• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Lucas

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Silly rabbit all characters have a grab release on Lucas
this made me laugh bc everytime i am at a tourney and i do something like reverse magnet pull or zap jump or do something fancy w/ lucas and i hear ppl in the background going "what?!" i usually respond w/ something like "didn't you know trix are for kids?" lol.

oh and to stay on topic: gl sade

Sade

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sorry =( I didn't know the Bowser matchup too good until today lulz. Also I failed epicly on Jungle Japes. Lots of lag, and my jump > air dodge turned into a jump, and I jumped into a Klaptrap. I think I'm gonna upload the replay of that just because it was so terrible rofl

Also good luck to you guys :'D

Sade

Smash Cadet
I actually think Liquid Gen is better on WiFi. Or at least, he's more experienced in fighting Lucases.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yeah, you don't want to underestimate a Bowser main. They're better than you might think, so don't take kindly to them. A few things to look out for are OoS > Whirling Fortress, grab releases, avoiding getting below stage level because his Fire Breath isn't good for you or I, etc. When I fought my friends Bowser with Ness, I could not beat him. When I used Lucas, I won and I don't even use Lucas.

If you get close, try to nair over Bowser, even if he blocks it. At least you'll avoid being grabbed or hit. B-sticking also helps. If you got your C-stick set to special, use that so you can get close and at the same time go defensive when you use PKF. You obviously want to Zap Jump if you get knocked off the stage. It just makes it safer for you.

Sade

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you don't want to underestimate a Bowser main. They're better than you might think, so don't take kindly to them. A few things to look out for are OoS > Whirling Fortress, grab releases, avoiding getting below stage level because his Fire Breath isn't good for you or I, etc. When I fought my friends Bowser with Ness, I could not beat him. When I used Lucas, I won and I don't even use Lucas.

If you get close, try to nair over Bowser, even if he blocks it. At least you'll avoid being grabbed or hit. B-sticking also helps. If you got your C-stick set to special, use that so you can get close and at the same time go defensive when you use PKF. You obviously want to Zap Jump if you get knocked off the stage. It just makes it safer for you.
Yeahhh I knew about the OoS fortress and grab release but that's all I knew. plus I'm really stupid about approaches so I didn't know anything about the Bowser matchup until M2K watched my videos of a recent tourney final against a Bowser and told me what to do.

Personally I now rarely use nair on a Boozer because of the OoS thing. Instead I dair spam and grab more often if the Bowser gets in a habit of OoSing.

Too bad I learned AFTER the Vex match D: Before the Vex match, the only Bowser I've ever fought was Liquid Gen.

Second match btw. ITT my fail on last stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZgAQGa6Iv8

The actual match was VERRRRY laggy. Input lag was especially bad. It was almost, almost as bad as the lag in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZvm90A_K9o

Uffe

Smash Hero
You were doing great in that first video against Vex. Unfortunately you were robbed of that match, which sucks. You seemed to know how to handle Bowser very well, too. Just a word of advice. When you're on a platform, do your best not to stay on it for too long. Especially if the opponent below you has some good KO power, such as Bowser's u-smash, D3's u-tilt and Marth's u-smash. Another thing, you do not have to approach Bowser, either, since your projectile is better than his by range. As for the nair vs OoS > Whirling Fortress, you know more about Lucas than me, so I'll go with your advice instead.

Sade

Smash Cadet
Both. It has startup invincibility frames.

Actually as for platforms, IMO it's better against Bowser. Maybe it's just me but when I fight Bowsers, I ban FD now. BF works better since Lucas can dair onto platforms with little lag. Which means, say for example, Bowser is setting up an OoS fortress. Lucas dairs Bowser, but when Bowser goes to OoS, Lucas is already above him. Plus, I found that dsmash on a platform works great against Bowser especially since his shield sorta sucks after awhile.

Idk, I've always played on FD but then in a bunch of tourneys I went to recently, I lost against the Bowser every time I went FD until I banned it. Then I pretty much won every time lol

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
wow... Pink Fresh vs. Galeon... that really sucks well best of luck to the both of you

anyway, try to record the match

Top Bottom