• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Tier List

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
rather than everyone stating their favs and commenting on others, how about someone actually take the time to compile a list of the top 10,15,20,etc doubles team in tournaments?

THEN, you can comment about those teams because we know for a fact, those character pairs are being used effectively at the high level.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
IDEA FOR THIS THREAD:::

List the top 10 best characters to have on your team... and some of their best compatabilities.

For instance-

1. MK
He's MK.

--teams best with...
Everyone.

2.ZSS
Good damage output, energy for healing allies, ability to stun and hold enemies in place for teamates.

--teams best with...
GaW, Lucas, Ness.

just a thought.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Today i played with some Marth (I was Snake)

And i never brawled with him before BUT we really owned them away x)

But Team Fire was off :/

And one of our enemies really was bad, i killed him 3 times just using up tilt when he comes from above (he was shiek xD)

I think it's the range which makes them so good... but maybe there are also some other reasons :/

Gea

Smash Master
The majority of the people in this topic made me laugh.

MK isn't the best character in teams, but he's ****ed good. MK + GW = godly in general. GW + Fox does well... and GW + anyone who can combo or generally send people everywhere to get juggled into smashes is a good partner.

ZSS does well in teams with kill-savy characters who can abuse her dsmash.

DK does well with anyone who can do damage quickly and basically make up for him getting hit alot and not being very mobile.

Snake isn't bad in teams. If you think so, you're playing him wrong.

In fact, nearly every character has a place in doubles with the right partner, but there are some more universal characters that ****.

DK, MK, GW are examples of these.

My team is Peach + DK. The only matchup that we fear is GW + MK.

Roihu

Smash Ace
just because someone can heal his teammate DOES NOT mean they would make a good team.

In melee you didn't see a bunch of Ness and G&W teams win a lot, did you?
I'd like to add that Melee was more fast paced.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Ähhhhm if Melee is faster than it >is< more difficult to do Healing or Charging the Bucket i think ? xD

Veril

Frame Savant
Bias Alert! I main Lucas so... these are the best Lucas combos.

Lucas + G&W is great. PKT1 + bucket is insane on so many levels. In general Lucas is way better in teams than singles.

+ pikachu is sick as well: this has already been mentioned... still, I'm not sure how aware people are of how crazy things can get with Psi-M canceled via thunder/jolt.

Ignatious

Smash Cadet
ROB + MK They both have primarily the same method of attack, so they shouldn't ever get in each others way. ROB has a great projectile game, while MK has incredible speed.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
My usual team is Toon Link and R.O.B, we usually do pretty well. We have enough projectiles to rack up damage and then go in for the kill together.

Although I've seen a good Kirby/Pikachu team. You aren't safe in the air. If you're too high you recieve a Thunder and Kirby will Down B you if you're too close.

General Glue

Smash Rookie
Dedede and MK.
Meta Knight, racking up damage very fast (Though Dedede could easily accomplish this with a chaingrab) and Dedede KOing at extremely low percents. Or, Dedede could chaingrab someone off the edge, where Meta Knight waits to Nair spam.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
To those who say a team with any combination of Lucas/Ness/Pikachu/GW wouldn't be able to heal each other/use the bucket in the heat of battle obviously never heard of planning strategy beforehand so that your partner knows when to absorb your projectiles. Seriously, Anther has participated in tournament doubles before with a GW partner and ***** by filling his partner's bucket.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Snake is the WORST team chracter in Brawl. -_-;

I'll say one of the tuffest teams I faced is Zelda and Pikachu.

What are you talking about? Snake is AWESOME in teams.

You've just got to be very careful with your grenades and mines. I have blown up countless opponents with them without KOing my partner.

It just takes some practice but Snake is without a doubt very good in teams.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
What are you talking about? Snake is AWESOME in teams.

You've just got to be very careful with your grenades and mines. I have blown up countless opponents with them without KOing my partner.

It just takes some practice but Snake is without a doubt very good in teams.
hes not as good as singles, but nonetheless very good at teams. you have to be way more careful

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Well, if these teams exclude MK like they probably should, I'd definitely try out Falco/Marth. Me and a friend play that and it's ridiculous with falco's laser spam and marths Fair at the same time.

Veril

Frame Savant
To those who say a team with any combination of Lucas/Ness/Pikachu/GW wouldn't be able to heal each other/use the bucket in the heat of battle obviously never heard of planning strategy beforehand so that your partner knows when to absorb your projectiles.
Its very possible to fill up G&Ws bucket as Lucas. Ex. Be next to G&W > pkt1 > G&Ws bucket fills instantly > floorblast.

Also, if Lucas is controller port 1 it helps with his grab-vulnerability significantly (faux super-armor).

Lucas is a low tier character for singles but definitely an incredible support character in doubles.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
there are 666 possible team combinations assuming zelda/shiek and pt are one character, 780 if you don't.
it's going to be very hard to rank them even if you keep track of doubles tourney results and base it solely off that.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I would have thought diddy kong and peach make a great team. One dominates the ground whilst the other dominates the air. They have trouble killing but they'll be racking up so much damage so that may not be much of a problem.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Ike n Ike. Spam Aerials=Win. If not them, Fox n Ganon. Fox slowly builds damage with laser while Ganon absorbs crap and owns with his smashes. Fox can smash too.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
MK and DDD, MK racks damage and gimps while the tank Dedede chaingrabs opponents offstage and then spams f-smash.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Pit and Kirby are ridiculous, double arrow spam if kirby inhales pit, and kirby and pit are solid charcters by themselves, when put together there pretty f'n hard to beat.

Also, ness is the ultimate team character

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Lucario + Ness? Lucario heals Ness and Ness could save Lucario with PKT1 or anyone for that matter if they get edgehogged.

Orze:

Smash Rookie
DDD + mk , most if not all of mk's neutral matches are hard countered by DDD also their gimping ability together would be like unstoppable <_<, that and mk is jsut simple mk >_>.

Top Bottom