterthought as a DLC collector's bonus. And that's who you're getting.

And a really really cool stage. Like Mushroomy Kingdom for the original Bowser's Castle.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
NEW EVIDENCE FOUND FOR DLC!

Kaphotics has been ROM dumping the text from the game, and uploading it to his PasteBin.

This was found in it:

"You will need to update the
software via Nintendo eShop
before using the in-game shop."

KAPHOTICS PASTEBIN: http://pastebin.com/u/Kaphotics

K-45

Smash Journeyman

Kaphotics has been ROM dumping the text from the game, and uploading it to his PasteBin.

This was found in it:

Interesting whelp there's almost no denying dlc now anyway I'm hype for it. IK characters are coming but I'm really hoping for is more mii outfits.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

This was found in it:

Jjsjhxjusjsnzghksnsbsnxnjx!
Hype! Oh, if at least Ridley and Mewtwo are DLC I'll be SO happy...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"in-game shop?" well that confuses me, but confirms DLC in a 99%, as many people see the lack of Ridley, Isaac and Bandana Dee trophies as hope for them I see the removal of Tharja's Trophy as chances for her too, but only time will tell. My real hopes for DLC are 64 version stages and some Melee ones (Kongo Jungle, Fountain of Dreams, etc.) with the game released soon, Sakurai can import or recreate them without time pressure or after taking a deserved vacation.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
"in-game shop?" well that confuses me, but confirms DLC in a 99%, as many people see the lack of Ridley, Isaac and Bandana Dee trophies as hope for them I see the removal of Tharja's Trophy as chances for her too, but only time will tell. My real hopes for DLC are 64 version stages and some Melee ones (Kongo Jungle, Fountain of Dreams, etc.) with the game released soon, Sakurai can import or recreate them without time pressure or after taking a deserved vacation.
I think the in-game shop is the term used for buying DLC for the game in the game. We haven't seen footage of such a system as far so maybe it will be added in an update.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541

This was found in it:

Woohoo! DLC confirmed! :D
Hopefully we get some new characters and stages :)

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Def-Con of Hope 1 Status (DLC): Confirmed

Def-Con of Hope 2 Status (Character DLC): Unconfirmed

Def-Con of Hope 3 Status (Mewtwo DLC): Unconfirmed

Oh please let this reach Def-Con 3...

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
That's what I never understood either. The community(casuals and competitive) went nuts over the tripping effect and Nintendo had the ability to patch the game and they never touched it. I have read patches can be expensive for third part developers but smash bros brawl was released by Nintendo for crying out loud. They're not going to "charge themselves" to put out a patch that might increase sales. The Wii sold tons of units. There was no reason to never patch Brawl and update the game.
Patching wasn't a thing on Wii retail games.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Every time I read Bandanna Dee, I keep read Banana Dee for some reason. Anyway, what is the new evidence found, can't be bothered to read all the pages, sorry

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Every time I read Bandanna Dee, I keep read Banana Dee for some reason. Anyway, what is the new evidence found, can't be bothered to read all the pages, sorry
The new evidence:

This was found in it:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

This was found in it:

Hm...fascinating...so, missing characters may actually be playable. I see no reasond for Ridley not being included even as a trophy in 3DS version since it would be like not including Zant trophy (in Brawl at least), Ganondorf trophy, Dedede trophy, etc. Especially when there is that Dead or Alive game with Ridley in it, so, they could use that model without having to edit it or Other M model. DLC including Ridley would save this game for me. Still won't expect anything from this info.

eWaltz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Waltz.exe
Well, I'm not particularly surprised since Mario Kart 8 got DLC and there are open spaces in the character and stage select screen that make them look way too incomplete to be a finalized design. Really though, those black spaces are slightly upsetting.

Top Bottom