• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Rizz0

Smash Rookie
Hey what's up guys! My name's Dylan and i'm from Hendersonville, TN (Central)

New to the scene, but I still wanna check out what it's all about. Wow that rhymed. Don't have a facebook, sorry :/

gronkey

Smash Rookie
Hey what's up guys! My name's Dylan and i'm from Hendersonville, TN (Central)

New to the scene, but I still wanna check out what it's all about. Wow that rhymed. Don't have a facebook, sorry :/
Im really close to hendersonville. I live in White House

Jackie Chandler

Smash Cadet
Hey Jackie, no I havent seen that post. Thanks for the warm welcome. I honestly cant wait to be back at Tech!
I made a post about it on the last page of the thread, so please check it out when you get the chance. Cookeville can't wait to have you back! It's really looking like we're going to have a great community, so I'm eagerly anticipating the return of the school year for once, haha.

dittopenguin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4081-6925-1902
Cookeville's going to be running weekly fight nights in The Coliseum Pub after 6 p.m. on Wednesdays, so if you're in or close to the area, you should show up some time. Our focus is on Project M and Street Fighter at the moment, but we've been getting more people for the latter so far, so please try to attend when you can to show we can support a scene for Smash!

I'll be running tournaments for Project M every week starting at 6:30, and as long as people are around, we can run friendlies after the tourney is over. Oh, and in case you're wondering, there is no venue fee at The Coliseum, and no entry fee for the tournaments. So please be generous with your food and drink purchases to support the venue (with 45 cent wings, it really isn't difficult!), and consider competing in the tournaments even though they're only for fun. As much as I'd like to offer prizes, that's kind of hard to do as a recently graduated college student without a job, haha.

Hope to meet you guys there~!

Particularly you guys, especially if we've never met before. Let's get this scene in Cookeville going!

Sounds super hype. Can't wait to be there.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
All right so after talking to a few people I decided to do a few things for KiT.

1. I plan on starting a Tennessee Head hunter pot on myself [KOKingpin]. Anyone that I have already lost to in a set in tournament or Money match(Chad, Iori, 2kV, and Yoshiiscool) can't win this but anyone else can win a bonus chunk of change for beating me in tournament or MM. Im starting it at 5 dollars. Every tournament set that I win vs you guys I will personally add 25 cents to that pot. Every MM i win I will put that money into the pot as well. Basically Beat me and win (more) money. Once you have beaten me the pot starts over at 5 bucks and the person who defeated me cannot win again. I will keep this up until KiT. If no one has beaten me from Tennessee then ALL the proceeds will go to a Bonus to Project M at KiT15.
2. All profit I make from tournaments during this 6 month stretch to KiT will go to a Melee/Project M pot bonus. With Smash 4 getting 1000 dollars I figure maybe I can push the other smash games near that as well.
3. Any and all donations are gratefully accepted. Every penny helps and will go straight into a pot bonus for both melee and pm.

I feel like this will help improve Tennessee smash as a whole and possibly give everyone something to shoot for.

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
All right so after talking to a few people I decided to do a few things for KiT.

1. I plan on starting a Tennessee Head hunter pot on myself [KOKingpin]. Anyone that I have already lost to in a set in tournament or Money match(Chad, Iori, 2kV, and Yoshiiscool) can't win this but anyone else can win a bonus chunk of change for beating me in tournament or MM. Im starting it at 5 dollars. Every tournament set that I win vs you guys I will personally add 25 cents to that pot. Every MM i win I will put that money into the pot as well. Basically Beat me and win (more) money. Once you have beaten me the pot starts over at 5 bucks and the person who defeated me cannot win again. I will keep this up until KiT. If no one has beaten me from Tennessee then ALL the proceeds will go to a Bonus to Project M at KiT15.
2. All profit I make from tournaments during this 6 month stretch to KiT will go to a Melee/Project M pot bonus. With Smash 4 getting 1000 dollars I figure maybe I can push the other smash games near that as well.
3. Any and all donations are gratefully accepted. Every penny helps and will go straight into a pot bonus for both melee and pm.

I feel like this will help improve Tennessee smash as a whole and possibly give everyone something to shoot for.
I'd money match you.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908

Are these money matches to be done only in Melee and Project M or are Brawl and 64 an option?

Roost3r

Smash Cadet
KO, can you add the Tri-Cities Smash page I made to the OP? I don't have enough posts right now to post the link to it on here (need 10 apparently), but I think you joined it a couple of days ago.

DogPound

Smash Rookie
Yo it's DogPound aka Ethan. I live in the Nashville area and go to college in cookeville. Anyway i can get in on the Middle Tennessee Smashers list? Thanks, and i'm down to play anyone in the area.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I'm newish to Memphis and looking for smashers in the area. I am perhaps a year or two out of practice, but I'm confident I'll be able to get back in the rhythm of things fast enough. I'm actually hosting a general gaming event downtown in two weeks. There will be smash there among other games and I'm very in for a few money matches.

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
I'm newish to Memphis and looking for smashers in the area. I am perhaps a year or two out of practice, but I'm confident I'll be able to get back in the rhythm of things fast enough. I'm actually hosting a general gaming event downtown in two weeks. There will be smash there among other games and I'm very in for a few money matches.
Yo, when is that tournament?

Mazadu

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

From Memphis, TN and just recently picked up PM and looking to find a group to play/ practice with.
Facebook: facebook.com/devon.j.alexander

Bumbo

Smash Rookie
Clevelander here. Been playing Melee/Brawl for quite a few years casually, but I made the decision to start improving about a week ago.

I'm playing mostly Melee with a bit of PM. If anyone in the area's willing to beat the **** out of a scrub somewhat regularly and answer a bunch of stupid questions, please let me know. I only have a handful of people at about my super-low skill level to play with at the moment.

facebook.com/funthingsarentfun (not enough posts for links)

shapular

Smash Ace
Clevelander here. Been playing Melee/Brawl for quite a few years casually, but I made the decision to start improving about a week ago.

I'm playing mostly Melee with a bit of PM. If anyone in the area's willing to beat the **** out of a scrub somewhat regularly and answer a bunch of stupid questions, please let me know. I only have a handful of people at about my super-low skill level to play with at the moment.

facebook.com/funthingsarentfun (not enough posts for links)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/495161043926025/ Join us, scrub.

Top Bottom