• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Hey guys, long time no see. If anyone from TN, especially memphis, is interested in playing smash 3ds, hmu with a message, I'll happily add ya. Also be sure to check out our facebook group, search Tennessee Smash 4. :)

youtwo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Youtwo12
3DS FC
0559-6766-5283
Switch FC
2400-3262-8154
Hey guys, just trying to get the word out to surrounding areas. There will be a Smash Bros. Melee tournament at Mississippi State (Starkville, MS) on Friday, October 31st. We will be meeting at Butler 100 at 7pm and it will last until whenever it finishes. It's just a $5 entry fee. Bring setups/CRT's if you can. If you have any questions please feel free to post them in the MSU VGC Facebook page or just message me. I hope to see a decent crowd there!

DonnyLurch

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonnyLurch
3DS FC
4828-4350-5368
I live in Chattanooga, and I've been playing Smash 3DS almost constantly since it was released. I've never played Project M, and I'm not too interested with the Wii U game so close to release. I'm sure it's lovely, but I'm fine with the games as Nintendo intended.

I've found the Facebook for Scenic City Smash, but I don't think I'll be competitive-ready for their tournament in 5 days. I'd love to meet players in the area for sparring and fun battles! I love playing on all the stages with all the items (though my tolerance for Hammers comes and goes). Frankly, I don't see why Smash Ball Only isn't a more common format for competitive play - it still takes some strategy to snag the ball and land the Final Smash, and adds further depth to your choice of fighter. That said, I've been getting some practice in For Glory online, but I'd like someone to sit down and play with in person, whatever the case.

Currently, I main as :4bowserjr:, :4megaman:, and :4littlemac:, but I'd like to get better with :4duckhunt:, :4greninja:, and :4charizard:.

Last edited:

Lcs865

Smash Rookie
I'm in the greater Knoxville area (specifically Clinton) and plan on primarily playing project m. I may take up brawl at some point though. My mains I guess are Jigglypuff and Ness but I'm very versatile and can play most characters at least proficiently. I'm very interested to find some local tours and hopefully expanding the local community.

Also P.S. Doesn't it make more sense to leave our Twitter handle? Less personal and most people have them anyways to keep up with ****

TSD_Glider

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! My Brother and I just moved to Clarksville, and are looking for people to play Melee with. I'm a Marth main, and he is a Falco/Sheik main. We only have each other to play with, so we have kinda reached our skill celing without better players to play with, so if there is anyone who plays in the Clarksville area, we'd love to get to practice with you

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007637628611

Last edited:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I live in Chattanooga, and I've been playing Smash 3DS almost constantly since it was released. I've never played Project M, and I'm not too interested with the Wii U game so close to release. I'm sure it's lovely, but I'm fine with the games as Nintendo intended.

I've found the Facebook for Scenic City Smash, but I don't think I'll be competitive-ready for their tournament in 5 days. I'd love to meet players in the area for sparring and fun battles! I love playing on all the stages with all the items (though my tolerance for Hammers comes and goes). Frankly, I don't see why Smash Ball Only isn't a more common format for competitive play - it still takes some strategy to snag the ball and land the Final Smash, and adds further depth to your choice of fighter. That said, I've been getting some practice in For Glory online, but I'd like someone to sit down and play with in person, whatever the case.

Currently, I main as :4bowserjr:, :4megaman:, and :4littlemac:, but I'd like to get better with :4duckhunt:, :4greninja:, and :4charizard:.
The best way to be competition ready is to go to them. It's really the only way to speed up your progression. We added smash 4 as an event, so come join the fun. Once it comes out for the WiiU, look for it during our weekly events on Wednesdays at the Forge. We should be adding it.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Also P.S. Doesn't it make more sense to leave our Twitter handle? Less personal and most people have them anyways to keep up with ****
Because there are a ton of people who don't use twitter and pretty much everyone has a facebook. Also most everyone in this state who play competitively also is part of the Facebook group.

Added the last batch of newcomers to the first post guys.

Last edited:

Jackie Chandler

Smash Cadet
Cross posting this info for awareness!

Hey guys! Jackie Chandler here. Just wanted to remind everybody that we host weekly Project M and Smash 3DS tournaments in Cookeville, TN every Wednesday at The Coliseum Gaming Pub. Both tourneys start at 6:30 p.m., with friendly stations available both before and after. There is *no entry fee or venue fee*, so no excuses about being too poor to compete! Please show our amazing hosts some love by buying some food and drinks to express some appreciation, though. Looking forward to seeing you there!

gronkey

Smash Rookie
Anyone else going to kumite? It will be my first time at a large tournament. anything I should expect/prepare for? (besides getting my ass handed to me)

oops posted this in the wrong place and don't know how to delete replies. Sorry!

Last edited:

Chaloopy

Smash Rookie
I'm looking for tournaments this weekend Friday-Sunday, somewhere near Nashville. I couldn't find anything on the facebook pages. Do you guys know of any? Project M preferably.

Ok, so there is one is Murfreesboro. That's a start.

Last edited:

Jackie Chandler

Smash Cadet
Anyone else going to kumite? It will be my first time at a large tournament. anything I should expect/prepare for? (besides getting my *** handed to me)
First off, don't walk in expecting to get 0 and 2'd. If you don't play your games at least somewhat confidently, you'll find yourself making lots of careless choices. Just focus on playing the game like you normally do and have fun. The tournament may be a competition, but it's still about having fun in the long run.

That said, you shouldn't walk in with the mentality that all your opponents are free, either. That kind of overconfidence can lead to even poorer decision-making than a lack of confidence can. The last thing you want to do is underestimate your opponent, or try to win over the crowd with something flashy, and ending up losing the match for it. Trust me, I know.

Simply put, try not to let anything negatively impact your playing style. It's okay to play matchups differently based on how your opponent is playing the game, but you shouldn't let yourself get too carried away or too adventurous with things.

Overall, just find that happy balance, and don't let tourney nerves get to you.

shapular

Smash Ace
What Jackie said, but understand it may take you several tournaments before you start to lose the nerves. Also, some advice I learned from Nakat (hi Nakat, I know you name search), bring hand sanitizer. Kumite is in the middle of flu season and there will be hundreds of people running around and you'll be shaking their hands and you don't know if they're sick or not.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Just be a bro and pound it.

@ Chaloopy Chaloopy we have saturday get togethers at the score in murfreesboro though saturdays is going to be a bit more relaxed than Tuesdays. We will probably do free doubles tournaments for pm melee and smash4. As well as draft crews.

@ gronkey gronkey what you should expect is to go in and have a good time, make some new friends and try to win a few matches. If you dont win a few 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Come to some of our tuesday and saturday stuff man.

TSD_Glider

Smash Rookie
I would love to be able to start going to tournaments in Nashville, or Murfeesboro, but i don't have a way to get out there :/

gronkey

Smash Rookie
@ gronkey gronkey what you should expect is to go in and have a good time, make some new friends and try to win a few matches. If you dont win a few 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Come to some of our tuesday and saturday stuff man.
Hey KO! I might start coming to the score on weekends if my friends here at Tech want to come too. BTW I was at Scenic City Smash, but never got to play you. I was Accidental Ham Sandwich, and played Fox/Falco against Mr Pickle on stream. Thanks for the advice!

notec

Smash Rookie
Memphis here.
I only have a Wii U at the moment, so I've been playing dolphin with an xbox controller and occasionally at a few friend's houses.

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I live in Southern-Middle Tennessee (Fayetteville, TN)
Next year I'll be going to TTU so I'll move residency to Cookeville.
I play 64 and PM.

SiSu

Smash Rookie
NNID
LtheGreat
3DS FC
4038-6383-6639
Hello, I will be visiting my brother in Chattanooga from the 26th to the 29th. Is there anything going on?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
No tournaments other than our local saturday weeklies at the score in murfreesboro (which is like an hour and 45 mins away.) Its normally like 12-15 people.

SiSu

Smash Rookie
NNID
LtheGreat
3DS FC
4038-6383-6639
I know Chatt has Forge Smash (a PM weekly) on Wednesdays later in the day. Dunno if that fits in your time frame though.
That should be ok, I get in at like 9 in the morning, can I get a link to it?

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Is there no scene closer to or in downtown Nashville? Honestly I would be able to come more often. The Score is an hour away from me...

Came in yesterday (left about 7-8pm) and you weren't there KO, I was disappointed @ not finding myself bodied.

Last edited:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
there are a few people who live in nashville that play. Look over the first post. But there is not a normal weekly get together/Tournament venue like in murfreesboroo. And sorry about yesterday I got home around 6pm and needed to get something to eat and ended up crashing after not being home for 7 days.

Megaman36

Smash Cadet
NNID
Megaman36
3DS FC
0473-7900-4411
Where do the weeklies take place now anyways? I used to go to them in the murfreesboro mall but I heard it closed down or something to that effect. Where are they happening now? I wanna try to come to one before I go back to Florida.

vengfultomato

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone I am rather new to smash and live in Sevierville. I was curious if there was anyone closer than Knoxville that may want to start meeting up somewhere around and playing?

Mookiefish

Smash Cadet
Add me to the list! :D
Chattanooga Wario main.
It won't let me post my facebook because I'm new to smashboards, but we're friends already, so feel free to add it to the list KO

Top Bottom