• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking another look at the Brawl ruleset

Gelar

Smash Rookie
kingdom

To preach the True Gospel of the coming Kingdom of God (Mark 16:15) with emphasis on Watching & Warning (Matt.24:42-Ezek.33). Matthew 24:14, is NOT written as the commission to be carried out by all church eras. The prophecy was provided by Christ as a prophetic SIGN for God’s people indicating that His 2nd coming and the restoration of the Kingdom of God on earth would BE VERY NEAR when fulfilled.

http://www.christisknocking.net/?page_id=2541

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've played with food on low for a long period of time and collected some data on it. It was pretty consistently given evenly between two even players.

On stages like FD and Smashville, players healed around 50% each. The biggest difference I saw was like 64% to 39% in recovery. In 8 minutes, you get about 100% of recovery split between two players. When one player is a clear victor, they heal much more.

Really, there's nothing wrong with food on low. In fact, it removes incentive to stall since your opponent can be healed.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Sudden death being a coin toss is just a theory, it is also likely that planking/scrooging breaks it too.
Simple solution: ban leaving the stage during Sudden Death. Does that suck? Yes. Does it discourage timeouts? Yes. That's the point.

Considering that Brawls equivalent to wave-dashing (glide-tossing) depends on item use, it seems only logical to me that some items should be considered.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for item standard play, if it actually ever became standard.

As for the timer - what happened to the 2-stock ruleset that was popular for a while?

Top Bottom