• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
Bumping to get a few more votes in for this period. Its best to get more votes in, then to rush the list creation. I will update it tomorrow.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ness and Pikachu this high ? Diddy not god tiers ? Guy's seriously It's popularity vote or we try a réal tiers list ?

-1 Ness
-1 Pikachu
+1 Lucina

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
+1 Mr. Game & Watch :4gaw:
+1 Kirby :4kirby:
-1 Palutena :4palutena:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And suddenly I think this world has some sort of anger towards G&W
he ain't low tier at all, why is he being forced to stay in Second-To-Last?
He's Mid-Tier at the least. =_=

Raijinken

Smash Master
This is where everyone gets to throw in their two cents. I can see him being fine in teams or with customs, but maybe I'm just spoiled by his Project M tricks, he just doesn't feel like he has near the lingering hitboxes that I still think he needs given how some of his moves scale. Plus the ability to double-roll numbers just feels... off. I love the character, but I currently can't see him being that good.

I do still give him practice runs from time to time, though. Then again, I think Ganondorf is higher than this and he'll never break out of low.

But you have convinced me to spend my point elsewhere. I, too, would like to see him rise a bit.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This is where everyone gets to throw in their two cents. I can see him being fine in teams or with customs, but maybe I'm just spoiled by his Project M tricks, he just doesn't feel like he has near the lingering hitboxes that I still think he needs given how some of his moves scale. Plus the ability to double-roll numbers just feels... off. I love the character, but I currently can't see him being that good.

I do still give him practice runs from time to time, though. Then again, I think Ganondorf is higher than this and he'll never break out of low.

But you have convinced me to spend my point elsewhere. I, too, would like to see him rise a bit.
The reason I said what I said is because (after skimming through the thread) as soon as one person votes G&W up, someone almost immediately votes him down, back into 2nd-to-last.
It just confuses me.
And speaking of Customs, I LOVE the Multi-Hit Judge.
Why?
Because if you hit a 9 but you whiff, they could run into the Multi-Hit on accident and still get sent flying!
Satisfying, y'know?

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
Game and Watch isn't bad and isn't going to be bottom tier, the problem is barely anyone uses him, or goes against him, and I've never seen him in a tournament for smash 4, that's why no one is voting him.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
:4charizard:+1
:4zelda:+1
:4diddy:+1
Seriously, why do I have the feeling those drop lower and lower? Diddy is ridiculously broken, and Charizard and Zelda are easily not that bad. They have potential to be low-mid to mid IMO.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
:4ness: -1
:4miisword: +1
:4dk: +1

I really like Ness, as it might be obvious, but I don't feel he's that good so as to be in the top 5. I'd like to be proved wrong, but otherwise, I personally think that Ness is probably more realistically 2-4 places lower at best.

I'm voting Mii Swordfighter up just because I feel bad for them. (I'm also trying to main him, so I'm pretty likely biased here.)

I'm no expert on Donkey Kong, but he seemed to do pretty alright in a recent APEX qualifier, so I'm giving him an upvote just based on what I saw of him there.

There seems to be a big gap between Fox and Falco, which makes me curious. I imagine most people know a lot of the characters much better than I do, but I'm just wondering, is that gap really warranted?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:4dedede:+1
:4fox:+1
:rosalina:-1

If there's one thing I agree with the Japanese tier list on it's that Rosalina is very overrated in the west. Top 10? Absolutely. Top 3? No way. At best she's top 5.

There seems to be a big gap between Fox and Falco, which makes me curious. I imagine most people know a lot of the characters much better than I do, but I'm just wondering, is that gap really warranted?
You can't really compare Fox or Falco, their recoveries are similar but aside from that their playstyles are completely different, they have very few if any similar combos or setups. Fox is faster and has more combo possibilties than Falco though, which easily puts him on top. I'd personally put Falco up in what's currently the Lucina/Ike/Mega Man/MK tier though, he's not really as bad as the list indicates, he's a ton better with a proper controller.

Last edited:
Top Bottom