• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf and Kirby are in two places...

+ Duck Hunt
+ Pac-Man
+ Lucina
+ Marth
+ Meta Knight

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Ugh... thanks, I really need to pay more attention.

Anyway, updated. 4th vote time.

Look what happened to diddy lol. All it takes is 1 vote with no one sending him upwards to send him down 2 whole ranks! Remember the goal is to spread the characters out as much as possible, if diddy is as broken as people say he is, put him at least 2 spots above everyone else so even if he takes a hit in a round, he still stays top tier.

LF {Ess}

Smash Rookie
Browny... there seems to be duplicate Greninjas, Duck Hunts, and Falcos and no Ganondorf.

My choices...

Bowser +1
Samus -1
Dr. Mario -1
Luigi -1
Donkey Kong -1

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Ugh... thanks, I really need to pay more attention.

Anyway, updated. 4th vote time.

Look what happened to diddy lol. All it takes is 1 vote with no one sending him upwards to send him down 2 whole ranks! Remember the goal is to spread the characters out as much as possible, if diddy is as broken as people say he is, put him at least 2 spots above everyone else so even if he takes a hit in a round, he still stays top tier.
Now you have two Duck Hunt dogs and no Ganon at all, hahaha.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
+1 Zero Suit Samus
+1 Lucina
+1 Marth
-1 Captain Falcon
-1 Ike

Ganon? :s

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm capable of voting again since it's a different day, right? If not, I'll wait til when I can once again.

Browny

Smash Hater
Browny... there seems to be duplicate Greninjas, Duck Hunts, and Falcos and no Ganondorf.

My choices...

Bowser +1
Samus -1
Dr. Mario -1
Luigi -1
Donkey Kong -1
I am so mad right now

I guess Im going to have to re-write the entire list every update instead of moving characters around. Its because I am ctrl+x'ing them but sometimes i ctrl+v

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
+1 WFT
-1 Yoshi
-1 Dr Mario
-1 Diddy Kong
-1 Greninja

Edit- fixed removed villager

Last edited:

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
+ Diddy Kong
+ Wii Fit Trainer
- Mii Swordsman
- Captain Falcon
- Dark Pit

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
+1 Ganondorf
+1 Link
-1Rosalina
+1 Fighter
+1 luigi
I am genuinely curious, why are you against Rosalina rising on the tier list? I'm not trying to offend you over your choice or anything or against the opinion of other people, I'm just wondering your reasoning.

BSP

Smash Legend
This will have its flaws, but hopefully people can learn something. Obviously, we may all look stupid come a year or two from now.

:4pacman: + = The U.S. is sleeping on this guy, bigtime. Abadango in Japan is the only top player I know of that uses him, and he places high consistently with him (except with Umebara 10 :( ). He's not an easy mode character, so it's going to take some time for his potential to come out.

:4mario:- = Mario's got his combos...but that's about it. W/o customs, he struggles in the neutral game hard; he's still one of the few characters that can be gimped by simply hitting him out of his double jump; his damage per hit is quite low, and unlike Sheik, he doesn't have the speed and/or safety to back it up; still can't really KO well outside of a setup. All of that being said, he can still win in every MU, but it will be difficult and he's certainly one of the lacking characters in this game.

:4sonic:+ = Obvious. Giving him throws with KO potential solved nearly all of his problems. He's got some of the easiest 25% confirms, and he's got the speed and mixups to force you to play on his terms. Top 10 character at worst ATM.

:4diddy:+ = shouldn't even need explanation

:4miibrawl:+ = solid character, and until One Inch Punch is removed, he's someone you need to worry about. If you don't know what one inch punch is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoDlLOVvdT4

So with the Wii U version hitting the streets and 3 major tournaments having happened this weekend I think it'd be interesting to summarize character performance since the release of the 3DS version:

Won more than 1 major / super-stacked tournament: :4zss: :4diddy:
Won 1 major / super-stacked tourney + various top placings: :rosalina: :4sheik: :4greninja:
Place very high consistently with multiple players: :4fox: :4ness:
Place very high consistently with one or two players: :4lucario: :4yoshi: :4sonic: :4pacman: :4pikachu:
Place moderately well with a few players consistently: :4megaman: :4littlemac: :4robinf: (:4darkpit:/:4pit:)

-> all based on offline tournaments

:059:
No character mentioned in this post should be getting any "-" votes for a good bit.

Edit 2: This would become more accurate very quickly if it were in the competitive section.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I am genuinely curious, why are you against Rosalina rising on the tier list? I'm not trying to offend you over your choice or anything or against the opinion of other people, I'm just wondering your reasoning.
To me his list looks to be based on personal preference rather than what he thinks it should really be. I mean up up-voted Ganondorf. I have nothing against Ganondorf, but competitively speaking, he has much less potential than a lot of the other characters.

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
+1 Diddy Kong
+1 Pikachu
+1 Sonic
+1 King Dedede
-1 Captain Falcon

:4diddy:the best in the game, should be at the top of this tier list
:4pikachu:extremely good in the hands of good players, should be top tier
:4sonic:annoying but is at least high tier, he's ranked below where he should be
:4dedede:is not bottom tier, which is where the community is putting him right now
:4falcon:he's alright but his popularity is causing him to be severely overrated IMO

D

Deleted member

+1 Diddy

+1 G&W

+1 Dr. Mario

+1 Pac-Man

-1 Captain Falcon

Nothing against Falcon, he's just a bit too high IMO.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Don't get me wrong, I think she's good. I just feel like she isn't as spectacular as people make her out to be.
To me, she's just another puppeteer. A cool one, but still.
People'll wise up on how to play the matchup soon enough.

Browny

Smash Hater
Edit 2: This would become more accurate very quickly if it were in the competitive section.
I know, but they wont let me post it there because they dont think this is legit. so im waiting till I can prove this is a popular thread that has its place.

Updating now...

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:4robinf: +1 : Despite having a rather abysmal ground speed, Robin's Levin Sword and Tomes more than make up for it. There's also very good Robin players like Trela and Nairo who've been either winning tournaments or placed very high in them.

:4diddy: +1 : Great aerials, has a banana for spacing/setting up combos, and a Down Throw that can combo into pretty much any aerial that suits you. JTails comes to mind as a very good Diddy player in tournament play.

(Can't think of anyone else so I'll just have these two as votes for now)

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
:4diddy:+1 - He's still excellent, and although his recovery takes getting used to from Brawl, it's manageable. His Lanky Kong-like arms whilst attacking are just icing on the cake that nullifies his range issue he had in Brawl. Great D-Throw that combos into a number of things, the banana (only one, but it gets the job done) is still superb and leads to even more combos, and he's fast.
:4luigi:+1 - Not sure what everyone has against him, but he's definitely not "trash tier". Although he lost some of his recovery (a bit screwed if he's hit out of his 2nd jump), and Cyclone requires precise timing after a jump to get height, he has some pretty mean combos and possibly one of the better D-Throws in the game.
:4palutena:+1 - A technical character that will be bashed until more people get used to her I think. I don't believe she'll be goddess (lol, had to) tier, but she could potentially be at least upper-mid after a while once people learn where exactly they need to be to space appropriately instead of just panic into roll-spam-mode when someone gets in their face.
:4pacman:+1 - Sleeping ****storm that's going to come out of nowhere and troll everyone 6 months or so down the road. Too much utility and mix-up options, he can't possibly be bad.
:4sonic:+1 - Can't stand him, but I have to hand it to him, he's drastically buffed from Brawl, he belongs up there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom