• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Wrong section to ask. Wrong thread to ask.

To get a custom stage to work, either you need to map it over an existing stage, or stick it in a custom stage slot made by the expansion stage code. You can find the expansion stage code over in the main brawl workshop. Once you have the expansion stage code working, just put the custom stages and their .rel files in the appropriate folders (pf/stage/melee and pf/module respectively.)

M@v

Subarashii!
So yeah, BrawlVault is full of viruses. I really don't want to go there and spend 2 hours after every visit getting viruses off my comp. Anyone know some safer sites? Its not even viruses posing as downloads; there's malware there that latches onto downloads and get onto your comp. Its annoying as all hell.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's BrawlVault itself; the download links have ads that may infect you with malware.

Though I've never encountered this problem myself.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
So yeah, BrawlVault is full of viruses. I really don't want to go there and spend 2 hours after every visit getting viruses off my comp. Anyone know some safer sites? Its not even viruses posing as downloads; there's malware there that latches onto downloads and get onto your comp. Its annoying as all hell.
Definitely no Malware on Brawl Vault, I think you have some other Malware/Virus affecting your computer...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

M@v

Subarashii!
They only ever start up when I'm there; just saying. Also, I know what I'm doing with computers and have high quality scanners. I killed the virus and its hidden backdoor so it shouldnt reproduce. I did it twice with 2 scanners to make sure it was gone >_>

•Col•

Smash Champion
They only ever start up when I'm there; just saying. Also, I know what I'm doing with computers and have high quality scanners. I killed the virus and its hidden backdoor so it shouldnt reproduce. I did it twice with 2 scanners to make sure it was gone >_>
I only have the basic Vista firewall on my laptop and I browse Brawl Vault just fine...

Probably has to do with one of those hundred programs you're running in the background. <.<

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
you should really stop downloading those programs that claim they will make you the best level in runescape.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
The exception is one-slot size/animation mods, which contain the original animations but also new ones for specially-modified skins. They technically affect everyone since they all load from the same file, but only the ones with the renamed bone will see the results

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Has anyone seen the ronald McDonald lucas texture the rainy FD texture or the Sonic emerald hill zone delfino texture?

Also how do you edit the character select screen and character select images(the images that pop up after the character is selected)?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
For the numbers you put for Yoshi, they go 00,01,03,04,05,06. There's no 02. Did you make a typo, or is that how it actually is?

Edit: This is actually the case for a lot of people, so I'm beginning to think that's how it actually is. However, please answer just for the sake of clarity.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
so, i wanna go about making this into this

how can I do this? I have exp with textures, but 0 with vertex
well, you'll need a 3d modeling software (either 3ds max 2008 (torrent) or blender (free)) and then find the method that fits you best. my method is 3ds max w/ mariokart64n's method (which can be found on youtube). But (if you don't mind torents for outdated software (aka 3ds max)) then vile's method+das donkey box might be better for you. I can't run his method because of my firewall and non-admin priveleges. I haven't researched blender methods yet. A dae converter should be coming out soon, so you may very well be able to just use a dae compatible 3d modeling software and import any dae file you want. but that's not out yet.

Hope that helped you out! ;)

JOE!

Smash Hero
I have 3dsMax'11 from my school (Animation student :p)

Was just curious, but I think i know what to do now XD

So now I cant just import Zard's model?

Photos

Smash Journeyman
I have 3dsMax'11 from my school (Animation student :p)

Was just curious, but I think i know what to do now XD

So now I cant just import Zard's model?
What do you mean "just import zard's model"? like the mdl0 file in charizard's character file, or a dae file of charizard? or something else?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Uhm, lemme rephrase:

Now how do I go about getting Zard's model into 3DsMax in an editable state?

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Uhm, lemme rephrase:

Now how do I go about getting Zard's model into 3DsMax in an editable state?
aha! now I understand. what you'll need is brawlbox and a converter, depending on what method you use. so, this is the full tutorial (of the method i use) made by mk64n.

I believe it links to all the stuffs you need. however, you may need to use 3ds max 2008. i don't know if you can use a later edition of 3ds max.

EDIT: sorry, it doesn't have the links. gimme a sec and i'll post those.

Photos

Smash Journeyman

Koopa-T

Smash Rookie
i downloaded gecko os, homebrew channel, etc but i just don't understand how the code manager works, someone please help.

~Mello~

Smash Rookie
I also have a little problem with texture hacking. I cannot replace smashville. I've tried to name the document STGVILLAGE_00.PAC ; O1 etc... but it doesn't work. Why?
(All the other texture hacking works perfectly fine).
Sorry for my english, i'm a french brawler.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
I pretty much made an account here to get this answered.

A while back I installed USB Loader GX on my Wii so I could back up my already purchased games and download other games. I recently sold all of my Wii games (since all of my games plus more are already on USB Loader) including Brawl. I recently looked at all the things you can do with textures and everything and I fell in love with it. I heard you can use Ocarina on USB Loader GX to get the textures and I did all the steps on the front page but I do not know how to load the stages and the textures and I googled it and came up with no results. Does anyone know how to? If it's in this thread link me to it. I'm not going through 100+ pages for a solution.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much made an account here to get this answered.

A while back I installed USB Loader GX on my Wii so I could back up my already purchased games and download other games. I recently sold all of my Wii games (since all of my games plus more are already on USB Loader) including Brawl. I recently looked at all the things you can do with textures and everything and I fell in love with it. I heard you can use Ocarina on USB Loader GX to get the textures and I did all the steps on the front page but I do not know how to load the stages and the textures and I googled it and came up with no results. Does anyone know how to? If it's in this thread link me to it. I'm not going through 100+ pages for a solution.
You need to have the file patch code and the proper folders. If you have homebrew, it's very easy. all you have to do is get on the homebrew browser, download brawl plussifier, and it sets everything up for you: the file patch code, the folder tree, the B+ files.

John123456

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if you could tell me how to convert pcs files to dat files I feel this would be useful to put brawl characters into melee and previous hacks into melee as well.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
You need to have the file patch code and the proper folders. If you have homebrew, it's very easy. all you have to do is get on the homebrew browser, download brawl plussifier, and it sets everything up for you: the file patch code, the folder tree, the B+ files.
Ah so I need Brawl+ to use the textures? Also to be clear, I don't need a brawl disc at all right?

:phone:

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Ah so I need Brawl+ to use the textures? Also to be clear, I don't need a brawl disc at all right?

I use a brawl disk, but as long as you're able to access the files, you should be able to. I 'm assuming it's pretty much the same. Also, it's not neccessarily that you need B+, it's just you need the file patch code that comes with it. although, B+ comes with some really nice stuff, sooo...

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
I use a brawl disk, but as long as you're able to access the files, you should be able to. I 'm assuming it's pretty much the same. Also, it's not neccessarily that you need B+, it's just you need the file patch code that comes with it. although, B+ comes with some really nice stuff, sooo...
Does it check the Disc Drive or what do you mean "access the files"? It's on my USB Drive.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Does it check the Disc Drive or what do you mean "access the files"? It's on my USB Drive.

if you're not using a brawl disk, then you'd need to be able to access the brawl disk files on whatever it is you're using.

If you have a brawl disk, then you use the file patch code so that it checks the SD card and makes changes if something is different. so i'm assuming no disk means you don't need the patch code, you just need to be able to access your brawl disk file.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Oh it just patches the brawl files on the Wii and all I have to do is play it and I'll have the textures?

EDIT: I got the B+ Updatifier and when I hit update it says "Cannot connect to the site". What's up with that?

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Oh it just patches the brawl files on the Wii and all I have to do is play it and I'll have the textures?

EDIT: I got the B+ Updatifier and when I hit update it says "Cannot connect to the site". What's up with that?

seriously? did it do anything to your card?
If all else fails, i can just send you a zip file with everything you need. you'll be able to just unzip it onto your sd card.

but yeah, that's actually its name: the file patch code.

I'll see if i can get that uploaded to mediafire for ya.

EDIT: also, once you have your SD card ready, you can just use the gecko OS loader to load it instead of the updatifier. also, the site for B+ may just be down for a day or two, i dunno.

Top Bottom