• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The second real question is have they been able to edit the textures and put them back in yet?

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Wow

Epic sleuthing. 5 stars would hire again.

It's real easy to infer DLC from all these facts, but for the time being, I'm just gonna enjoy what we got. Who knows, they could have just left some backdoors open for themselves. And DLC could be all but characters, too, who says they'll be playable instead of trophies or assists.

But wow, two of my most wanted, still a twinkling star in the sky. Unreal.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Yeah those arrows would be used for the inevitable DLC. I am willing to bet we are getting DLC. I just hope that it is a large number. enough characters to make the roster hit 60 would be amazing and enough to make the stages hit 50. I will buy whatever just as long as Nintendo offers cross-buy through the Wii U/3DS connectivity feature or through club nintendo somehow. This game should really see DLC support for the remainder of the Wii U/3DS major life cycle if you ask me. I don't want to have until I am 30 in 7 years to see new faces.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is actually the first Smash Bros game where Ridley has never appeared in one way or another, so it is a tad bizarre that he doesn't even have a trophy. Even if his role is Wii U exclusive it'd at least make sense to advertise that role via a trophy, but that's Sakurai logic for you I guess.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Even with no Ridley/Isaac/Bandanna Dee, I'm more upset at the total lack of Mega Man's supporting cast. No Roll, Protoman, or even Dr. Light.

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Among the pictures are little Assist Trophies portraits, what is it for? Is there an option to select which AT appears like the item select menu?

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Even with no Ridley/Isaac/Bandanna Dee, I'm more upset at the total lack of Mega Man's supporting cast. No Roll, Protoman, or even Dr. Light.
Sonic didn't get all his buddies in for Brawl, sans Shadow as an assist trophy.

Same for Mega Man, only Elec Man is the assist trophy for his series.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
8 players??? Really?

That'd be great though :))
I want the capacity for custom game modes. Like, something that's a complete pub game like Halo 3 Infection and custom maps. Idk how it'd play out in 2D or with melee focused characters (maybe have projectiles only like Megaman), but if it could work, it'd be fun

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sonic didn't get all his buddies in for Brawl, sans Shadow as an assist trophy.
Same for Mega Man, only Elec Man is the assist trophy for his series.
He's talking about trophies.

In which Mega Man got the short end of the stick.
Whereas Sonic got Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Shadow, Blaze, Metal Sonic, Charmy, Cream, and Chaos, among other things.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
I think that DLC is going to happen, might not be now but eventually it WILL happen... But it's impossible to say which characters (or stages) will be included, Ridley might have a trophy exclusive to the Wii U version (since he appears there as a boss). But Bandana Dee's and Isaac's absence is strange since they appear on portable games for the most part.
All hope is not lost we might get our beloved :mewtwopm:!

EDIT: The 8 player images are definitely weird... Maybe it has something to do with the connectivity with the Wii U version? Sakurai never fails to surprise us (or troll us)!
that is simply untrue ridley apeared so many times on handhelds like every 2d metroid have him

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The same goes for Isaac and Bandana Dee. They were both in games on Nintendo's handheld systems, and yet, are not in Smash 3DS.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i just want to say it like every space pirate said it before. ridley is so unique he wont die.... look at this the game is out verybody beleaved he is deconfirmed and again everything is pointing at something. i still beleave he is playable hes just taking a shower or something before coming ;D

Raijinken

Smash Master
C'mon Space Pterodactyl and Isaac (sorry Dee fans, but while I love Kirby games, I'd much prefer Ado or Gooey over Bandana Dee. Nostalgia worth more than recency to me).

Might not mean that much, and the P8 could be for Cruel Smash (In Brawl it went up to, what, six?

But we can always hope.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Has the Trophy for Ray MK III been found yet? He's another that was an Assist Trophy but seems surprisingly absent this time around.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well, I really hope Bandana Dee isn't going to be a playable character...but this is Sakurai.
Except that Sakurai didn't make the character so who knows.

Also having a spear user on the roster would be nice as opposed to swords. Also I'd prefer Dee over Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I moreso believe this than an extra page for DLC characters.

Anyway I do find it a bit strange that Ridley and Isaac don't have trophy textures.

Thinking about it more the page could possibly could be for stats.

You know how you have 10 slots for customisable characters for Smash Run? What if they had a whole page possible for the roster? Personal preference just for U.

Also believing in DLC is just for people who are dissatisfied with the roster. Aside from DP I like it. Unless that odd theory about connectivity is true, I refuse to believe that we could have DLC, because DLC could have been a thing back in Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Incredible that Isaac is *completely* missing. That just doesn't make any sense... If Isaac wasn't going to be upgraded from an AT, I thought for sure that he'd still be there as an AT. The series had a new title in between Brawl and SSB4.

And if this 3DS version wasn't around to give an extra place to represent handheld series, then what is it for? I thought that Golden Sun had a fair shot at getting a stage and some music... But instead we get absolutely nothing. >.>

I want to believe that this means the best... But I can't help but think he'll just be an AT in the Wii U version. That would be an end to a terrible tease, and it would be dumb to have him be exclusive to the Wii U version seeing as Golden Sun is a HANDHELD series... But I just can see it happening at this point.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want to believe that this means the best... But I can't help but think he'll just be an AT in the Wii U version. That would be an end to a terrible tease, and it would be dumb to have him be exclusive to the Wii U version seeing as Golden Sun is a HANDHELD series...
Every fan of every character ever knows well the consequences of falling for drawn out teases.

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
It's possible that the only reason why the Ridley and Bandana Dee trophies aren't present in the 3DS version is because they are present in the Wii U version trophy selection.

Tuffi

Smash Rookie
NNID
7uff1Mii
P5, P6, P7, P8 are probably just markers that would appear on assist trophies with the color of the player that activated them. So you wouldn't have two "P1"s on screen, but looks like in the end Sakurai just thought "f**k it"

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This very interesting though.
Ray MK III and Jill are part of this M.I.A. too.

Mario Kart 8 have 4 unused Icon cups.

In the DLC, they use 3 brand new one but 1 was that was alredy in the game.
That Cup is Yoshi egg cup, was unused and DLC revive him. May 30 mario kart 8 were release and Agust 28 revealed Yoshi Egg Cup DLC. Yeah in 2 months and were getting to see a unused Data show that is actually used.

And that was Mario Kart 8. Imagine Smash 4. I know he gonna have DLC in Smash 4 there no doubt.

Top Bottom