• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Lucas

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Lucas....es. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

lil cj

Smash Lord
This is a great idea!
Lucas can handle the other low tiers:)
(he's mid tier material btw)

I nominate

1. Galeon
2. Oats
3. Pink Fresh
4. Sade
5. I might be able to do it idk yet; or Levitas or Tallman

Noraa

Smash Lord
1.Galeon
2.Pink Fresh
3.Noraa
4.Luur
5.Cj

....a mario or pt will probly win this *my personal thought*

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
If Tyr feels like playing online, then he should be included at the number 2 spot.

Galeon plays wifi? hmm

well

Galeon
Tyr
Me
Noraa
somebody

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Wifi?...

Lol idk if I'd be willing to do this and I doubt you guys would "nominate" me xD

I predict... a Yoshi will place relatively high.
Thank god for opinions!

Galeon

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind entering but I'm not great on wifi =/. I'll lose at least one stock per match messing up a pkt angle and dying at 2%. Sounds like it's for fun tho so whatev.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
this does sound like it would be fun... if you need somebody to fill a spot i wouldn't mind stepping up to the plate, provided my wifi works at the time. HEERO, don't you play on wifi like alot? so u should be pretty good considering the lag and what not.

heytallman

CTALL
I never play wifi either, but I'll give this a go if I'm needed.

I'll have to switch around my songs though. And I barely ever use rucas on wifi. But this sounds kinda fun. Count me in.

As for other Rucas mains, APC would **** in this, galeon would too, and then idk lol.

Sade

Smash Cadet
I could fill a spot if needed considering the only time I've played offline was at EVO :'D

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
this does sound like it would be fun... if you need somebody to fill a spot i wouldn't mind stepping up to the plate, provided my wifi works at the time. HEERO, don't you play on wifi like alot? so u should be pretty good considering the lag and what not.
Lol no, I only play when friends ask.
You're one of the few people I would play with XD

Anyways, I'm playing Melee now and I let a friend borrow my Wii, so even if I wanted to I couldn't play Wifi.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Well so far it looks like our 5 are

Galeon
ProAPC
PinkFresh
Noraa
(Fight it out for 5th guys ;p)

[Double post! F*ck, I gotta stop doing that >.<]

Edit: Maybe I can go over on AiB and see if I can find someone. Would that be cool with you all?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Well so far it looks like our 5 are

Galeon
ProAPC
PinkFresh
Noraa
(Fight it out for 5th guys ;p)

[Double post! F*ck, I gotta stop doing that >.<]

Edit: Maybe I can go over on AiB and see if I can find someone. Would that be cool with you all?
oh pick me, pick me... my lucas has gotten, well "nasty." :) every low tier tourney i've played in i've gotten top 3. they weren't nationals but there were some pretty good people in it. HEERO you should be able to back me up w/ some of these guys, Easy, Keitaro, and Rhyme (arguably the best Samus in the country). but it doesn't matter to me tbh. lol

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
oh pick me, pick me... my lucas has gotten, well "nasty." :) every low tier tourney i've played in i've gotten top 3. they weren't nationals but there were some pretty good people in it. HEERO you should be able to back me up w/ some of these guys, Easy, Keitaro, and Rhyme (arguably the best Samus in the country). but it doesn't matter to me tbh. lol
Yeah, I think Rhyme may be the best Samus in the country.
He really makes me believe that if every Samus main played her at that level that she'd be mid-tier without a doubt.

Also, it's not up to me to choose, I was just keeping track of those who seemed interested/said yes.

I have no power in this xD

lil cj

Smash Lord
I vote for Sade to be the 5th person
She's good and always plays on wifi
And since APC is in another country wont the lag be messed up?:(

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Show me TAC vs M2K and then I'll change my mind ;p
Random question, do people still talk about Tudor, I'm not being sarcastic or anything, it's just it's been a long time since I've heard that name O.o

Well it's up to whomever is holding the tournament to decide whether location matters.
It's Wifi, we're always gonna get a certain degree of lag and anyone who decides to play Wifi knows that and should be willing to deal with it..., that is unless it just keeps disconnecting every 4 seconds..., F*uck Wifi! >.<

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Holy sh*t, there's an L Button?! =O

If we use that "L Button" Lucas could be high tier!!!

Lol I'm sorry, I just had.

heytallman

CTALL
OK I reswapped my songs around so I can play wifi again. Whenever this goes down, if I'm needed, I'm ready. I've been playing a bit of wifi today. Too bad I've only really played ROB on wifi D: If the connection's good, it shouldn't be too bad.

But, as I said before, I'm ready if needed.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right, deadline for the roster is September 1st. You guys just send me a PM with the names (ranked in order, preferably. You can even go to past 5 if you want). Just pick one person here to send it to me so I don't get 4 repeated lists. If you have any problems with the roster and cry foul, I'll read through the entire thread and see if it's valid.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys should let me play as the 5th person.

I'm goin to a low tier tourney tomorrow. I'll have vids by Sept 1st to prove my worth. :O

edit: I went Ike, lol, nvm. <__<

Chuee

Smash Hero
I guess i'll play in this.
Ill send the roster too.
Just say so in here.
1. Me
More if needed.

lil cj

Smash Lord
i thought we had a list already made, but yeah im on it
Yea there was. It was:

1. Galeon
2.APC (who said he cant do it, we need a replacement. Tallman/ZMan?)
3.Pink
4.You
5.The 5th person wasnt decided yet, but I think it should be Sade. I always see her online, constantly lol.
So she has alot of wifi experience and she placed well at a big tourny.

Top Bottom