• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swiss Twist: Just Smash 3 - Sat Feb 24 - Clovis, CA

Drex

Smash Apprentice
everyone can celebrate now, DSF is confirmed to be in attendance.. ;)

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
I'll attend this if I got no work for saturday.
Mr.Ganondorf, I'll only team with you that's if any of my crew members decide not to come.
I'll most likely team up with either dannimals/dc/mango/ or ezynjay.

You said u can house us, correct?

=]

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Oscar I'll only house you guys if you team with me. Just kidding :p I really really really want you guys here, I obviously have no problem with it. However, it's not my house after all, and my mother is extremely anti-video games. I'm gonna keep kissing her *** and recruit my dad to the cause, but it will prly be unnecessary cuz I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. I'm NOT 100% at this point, I will know absolutely for sure tomorrow night. I'll post tomorrow night as well as get on msn and aim, but if I still can't contact you guys online for some reason, gimme a call at 559-707-3225.

The Game II

Smash Champion
To my peeps cuz I love ya all.

I'm going to start coverage of the tournament Thursday night. The first thing I want to do is get a sampling of who's going.

So if you're interested (I already have been given some names so I have a heads start), PM me who you are (REAL FULL NAME), where you're coming from and what chars you plan to use. thanks.

--GCII

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Freaking sweet. I just got it cleared for you guys to spend the night Friday, so barring an earthquake splitting our house in two, housing for you guys is assured. I'm gonna have a Wii and a Cube with smash in each so I'm anticipating a great night of smash. DSF, I wanna MM your Samus again, lol. Mr. P Body, I want no part of your Falco, he's too good. Ha, and you thought I was gonna challenge you next :p

PS: Glenn, in case you were wondering, this is Brandan Tobin and I'll be using (surprise) Ganondorf for most of the tournament. Maybe a lil Doc and Falco too.

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
does any1else think ash from pokemon was gay since he never tried anything on misty?

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, HugS is actually going to this!?! Wow, ZivilynBane was a noob for moving to Missouri, pssh, Darkrain, we got DSF and HugS! Hugo, I'd beg you to let me house you, but I'm not sure just how many people are staying at this point. I guess it would be fine anyway as long as nobody minds sleeping on couches, lol. I'll take the floor if necessary, but only two people are gonna fit in my bed. What's your AIM, HugS? I'll get on later tonight (it's 5:30AM lol). Cya all there at this fan****ingtastic tournament.

Drex

Smash Apprentice
brandon whats your aim, DSF and Mango need housing friday night and saturday night.. the only problem with saturday night with you (saying they can stay with you) is that they have to be to the bus station at 9:30 in the morning

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
My AIM is MrBrandandorf. I already have DSF on there, but he's not online at the moment. My email for msn is shungokusatsu1337@hotmail.com

Everyone can stay both night's, that's fine. I just need to know when people are arriving, and how many are coming. My address is 1727 McKinley Ave in Hanford, CA 93230

I'll try to contact people online tonight to give directions and what not. I hope they bring cubes, cuz I got like 4 TVs but only a cube and a wii. It'd be sweet if everyone could play singles at the same time without waiting (I don't like doubles, but I think I'm better at it).

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Sucks you can't make it Sherridangerous, you will be missed. On a completely unrelated note, I will be accepting ice cream sandwich matches from anyone from central cali and chess MM from anyone period. And yes, I do always have a board in the car lol.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I just want to let everyone know that I was going to team with Drex, but my friend DC from socal said he wouldn't go unless I teamed with him and him in the car would REALLY help out my gas money situation, since i would otherwise be driving there all by myself and paying the full amount of gas on my own.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey hugs are you still coming to HOST 2? Dunno if you saw that the date was changed because of Evo >_>...I don't want the OOS people to buy plane tickets for the wrong date lol.

MrWillof469

Smash Cadet
Last minute notes and minor changes:

The championship match at the end of the stepladder in singles will be a best of 7. This compensates for the fact that, unlike in a double-elimination, the lower player does not have to beat the higher player twice to win the tournament. And it also makes sense to lengthen a match which will likely have a large cash prize on the line.

Speaking of cash, some possible 1st place payouts, depending on the number of entrants:
25 entries - $225
35 entries - $315
45 entries - $405

I'd estimate right now we'll have 30-something entries, but my estimates for the last two tournaments were way off, so we'll have to wait and see. More than 32 is good because it will make the tournament go 6 rounds.

To sound like a broken record, I'll repeat this one more time. We need GameCubes to make this thing run fast enough. There are 9 TV's already there, so I want 9 Cubes. If you're coming, bring a Cube. (keep it in your car trunk if we don't use it, I don't want excuses)

I have to work tonight, so I won't be at the qualifying tournament, but I'll see you all tomorrow. Good luck, everyone.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I HOPEFULLY will be giving updates throughout the tournament, including video highlights. It might be crappy (camcorder to TV), but be sure to check it out throughout the day Saturday.

--GCII

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I deeply regret to say that I wont be able to attend this tournament because a few last minute individuals decided to bail out. This means that I would be on my own, paying gas the whole way, and to be honest, I only have about 50 bucks to my name in my bank, and I can't afford such a trip.

I'm sorry guys...

MrWillof469

Smash Cadet
Results thread

You can also visit Glenn's site for results, interviews, and footage.

Congrats to our winners, thanks to all who came, and I hope to see you all next time I host. In the meantime, be sure to attend the Level One biweeklies, and any other local tournaments. Keep the CenCal Smash community strong!

Drex

Smash Apprentice
Our next biweekly will be saturday, march 10th... call 5593224111 for any information you may need

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
Our next biweekly will be saturday, march 10th... call 5593224111 for any information you may need
Make a new thread saying that, Drex (if you haven't already I mean). Also, fix that ad's text posted in the Level1 Forums and I'll get the message around and advertise by putting the posters in GameCrazys and GameStops around town. We are still having weeklies, right? On Fridays? And bi-weeklies which are the pay tournies every other week now?

On another note, congrats to Alex and the other people who got to Finals (mango, shadow, etc.). It was a really awesome tourny, and I wish I could play you guys more often and improve. Esp. you ShadowBTZO. See you guys another time.

shadowcloud

Smash Apprentice
congrats alex on you win and it was cool to meet and play some new people at this toury. Awsome job to Glenn and Will running it. Hope to see everyone at the next one:)

Drex

Smash Apprentice
lets not forget about drex, had it not for me dsf would have been down in LA or something

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
On another note, congrats to Alex and the other people who got to Finals (mango, shadow, etc.). It was a really awesome tourny, and I wish I could play you guys more often and improve. Esp. you ShadowBTZO. See you guys another time.
Haha thx =P

Good tourny though, I had alot of fun. If I can I'll try to make it to these, but I can't drive so iono =/. Good matches with everyone I played, Mango's alot better than I thought he would be, good sh*t. I was a little reluctant to play my Marth in singles but oh well w/e XD. GJ to Mr. Ganondorf in teams too, we did pretty good.

Looking forward to see some Cencal rankings or something XD, and you guys should come up to Norcal more often for tournies;)

Drex

Smash Apprentice
cencal rankings are on the way... 2/5 of the votes are in ;)

The Game II

Smash Champion
congrats alex on you win and it was cool to meet and play some new people at this toury. Awsome job to Glenn and Will running it. Hope to see everyone at the next one:)
uh, I didn't run a thing. That's all on big pimpin Will.

if you didn't know already, videos have been posted

There were two matches I took using the camcorder, but they came out so poorly that it would have been a waste of time uploading them. I forgot who they were, but yeah.

--GCII

shadowcloud

Smash Apprentice
uh, I didn't run a thing. That's all on big pimpin Will.

if you didn't know already, videos have been posted

There were two matches I took using the camcorder, but they came out so poorly that it would have been a waste of time uploading them. I forgot who they were, but yeah.

--GCII
well then good job with the media:)

Top Bottom