• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D20

Smash Lord
Plank, don't be so hard on yourself. You made this tournament happen when nobody else would. You put in so much time and effort before, during, and after the tournament, and the whole smash community owes you. I competely understand why you wouldn't want to go through all the work and stress again, but I hope you'll come around. *Pound* 4?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
First and foremost, i apologize to EVERYONE at the tournament who was forced to stay later than they would have liked. I know I was one of them, I was absolutely beat by the end of the night.

I think everything that was ever possible to make a tournament go on longer happened at this tournament. We had power outages, a million jigg dittos on dreamland, every finals set the loser winning and taking it to the 5th match 2nd set, not having nearly enough setups, but most importantly people not playing matches, especially in pools. One more huge problem was people just jackingt their setups at the end of the first day or the middle of the second day. Setups were paid out $15 each so people would leave them there the whole weekend, not 3 hours. Oh well, lesson learned.

I was entirely too naive for this tournament, and for that I payed and everything got messed up, ending at like 4 AM. I expect everyone to play their matches for pools as fast as they can, when in reality people just putz around and don't really do anything, and it's nearly impossible to keep track of 240 people at once and enforce on them.

That being said, and that being a factor, I do realize that the blame falls mostly on me, though.

Aside from this, I'd appreciate if people didn't really ***** too much about the 4 AM ending because I already know I ****ED UP. I've been really upset about it, most likely moreso than anyone participating in the tournament, and I realize what happened was completely awful. I'm sorry.

Aside from THAT, I hope everyone had a lot of fun. I know i enjoyed the few matches I got to play (tournament matches, and 1 friendly with azen :p) but that's fine, it's the life of a tourney director, lol.

I'll have brackets and stuff up today or tomorrow, I need a rest for a bit.

Congrats to mango, pc, azen, m2k, and other top finishers, I enjoyed watching those matches.

As far as items left at the venue, I think we found a silver controller and a blue cube or something. Korn, we found your blue falcon controller (I THINK) however we did not find your camera. Wobbles, my girilfriend found a pair of blakc gloves at the venue, I think they're yours.

That being said, I don't think I'm going to host any more tournaments, maybe someone else in TA will pick up the slack. I prepared as much in advance for this tournament as I could, and things went nowhere near as I had hoped. I just don't have the ability to control that many people like I should to be in that position. EIther way, I'll be around, and I'm sure melee tournaments will be too. Brawl is looking ****ty, still, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm out for now, PM me if you have any questions or anything I can help you with.

Again guys, im sorry

Well it certainly wasn't lack of trying on your part. Everytime I saw you you were always busy. It's a shame that the PA/UP vs MD/VA didn't go down, I would have liked to see that. Overall good **** for playing in the tournament and doing well, as well as keeping the tournament running smoothly. There were few times when some kind of tournament match wasn't going on. *pound*

Good **** to those few using low tier characters and ****** in the tournament.

This tournament had a bunch of upsets. A lot of them did not involve pros, and most people will never hear about them.

I was pretty disappointed that TO kept messing up the seeding and we'd have three 1 seeds in a pool. I know that slowed down the overall progress of the tournament a little bit.

PS: HugS, I'm sorry we didn't do better in teams. >.>

Cia

das kwl
regardless of the complaints you might get from a few people, EVERYONE is highly appreciative of all the work you put into this event ^_^

ALTHOUGH I AM SOOOOO PISSED WITH THE POOL I GOT ROUND TWO!!!!

i enjoyed myself :D

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
jigglypuff is cheap omg up down b soooo cheap

Lol jk. Good job mango I hear you are good at smash bros melee for gamecube.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
hey plank, i think you did a great job for what it has become but yeah, people stealing and taking their setups was not cool at all.

If you remember at FC i think that is something that everyone should follow. They had pool leaders with people in charge of each pool and recorded the results on the sheet. On top of having someone ensuring that people are playing the matches, they set it up not so that its just a table sheet for results but that it shows in which order people should play to maximize the time the pool finishes and not have confusion on who plays who first.

If you do hold another tournament, which I think many people would like, having more people help you run it would handle many of the problems you had this tournament.

on another note:
Go jigglypuff! mangooooooooooooooooooooooo

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I quit smash because I am one of the like 90% of smashers that only ever lost money when going to tournaments and travelling and stuff Kaiser-GL. And the reason I was implying that I quit smash was because so often I had been dissapointed... It doesn't matter who wins what tournies, I just know that this was a big, psyched up tournament that I thought someone good from the EC was gonna win.

And I hope you (and others) might do something better with your life rather than wasting your time pretending you're awesome at something that means nothing in real life.
but Kaiser IS awesome. >_>

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Plank, you did an awesome job with everything, you get the biggest *pound* of all.

My only regret is the tourney ended too late for the gatorade thing. That and my bracket performance, especially compared to my pools performance.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
lol he's just a noob who is madd cuz he sucks at this game and denies it and uses other excuses likethat to hide his shameful noobish pride LOL its ok he isnt the first loser to say that I know a few poeple like that down here in fl im not gonna point out any names hahah stupid ***ggot burn in hell and suck on my c0ck double N f@g it

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Plank, you did an awesome job with everything, you get the biggest *pound* of all.

My only regret is the tourney ended too late for the gatorade thing. That and my bracket performance, especially compared to my pools performance.
Kirbstir: "I'll just get my revenge when I feeeel like it"

LOL so in the end I have revenge?

LOL I had so much fun friendlying you as always kirbstir LOL.

Also I had my ups and downs in the tourney I played well then I would play awful :(.

Booo at me in the third round I think I need more tourney experience :(.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Just got home x_x missed all my f-in classes tho v_v LOL. Congrats to mango for beating everyone, literally everyone haha. Full shoutouts after my night class and stuff.

Jem.

Smash Master
Good job to everyone who did well in the tournament.

And, just an fyi.. (Not being a ****)

If you dont want expensive stuff to get stolen, because people WILL, it's just what a lot of people do, dont even bring it, or keep anything pocket sized in a pocket.

pockyD

Smash Legend
seriously, you should know better than to leave your camera unattended... what's the logic behind not having it on you at all times? it's just a tiny camera, and it's no use if you don't actually have it with you

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Kirbstir: "I'll just get my revenge when I feeeel like it"

LOL so in the end I have revenge?

LOL I had so much fun friendlying you as always kirbstir LOL.

Also I had my ups and downs in the tourney I played well then I would play awful :(.

Booo at me in the third round I think I need more tourney experience :(.
I'll get my revenge in Brawl

Or settlers of catan, if you ever play online

Rei, please link us on the hub!

Sliq

Smash Master
This tournament was fun despite the 24 hour round trip.

I have so much homework I'm going to kill myself.

Also, I fail in crews. =(

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
This tournament was fun despite the 24 hour round trip.

I have so much homework I'm going to kill myself.

Also, I fail in crews. =(
Aye, I overslept through two classes today.

I know this is quotin something from a page, but seeing this post made me happy.

Finally, somebody else who watches hajime no ippo.
Lots of people watch (or watched) Hajime no Ippo.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if there's one thing that bothers me on smashboards, it's people who play low tiers that won't shut up about how they play low tiers and have to mention it in every post

Jash

Smash Lord
if there's one thing that bothers me on smashboards, it's people who play low tiers that won't shut up about how they play low tiers and have to mention it in every post
Well its a beautiful thing, so don't hate :laugh: just kidding, just trying to be precise on everything ya know?

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
KDJ would have won...

Awesome tourney regardless of the troubles. Plank - I'm sure the smash community appreciates what you did to make this happen. So don't beat yourself up for it.

I am happy with my performance. Third round pools ^_^ ...

Tec0 + PC - Heroes of the East? I think so. Great performance in crews to everyone.

I had lots of fun and good stuff everyone.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
how about those little kids hax and jman beastly hehe

Hax took out silent wolf too good

shout outs will come if anyone makes the result thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom