• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Now we can these stock icons so we can have accurate Smash 4 emoticons for the characters! :) All we need now is a moderator skilled at making these emoticons...
I'm no mod, but I'd be able to make these into great emotes. Is there a reason a mod has to make then? Or could someone just send them to a mod?

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Does the Yellow Devil appear on Wily's Castle in the 3DS version? If so, is there a Yellow Devil trophy and how do you get it?

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I can hope for some more content then... here's my hopes to the Prince of Metroids, Ridley. Perhaps others will return as well?
Ice climbers y u cut

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
You guys are all grasping at straws, Isaac and Ridley missing is weird, they were in the last game in some capacity and had trophies, Bandana Dee isn't "missing" he wasn't getting a trophy.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Of course there is no Ridley trophy, the 3DS can't even handle Ice Climbers, they are saving that trophy for Wii U version, more room. No biggie.

I'm a huge Isaac supporter but I think they trashed him and Golden Sun as a whole...wouldn't be suprised.

Betting on Bandana Dee, Rick the rat, Medusa and all other Kirby/KI reps as DLC tho.

or Dark Pit's evil twin brother, Darker Pit. He will have a Landmaster as his Final Smash.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
You guys are all grasping at straws, Isaac and Ridley missing is weird, they were in the last game in some capacity and had trophies, Bandana Dee isn't "missing" he wasn't getting a trophy.
Quite an ignorant post to say the least. Really? Rudely starting it off by saying everyone is just grasping at straws? Does that mean we should just give up all speculation because you said so?

And why would Bandana Dee not get a trophy when he is a prominent and recurring character? You say he "wasn't" as if you worked on the game. Either, way, I'm quite sure he would, even if he isn't playable. Almost every Nintendo character has one.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Quite an ignorant post to say the least. Really? Rudely starting it off by saying everyone is just grasping at straws? Does that mean we should just give up all speculation because you said so?

And why would Bandana Dee not get a trophy when he is a prominent and recurring character? You say he "wasn't" as if you worked on the game. Either, way, I'm quite sure he would, even if he isn't playable. Almost every Nintendo character has one.
I've played every game he's in. It isn't totally outside the realm of possibility he would get a trophy, especially with how easy it would be to make (smash run enemy+bandana) but that he didn't isn't so strange. This is Sakurai, all he's taken out of Kirby post Kirby 64 is that Kirby has a giant sword and "bandana dee" being a special waddle dee wasn't really a thing until the modern games. It's not surprising.

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I've played every game he's in. It isn't totally outside the realm of possibility he would get a trophy, especially with how easy it would be to make (smash run enemy+bandana) but that he didn't isn't so strange. This is Sakurai, all he's taken out of Kirby post Kirby 64 is that Kirby has a giant sword and "bandana dee" being a special waddle dee wasn't really a thing until the modern games. It's not surprising.
lor starcutter is also a trophy, that is from a new kirby game

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
He would at least become a stage hazard or Assist Trophy, not just a regular trophy.

Also your comparison to the Smash Run enemy doesn't work very well. He has a slightly different body color, a spear, and a few other visual differences.

Sakurai working on the series or not really wouldn't have an effect on it. Unless he absolutely despises the current Kirby games with what they have done, I highly doubt he wouldn't include the most prominent character in the series that isn't already playable in Smash because of his own personal opinion. And even at that, as a trophy?

You know, how almost every Nintendo character that is relevant has one? Shy Guy even has four! Come on dude, it's obvious he would get a trophy. He's even retweeted a picture with Bandana Dee in it.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Of course there is no Ridley trophy, the 3DS can't even handle Ice Climbers, they are saving that trophy for Wii U version, more room. No biggie.

I'm a huge Isaac supporter but I think they trashed him and Golden Sun as a whole...wouldn't be suprised.

Betting on Bandana Dee, Rick the rat, Medusa and all other Kirby/KI reps as DLC tho.

or Dark Pit's evil twin brother, Darker Pit. He will have a Landmaster as his Final Smash.
Wait, Medusa doesn't have a trophy?

I suppose I actually understand Rick not having a trophy, though I am disappointed at his omission.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
He would at least become a stage hazard or Assist Trophy, not just a regular trophy.

Also your comparison to the Smash Run enemy doesn't work very well. He has a slightly different body color, a spear, and a few other visual differences.

Sakurai working on the series or not really wouldn't have an effect on it. Unless he absolutely despises the current Kirby games with what they have done, I highly doubt he wouldn't include the most prominent character in the series that isn't already playable in Smash because of his own personal opinion. And even at that, as a trophy?

You know, how almost every Nintendo character that is relevant has one? Shy Guy even has four! Come on dude, it's obvious he would get a trophy. He's even retweeted a picture with Bandana Dee in it.
Shy guy has 4 because they made 4 for Smash Run, it's the same model recolored. It's not some special treatment, it's an easy way to bloat the total trophy count.

Get this though, all of Melee's Kirby references are from SuperStar and earlier games despite the fact that Kirby 64 was the most relevant game at the time, Brawl added one song from 64, one from squeek squad and the rest of stuff from Air Ride (you'll note he skipped a ton of stuff, barely recognizing the games he didn't make). In Smash 3DS the Kirby stage is Kirby's Dreamland (another game he made). This doesn't shock me at all, stuff he didn't make with Kirby always always gets sidelined in Smash.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I really hope this means there will be DLC. I really want to see Isaac in the game. I don't care if he doesn't make it as a playable character. An assist trophy or a standard trophy will be enough. I just don't want to see him left completely out of the game because that would make no sense considering how they've treated him in the past and right now things are looking dire.

The missing Ridley trophy is also mysterious and I'm also wondering if that means he might actually have a shot at DLC.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Shy guy has 4 because they made 4 for Smash Run, it's the same model recolored. It's not some special treatment, it's an easy way to bloat the total trophy count.

Get this though, all of Melee's Kirby references are from SuperStar and earlier games despite the fact that Kirby 64 was the most relevant game at the time, Brawl added one song from 64, one from squeek squad and the rest of stuff from Air Ride (you'll note he skipped a ton of stuff, barely recognizing the games he didn't make). In Smash 3DS the Kirby stage is Kirby's Dreamland (another game he made). This doesn't shock me at all, stuff he didn't make with Kirby always always gets sidelined in Smash.
Yeah, but still, Bandana Dee? He's as or more important than all of that ATM, so it really wouldn't make sense for him to not get a trophy.

And while I see what you mean with older games and stuff he worked on, what about the Ultra Sword?

Even at that, Bandana Dee is technically Sakurai's character from the Megaton Punch appearance in Super Star he made at first, plus he is still a Waddle Dee, which is Sakurai's character. An exception would be Magolor, if he were more important.

DE235

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Decrosis
3DS FC
1977-0197-7138
I don't think that DLC will be coming for a while. But if this is a hint at what is to come, I am excited.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I wouldn't get hopes up too high, trophies don't mean a whole lot. The reason Mega Man probably doesn't have many is because there's not a recent 3D Mega Man game to pull models out of. In Brawl, most of the trophies were things from recent GCN/Wii games or Brawl itself; that's why they were able to put so many. If a character doesn't appear in another form it's not out of the realm of possibility that they didn't want to take the time to model them just for a trophy.

That said, Ridley will obviously be in the Wii U version in some form, and they've been coy enough with him that I wouldn't be surprised if he's playable. Isaac not appearing at all would be strange, but not terribly surprising. Bandana Dee not getting anything wouldn't really surprise me at all though. I don't know a lot about the character, but I'd be surprised if Kirby got another rep with Kirby, MK, and Dedede already in the game, and there are a lot of beloved/important characters who don't get trophies.

Last edited:

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I thought that the 40 pictures that leaked the same day as the videos showed Bandana Dee?
I think there was a fake leak with it around the same time that had him, but I'm not positive that part of it was fake. I haven't looked through all the trophies yet either.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I thought that the 40 pictures that leaked the same day as the videos showed Bandana Dee?
It was shown that even though there was screen space left, the tip of the spear was cut off. The model didn't even take up the whole screen, but it was still cut off, it was deemed fake immediately

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Yeah, but still, Bandana Dee? He's as or more important than all of that ATM, so it really wouldn't make sense for him to not get a trophy.

And while I see what you mean with older games and stuff he worked on, what about the Ultra Sword?

Even at that, Bandana Dee is technically Sakurai's character from the Megaton Punch appearance in Super Star he made at first, plus he is still a Waddle Dee, which is Sakurai's character. An exception would be Magolor, if he were more important.
It's really not worth going on with you, you're really biased.

Bandana Dee is filler, they wanted 4 player Kirby, they only have 3 main characters in the series so they took one of Kirby's abilities and put it on the Waddle Dee that had a bandana in that mode from Superstar that's it.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101

Bandana Dee is filler, they wanted 4 player Kirby, they only have 3 main characters in the series so they took one of Kirby's abilities and put it on the Waddle Dee that had a bandana in that mode from Superstar that's it.
He's made several appearances, over 10 games. He has been one of the main characters as of late, and has a big appearance in the new Kirby game. On the Kirby 20th anniversary, Sakurai even tweeted a pic of the 4 Kirby characters. Even sakurai knows he's a main character.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory

Right, he's a filler character. That's why they've been giving him increasingly more important roles and keeping him relevant, right? It's kind of odd to see you call me biased when I said I had agreed with a few of your points. If you really think he's so unimportant that he won't even get a trophy, then it's possible you're the biased one here.

Last edited:

whitebandit

Smash Rookie
Of course he didn't have a trophy before, his first game (other than Megaton Punch in Kirby Superstar) came out over 3 years after Brawl. The fact of the matter is that he is a prominent character not represented at all in the game.

This really gives me hope for these characters, especially BDee and Isaac. I would be ecstatic if we got dlc.
having bandana dee in smash would be like having a koopa turtle or goomba as a playable... so dumb

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
having bandana dee in smash would be like having a koopa turtle or goomba as a playable... so dumb
Bandanna Dee is nothing like those guys. -.- I'm so sick of people saying these things when they likely don't even play or understand Kirby's games at all.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
He's made several appearances, over 10 games. He has been one of the main characters as of late, and has a big appearance in the new Kirby game. On the Kirby 20th anniversary, Sakurai even tweeted a pic of the 4 Kirby characters. Even sakurai knows he's a main character.
He's been one of the main characters because the game every sequel is imitating needed a 4th player.
Right, he's a filler character. That's why they've been giving him increasingly more important roles and keeping him relevant, right? It's kind of odd to see you call me biased when I said I had agreed with a few of your points. If you really think he's so unimportant that he won't even get a trophy, then it's possible you're the biased one here.
I didn't say it's impossible for him to get a trophy but him not getting a trophy is not shocking. It's that Sakurai bias.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Oh I really wanting Bandana Dee. Dedede's Spear captain would make for a forth great rep for the Kirby series. He's been very relevant lately and has been around in the games themselves. I have a feeling he's going to play a huge role in the new Rainbow Curse game as well which could explain why it's on the WiiU rather than the 3DS. Either way I'm super supportive of this character. He even has a moveset they can work off of already and a recovery move. I'm just worried if we'll see anything other than Kirby's Final Smash relevant to newer Kirby games. I see Sakurai's always putting in and making nods to his own work on the Kirby series but not as much for the stuff he didn't direct. I really want to see a stage as well from a modern Kirby title like Return to Dreamland. Still no trophy is a good sign.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I have no idea about this P1-8 thing.

But I'm especially excited about those arrows and Ridley's trophy being missing. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Believe in the RIB (Ridley, Isaac, Bandanna Dee).

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I really don't see what you guys have against bandana dee, he is more like captain toad than goombario, and he is more than just a filler, his role in revenge of the king shows it

Top Bottom