• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
So I get back to school this weekend and I'm super excited to start my new 5-day workout regiment. I wanna start doing things well from the start, what would be a good alternating plan?

(As in, legs Monday, upper body Tuesday, back Wednesday, etc)?
My offseason standard split is:

Monday - Back
Tuesday - Legs (Quads)
Wednesday - Chest
Thursday - Legs (Hamstrings, glutes and lower back)
Saturday - Some form of cardio

Changes a little when the aths season is coming around. i think it works well though.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
sup all!
First off: GREAT JOB TIGERWOODS..my hat goes off for you for staying ON TOP of this thread and continuing to be dedicated to it. GOOD ****

ok so heres me creds..

wt: 170 lbs
GOAL wt: 200 lbs
i wanna GET BIG SON.

what im doing...
bench/incline/dumbell
squat/box squat/supersquat
leg press
lunge
deadlift
powerclean
hangclean
pullups
dips
pushups
situps
military press
skull crushers

thats the core exercises of my workout...
- i do 5 sets of 6 or7
- heavy weight

im taking truemass weight gainer...twice a day.
kinda INTENCE
im also a BALLER

any advice?? ima take a pic of my bod later

*goes to gym*
EDIT: LAX BABY

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
pretty sure you got your **** together lol

my progress: I have tonsillitis and my back is still ****ed up, this sucks. Could be strep but I haven't gone to the doctor yet (appt tomorrow). At least the tonsillitis is keeping my appetite down. I'm gonna give myself another month to hit my lifting goals, because man that's lame to "fail" due to an injury. I'll be cutting it reaaaaal close with the weight goal, probably gonna fail but I will actually go through with that punishment because god**** no johns.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
sup all!
First off: GREAT JOB TIGERWOODS..my hat goes off for you for staying ON TOP of this thread and continuing to be dedicated to it. GOOD ****

ok so heres me creds..

i wanna GET BIG SON.

what im doing...
bench/incline/dumbell
leg press
lunge
deadlift
powerclean
hangclean
pullups
dips
pushups
situps
military press
skull crushers

- i do 5 sets of 6 or7
- heavy weight

kinda INTENCE
im also a BALLER

*goes to gym*
Hahaha thanks! Though I must admit I've been pretty lazy busy recently.

Advice? You don't look like you need help LMAO. :chuckle:

pretty sure you got your **** together lol

my progress: I have tonsillitis and my back is still ****ed up, this sucks. Could be strep but I haven't gone to the doctor yet (appt tomorrow). At least the tonsillitis is keeping my appetite down. I'm gonna give myself another month to hit my lifting goals, because man that's lame to "fail" due to an injury. I'll be cutting it reaaaaal close with the weight goal, probably gonna fail but I will actually go through with that punishment because god**** no johns.
Haha just don't kill yourself. As much as injuries/illnesses suck... just wait it out until you're better. :p

Attila_

BRoomer
sup all!

ok so heres me creds..

i wanna GET BIG SON.

what im doing...
bench/incline/dumbell
leg press
lunge
deadlift
powerclean
hangclean
pullups
dips
pushups
situps
military press
skull crushers

- i do 5 sets of 6 or7
- heavy weight

kinda INTENCE
im also a BALLER

*goes to gym*
i weigh about 170... have you been working out recently? 200 is kinda a lot... unless youre tall; being that weight and ripped will be kinda difficult without exercise acupuncture O_o

as much as i love cleans, theyre a POWER building exercise. they do very little in the way of building size.

3 types of squats but no front squat? its my favourite exercise of them all...

i personally would chuck situps and pushups off the list. situps cause of reasons ive detailed recently, pushups cause theyre too easy and you wont achieve overload until youve done way to many reps. and my elbows hate skullcrushers, but thats just me.

where did you get the sets and reps info? optimal for size is 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. anymore sets of any less reps is focusing on power.

im gonna assume all of this is not done on the same day... what's your split?

i presume truemass gainer is high in carbs, like most mass gainers. itll help you build a lot of general size in addition to muscle mass, so you wont appear toned. only saying in case you didnt know. for muscle mass, take a micellar casein with breakfast and before bed. and a hydrolysed whey protein isolate after a workout. just recommending ideals.

theyre my recommendations anyway. heaps of other info @ http://www.gamerhold.com/forum/index.php?topic=17149.0

gl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Even though I obsess over weight, it's not a measure of how jacked you are, haha. I'm 160 too, but it's a significant improvement from what I used to be.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
yea...i hate being skinny. It sounds like there's a lot of us here though.

gym yesterday was great i did:

military press
isoshoulder press
deadlift
20 pullups sets of five (one set of five i did gripping hanging towels for grip strength)

today im doing...
leg press
arms: bis tris forearms...

ima take my weight too...

im going more for the powerlifter/football player/bear in a cage look lol no homo
i dont want to be skinny and ripped, i want to BULK up.

EDIT: thanks for all the advice shmot!!! i read it twice
im still workin on a split...first week back to the gym i just wana get in the beat of things again. going to then gym 5 days a week is not easy...

it would look something like this
*pullups everyday*
MON: BENCH/INCLINE/SKULLS/ABS
TUES: SQUAT/BOX SQUAT/BIS/FOREARMS
WED: DEADLIFT/MILITARY PRESS/ DIPS/CORE
THUR: POWERCLEAN/LUNGE/LEG PRESS
FRI: ROWS/HANGCLEAN/SHRUGS/GOOD MORNINGS
SAT: OFF
SUN: OFF

of course i need to mess with the sched a lil bit.
dam im soooooo sore...ughhhhguhhgh ima try to swim today too...=D

oh yea btw im training to become a marine!!

caotic - I cussed!

Attila_

BRoomer
if youre naturally very skinny, becoming massive might be a problem. it sucks, but with these things, you've really gotta work with you're genetics. photos would be nice here. but have a crack and see how you go.

have you done much lifting before? how long have you been training at the gym? a lot of those exercises are quite difficult and very specific; not exactly necessary if you're a beginner or have been out of the game for a while.

i could criticise youre split if you'd like, or you can try it out and see how you go. not going to give help where it's not wanted.

@cao: i think you're update is a little overdue!

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
if youre naturally very skinny, becoming massive might be a problem. it sucks, but with these things, you've really gotta work with you're genetics. photos would be nice here. but have a crack and see how you go.

have you done much lifting before? how long have you been training at the gym? a lot of those exercises are quite difficult and very specific; not exactly necessary if you're a beginner or have been out of the game for a while.

i could criticise youre split if you'd like, or you can try it out and see how you go. not going to give help where it's not wanted.

@cao: i think you're update is a little overdue!
I dare say sir that you are quite wrong when it comes to overcoming genetics.

Supplements are your friend.

Anyone that says otherwise is stupid or ignorant.

Whey Protein, Milk Thistle, Creatine, NOS, some form of Amino, and some Drol and you're good to go.

I weigh 200lbs. I bench 400lbs. And was a personal trainer for a year before i joined the USMC. I run my Marine PFT 3mile in 19min. Both my parents are obese or severely overweight.. my TWIN sister is VERY overweight.

It comes down to time and discipline. Are you willing to create a workout routine and stick to it on a daily basis. Are you getting all the nutrients you need. Are you adding in cardio.

People are just lazy.. or think that using roids and supps is bad.
To that I say FAILURE.

Attila_

BRoomer
People are just lazy.. or think that using roids and supps is bad.
To that I say FAILURE.
ah, i admit it, i forgot to mention roids. yeah roids can help anyone get massive. even us naturally skinny kids. that being said, i like my testicles/liver/kidneys/behaviour towards women just the way it is.

supps are great. before i came to japan, i worked at GNC and fitness first. and both have offered me my job back upon return. dont worry, i do know just what hard training and supplements can actually do.

given my background and experience, i cannot and will not advise steroids to anyone. they can chose to use them if they'd like, but im not making any recommendations for anything of the sort. and under those guidelines, genetics play are a rather large role.

i never said that a person with fat parents would inevitably be fat, or a person who's skinny has no hope of building muscle mass. i am saying, however, that for someone who naturally weighs 60kgs at full growth (before training) will have a hell of a hard time moving up to 100kgs in body weight. in fact, its borderline impossible. espc compared to someone who naturally weighs 80kgs, and wants to also move up to that 100kgs.

but that being said, the 60kgs guy would find it much easier to get to 75kgs and maintain a ripped look. we can change our bodies, but only to a certain extent.

dont make it look like im ignorant, because i have more experience and have done more research that 99% of people when it comes to supps and exercise, and most assuredly know what im talking about. i dont mind if you give opinions (even when it comes to roids) provided that you dont slander mine in the process.

and the aminos that you were looking for there were l-glutamine (prohibits muscle catabolism), leucine (muscle growth) and valine (another BCAA, a mix of both). theyre the big three for putting on size, anyway. whey protein is a work out protein, (micellar) casein should be consumed at other times. and milk thistle is a liver cleanser for people who have been on a high protein diet for a long period of time, and/or a cycle of roids, and as such, would not completely be appropriate or necessary in this case.

/end rant

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
If your body type is skinny, you cannot really gain more weight than your body will let you(in muscle) through natural means. Same goes for stocky people trying to lose weight.

Along with what Shmot said... you can only change so much. Part of who you are is inherited and the other part is what you make of yourself. Just try your best to control what you can control and don't complain about what you can't.

Instead of aiming for a "better body," just aim for good health. If you are in good health, then the better body should come naturally. :D

I recommend you don't touch steroids. I've seen what it does to people in person...

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I've seen what steroids do to people in person as well... just take an anti-E and you should be fine.. and cycle off of it as needed.

The problems really come with people abusing them... or not knowing how to take them.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Steroids might not be as bad as the rep they have.

but bruce lee never used steroids and he was prolly the most beast person ever.

look at his eating habits and exercises if you want to get strong.

excess muscle makes you too slow, which is no fun.

roids are only really useful for weightlifting.

just look at what happens when you go Ultra supersaiyan

"Ultra Super Saiyan form was discovered as an advanced stage of Ascended Super Saiyan (itself an advanced stage of the Super Saiyan transformation) that further increased the physical strength of the Super Saiyan form. However, due to this form being so muscular, mass is increased to the point where the user's speed is reduced to debilitating levels."

Attila_

BRoomer
excess muscle makes you too slow, which is no fun.

roids are only really useful for weightlifting.
incorrect. a very common misconception. but i never understood the logic. let's take a look at some of the fastest men in the world:

or for the aussies:

and good depiction of leg size:

these are some of the fastest people on the planet, and they are all rather massive despite doing hours of muscle catabolism inducing exercise daily. running makes their muscles smaller, but they actually keep them that large!

so then, why?

more muscle --> more strength --> potential for more power.

screw wind resistance. the amount of muscle there provides more than enough power to overcome it. and it harnesses the potential for much more power and speed.

in short, you wanna be fast? get big and train for power.

and thus, steriods are very useful for most athletes. they make you faster, stronger, more powerful, and lessen injury time considerable. but at the cost of your kidneys, liver, intergrity, pride, nice guy reputation and your testicles.

oh, and recent studies have shown that people often actually get addicted to them. lol.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I disagree completely. It's all about how you train and what you train. You want to be fast then you have to build your fast twitch muscle fibers, not your slow twitch. For example, I was the fastest runner in ROTC back in high school, but then I started doing squats and building up my legs and my running slowed down. I'm still fast, but I've been putting too much work into slow twitch rather than building explosive muscle.

Those runners you posted built their bodies specifically for speed, that's why their fast.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
and thus, steriods are very useful for most athletes. they make you faster, stronger, more powerful, and lessen injury time considerable. but at the cost of your kidneys, liver, intergrity, pride, nice guy reputation and your testicles.

oh, and recent studies have shown that people often actually get addicted to them. lol.
I think the only real issue here is that people get dependent on supps and then abuse them.. or get addicted to the fast gains that they see. If it says 40mg then take 40mg.. the real issues come when you take 80mg because you like the gains you're seeing and want them to come even faster [this works.. but THIS is what will kill your body].

If you do 1 cycle, twice a year and then get on a nice inhibit-E then its not going to kill your liver and your kidneys. Add in some liver and kidney care on top of your I-E and you should be good to go w/ few adverse effects.

As far as pride and other emotional aspects go... anyone that uses knows **** well what they're getting into, and should have ZERO misconceptions of where their FAST gains are comming from. That being said, you still need to hit the gym and do work inorder for ANYTHING to have an effect.. so though i DO agree with you when it comes to physical deterrents, phycologically i think i'm in a better place than most of the kats at my gyms because i'm seeing improvements and most people hit a wall, and plateau out.

@ CluelessBTD- You're clueless son. You were running in RoTC. When you get to be a world-class runner or the best at what you do.. come back and talk to Shmot or myself. "Training for speed" is fine, but you need to increase in raw power and strength inorder to surpass your body's natural limits. Also... alot of people have this misconception that if you go out and run, or go out and lift weights that no matter what you do its going to have a positive effect on your chemistry.

Not True. You'll notice that distance runners, and sprinters have very different body compositions. Since most people rarely hit the gym or do cardio, any that they might do will have a DRASTIC effect on their BFP and strength in opposition to someone that's been doing these things for years. Back to the two runners... you'll notice that sprinters are FAR more lean than distance runners.. and that is because your body will eventually become comfortable and used to the workouts you are performing and will start to create stores of fat [which in turn are there to store energy]. This can be prevented by muscle confusion or interval training. Sprinters do alot of explosive strength training, but also distance AND sprints. Most professional distance runners i know generally focus on things like 4x20 whilst they're at the gym and pound lots of distance cardio.

Each of these methods will have drastically different results.

Also.. something is bothering me Mr BTD... don't ALL runners build their bodies for speed >_>

jugfingers

Smash Champion
incorrect. a very common misconception. but i never understood the logic. let's take a look at some of the fastest men in the world:

these are some of the fastest people on the planet, and they are all rather massive despite doing hours of muscle catabolism inducing exercise daily. running makes their muscles smaller, but they actually keep them that large!

so then, why?

more muscle --> more strength --> potential for more power.

screw wind resistance. the amount of muscle there provides more than enough power to overcome it. and it harnesses the potential for much more power and speed.

when I said fast I didn't mean running fast, I meant dexterity and agility, the ability to change direction on a dime, the ability to snatch a dime out of someones hand and replace it with a penny before they can close their hand, the ability to move your body through space in a multitude of directions in a short amount of time.

not simply moving in one direction fast.

also your muscle->strength-> power logic is not entirely correct.

power=forceXvelocity ( as you see here velocity and force are of equal importance when it comes to power)

force=power/velocity (and as you see here force will be severly inhibited if your body is not travelling at a high velocity)

obviously increasing muscle mass and density is necessary for speed but there is a point at which gaining muscle is going to inhibit your speed and hence inhibit your force and power.

Also Synthetic hormones are for *******

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I say you all have bits of pieces of correct information....

Excess SLOW twitch muscle will drag down your speed, but "excess" muscle in itself will not slow you down. You are merely ignoring your fast twitch muscles and forgetting to stretch. :D

Sprinters are far more lean? From what I know, generally they are BIGGER, due to their explosiveness. I.E. Big Bertha(one of the fastest female sprinters) is well... big... And most Kenyan long distance runners are on the skinny side.

And Chozen I think BTD was saying some runners build themselves up for speed, and others for endurance.

Anyway, I still disapprove of steroids. Anyone taking them with minimal work can have noticeable gains... Regardless of what you say, even if you think you are in control, you may eventually loose it. Plus, why are you using them in the first place? I workout to get HEALTHY, not to look better. Evidently getting healthy makes you look better though. :p

Edit: Dexterity and agility is actually gained more from practicing coordination than actually working out(though people like to mix the two in obstacle courses!). It relies mostly on your balance, reflexes, and hand eye coordination. Of course speed always helps...

Attila_

BRoomer
where does the body generate speed from?

muscles

what type of fibres are good for speed?

fast twitch

does more muscles mean more fast twitch fibres?

if you train for them it does.

it all makes sense. you can be small and powerful, but youre limits will be much smaller. the more muscles you house, the more fast twitch fibres you can potentially house. and its this that allows bigger people to become faster. and yeah, im a state level sprinter atm, so its not something im blinding talking about... its something ive actively made efforts to learn about and test them on myself.

and thus (a more detailed version)
muscles gives a greater potential for strength, which gives a greater potential for power.

when i talk about training for power, this is predominately full body exercises taken at maximal weights and only a handful of reps. cause thats how its done.

the runners posted below do build their bodies for speed. but only half on this is actually done on the track. the rest is in the gym, doing powerful, heavy exercises like squats and deadlifts.

in regards to dexterity, muscle doesnt necessary make it impossible. look at (male) gymnasts. completely huge, yet in complete control, and flexible as all hell. provided that you actually make efforts to maintain dexerity through your training, its completely possible to be dexterous and big.

agility on the other hand... yeah, it would be best to be a little smaller. more muscle means more weight which in turn means momentum. stopping movements and changing them into other movements become more difficult. but i assure you, captain falcon has a solid bench press.

and steroids... ive said my piece and i dont like repeating myself. i like my testicles just the way they are.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
where does the body generate speed from?

muscles

what type of fibres are good for speed?

fast twitch

does more muscles mean more fast twitch fibres?

if you train for them it does.

it all makes sense. you can be small and powerful, but youre limits will be much smaller. the more muscles you house, the more fast twitch fibres you can potentially house. and its this that allows bigger people to become faster. and yeah, im a state level sprinter atm, so its not something im blinding talking about... its something ive actively made efforts to learn about and test them on myself.

and thus (a more detailed version)
muscles gives a greater potential for strength, which gives a greater potential for power.

when i talk about training for power, this is predominately full body exercises taken at maximal weights and only a handful of reps. cause thats how its done.

the runners posted below do build their bodies for speed. but only half on this is actually done on the track. the rest is in the gym, doing powerful, heavy exercises like squats and deadlifts.

in regards to dexterity, muscle doesnt necessary make it impossible. look at (male) gymnasts. completely huge, yet in complete control, and flexible as all hell. provided that you actually make efforts to maintain dexerity through your training, its completely possible to be dexterous and big.

agility on the other hand... yeah, it would be best to be a little smaller. more muscle means more weight which in turn means momentum. stopping movements and changing them into other movements become more difficult. but i assure you, captain falcon has a solid bench press.

and steroids... ive said my piece and i dont like repeating myself. i like my testicles just the way they are.

obviously muscle gives you speed, But denser fast twitch muscles as you mentioned are more favorable then simply having large arms or legs in terms of speed

just look at bruce lee, he was definitely not a physically large muscled dude, and moved so quickly that sometimes 24fps film couldn't capture some of his movements so they had to shoot fighting scenes in 32fps

and could cause 300 lb punching bags to hit the ceiling with his kicks, he also broke a 150lb punching bag in half with a kick once which demonstrates the power of immense speed.

this is the type of speed I am talking about, big muscles will make you fast no doubt, but I don't think the relationship between power/speed and the size of muscles is entirely clear.

I think that other factors are more important for speed such as the health of your organs and the ability to move energy through your body

Attila_

BRoomer
when you spoke of power and speed, i thought you were talking the realm of sports. martial arts is a little different, and admittedly, not an area of expertise. and bruce lee... well... he was barely human. no one has since been able to imitate him. from what i know, most of his training was actually through fighting, not really in the gym, so its kinda hard for me to help you there. and logically he had the ultimate genes to do what he did; lucky *******.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
@ CluelessBTD- You're clueless son. You were running in RoTC. When you get to be a world-class runner or the best at what you do.. come back and talk to Shmot or myself. "Training for speed" is fine, but you need to increase in raw power and strength inorder to surpass your body's natural limits. Also... alot of people have this misconception that if you go out and run, or go out and lift weights that no matter what you do its going to have a positive effect on your chemistry.
Alright, go out and find a pro body builder who can beat a professional sprinter in a race. With your vast wisdom on exercise, you can revolutionize the olympic games. Seriously man, if you bulk up muscles that don't apply to running, you will slow down. It's common sense. That's what I was trying to say.

Also, pick a more original insult. That sh** was childish.

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
It's getting so much tougher staying to my schedule. I'm failing some classes and am taking extra help after school, so I only work out three times a week now but that's still fine. I also have college apps and so much homework, it's a lot more difficult to manage time. I just wanna get into college so my schedule won't be as rigid.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Snowboarding just started for me, so im getting a nice workout with that, suprisingly.
It's quite a workout having to lug a snowboard around on one foot while walking around haha

Attila_

BRoomer
new squat record today. 220kgs. thats 485 lbs for you kids in america. 5 plates.

rather pleased with myself.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yaaay, just got back from the gym. My ipod shuffle's charger died on me, so I had to go headphoneless, but it was a nice deviation from routine. I think I tried a bit harder actually since there was no direct distraction. Likewise my workouts are doing great.

I can't go everyday like I resolved to do, but I'm not drinking soda anymore, I'm not snaking, I'm catching breakfast, I'm eating two eggs with every dinner, and I'm biking to classes.

As a result, I'm eating twice as much, I'm getting a minor workout every time I bike to classes, and generally I feel fantastic.

I also got that big bag of whey protein Clueless suggested earlier - not the tastiest stuff in the world, but I mix it with milk and carnation instant breakfast in an empty water bottle and take it to dinner. Or at least try to mix - little bits of it won't dissolve and they're kinda not great...

Glad everyone else seems to be doing grood.

Attila_

BRoomer
i have trouble working out without music. unless im with my friends, but they're normally a distraction themselves O_o

a workout routine will normally mean you eat a lot more; its a good thing, enjoy it. your body just needs to cater for all the extra energy its using.

out of interest, what brand and type of protein was it? and what would you like it to do for you? i might have a couple of suggestions if youd like.

Attila_

BRoomer
*uses a pounds to kgs converter on the internet*

wow. 59 kgs. i think i was 62kgs when i started, so i know where youre at lol.

if you wanna put on muscle and general size, espc if youre relatively new to the whole building mass thing, id recommend a mass gainer and some flaxseed oil.

mass gainers are high in protein and carbs, as such, give you energy and help you build more general bulk as opposed to lean muscle. it also speeds the process up significantly (optimum nutrients for muscle building, no restrictions).

and the flaxseed oil slows down youre absorption of nutrients, helping you to absorb more of the protein and carbs that youre actually taking in. basically if you weigh 59kgs, you have a fast metabolism, which has a habit of sending things through without the body getting a chance to properly absorb what it wants to. while this is good for staying lean, it also makes building muscles hard. the omega 9s (more so than omega 3s) slow the process of absorbing nutrients down, allowing your body to get the most out of your food.

i mix in flaxseed oil and protein with my oats in the morning and you cant tell the oil is there at all. otherwise, a tablespoon a day (preferably in the morning) at least 1 hour before having any caffeine is recommended (caffeine is a diuretic).

as for the mass gainer, id have one with breakfast (either stirred in or seperate) and one in the afternoon (non-workout days) OR after working out (workout days). works a treat.

flaxseed oil is pretty standard despite brand, unless youre into organic stuff and whatever. proteins are a lot less generic, and you definately have good and bad ones. id recommend but not limit your options to:

http://www.nutritionaltree.com/revi...weight-gain/gnc_pro-performance-mass-xxx.aspx
http://www.mrsupplement.com.au/australia/ultimate-nutrition-extreme-gainer-iso-mass.html
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3480829

sorry, not to familiar with american supplements. these should all be ok. alternatively, go into gnc and see what they have to say.

oh, and only take half servings. trust me.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
I just turned 16 and I'm in pretty good shape. I weigh about 140ibs and I workout at least once a week,
trying to get back into a routine (2-3 days a week) but school and laziness has been ruining it.lol.

Anyway I was thinking, should I be doing intense workouts by this age?
I want to have a good figure but all the workouts I hear about are real intense, I'm thinking of just playing sports(water polo, swimming).
I'll be fine..right?

Attila_

BRoomer
I just turned 16 and I'm in pretty good shape. I weigh about 140ibs and I workout at least once a week,
trying to get back into a routine (2-3 days a week) but school and laziness has been ruining it.lol.

Anyway I was thinking, should I be doing intense workouts by this age?
I want to have a good figure but all the workouts I hear about are real intense, I'm thinking of just playing sports(water polo, swimming).
I'll be fine..right?
you should be fine BUT id keep all your sets about 12-15 reps long. intense enough to build some muscle, but not to stop you from growing or anything like that. and exercise properly. this is actually my main issue with kids in the gym. theyre a million times more likely to injure themselves.

Top Bottom