• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Who was that really good Snake/ Link player?:p

Edit: Who was that really good Snake/Link/Toon Link/Pit player that ***** the other guy in the Link ditto? They didn't taunt a lot but they were friendly and knew some cool tricks.

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Why does everyone kill themselves in SD, a party of 4 Taunters? SD is the best part... I mean, come on now.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
'Cause people get tech-happy on Temple and it can go on for a loooong time. It gets boring real fast. Same goes with people that like hanging on ledges. I just grab someone and wait for the bombs to come in or SD all together.

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
I mean for people who race to be the first to run off the stage; what fun is that?

And I always look like a jerk because I don't usually do it haha

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
The first to SD WINZ!!
Unless you like seeing your character pose at the end, don't do it.
You lose to win.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I do that too sometimes, just stand there as everyone kills themselves during SD.

*Tlink side taunt*

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I do whatever everyone else does. If a group dies at sudden death, I will too. And yes, if you don't do it with everyone, you are indeed a jerk :p
But I like staying at sudden death for a bit, but it does get really boring quick. If you hang onto a ledge, you're also a jerk imo. I only hang on if I don't like the other person and I don't want them to win. Otherwise I'll sit somewhere on the map where bombs may lay.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Just cause everyone else kills themselves doesnt mean you gotta do it. Some see it as a sign of weakness and try to walk all over you. Theres something even worse than not killing yourself wen every1 else does or grabbing on ledges and thats jumping at the last second wen everyone kills themselves. Now that is a true douchebag.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
You're only a jerk if you try to stay alive when one of the taunters isn't in the SD or one of them dies. Don't keep your friends waiting or they might hate you :p

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I just kill myself so we can move on to the next match. I kill myself even if it a player that hates me and only targets me. They can win that SD but I will take them on the next round.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
I just kill myself so we can move on to the next match. I kill myselfr even if it a player that hates me and only targets me. They can win that SD but I will take them on the next round.
This, you have no idea how the crasher/opponent hates that. :awesome:

Unless it's a friendly match.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Just cause everyone else kills themselves doesnt mean you gotta do it. Some see it as a sign of weakness and try to walk all over you. Theres something even worse than not killing yourself wen every1 else does or grabbing on ledges and thats jumping at the last second wen everyone kills themselves. Now that is a true douchebag.
Oh, yes. I hate when people jump while i'm falling, it really makes me want to kick the *** of the person who did that. :p

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I also do whatever the group prefers to do, though I prefer waiting a little bit in SD.

That's why I like Target Smash xD You can only die if 1. You get hit (duh), or 2. you walk right into the short area where bombs spawn. :p

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered an epic moment a few weeks ago... This good King Dedede taunter was fighting the crasher and somehow while the D3 was edgeguarding the Ike, he got meteor smashed so he died, so while Ike was recovering, I ( as white meta knight ) ran straight over to the edge and edgehogged him so the De got his kill back. :p

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I also do whatever the group prefers to do, though I prefer waiting a little bit in SD.

That's why I like Target Smash xD You can only die if 1. You get hit (duh), or 2. you walk right into the short area where bombs spawn. :p
Haha yeah that map is fun... it's also fun if you get in sudden death with a crasher and you both spawn at the same spot haha.

I love when a low tier kicks a high tier'd crasher's ***. It feels so good to KO a Meta Knight and Snake.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I hate it when I look like a jerk xD

I tried to throw a Black Falco partyist into their Star KO animation and SD before it finishes... but of course I did so on Onett, and couldn't do so in time ._.

The group I was with was fun, but I quit right after.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I hate it when I look like a jerk xD

I tried to throw a Black Falco partyist into their Star KO animation and SD before it finishes... but of course I did so on Onett, and couldn't do so in time ._.

The group I was with was fun, but I quit right after.
I hate that. I make them go into star ko animation but fail to SD myself in time. They then take it the wrong way in the next match.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
This is why you gotta be Snake, signal them close to you, place your c4 and go boom! :awesome:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Lately I had been in the 1 VS 1 matches while 2 are the so-call-watchers. I'm the one that fights a random and anytime my opponent is at high damage or I get to high damage one of them tries to spam smash attacks to KO. Today it happened. I was blue Peach and the 2 watchers was a green Pikachu and the one trying to get KOs was mostly Pokemon Trainer always staying Charizard. Or he would pick a heave character. I find it quite annoying. Mostly I feel if I put all the effort to damage someone high enough to be KOed to have it stolen and even worst if I'm at high damage that I could be KOed is so annoying.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
In taunt parties I don't bother taunting. I just glide toss turnips and reverse glide toss. Or I make up a game on predicting pulling out a Beam Sword.
I was killed once like that except it wasnt a sword. It was a bob-omb. We were playing a game of catch the turnip and well.......you know the rest....

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Haha so many people get annoyed and start chasing you even though they can't catch you if you're Sonic spamming the side taunt.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Just rocked up some crashers just now as Red Lucario.

...if anyone was looking for me.
Wait was that you that was with that white Ike (Was mostly Zelda the whole time.), along with me. I was using Wario then switched to Pokemon Trainer. You fought a Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, and I can't remember the other you fought? The whole group ended up D/Cing in the practice stage...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I see that a lot on Temple. They also spam the side taunt when they KO a crasher or a good player that tries to attack everyone and make it a 3 Vs. 1. I laugh at that honestly.
Its even more funny when I see a Wario player taunt after KOing someone or running away. The player giving chase for some reason just cant catch a slow mover like Wario.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Its even more funny when I see a Wario player taunt after KOing someone or running away. The player giving chase for some reason just cant catch a slow mover like Wario.
If it is ground speed they can unless they're using a slow character themselves. Although a better Wario should be in the air more since his air speed is very good.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
If it is ground speed they can unless they're using a slow character themselves. Although a better Wario should be in the air more since his air speed is very good.
Yeah he's really nimble in the air. His bike provides great recovery tactics also. Ive even seen players use his gas to recover when it wasnt even fully charged yet. XD

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I never actually get to fight good crashers... Most of them are spamming n00bs who I One hit KO at 60% because they fill oil panic without caring and the others are kind of OK but still spammy with slow moves.

On a random note, almost every single crasher I have fought has never recovered from Ness's meteor smash even at 0%.

Edit: So on the weekend, did any of you ever see 2 or more of these as the same person?

Normal G&W, white Meta Knight, white Ice Climbers, Randomly colored Sonic spamming side taunt and running away, or yellow Kirby? If so, that was probably me... Also, i'm a taunter if that helps. :)

Top Bottom