• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Rosalina -1 (not the best)
Sheik +1 (best character by far)
Pikachu -1 (the best Pikachu in the world didn't even do that well at EVO even with that jank custom)

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
-1 :4pacman:

Pac is definitely too high, there's way too many badmatchups for him with rush downs.
I disagree with this. Harshly. Pac-Man's weakness is not characters orienteered towards rushdown - with a large part of the Smash 4 Metagame generally having to be rushdown based anyway, that logic would say that Pac-Man would in fact be bodied by around 70% of the entire cast.
Pac Man's true weakness is where he's put into a situation where he struggles to adapt to the characters style, with four notable threats being known to do this to him fairly reliably -
Sheik, Rosalina, Fox and Sonic. Whilst 3 of these are generally orienteered to agressive play, each has their way to beat Pac unless he finds a way to work around.

You're also not realising that Pac potentially was a counter to Diddy
Pre 1.0.6 (and obviously still is), and is one of the best counters to Little Mac and Luigi in the entire game. And almost every other match-up we have, it's considered to be either even or advantageous.
To get rid of bias though, Pac's playstyle requires a lot of matchup knowledge. Luigi can send the dot-muncher 'Pac'-ing way more easily if Trampoline was not in play, his tools need to be put in JUST the right way for character that Pac hard counters to have it work like a hard counter.

On Topic to the Tier List though...
-1 :4zss: Definitely a good character, personally I just find that she's just a bit of a one-trick pony what with those grab combos.
+1:4peach: I can now say that she's most underrated character in the entire game, now that more people have seen Pac's potential at EVO. Definitely not at her Melee glory, but definitely viable.
+1:4mario: Very strong threat. Excellent aerial game and mobility, amazing combos (with a great array of combo starters too!), great edgeguarding, no doubt about it, Mario is a beast.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Don't waste your votes on these characters, because the result is practically decided:
:4sheik:+11 (up to tier 1)
:rosalina:-12 (down to tier 2)
:4feroy: +8 (up to tier 4)

Characters currently moving up a tier:
:4mario:
+6 (up to tier 3)
:4link: +5 (up to tier 4)
:4gaw: +4 (up to tier 5)
:4lucina: +5 (up to tier 6) (this is the same tier that Marth is headed to)

Characters currently moving down a tier:
:4marth:-4 (down to tier 6) (accidentally didn't include him in the last list)

Characters about to move up a tier: (one up-vote away)
:4metaknight: +3 (would go up to tier 3)
:4villager: +3 (would go up to tier 3)
:4duckhunt: +3 (would go up to tier 4)
:4palutena: +3 (would go up to tier 6)
:4drmario: +3 (would go up to tier 5)
:4miisword: +3 (would go up to tier 7) (note that this would leave tier 8 empty)

Characters about to move down a tier: (one down-vote away)
:4pacman: -2 (would go down to tier 4)
:4myfriends:-2 (would go down to tier 5)

Last edited:

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
Welp. Guess I'm that guy again.

You can only vote for three characters at a time
You post more than 3 characters every single time. Regardless of whether you call it out in your post, you're doing it.

Browny has already stated when people(like yourself) vote more than 3 times, he takes the first 3. He's also suggested we don't need to remind everyone of this rule every single time.
That being said, don't be that guy.
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but better focused on other tasks. Might I suggest you make a :4kirby: guide?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
You post more than 3 characters every single time. Regardless of whether you call it out in your post, you're doing it.

Browny has already stated when people(like yourself) vote more than 3 times, he takes the first 3. He's also suggested we don't need to remind everyone of this rule every single time.
That being said, don't be that guy.
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but better focused on other tasks. Might I suggest you make a :4kirby: guide?
Yeah, knowing you can only vote three. I don't think he knows.

Also I don't know the game terms, nor enough in general to make a guide.

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, knowing you can only vote three. I don't think he knows.

Also I don't know the game terms, nor enough in general to make a guide.
The point is, you do know and you still do it.
He doesn't know, but it doesn't matter as Browny will only take the top 3 anyway.

Set a good example and stop doing it yourself, if newcomers see everyone voting 3 times, they will get the hint.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
The point is, you do know and you still do it.
He doesn't know, but it doesn't matter as Browny will only take the top 3 anyway.

Set a good example and stop doing it yourself, if newcomers see everyone voting 3 times, they will get the hint.
I speaficially said this in my post, there is NOTHING aganist doing this, if you know and say this

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
Ok, let's be more constructive. You clearly love kirby,but don't know enough to contribute.
Not a problem at all.
Then learn, show us all why he is good.
Go watch some videos, study a single kirby matchup against a top tier and find something kirby can use to his advantage.

Maybe practice any combos kirby can pull off with sheik needles, or with any other abilities copied from top tier opponents.

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
Ok, let's be more constructive. You clearly love kirby,but don't know enough to contribute.
Not a problem at all.
Then learn, show us all why he is good.
Go watch some videos, study a single kirby matchup against a top tier and find something kirby can use to his advantage.

Maybe practice any combos kirby can pull off with sheik needles, or with any other abilities copied from top tier opponents.
I think Kirby can jab lock w/ Lucario's uncharged neutral b.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Only after writing this out did I realize all three characters are from the Zelda series.

:4link: -1
:4zelda: -1
:4sheik: +1

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
So......that patch, huh? Should change some things. Luckily, we've passed 60 votes so we should be able to go into the next round before long.

Samus and Dedede didn't get buffs, while most of the bottom tier did, so I imagine they'll be going down.

Zelda will finally be making her ascent out of the depths of hell.

WFT just got buffed all over the damn place.

Robin probably got more from this patch than anybody, and is a lot more viable.

etc.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Kirby's probably better now, his forward throw combos into a TON of things.

And jeez Sakurai when are you going to buff King Dedede and Jigglypuff

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kirby's probably better now, his forward throw combos into a TON of things.

And jeez Sakurai when are you going to buff King Dedede and Jigglypuff
Pit, Palutena, and Kirby are the only ones Sakurai cares about. Meta Knight and DeDeDe were nerfed for a reason(whatever that is I don't mind, hate DeDeDe), while Dark Pit didn't really get much changed.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Pit, Palutena, and Kirby are the only ones Sakurai cares about. Meta Knight and DeDeDe were nerfed for a reason(whatever that is I don't mind, hate DeDeDe), while Dark Pit didn't really get much changed.
Actually, Sakurai likes Meta Knight, otherwise he woudn't still be high tier. But you are right about Dedede though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, Sakurai likes Meta Knight, otherwise he woudn't still be high tier. But you are right about Dedede though
Why nerf Meta Knight in this patch if he likes him then? That's kinda wierd, and didn't know he was high tier. Thought he was with last patch Pit in the high mid tier section.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
So......that patch, huh? Should change some things. Luckily, we've passed 60 votes so we should be able to go into the next round before long.

Samus and Dedede didn't get buffs, while most of the bottom tier did, so I imagine they'll be going down.

Zelda will finally be making her ascent out of the depths of hell.

WFT just got buffed all over the damn place.

Robin probably got more from this patch than anybody, and is a lot more viable.

etc.
Zelda is probably good where she is now. She was too high before the patch, but I guess people have their waifus.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Except he wasn't nerfed?
There's a vine video showing Meta Knight having a bit less range in his d-smash, and he was pretty close to Duck Hunt. Sinar to how Dr.Mario now has better range in his u-smash than Mario does.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
There's a vine video showing Meta Knight having a bit less range in his d-smash, and he was pretty close to Duck Hunt. Sinar to how Dr.Mario now has better range in his u-smash than Mario does.
I see where you're getting confused. I think they slightly reduced the size of the animation, but left the hitboxes the same. So it's actually better, because now it doesn't whiff as long as you hit with the sword trails. It makes spacing easier. It's not much, but it's more of a buff than a nerf.

If I'm wrong on that, then they increased the hitbox size to match the animation, and it's a definite buff. But I think it was just a cosmetic change.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I see where you're getting confused. I think they slightly reduced the size of the animation, but left the hitboxes the same. So it's actually better, because now it doesn't whiff as long as you hit with the sword trails. It makes spacing easier. It's not much, but it's more of a buff than a nerf.

If I'm wrong on that, then they increased the hitbox size to match the animation, and it's a definite buff. But I think it was just a cosmetic change.
That makes sense. What about Pit? Any more buffs besides arrows, Guardian Orbitars, and jab combo/infinite speed and strength higher?

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is probably good where she is now. She was too high before the patch, but I guess people have their waifus.
Yeah, you might be right. She got some good stuff though. She can now confirm Farore's Wind from the back hit of u-tilt, so it's even more terrifying.

And up-tilt back hit also true combos into u-air, which is powerful but usually difficult to land at the right percents. Well, not anymore. It's a kill confirm.

Down-b is now the good move that it always had the potential to be.

And the buff to jab is cool too. It does more damage, connects better, and does more knockback. It might even be a viable option now and before it was not.

Plus, d-tilt does more damage. Just because.

Last edited:
Top Bottom