• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Cloud will usually have Limit since it's so easy to get. Even without Limit, his recovery is still only barley worse, since atleast it's fast and has a hitbox.

That's still a match you lost solely because the **** attack didn't work. Nobody else has this problem with their smashes.

But they're still better than him. ;P
:162:
Many of the time he's under the stage, he won't have limit. It isn't like it takes 1 second to charge it.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
having a hitbox and going up fast is far more important than the ""superior distance"" or whatever that duck hunt's recovery has

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Plus, Cloud can stall in the air with Cross Slash or Blade Beam, both of which have hitboxes. That alone makes it better than Duck Hunt's lol. In some circumstances Cloud is able to auto-ledge snap with Climhazzard but it's pretty situational.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
So since I hate maining number 1 characters, time to drop bayo and probably pick up zss as I played her before. Will vote later!

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
rhetorical question: what is wrong with playing characters you enjoy that so happen to be the best

Cyro

Airborne
:4falco:-1 I'm not seeing Falco in this kind of position, especially when characters below him like :4littlemac:,:4bowserjr:and :4palutena: all have proven track records and better neutrals than him. Yes, he has good combo ability and frame data, but it doesn't matter when you have such a flimsy neutral and poor approach, and his poor run and air speed don't help him. I've also never seen any results from this character in majors in my entire life.
At FOW Saga yesterday, AC and I both placed 33rd/356 going solo :4falco:, and we both feel like we could have made it to top 32 had we performed a little better in our qualifying matches.
Keitaro also went solo :4falco: and he placed 25th, so just give it time.

Brackets

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
At FOW Saga yesterday, AC and I both placed 33rd/356 going solo :4falco:, and we both feel like we could have made it to top 32 had we performed a little better in our qualifying matches.
Keitaro also went solo :4falco: and he placed 25th, so just give it time.

Brackets
Tell em cyro, Keitaro getting bopped isn't everything.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Since you are offering, I'm interested to know why you upvoted D3 and downvoted Pac. Otherwise, I agree with your votes (except for maaaaaybe MK).
I think MK is a great character, but I feel like tier 3 might be somewhat of a stretch right now. The mere threat of his ladder combo being gone is kind of a big hit for him, but I still think he has enough tools to be a good character and reside in tier 4.

Dedede may not be the greatest character in the game, and I don't think he's any higher than low tier. However, I think he's above the other characters in tier 8 and his results reflect that.

Pac-Man has been practically invisible in the competitive scene and hasn't made any splash at tournaments at all. The last time we saw a really well known competitive Pac-Man player was Abadango, and after he dropped him, the character was nowhere to be seen. He also requires a ton of tech and practice for not much reward. He has tools to stay out of low tier, but not any higher than low or middle of mid tier right now. I see him as low-mid at this point in time.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1::4bayonetta:
2::rosalina::4cloud::4diddy::4zss:
3::4ryu::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4villager::4ness::4metaknight::4pikachu:
4::4sheik::4greninja::4corrin::4tlink::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4yoshi::4rob::4peach:
5::4mewtwo::4myfriends::4luigi::4lucario::4pacman::4dk::4lucas::4miibrawl::4kirby::4marth::4samus::4lucina::4wario:
6::4robinf::4olimar::4drmario::4shulk::4wiifit::4bowser::4megaman::4gaw::4miigun::4falco::4link::4miisword::4littlemac::4feroy::4charizard:
7::4bowserjr::4palutena::4ganondorf::4duckhunt:
8::4zelda::4dedede::4jigglypuff:
+ 1:4sheik: Blahblahblah, you already know the drill, blahblahblah
+ 1 :4olimar: Seriously, why isn't he higher yet? I honestly do not understand anymore.
+ 1 :4ryu: Ryu's one of the premier threats this meta, I do not see why he should not be in tier 2.
- 1 :4kirby: I don't believe that he can measure up to characters like Luigi, Ike, Samus, Marth, and Wario, he doesn't belong with them imo.
- 1 :4bayonetta2: I feel like the current Tier 2 should just become the top tier, with her included in it somewhere.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I think MK is a great character, but I feel like tier 3 might be somewhat of a stretch right now. The mere threat of his ladder combo being gone is kind of a big hit for him, but I still think he has enough tools to be a good character and reside in tier 4.
The death combo still exists, it's just that it's significantly harder to do. Either way, his combo game, mobility, edgeguarding, and kill power are still top notch. He's definitely still tier 3.
:162:

TheRudeOne

Smash Rookie
+:4sheik: I still don't think she is that low
-:4ryu: I have not seen anybody play Ryu at a major tournament and place high in a long time. Also I change my mind on thinking Mario is worse than Fox and Sonic, Larry, Ally, ANTi, and Zenyou all do way to much work with Mario.
+:4fox:Fox and Sonic are pretty much on the same level but Fox has better results as Larry and Xzax get better results than Seagull Joe or 6WX.
+:4dk: I don't think he is worse than Pac-Man and can back it up if anybody wants to know.
+:4dedede: He is not a bottom tier character in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

What does Dedede have that doesn't make him a bottom tier character, looking at his character build alone?

Routa

Smash Lord
I wont be voting the top tier guys due to other people already doing that for me. He he... slaves..

+:4miibrawl:
+:4miigun:
+:4miisword:

Why am I voting these guys all the time you may ask... Well I believe most of the Mii mains (like me and our Gunner expert... there is a reason why people avoid this thread) agree that Brawler has a place in tier 3, Gunner has a place in tier 4/5 and Swordfighter in tier 4/5 (in Any size XXXX form). I can go more into Swordfighter if asked. I'm not a expert when it comes to Gunner, but I think our "Mii Gunner the Guy" will more than happily explain ins and outs of Gunner. As for Brawler... Well he is pretty much Mario with more mobility.

-:4pikachu:
+:4myfriends:

Last edited:

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
I wont be voting the top tier guys due to other people already doing that for me. He he... slaves..

+:4miibrawl:
+:4miigun:
+:4miisword:

Why am I voting these guys all the time you may ask... Well I believe most of the Mii mains (like me and our Gunner expert... there is a reason why people avoid this thread) agree that Brawler has a place in tier 3, Gunner has a place in tier 4/5 and Swordfighter in tier 4/5 (in Any size XXXX form). I can go more into Swordfighter if asked. I'm not a expert when it comes to Gunner, but I think our "Mii Gunner the Guy" will more than happily explain ins and outs of Gunner. As for Brawler... Well he is pretty much Mario with more mobility.

-:4pikachu:
+:4myfriends:
I think most people don't know/care about Miis enough to vote them up. We don't see Miis anywhere and even for glory bans them. They have become kinda irrelevant nowadays.

D

Deleted member 269706

+ :4sheik: - Kinda goes without saying, but she is still a solid character. Still has an amazing neutral game, godlike recovery, and decent tournament placings after the patch. No she's probably not top 5 anymore, but she is without a doubt among the best in the game.
+ :4mewtwo: - Been seeing a lot more Mewtwo lately, and I think on top of the latest patch, we've been sleeping on him more than most characters. I think he deserves to go up a tier.
+ :4bowserjr: - Other than Sheik, this is the only character who I feel is way out of place. Though he shouldn't go very much farther up, I think he deserves a spot in tier 6.
+ :4zss: - I think she is the last member of the top 4. Still a solid character, Nairo proved to us at 2GGT that the nerfs really didn't affect her all too much. Confident in my opinion.
+ :4luigi: - I hate this character just as much as the next guy, but I really don't think he is this low. Would place him right around the Falcon/Yoshi section of the tier list.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
My votes!!!

:4palutena:+1 - SHE IS NOT BOTTOM 6. If you want your reasoning, ask @Feelicks for the reason and you will never place Palu where she is!
:4feroy:-1 - He is no longer our boy and he is in the bottom two tiers.
:4sonic:+1 - From what I heard, good matchup vs Bayo, and I have easier time vs bayos with sonic. Plus, he is number 6 at the very least in my honest opinion.
:4bowserjr:+1 - What are you doing down there Jr.? Taking a nap?
:4link:-1 - What are you doing up there Link? Trying to trick Zelda into thinking your on par with :4falco:?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Since you are offering, I'm interested to know why you upvoted D3 and downvoted Pac. Otherwise, I agree with your votes (except for maaaaaybe MK).
I thought you were dead...
Think you put the wrong kinda vote. :p
Never sad I knew what I was doing :p[/QUOTE]
Dat Fire Emblem fates girl doe
1::4bayonetta:
2::rosalina::4cloud::4diddy::4zss:
3::4ryu::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4villager::4ness::4metaknight::4pikachu:
4::4sheik::4greninja::4corrin::4tlink::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4yoshi::4rob::4peach:
5::4mewtwo::4myfriends::4luigi::4lucario::4pacman::4dk::4lucas::4miibrawl::4kirby::4marth::4samus::4lucina::4wario:
6::4robinf::4olimar::4drmario::4shulk::4wiifit::4bowser::4megaman::4gaw::4miigun::4falco::4link::4miisword::4littlemac::4feroy::4charizard:
7::4bowserjr::4palutena::4ganondorf::4duckhunt:
8::4zelda::4dedede::4jigglypuff:
+ 1:4sheik: Blahblahblah, you already know the drill, blahblahblah
+ 1 :4olimar: Seriously, why isn't he higher yet? I honestly do not understand anymore.
+ 1 :4ryu: Ryu's one of the premier threats this meta, I do not see why he should not be in tier 2.
- 1 :4kirby: I don't believe that he can measure up to characters like Luigi, Ike, Samus, Marth, and Wario, he doesn't belong with them imo.
- 1 :4bayonetta2: I feel like the current Tier 2 should just become the top tier, with her included in it somewhere.
Shiek fell way to many pegs(should atleast be around 2-3)

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
+ :4zss: - I think she is the last member of the top 4. Still a solid character, Nairo proved to us at 2GGT that the nerfs really didn't affect her all too much. Confident in my opinion.
I only recently picked up ZSS, about a month ago to be exact (and as always, when I pick somebody up, they get nerfed, but that didn't stop me), so it's satisfying to see even after her nerfs/changes, she is still strong and kicking, especially for somebody new to the character like me.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
+1 :4megaman:
+1:4wiifit:
-1 :4kirby:
-1 :4falco:
-1:4feroy:

Also, I don't wanna downvote :4bayonetta: because it woudn't make much sense but can we get rid of Tier 1? She's not on a tier on her own.

D

Deleted member

I honestly think :4mewtwo:does have tier 4 potential. I find him a better character than :4yoshi: and :4peach: if anything lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom