• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T9: Canada's Fighting Game Championships - SSBM+SSBB - Vote for event preference

What events would you guys like for Brawl?

• Singles Brackets, Doubles Brackets, and Crews

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Singles Pools, Singles Brackets, and Doubles Brackets

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
you guys are at wavedashing already?

=( im so behind.

im just started dash dancing =(

Anth0ny

Smash Master
oh christ im going to look like a scrub tomorrow >.> my wavedashun fails me. Looks like I'll just have to rely on mindgames...pfft who wins with those?

Also, I'm unsure of exactly what's going to go on tomorrow morning. Signups start at 10:30, but the Melee tournament starts at 1. Will the equipment be set up at 10:30? I'd really like to play some friendlies before the tourny considering I haven't played a human Melee player since before Brawl was released.

Also 1030 to 1 is like a 2 hour and a half wait. I wanna kill the time lolz :p

EDIT: Awesome, TyrantWolf posted this in the other thread:

Guys, try to be there by 11 to 12ish. That's a good time to be there. You can come at 10 if you like, and if we got TVs and ****, friendlies will be allowed. Tournament will kick off at around 12:30.

The Agenda will be:

Doubles Bracket
Singles Bracket

But if things go well, it'll be:

Singles Pools
Doubles Brackets
Singles Brackets

The more TVs we generate, the more likely option 2 will be. I know everyone wants that :]. But yeah.

For Brawl it's set in stone what we're doing. We'll do brackets in singles by seeding, Top 12 in the region will be seeded, just cuz 12 fits better into brackets than 10. Iunno about doubles, I'll look over some of the recent doubles results so I have a good idea of how the seeding will work.

Crews is single elimination. 12 stock sounds good so you guys can do 3 people, 4 stocks each or 4 people, 3 stocks each. I recommend people forcing themselves for this event, Smash crews always tend to have a good touch of epicness to it, even for Brawl.

Sanu

Smash Champion
This is going to suck, lol. Only going because I'm so close.

D.B

Smash Ace
There's always things going on in toronto / Scarborough / Sauga Just read around go to them and you'll get better

EDIT: I think i left my phone down at T9 or steves car. If anyone finds it please say so, its a black virgin mobile phone =/

Anth0ny

Smash Master
The real first place in melee clearly goes to the venue
Agreed. The only thing that pissed everyone off was the god **** flies. They were all taken out on day 2 :laugh:

I'll have some shoutouts later, but I must say that this was one of the most fun filled weekends of my life. Whether it was getting ***** in Melee or playing allright in Brawl, it was a great time.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Today was a really fun tournament despite room temperature problems lol.

I'd just like to say I saw a lot of players I didn't know impress me today, and I hope you guys ( among other newcomers) become regulars in the scene.

Lost to Rae and Phil, gj gentlemen untill next time. (Me and Phil have a tied tourney record while Rae's beaten me twice, wtf that must be changed lol)

PS Adnan or Matt: I'm not sure who's computer that was but It'd be cool if the brackets could be posted asap cause they are needed to help with the pr.

Top Bottom