• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
As I have mentioned before, when mewtwo comes out, I will give 2 weeks, then people can vote on where to put him.

Not other character will be affected by this, it will literally be one round of voting on where to put mewtwo.

I dont know, I could make it 3 or 4 weeks. We will see.
I know dude I was completely joking about redoing the tier list hence the Kappa.

As of testing out mewtwo.. I think 4 weeks would probably be enough to see what mewtwos capable of.

TrollheartBlue

Smash Rookie
+1 :4jigglypuff:
Rest is just soooo good in this game. Sure, she was nerfed in a lot of other aspects, but I don't think she should be this low. I think we just don't see enough Jiggly players.

- 1:4littlemac:
He's just so easy to gimp. Sure, a good LM player will do his best to play around this, but everything about LM is predictable.

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
+1:4marth: He may not be what he once was, but he's not that bad.
-1:4sonic: I don't believe he's on par with Diddy or Sheik.

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
+1 :4bowserjr:
After seeing what Tweek can do with him and my personal experience BJ should be C tier at least.
-1 :4shulk:
"This is not good" Shulk should be moved down imo. All of his aerials have a good amount of end lag except Nair. He is easily gimped and jump mode will not save you everytime. He just has too much lag for my taste and gets combined very easily.

If I missed anything important please respond, I open to discussion.

The Smashor

Smash Cadet
Guys, there won't be a teir list. The foucus of this game is balance. Every time nintendo sees a teir list it will nerf the ones on top and buff the ones on bottom. Teir lists are inpossible with constant updates that can alter charecters

MetaKnight956

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2981-7717-3785
Guys, there won't be a teir list. The foucus of this game is balance. Every time nintendo sees a teir list it will nerf the ones on top and buff the ones on bottom. Teir lists are inpossible with constant updates that can alter charecters
Nintendo: "No more balance updates"

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
+1 :4tlink: As an experienced Toon Link player, I'd say that where he's at now suits him best. Quick speed, decent combo potential, pretty good zoning capabilities, and with a couple favorable reads, facing a Toon Link player who knows what they're doing can be very difficult.

:4sonic: Sonic is very good, but maybe not S tier along with Diddy and Sheik. I think that he fits at the top of A tier quite well.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Are we factoring in customs with this tier list?

Sakurai doesn't give a crap about competitive smash. For him the game was meant to be a played casually and on a casual level these tier gaps aren't that big of a deal. Don't expect any more balance updates.

Last edited:

Liduri

Smash Cadet
+1 :4diddy: deserves S+
+1:4rob: Really solid, dont understand D tier. Deserves at least C tier.

Amazing tier list, in my opinion.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
The balance patches in the past were based on information gathered from For Glory. Nintendo doesn't care about tier lists. Also, it's almost certain that another balance patch won't come out (though there's a chance of one coming out when Mewtwo DLC is available).
Nope. This tier list is based on no customs.

BnW Lock

Smash Cadet
:4villager:+1 pretty much the only other character I might use besides Diddy.

:4fox: -1 lol past your prime buddy

Browny

Smash Hater

Sakurai doesn't give a crap about competitive smash. For him the game was meant to be a played casually and on a casual level these tier gaps aren't that big of a deal. Don't expect any more balance updates.
No customs

This started in November when no one used them, version 2 could use customs though.

The Petalburg

Smash Rookie
:4gaw:+1 Incredibly underrated. Pretty easy to learn as well IMO

:4villager:+1 Incredibly underrated as well, because anything under extremely overrated would be underrated for Villager. :p

BnW Lock

Smash Cadet
Are you sure you want to use Villager? Hes isnt even #1 in the game! (Take a look at this guy's mains)
hahahaha I know right man I usually only play the absolute best since i am the best but Villager is pretty good even i cant deny it man hahaha

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I don't get why people say he's trash. Could someone explain?
Really light, laggy aerials, not very good at combos, has two moves based on chance and another useless depending the situation.

I'm not saying he's bad (I think he's decent) but there are a ton of things holding him down.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Really light, laggy aerials, not very good at combos, has two moves based on chance and another useless depending the situation.

I'm not saying he's bad (I think he's decent) but there are a ton of things holding him down.
Idk, man. I guess he's one of those weaker characters, like charizard, whose fighting style I've for some reason developed a strong affinity towards and perform very well with.

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
+1 Palutena
-1 Ness

Are we ever going to re-vote on any of this, or will these results be final?

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Their will be a version 2.0 coming out soon. Before that though were going to be testing m2 when he releases for 2-4 weeks before hes added into the tier list.

Also welcome to smash boards
Thank you. One more question: Does this tier list include customs?

Top Bottom