• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I was looking for this thread since it just disappeared a while ago. Oh how I miss these.

Looking at how ridiculous these miiverse posts are made my day.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'm starting to notice the non-romantic RP's in the Pokémon communities follow the same thing;

"We're a group of trainers at [some location], but then [some event] happens, now we're Pokémon! No Mary Sues allowed."

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
"Mary Sue" is a degratory term for a "perfect" character, one who implausibly has no flaws or is otherwise idealized. She/he may be excessively beautiful and be the center of attention. They may have powers that don't fit the universe. They might be the long-lost sibling of the main character. They may even be their creator themselves! (i.e, Chris-Chan in the Sonichu comics)

Basically, the stereotypical "original" character you might see in fan work. But a Sue may show up outside of this media.

Here's an article that goes into the details, if you want to delve deeper.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

Last edited:

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
"Mary Sue" is a degratory term for a "perfect" character, one who implausibly has no flaws or is otherwise idealized. She/he may be excessively beautiful and be the center of attention. They may have powers that don't fit the universe. They might be the long-lost sibling of the main character. They may even be their creator themselves! (i.e, Chris-Chan in the Sonichu comics)

Basically, the stereotypical "original" character you might see in fan work. But a Sue may show up outside of this media.

Here's an article that goes into the details, if you want to delve deeper.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue
Ah, that makes a bit more sense. I feel like I might've made one of those in my past.... aside from a few fan-made Pokémon.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
It gets pretty crazy, though. Some Sues are so powerful, they bend the universe to their will. Probably could find one on Miiverse if we looked far enough. :p

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Just saw a video of a recently permabanned user unloading a shotgun on a Miiverse admin. Talk about the height of maturity.

Pit_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, if he wants to murder a guy for just getting a ban, he deserved to be perma'd. Some people just can't take some criticism.

-Miiverse: Don't say anything or someone will take offense to it and you'll get caught in a flamewar for it.-

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I just find it hilarious, if slightly unnerving, that someone wants that kind of retribution. Against the anonymous, faceless admins who don't give a flying crap who they ban.

Honestly, getting back on such petty means reminded me of this.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Don't forget that packing heat on Miiverse is the penultimate image of edginess. :p

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

lage garding confirmed to be op sakurai please nerf

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Speaking of Sakurai, an interview with him recently said he is aware of the absurd Miiverse requests. Wonder how high Shrek or Goku got? :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have actually seen an RP with the similar baby topic. But you have to talk like a baby. Couple of days ago and I don't want to dig for hours in the youtube community.
Wouldn't that make for a crappy RP though?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
But the disturbing ones are hilarious... in their own bizzare way. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well? Anyone?
I've seen people do this on one Minecraft server I used to go to (it wasn't role-played focused or intended at all, it was creative-mode. The people there spent less time building and more time showing off their weird interests in chat). Some people pretending to be babies while others even pretended to be married parents taking care of them.

Oh God, the horrible memories....

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
It's probably pretty similar to the giant/tiny roleplays, but those are fortunately not all that common on Miiverse. That one guy was pretty much the only one I know of.

So, we've seen vore, grass, and baby roleplays. What's next? Maybe all 3 in one; baby animals eating grass roleplay. :p

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
It's probably pretty similar to the giant/tiny roleplays, but those are fortunately not all that common on Miiverse. That one guy was pretty much the only one I know of.

So, we've seen vore, grass, and baby roleplays. What's next? Maybe all 3 in one; baby animals eating grass roleplay. :p
So calf roleplay? :troll:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Yes, calf roleplay sounds about right. :p

... But sadly, even though we joke about it, someone's probably already done a calf roleplay somewhere.

Top Bottom