• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why are people still downvoting Lucina when she's much closer in viability to Marth than she ever was in the past?
If you're gonna downvote Duck Hunt, than Lucina can be downvoted aswell.

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
-:4duckhunt: Idk why people keep upvoting him. The current spot is perfect for DH.
+:4palutena: Palutena on the other hand gets downvotes too much.
+:4rob:
- :4charizard:
-:4falco:

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
If you're gonna downvote Duck Hunt, than Lucina can be downvoted aswell.
Though there is a slight difference in Lucina and Duck Hunt lol...

Both unfortunately have very very little in terms of results, but Lucina does have more than Duck Hunt, and also a larger playerbase (for the record, in my area, there are 3 Lucina players, and not a single Duck Hunt player). Lucina also doesn't have grave/dire problems with her moveset like Duck Hunt has (bad recovery, bad smashes, useless moves like Wild Gunman etc), and after all the buffs she has received, how she can be perceived as more than a tier away from Marth is bizzare (in fact, this is just me, but how she can be perceived as in a different tier to Marth is bizzare too).

For anyone wondering about Lucina, her differences don't actually mean she does much that different from Marth. Where Marth can go for example, 60:40 in some matchups, Lucina lacking a tipper doesn't mean she'd lose it. In fact, she'd either be the same, or slightly lower (in most cases). In general, Marth is ahead in matchups very slightly, or both Marth and Lucina are on the same point. It's not like where Mario beats characters, but Doc loses against the same character. Lucina actually has a couple of matchups where she can excel better than Marth (namely Falcon, Pika and Sonic). So in reality, it's right that Marth is better than Lucina, but the difference between them is really not that different. Yeah, lack of results and what not, but she's almost totally the same as Marth. If we go off that logic, surely Pit and Dark Pit should be seperated, because Pit has lots more results than Dark Pit (by approximately 300+). I know the differences are more noticeable with Marth and Lucina, but their matchups are still very similar, much like how Pit and Dark Pit's matchups are very similar.

I'm not trying to say Marth and Lucina should be grouped together like Pit and Dark Pit, certainly not, because their differences in matchups are clearer and slightly more varied (though again, still very similar). However, it's not like Mario and Doc where one clone is much lower than the other.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Though there is a slight difference in Lucina and Duck Hunt lol...

Both unfortunately have very very little in terms of results, but Lucina does have more than Duck Hunt, and also a larger playerbase (for the record, in my area, there are 3 Lucina players, and not a single Duck Hunt player). Lucina also doesn't have grave/dire problems with her moveset like Duck Hunt has (bad recovery, bad smashes, useless moves like Wild Gunman etc), and after all the buffs she has received, how she can be perceived as more than a tier away from Marth is bizzare (in fact, this is just me, but how she can be perceived as in a different tier to Marth is bizzare too).

For anyone wondering about Lucina, her differences don't actually mean she does much that different from Marth. Where Marth can go for example, 60:40 in some matchups, Lucina lacking a tipper doesn't mean she'd lose it. In fact, she'd either be the same, or slightly lower (in most cases). In general, Marth is ahead in matchups very slightly, or both Marth and Lucina are on the same point. It's not like where Mario beats characters, but Doc loses against the same character. Lucina actually has a couple of matchups where she can excel better than Marth (namely Falcon, Pika and Sonic). So in reality, it's right that Marth is better than Lucina, but the difference between them is really not that different. Yeah, lack of results and what not, but she's almost totally the same as Marth. If we go off that logic, surely Pit and Dark Pit should be seperated, because Pit has lots more results than Dark Pit (by approximately 300+). I know the differences are more noticeable with Marth and Lucina, but their matchups are still very similar, much like how Pit and Dark Pit's matchups are very similar.

I'm not trying to say Marth and Lucina should be grouped together like Pit and Dark Pit, certainly not, because their differences in matchups are clearer and slightly more varied (though again, still very similar). However, it's not like Mario and Doc where one clone is much lower than the other.
• With Pit/Dark Pit, they have a move that's better than the other's(Pit with Arrows and Ftilt, Pittoo with Electroshock), and all of their MUs are pretty close to even with eachother. Plus, Dark Pit used to have more results at the beginning of the game's life because edge.
• Mr.Peepers doesn't have that bad of a recovery though
• Duck Hunt has Brood, Yusan, and Guy still

Also, Duck Hunt and Lucina have around the same amount of notable players who main them.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Duck Hunt also has Dandy Penguin. No one ever seems to mention him.
Oh yeah, forgot about Dandy Penguin...mostly because I've never heard of him or saw him on the notable mains list for Duck Hunt

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda pointless to list those players.
Palutena has notable players too like Prince Ramen, Ice Ninja, Chreest, Aerolink, etc. so why do people downvote her? Surely she isn't worse than Duck Hunt. I could keep going: Link has Izaw, Hyrule Hero, Cat... and has had relatively good results so why downvote?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik::4zss:
2::rosalina::4bayonetta:
3::4diddy::4sonic::4fox::4metaknight::4mario::4ness::4ryu::4pikachu::4villager::4cloud:
4::4corrin::4yoshi::4falcon::4greninja::4wario:
5::4tlink::4myfriends:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4peach::4luigi::4lucario::4pacman::4rob::4dk:
6::4mewtwo::4olimar::4lucas::4gaw::4kirby::4marth::4miigun::4falco::4miibrawl::4link::4megaman::4robinf::4wiifit::4littlemac::4miisword::4lucina::4feroy:
7::4bowser::4samus::4shulk::4bowserjr::4drmario::4charizard::4palutena:
8::4duckhunt::4dedede:
9::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff:

+1:4megaman:Too low in his tier

-1:4link:This absoluty NEEDS to happen for this list to be decent.

-1 :4palutena:Pretty crap overall in everything except results.

+1:4duckhunt: I just... *facepalm*

+1:4pit::4darkpit: (We can vote both at once, right?) Second/third best high tiers imo (first is Greninja). Way better than Corrin and Captain Falcon for sure. Better than Wario too. And most likely Yoshi. They have good results from Earth, great theory, no bad matchup apart from ZSS, and is average overall in everything which makes it perfectly balanced.

Other thoughts:

Wii fit Trainer and Robin are too low too, like Mega Man

Corrin and Captain Falcon aren't this high, in fact Corrin is the worst high tier imo.

Jigglypuff isn't the worst, at least above Zelda and Ganondorf

Customs on Mii Brawler is at least tier 5.

Bowser Jr. isn't THAT bad.

King Dedede isn't bottom 5

Pac-Man and Rob are better than Lucario.

Cloud should be higher in his tier.

This is actually starting to look like a good tiers with some major flaws, which is great. Fix those flaws and it's solid.
Well, I've changed my mind on Palutena, so now I'm gonna downvote Captain Falcon

D

Deleted member

It's kinda pointless to list those players.
Palutena has notable players too like Prince Ramen, Ice Ninja, Chreest, Aerolink, etc. so why do people downvote her? Surely she isn't worse than Duck Hunt. I could keep going: Link has Izaw, Hyrule Hero, Cat... and has had relatively good results so why downvote?
AeroLink solo mains :4bayonetta: now.

People just downvote Palutena because of character ignorance, unfortunately. It's like people who downvoted Mewtwo for so long until they finally realized he was solid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
If any of you think somehow that Jiggs is better than Ganondorf, watch this video.

*words trying to come out*...!!!

Can I just also point out 3:59? 49% off of 3 hits... geez... I am in no way trying to say Ganon should be higher up, but you have gotta respect that the man can put you in kill range after about 4 hits total. That is scary.

Also, this is another prime example of Ganon power - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em4Mppfjp9A

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto

*words trying to come out*...!!!

Can I just also point out 3:59? 49% off of 3 hits... geez... I am in no way trying to say Ganon should be higher up, but you have gotta respect that the man can put you in kill range after about 4 hits total. That is scary.

Also, this is another prime example of Ganon power - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em4Mppfjp9A
I actually think he has tenth worst character potential (as opposed to bottom 3). People really overlook the type of stuff he can do. Yes, he is a bad character, but he's on a completely different level than the likes of Jigglypuff or Zelda.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I can sympathize, though, because this game has an overwhelming amount of characters. It's really hard to choose just a few so I can see why some people don't.

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
+1 :4duckhunt: (Took a Canadian national (regional?) and made Top 8 at Glitch. Definitely on par with the Tier 7)
+ 1 :4dedede: (Made Top 32 at BEAST 6 on a solo run iirc which again is more than a bunch of Tier 7 characters can claim. And honestly, Tier 8 seems kinda pointless).
+ 1 :4bayonetta:
+ 1 :rosalina:
(^ These are mostly to get rid of Tier 2)
- 1 :4yoshi: (Sorry. I just don't think his results justify him being that high. The tier below seems more appropriate)

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
If you claim that you 'main 17 characters and secondary 23' then you obviously don't have '17 mains' and '23 secondaries'. A main character is 1 character. A secondary is 1 or potentially more characters (that could fall under the bracket as 'pocket', unless they're played for fun). The remaining characters are just characters you play. So no, you don't 'main 17' and 'secondary 23', you just play 40 characters. If you're looking to play the game competitively and be successful, then playing more characters than you need to will serve as a detriment.

Top Bottom