• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3N0

Smash Lord
mango
m2k
pc
cort

.. so.. mango gets #1.. not bad. WC~..
but where are the rest OF YALL AT WHOS POPPIN' MAD B.S.!
I.E. we got the next 3 standings... im sure combined they got more money than mangozz.. >_<

no hate.. just saying.

btw.. .yo.. EC CREWZ ! wewt.
good 2 c every bod-y!
but yeah i sucked this tourny. boo.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
And things return to normal with west coast on top.

east coast should go to UCLA V for your last chance at revenge.

mango is the best player in the world.
M2K will go home and study, study, study till he can 4 stock Mango just like everyone else ;)

I'm disappointed in the few people who make smash tournaments go sour. These are people who play friendlies on a tv when it is obviously a pools tv, who don't take responsibility for their trash, who sometimes act out of order, and most importantly--people that steal stuff.

However, for those who stole stuff (many memory cards, Korn's camera, gamecubes, controllers--either by accident or intentionally) and feel bad about what you did, you can mail the items to me and I'll send them to Korn or whomever says they lost something. I will not look at the return address and your identity will remain disclosed. Send to this address if you're willing to correct what you did:

PMC 109
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

I lost a memory card (was in my cube all along, I forgot to take it out) with dozens of hours of hard-earned game data on it. It's only $2-5 to get another memory card, but it's a pain to have to get back everything I had. We (Plairnkk, TA staff, myself) believe Nightmare Korn Kid may have had his cube stolen (not confirmed yet). Korn had his camera stolen. Several people had controllers stolen. Please return these items to the address above. I organized this event, and you have my word it will get to the theft victims.

Frozen

Smash Lord
It's really refreshing to see:

1.) A not fox/falco/marth win a tournament
2.) Not PC/M2k/Azen/Chu win a tournament

Nothing against those players, but it just gives hope back to the rest of the community that they could actually win a tournament. And by that I don't mean someone like me....someone more along the lines of Silentwolf/Hugs/Cort (**** Cort)....but still, you get the point.

Good **** Mango.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mango is amazing, I'm sad I didn't get a chance to play him.

I took more stock than any other person in any crew battle vs South. (12)

Yahuhhhzzzz

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
***** I need to know WHO STOLE MY CAMERA ..... i got it from Japan .. my friend found my bag pack but camera was gone.. its a Sony camera (blue color) and I have case with it (dark blue)

I'm extremely sad right now............ I have no idea what to do and I don't know who stole it
because people in different states are in this tourney...

Please give it back to me.. I beg you *****

EDIT: I went back to Hat's after tourney.... I asked people that still there and looked at their bags ....not all of them ...... but I still can't find it..

also my blue controller that got jacked...........
Actually, someone found a camera with this description and gave it to me while I was sitting at the registration table back in the first venue. I made an announcement about it that it's sitting on the registration desk and left it there.

Plank or his girlfriend might have it.

Jash

Smash Lord
This was so much fun, Good stuff mango, my 3rd/death pool was so hard for Young Link to take. But im really happy i got there. Thank you everyone for the super great matches and have good day.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Nothing against those players, but it just gives hope back to the rest of the community that they could actually win a tournament. And by that I don't mean someone like me....someone more along the lines of Silentwolf...
Ummm....no?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I quit smash because I am one of the like 90% of smashers that only ever lost money when going to tournaments and travelling and stuff Kaiser-GL. And the reason I was implying that I quit smash was because so often I had been dissapointed... It doesn't matter who wins what tournies, I just know that this was a big, psyched up tournament that I thought someone good from the EC was gonna win.

And I hope you (and others) might do something better with your life rather than wasting your time pretending you're awesome at something that means nothing in real life.
First off, no one is "pretending" to be awesome. Kaiser is, in fact, awesome at melee.
But most importantly, it's not up to you to determine what "means something" in "real life". -_-
That's up for everyone else to decide for themselves. It's not a waste of time if we enjoy it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Silent Wolf was amazing to play/watch.

His movement was insanely smooth and he is really awesome >_>.

I had fun guys I'll probably give shout outs to people when the tourney results come out like everyone else ;).

Kiwiii - Thanks for the awesome name tag LOL my friends were jealous :laugh:. and your ALWAYS playing :( I wanted to play you and I ALWAYS saw you playing :(.

PC is amazing ;)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
fight me
were you at pound? O_o
No, I was stuck at college with CunningKitsune and the other Purdue smashers, preparing for exams which are today and throughout the rest of the week. Pound was out of the question for the Purdue smashers when our exams schedules came up mid-January.
//johns

I don't have anything against Silent Wolf, but I think many more players could of been mentioned. Last time I checked, he wasn't among the ranks of Cort or HugS.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I meant block as in shielding lolz. Don't keel me. Im too Young to die.:(
LOOOOOOOOL. You almost ****ing made me sooooo pissed.

I'm just glad someone could enter as me. I'm also glad you made it out of pools >_>
phew I feel much better now. I'm going to edit my post to not seem like a *******.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yes lets use a whole page talkin bout how good SW is compared to hugs/cort while the actual players could careless. Then use 1 liners that mean nothing, great convo guys.

i had to say the pizza distribution was on point . very much like how wife and husband were saying. It had to be the best organized food distribution.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Awesome fun this weekend everyone, wish i could have stayed to watch the finals but it was way to late. Thx to all who helped run this thing, and good shiz everyone. Lata

Frozen

Smash Lord
lol, good one.

One more post, and you will be 1337.
Actually I had noticed that too and was going to reference it in response to your next hostile response.

But it wasn't hostile, so i'm done arguing over the internetsssssss

I'm done posting. Good tournament everyone.

Jash

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOL. You almost ****ing made me sooooo pissed.

I'm just glad someone could enter as me. I'm also glad you made it out of pools >_>
phew I feel much better now. I'm going to edit my post to not seem like a *******.
So sorry for the misunderstanding, i didn't make it out of poolz though, i was at my 3rd/Death pool, and it was too hard lolz. Going all Young Link in tournament is hard lolz.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
M2K will go home and study, study, study till he can 4 stock Mango just like everyone else ;)

I'm disappointed in the few people who make smash tournaments go sour. These are people who play friendlies on a tv when it is obviously a pools tv, who don't take responsibility for their trash, who sometimes act out of order, and most importantly--people that steal stuff.

However, for those who stole stuff (many memory cards, Korn's camera, gamecubes, controllers--either by accident or intentionally) and feel bad about what you did, you can mail the items to me and I'll send them to Korn or whomever says they lost something. I will not look at the return address and your identity will remain disclosed. Send to this address if you're willing to correct what you did:

PMC 109
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

I lost a memory card (was in my cube all along, I forgot to take it out) with dozens of hours of hard-earned game data on it. It's only $2-5 to get another memory card, but it's a pain to have to get back everything I had. We (Plairnkk, TA staff, myself) believe Nightmare Korn Kid may have had his cube stolen (not confirmed yet). Korn had his camera stolen. Several people had controllers stolen. Please return these items to the address above. I organized this event, and you have my word it will get to the theft victims.
Thanks, UMBC
...I hope I get my stuff back somehow.... and your stuff as well

Actually, someone found a camera with this description and gave it to me while I was sitting at the registration table back in the first venue. I made an announcement about it that it's sitting on the registration desk and left it there.

Plank or his girlfriend might have it.
but I lost my camera at second room though (the basement of the dorm that have couches)
I'm pretty sure that you was announcement at the first room (where we played first day of pound)

but yeah i'll contact Plank to make sure.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
MM brawl anyone ? :o lol

Good stuff mango ! getting first at EC tourney is a good show

but all the other great players need to be mentioned like Colbol Doll Otru KM Chineasah DJ combo all those people :p

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
So sorry for the misunderstanding, i didn't make it out of poolz though, i was at my 3rd/Death pool, and it was too hard lolz. Going all Young Link in tournament is hard lolz.
Well, good thing you made it out of the first two pools then.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
UMBC super smasher - saying that their identity will be disclosed is essentially saying you will tell everyone. you might want to change that to undisclosed, just so you dont cause the stupid, douchebag thief any confusion.

also good **** mango, wc ftw

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
First and foremost, i apologize to EVERYONE at the tournament who was forced to stay later than they would have liked. I know I was one of them, I was absolutely beat by the end of the night.

I think everything that was ever possible to make a tournament go on longer happened at this tournament. We had power outages, a million jigg dittos on dreamland, every finals set the loser winning and taking it to the 5th match 2nd set, not having nearly enough setups, but most importantly people not playing matches, especially in pools. One more huge problem was people just jackingt their setups at the end of the first day or the middle of the second day. Setups were paid out $15 each so people would leave them there the whole weekend, not 3 hours. Oh well, lesson learned.

I was entirely too naive for this tournament, and for that I payed and everything got messed up, ending at like 4 AM. I expect everyone to play their matches for pools as fast as they can, when in reality people just putz around and don't really do anything, and it's nearly impossible to keep track of 240 people at once and enforce on them.

That being said, and that being a factor, I do realize that the blame falls mostly on me, though.

Aside from this, I'd appreciate if people didn't really ***** too much about the 4 AM ending because I already know I ****ED UP. I've been really upset about it, most likely moreso than anyone participating in the tournament, and I realize what happened was completely awful. I'm sorry.

Aside from THAT, I hope everyone had a lot of fun. I know i enjoyed the few matches I got to play (tournament matches, and 1 friendly with azen :p) but that's fine, it's the life of a tourney director, lol.

I'll have brackets and stuff up today or tomorrow, I need a rest for a bit.

Congrats to mango, pc, azen, m2k, and other top finishers, I enjoyed watching those matches.

As far as items left at the venue, I think we found a silver controller and a blue cube or something. Korn, we found your blue falcon controller (I THINK) however we did not find your camera. Wobbles, my girilfriend found a pair of blakc gloves at the venue, I think they're yours.

That being said, I don't think I'm going to host any more tournaments, maybe someone else in TA will pick up the slack. I prepared as much in advance for this tournament as I could, and things went nowhere near as I had hoped. I just don't have the ability to control that many people like I should to be in that position. EIther way, I'll be around, and I'm sure melee tournaments will be too. Brawl is looking ****ty, still, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm out for now, PM me if you have any questions or anything I can help you with.

Again guys, im sorry

Reioumu

Smash Lord
MM brawl anyone ? :o lol

Good stuff mango ! getting first at EC tourney is a good show

but all the other great players need to be mentioned like Colbol Doll Otru KM Chineasah DJ combo all those people :p
Man, I need to hit myself more for deleting the money match off of my camera.

Your moneymatch against Dave was amazing lol. First moneymatch! (at least at an important tourney)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom