• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm...

Original: :4falcon::4lucario::4fox::4luigi::4mario:
My opinion: :4luigi::4mario::4falcon::4fox: Down to C: :4lucario:

Mario and Luigi: +3. Reasoning: I'd argue that both have had great standings in tournaments so far and both are just all around solid characters in this game. Luigi still trumps out Mario due to better recovery and kill options though. Like Dedede, ROB, and Game and Watch in Brawl, the Mario Bros could have a fall from grace once more people become better at fighting high level ones though and the potential of characters becomes discovered (like the Ice Climbers and Olimar in Brawl).

Falcon: -2. Reasoning: Yet another character who has had a solid comeback from Brawl but I feel that Sonic and Sheik are simply much better rush down characters. I'd argue that he still has some of the same weaknesses from Brawl like a weak recovery and not too many answers to sturdy projectiles but they're no where as much of a handicap as they were back then. Great character that may get better in time but I currently don't see it just yet like I do Mario and Luigi.

Lucario: Down to C tier. Reasoning: The potential might be there but I don't think it's come to fruition yet. Like Brawl, I can understand why people rank him the way that they do but I don't think he's yet to produce the results to back this up. On paper, he's amazing but, like I said, people said this about him in Brawl too and it never really went anywhere.

Fox: -1. Reasoning: Simply put, Falcon has more "oomph", in my opinion. Fox has the better recovery options but is still lighter, has less reach, and packs less of a punch. I'd still say it's fairly close though and I imagine that these two will regularly dance around each other on the tier list far into the future.

Add in: Just to stir the pot, I'd argue that Wario is more worthy of B tier than Lucario but, like him, he hasn't pulled the results to really back it up yet. :4metaknight::4olimar::4wario: are characters that I think are going to start climbing when people put the fact that they've changed from Brawl behind them and start to take them seriously again.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Original :4falcon::4lucario::4fox::4luigi::4mario:

My vote :4falcon::4luigi::4mario::4lucario::4fox:

Captain up 1 tier
Captain Falcon is locked in B tier, he can't be moved up a tier.

Vote: :4luigi::4lucario::4fox::4mario:
The only time I can beat Falcon is if I'm using Sonic, so he moves up. Luigi +2.
Captain Falcon is locked in B tier, you can't vote him up to A.

Hmm...

My opinion: :4luigi::4mario::4falcon::4fox: Down to C: :4lucario:

Mario and Luigi: +3. Reasoning: I'd argue that both have had great standings in tournaments so far and both are just all around solid characters in this game. Luigi still trumps out Mario due to better recovery and kill options though. Like Dedede, ROB, and Game and Watch in Brawl, the Mario Bros could have a fall from grace once more people become better at fighting high level ones though and the potential of characters becomes discovered (like the Ice Climbers and Olimar in Brawl).

Falcon: -2. Reasoning: Yet another character who has had a solid comeback from Brawl but I feel that Sonic and Sheik are simply much better rush down characters. I'd argue that he still has some of the same weaknesses from Brawl like a weak recovery and not too many answers to sturdy projectiles but they're no where as much of a handicap as they were back then. Great character that may get better in time but I currently don't see it just yet like I do Mario and Luigi.

Lucario: Down to C tier. Reasoning: The potential might be there but I don't think it's come to fruition yet. Like Brawl, I can understand why people rank him the way that they do but I don't think he's yet to produce the results to back this up. On paper, he's amazing but, like I said, people said this about him in Brawl too and it never really went anywhere.

Fox: -1. Reasoning: Simply put, Falcon has more "oomph", in my opinion. Fox has the better recovery options but is still lighter, has less reach, and packs less of a punch. I'd still say it's fairly close though and I imagine that these two will regularly dance around each other on the tier list far into the future.

Add in: Just to stir the pot, I'd argue that Wario is more worthy of B tier than Lucario but, like him, he hasn't pulled the results to really back it up yet. :4metaknight::4olimar::4wario: are characters that I think are going to start climbing when people put the fact that they've changed from Brawl behind them and start to take them seriously again.
Some things to note, please keep Lucario in the list, even if you want him to move down. Second, you can only move people max of two times.

My vote: :4falcon::4luigi::4lucario::4mario::4fox:

Luigi up, Fox down. (Note that I don't think he should move down, but anyone had to it would be him).

Last edited:

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
I know people have different opinions and all but why do you think Lucario's crap?

Do you think he's crap for a B tier character or just crap in general?
Not trying to start an argument or debate. Just curious.
I'm not an expert here, but judging from the Lucarios I've faced, there doesnt seem to be anything uniquely strong about him except for the aura and recovery.

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
I'm not an expert here, but judging from the Lucarios I've faced, there doesnt seem to be anything uniquely strong about him except for the aura and recovery.
Fair point. I don't know much about Lucario myself but based on what I seen/heard he seems to be really gimmicky with the aura. Seeing that's his strongest selling point. I can understand why people think Lucario's not B tier but crap? That's definitely an overstatement. At least in my opinion

Pac-Man +1
Pacman's in D tier which is currently locked until further notice. Were voting on B tier which consist of Falcon, Fox, Lucario, Luigi, and Mario as of right now. Since Mario and Falcon just moved to B tier they can't move up or down a tier.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
:4luigi::4falcon::4mario::4lucario::4fox:
Lucario down 2 tiers
Luigi up 1 tier

Edit: Oh wait I can't move them more than two spots. Fixed.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I know people have different opinions and all but why do you think Lucario's crap?

Do you think he's crap for a B tier character or just crap in general?
Not trying to start an argument or debate. Just curious.
awful frame data, bad neutral game, doesn't have the stupid brawl disjoints on aerials

he literally relies on his gimmick to be good

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
awful frame data, bad neutral game, doesn't have the stupid brawl disjoints on aerials

Fair enough. I'm not sure about the frame data since I'm not a lucario main myself. But the bad neutral and the removal of his brawl disjointed aerials seemed to lessen his offensive game from brawl and made him more on the defensive.

If not for the aura then yeah I'd agree that he's crap

PKMudkip

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0087-2827-5098
Switch FC
SW-5862-2113-3817

I don't! He has a good nair that sets up into combos that could ,if you know what you're doing, a 0 to death. I also see that nobody spams aura blast on FG.

fez4321

Smash Rookie
:4falcon::4luigi::4fox::4lucario::4mario:

Lucario down a tier. I would also ideally like the order to be luigi, falcon, fox, mario, but then I would be moving luigi more than two spaces.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012

Revised: :4falcon: :4mario::4luigi::4lucario:

Down a Tier: :4fox:
Up a Tier: None

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
There are so many people not getting the rules here. Let me clarify.

If I am correct, even if you are voting characters out of a tier, they MUST be moved only 2 places in a direction maximum, and no one else can move past 2 places regardless of this extra tier movement vote, as it creates a lot of confusion. When you vote to move characters, do so with the intent of not voting anyone out of the tier, even if you are actually doing so.

Poor OP has to deal with so many invalid votes I'm sure. :/

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
:4luigi::4falcon::4lucario::4mario::4fox:
Luigi up a tier, nobody down
Call me biased, but I feel Lucario is right where he should be.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
+1 Luigi
+1 Mario
-1 Lucario
Sorry mate, but we don't vote like that anymore. This is how we do it

"The rules are, we vote for the characters in this tier

:4falcon::4lucario::4fox::4luigi::4mario:

You vote by simply arranging these characters in the order that you like. There are 2 rules

1) No character can move more than 2 spots left or right
2) You can vote for one character in the tier to either be promoted up to the next tier, AND another vote to send a different character down to the below tier.

Rule 2 purely exists to deal with outliers. Say for example you really think that Luigi should be up a tier, but he cant move 5 to the left, chuck in a vote for him to move up. if he gets the most amount of votes, he will go up to the next tier. The opposite applies to send a character downwards.

An example vote looks like this (this is my personal one)

:4falcon::4luigi::4lucario::4mario::4fox:

No one up a tier
Fox to C tier

Where you can move any character 2 spaces left or right, you can also vote for ONE character in this tier to be promoted into A tier, and another to demote a character into B tier.

So you would also vote [character] up a tier, [character] down a tier.

Since Falcon moved down, and mario moved up. these characters can not be bumped into another tier. It is going to take a very unanimous vote to get anyone out of this tier."- OP

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
+1 olimar
+1 ganondorf
We are currently voting on B tier. All the information you need to know is here in this lovely spoiler that @ Zerp Zerp made.
"The rules are, we vote for the characters in this tier

:4falcon::4lucario::4fox::4luigi::4mario:

You vote by simply arranging these characters in the order that you like. There are 2 rules

1) No character can move more than 2 spots left or right
2) You can vote for one character in the tier to either be promoted up to the next tier, AND another vote to send a different character down to the below tier.

Rule 2 purely exists to deal with outliers. Say for example you really think that Luigi should be up a tier, but he cant move 5 to the left, chuck in a vote for him to move up. if he gets the most amount of votes, he will go up to the next tier. The opposite applies to send a character downwards.

An example vote looks like this (this is my personal one)

:4falcon::4luigi::4lucario::4mario::4fox:

No one up a tier
Fox to C tier

Where you can move any character 2 spaces left or right, you can also vote for ONE character in this tier to be promoted into A tier, and another to demote a character into B tier.

So you would also vote [character] up a tier, [character] down a tier.

Since Falcon moved down, and mario moved up. these characters can not be bumped into another tier. It is going to take a very unanimous vote to get anyone out of this tier."- OP

As stated in the spoiler above, characters cannot move more than two spaces up or down. So Falcon cannot be at the bottom and Luigi cannot be #1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom