• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Tier List

sprks

Smash Rookie
Ever think about it? What two character team is best... I mean everyone knows it'd be mk²

but in all seriousness I think it would be quite interesting develop a team tier list...

I started working on this for 64 but I can't do it for brawl...

1) Too many characters
2) Too early

/\ my limitations haha

but anyone have any thoughts on this?

singles tier list is too simple, we're more complicated than that

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Me and my friend usualy do Pikachu and Marth, and it usually works out pretty well.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I've never played a "true" double battle match, but Ness + Lucas sounds like a good team IMO. Very good tbh.

They can heal each other, pretty sweet.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I personally think Ness + Ike is the best team if you don't have FF on (where Lucas and Ness can heal each other).

Ness will PK Fire someone, and Ike will Fsmash them while they are pillared in the fire.

I once did that on a Wifi team match, it ended up with my partner Ike getting +3 and I got +2.

That, or Ness will try to spam PKT2 and if it misses, they may roll or jump into the way of an Ike Fsmash :laugh:

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
just because someone can heal his teammate DOES NOT mean they would make a good team.

In melee you didn't see a bunch of Ness and G&W teams win a lot, did you?

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Diddy and DK is fun. Fspecial into a Giant Punch.

Or, IC's and D3. Chaingrab into a Fsmash, fully charged.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
No...Usually with teammates that can heal each other, the other team will very quickly stop that from happening. I mean, really, what the hell do you think your opponents are doing while you're healing yourselves? Letting it happen? So you heal each other %10 or something, while you're severely punished by one the opponents, good job. Same idea with Oil Spill teams. You can get it to happen maybe once per battle (which actually might be worth it for Oil Spill), but the opponents are going to try their best not to let it happen at all.

Honestly...Zelda and Falco is annoying. Falco SHDLs in front of the Zelda, Zelda spams Din's Fire.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
just because someone can heal his teammate DOES NOT mean they would make a good team.

In melee you didn't see a bunch of Ness and G&W teams win a lot, did you?
Neither have I seen a true double team match. So no, I haven't seen much of anything.

I just used everything based on how the game works.

@above, I mainly mean when you have your opponents far of or are stalled. If one of them dies and the other person is at the other end of the course, then you can put in one or two heals, which could help a lot.

Just gonna leave this thread seeing as there's too much flaming from some people about it. Meh.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
MK + [Anyone Top Tier except Snake]

Pretty much it. Snake will just kill himself&teammate with all of the grenades, mines, huge hitboxes, etc.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
Good teams IMO
Marth & Sheik: Sheik can combo (kinda) and marth can kill
MK & Sheik: Ranks damage very fast.
Fox & MK: Fox kills off the top well.

Jarun

Smash Cadet
i faced a pretty tough team of ness + link, oh and sonic and olimar i found works too

:034:

Smash Hero
Shouldn't you rather make a list about how good characters are in doubles? I mean, making a list for EVERY team means you'll have to rank 1369 team combinations (if you count ZSS and Sheik seperately, but not PT).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Probably MK and D3.
MK can quickly rack up damage, while D3 can easily make a kill.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
i say fox and ness would make a good team. not because i main them but because fox could heal ness reealllyyy fast with his blaster. Plus, fox is a beast nuff said.....

Hive

Smash Lord
I heard ICs and Ganon were pretty good..
but I don't play teams enough ; ;
samus is hard in teams b/c its hard to find opportunities to zair when your teammate isn't in the way :p

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be watching this thread very closely, as I've long been interested in the dynamics and possibilities of team play. I'm curious to see which teams emerge as the most dominant.

Just based on personal experience it would seem that a combination of speed/quick damage in one character and durability/power in the other would be advantageous. In the sense that Zero Suit Samus, for example, can rack up a lot of damage, but has difficulty making kills and dies easily, so if she teams up with, say, Donkey Kong or Dedede or another heavy, the slower, more powerful teammate makes up for it with lots of kill potential and better staying power. It would seem, at least on paper, that these traits would complement each other.

Scykoh

Smash Cadet
Fox + G&W is good (VERY fast bucket fill)

ZSS + Ness is also very good. (ZSS Dsmash heals Ness for 18% and is also very fast)

And also yeah, damage dealer + KOer is a good combo. Me and my friend have been playing lots of Ike + Marth, which isn't the best team, but it's still good.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Pit + DK is a great team. Pit traps enemies with angel ring and DK uses Giant Punch.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
From my personal experience.... Ike/Snake, Jigglypuff/Ike, Lucario/Snake and Lucario/Lucario are some very interesting teams.

Ike/Snake: This is a great team if both players know what they are doing, but it's extremelly self-destructive if they are noobs (grenades and projectiles hurting both players, ike accidentally killing snake etc). Both players must be carefull ( especially the ike player) and snake must know when to use his projectiles so that he doesn't hurt ike, and the ike player must know how to effectivelly pressure the oppossing team while dodging the plethora of prjectiles that snake throws.

Basically, the main focus of this team it's pressuring the opposing team with the snake's projectiles and mines and Ike's inmense range and the fear of getting killed early by one of ike's attacks.

A) Team tactics:

1) Main strategy: Snake mines the stage in pressure points ( near the ledges, in a platform etc). throws grenades near the opponents to distract them and abuses the dash attack when he knows ike can dodge the incoming attack AND attack the opponent. Ike's role is to get close to the opponents and make the most of the pressure and attack the opponent and pressure the opponent some more, all while dodging snake's attacks.

If everything goes well, the constant bombarding of 1000 pounds of explosives and a really big sword should have made the opponent make a lot of mistakes, take a lot of damage and get hit by ike. Another effect it's that the opponent will get incrementally anxious and mentally tired, making their strategies and playstyle sloppy, thus making them an easy prey ( note: The allied ike player may become tired too.)

2) Secondary Strategy: both snake and ike get close to the opponent. each of them attack one after another. This is deadly as the damage racked is very high and since both ike and snake are very strong they will kill the opponents really fast, but this can backlash with ike or snake accidentally hitting each other, and this will happen frequently because both of them have amazing range, and this strategy is very straightforward and your opponent will learn how to counter this quickly. This is why this strategy is not very recomended.

B) Solo Tactics:

1) Ike: Go defensive, abuse your jabs and spam fair. If one of the opponents have a projectile, jab his projectiles. If both both characters have prjectiles, you will be forced to go offencive, and you will have to be pretty **** good to stand a chance.

2) Snake: Go defensive, abuse your grenades and f-tilt anyone that gets close to you. If you have no other choice but to go offensive, then use the snake-dash constantly to keep on the move and use you f-tilt to separate your opponents and kill them with your u-tilt.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Lucario/Lucario: this is an INTERESTING team NOT an effective team.

Both Lucario players must be masochists and must hate each other

The strategy consist on hitting each other, and in the end you will have two fast powerhouses that completelly thrashes the opposing team. The downside it's that they can be killed VERY easilly, and if they hit each other at high percents its an instant bye bye.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Me and my friend do marth/falco. It's ridiculously easy to meteor smash people and rack up damage with the B moves of both of them.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
1. correction. yes it would
2. because they SUCKED and were low tier
No. It wouldn't.

A good team should be able to kill effectively without getting in the way of each other (except when you're trying to save another person). Normally there is one person that is aggressive and kills the most while the other creates set ups and tries to ***** his stocks.

You won't be able to heal each other unless you somehow kill both your opponents at the same time. You're arguement is flawed. Ness and Lucas are the only two characters that can heal each other (unless i'm missing someone) and those two are low tier. Therefore, they suck. How can a team with someone that can heal (Ness or Lucas) be good when they are low tier (by your thinking)

Top Bottom