• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
Mewywo Yoshi +1
Roy -1

UPDATED :)

A gap has been added to deal with the oversized third tier. This round will help split the tiers more evenly.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik::4luigi:

2: :rosalina::4pikachu::4sonic::4fox::4yoshi:

3: :4zss::4diddy::4ness::4falcon::4mario::4villager::4lucas::4lucario::4metaknight::4peach::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4megaman::4olimar::4rob::4ryu::4shulk::4darkpit:

4::4pit::4feroy::4pacman::4greninja::4miibrawl::4bowserjr::4drmario::4falco::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4link::4marth::4tlink:

5: :4robinf::4duckhunt::4gaw::4charizard::4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4marth::4dedede::4bowser::4palutena:

6: :4wiifit::4zelda::4dk::4miigun::4samus:

7: :4miisword:

The first three shown characters (Kirby, Pac-Man, Marth) are my votes. The characters other than that are characters that I think deserve to move more, but can't vote due to a limited amount of votes

+1:4kirby: Think he could go a little higher, and just in case he gets downvoted

+1:4pacman: Why is he that low? great projectiles, great range amazing recovery, and great KO power.

-1:4marth: WAY too high! Has good range, and that's it. okay..................

-1:4miigun: Should probably be in the same tier as Mii Swordfighter

+1:4dedede: Not THAT bad. great ko power, great damage-racking, great projectile with Gordos, and Muititple jumps combined with a up special that goes really high (Horizontal or vertictial?)

+1:4dk: Not THAT bad

+1:4duckhunt: A little bit too low Can and Frisbee too efeective

+1:4wiifit: Some other characters are worse.

+1:4zss:Should be behind Pikachu right now.

-1:4gaw: Comboing is the only tier 5 deserving thing about him.

-1:4drmario: Just a little too high

-1:4falco: Same as Dr. Mario

+1:4mario:Should be at the same tier as Fox, Sonic, and Yoshi. Good recovery, can reflect projectiles, good damage, and can combo pretty good.

+1:4darkpit: Think he should go down, but to counter his down votes so he doesn't go too far down (Counter doesn't work here of course)

+1:4luigi: Same as Dark Pit

-1:4greninja: VERY few attacks that are useful

Last edited:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
Since the third tier is huge, I will devote all of my votes to moving characters out of the tier, up or down. I urge some others to do the same, but not everyone. That would be a disaster.

-:4myfriends:Yay! He got buffed! Just not that much...
+:4zss:Not so much that I think she's super amazing, but more that the characters that have a distinct advantage in the current meta game (our current high tiers) should be grouped together for now, to be split up later as the community sees fit.
+:4ness:See Zero Suit Samus

Honorable mention... (Without icons for confusion purposes)
Diddy Kong- I'd still say he's viable
Pit- I just don't want to add anyone to the tier above right now...
Roy- See Pit

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
+1 :4zss::- I feel she's on par with Pikachu, Yoshi, Rosalina, Sonic, etc.
-1 :4gaw:- see my old post.
-1 :4lucas:- I'm not sure he's that good yet... we'll see.

Last edited:

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
+1 :4duckhunt: - I feel that, especially with the gap added, that he deserves to go up at least one tier.
+1 :4marth: - Similar situation to duckhunt, assuming the marth in tier 4 is the correct one (there are 2 marths atm). The gap between 3 + 4 sounds like a good place for him atm, at least until a little more results of his buff come into the public eye.
-1 :4myfriends: - I know his buffs were somewhat substantial, but I don't know if I currently see him on par with ZSS, Diddy, Ness, etc.

Last edited:

Hardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
canachick
Is Lucina out of the list or am I missing something?

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
+1 :4zerosuitsamus:- I feel she's on par with Pikachu, Yoshi, Rosalina, Sonic, etc.
-1 :4gaw:- see my old post.
-1 :4lucas:- I'm not sure he's that good yet... we'll see.

verbatim

Smash Ace
Ganon +
DK +
Ryu-

Ganon and DK should find their way to the bottom half of the tierlist do to their ridiculously horrible Sheik matchups, but there respectively amazing combo game and air prowess for their weight class gives them an incredible advantage over those that they share the bottom half with.

Ryu's got some cool combo's, but they're almost entirely ground based. He plays a lot like his Street Fighter incarnate, in that he hyper commits to his jumps, which is imo a severe disadvantage in a metagame where a significant number of characters' neutral game is mainly spent off the ground (if you jump, you'd better hit them).

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

3: :4zss::4diddy::4ness::4falcon::4mario::4villager::4lucas::4lucario::4metaknight::4peach::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4megaman::4olimar::4rob::4ryu::4shulk::4darkpit:

GAP HERE TO HELP SPLIT THE TIER LIST A LITTLE BIT

4::4pit::4feroy::4pacman::4greninja::4miibrawl::4bowserjr::4drmario::4falco::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4link::4marth::4tlink:

5: :4robinf::4duckhunt::4gaw::4charizard::4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4lucina: Lucina wasn't here but a Marth was, so I'm just gonna assume it was mean't to be her.:4dedede::4bowser::4palutena:

Not sure if I got Lucina's placement right in that list, please inform me if I'm wrong.
+1 :rosalina: Belongs in the absolute top tier.
-1 :4zelda: I honestly think she's the absolute worst in game without customs, sure you can argue that she isn't impossible to win a tourney as, but can you honestly say she's actually better than anyone else?
-1 :4myfriends: You'll get no sympathy from me.
Edit: Basic Grammar.

Last edited:

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
+:4gaw:
+:4dk:
+:4greninja:

Also, Lucina is nowhere to be found.
I think @ Browny Browny made a mistake when he fixed the double marth issue, removing the extra marth instead of replacing with lucina.

@ Zerp Zerp posted this quote, we can use as reference for where Lucina was so the voting can continue while we wait for Lucina to be added back.

5: :4robinf::4duckhunt::4gaw::4charizard::4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4lucina: Lucina wasn't here but a Marth was, so I'm just gonna assume it was mean't to be her.:4dedede::4bowser::4palutena:

Not sure if I got Lucina's placement right in that list, please inform me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Edit: And I was late, again :laugh:, sorry for the unneccesary post. Please ignore this.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
-1 :4zelda: I honestly think she's the absolute worst in game without customs, sure you can argue that she that it isn't impossible to win a tourney as her, but can you honestly say she's actually better than anyone else?
Actually yes, she probably better than :4samus::4robinm::4palutena::4miisword::4miigun::4lucina::4marth::4littlemac::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4drmario::4dedede::4bowserjr:

She has great range and decent frame data. She can get out of many situations with Nayru's love and she has a great combo game. She has many guaranteed kill set-ups too like falling nair to Elevator/Usmash, dtilt to uair, and dthrow to uair. Her edgeguarding game is also one of the best in the game because of dtilt hitting under ledges, Dair being a strong and longlasting spike, Phantom for horizontal recoveries. She can teleport cancel to the ledge for a surprising edgeguard. She also kills as early as bowser with the elevator. Her only major problems are mobility (which can be solved with teleport canceling) and approach.

kylexv

Smash Master
REFERENCE:

5: :4robinf::4duckhunt::4gaw::4charizard::4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4dedede::4bowser::4palutena:

:4pacman: +1: The Pacster has potential. I know it.
:rosalina: +1: Should be with Sheik
:4luigi: -1: Shouldn't be with Sheik

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:4myfriends:+1 to undo a negative vote.
:4jigglypuff:+1
:4feroy:+1
And why in the unholy name of **** is Luigi that high?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Actually yes, she probably better than :4samus::4robinm::4palutena::4miisword::4miigun::4lucina::4marth::4littlemac::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4drmario::4dedede::4bowserjr:

She has great range and decent frame data. She can get out of many situations with Nayru's love and she has a great combo game. She has many guaranteed kill set-ups too like falling nair to Elevator/Usmash, dtilt to uair, and dthrow to uair. Her edgeguarding game is also one of the best in the game because of dtilt hitting under ledges, Dair being a strong and longlasting spike, Phantom for horizontal recoveries. She can teleport cancel to the ledge for a surprising edgeguard. She also kills as early as bowser with the elevator. Her only major problems are mobility (which can be solved with teleport canceling) and approach.
So it isn't just me? Good. Okay, she isn't better than :4jigglypuff::4robinm::4ganondorf::4dk::4bowserjr::4dedede::4littlemac::4drmario:, but she's still better than :4miisword::4miigun::4lucina::4marth::4samus: and also better than :4greninja::4gaw::4wiifit:

Also @ Zerp Zerp welcome to the "Yelled at by Macchiato" club

Last edited:

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Firstly, I think that the 3rd tier should be split in 2 as it's too big right now. Remember, there are 55 characters in this game...so we'll likely need more tiers to make it look easy to read, even if there isn't really a large gap between the tiers.
:4myfriends:+1. I know he'll get a lot of negative votes, but I think he's fine right where he is.
:4zss:+1. She is undoubtedly a top tier belonging certainly above :4yoshi:. Do I have to remind people that the big dino doesn't have practically any results to continue being put up so high? Speaking of which...
:4yoshi:-1. Few results means you're not top tier. Certainly not above :4zss:or even :4diddy::4falcon::4mario::4ness:. Theorycrafting is important, hence why :4pikachu:is so high, but :4yoshi:does not have :4pikachu:'s MUs. Plus ESAM at least consistently puts :4pikachu:up high.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4feroy:+1 Incredibly fast, with insane power? That's a recipe for toptier.
:4greninja:+1Very good combos, with arguably one of the best projectiles in the game.
:4ganondorf:-1He's very strong... And, um... That's about it.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord

5: :4robinf::4duckhunt::4gaw::4charizard::4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4marth::4dedede::4bowser::4palutena:

The first three shown characters (Kirby, Pac-Man, Marth) are my votes. The characters other than that are characters that I think deserve to move more, but can't vote due to a limited amount of votes

+1:4kirby: Think he could go a little higher, and just in case he gets downvoted

+1:4pacman: Why is he that low? great projectiles, great range amazing recovery, and great KO power.

-1:4marth: WAY too high! Has good range, and that's it. okay..................

-1:4miigun: Should probably be in the same tier as Mii Swordfighter

+1:4dedede: Not THAT bad. great ko power, great damage-racking, great projectile with Gordos, and Muititple jumps combined with a up special that goes really high (Horizontal or vertictial?)

+1:4dk: Not THAT bad

+1:4duckhunt: A little bit too low Can and Frisbee too efeective

+1:4wiifit: Some other characters are worse.

+1:4zss:Should be behind Pikachu right now.

-1:4gaw: Comboing is the only tier 5 deserving thing about him.

-1:4drmario: Just a little too high

-1:4falco: Same as Dr. Mario

+1:4mario:Should be at the same tier as Fox, Sonic, and Yoshi. Good recovery, can reflect projectiles, good damage, and can combo pretty good.

+1:4darkpit: Think he should go down, but to counter his down votes so he doesn't go too far down (Counter doesn't work here of course)

+1:4luigi: Same as Dark Pit

-1:4greninja: VERY few attacks that are useful
DANG IT I CANT BE THAT GUY :(

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
-1 :4luigi: No, seriously. He's not even that good. Just look at the results for CEO 2015. Larry Lurr is the only one who used Luigi and did well, and not only did he just use Luigi as a secondary, he beat ESAM with the threat of a counterpick. ESAM had to switch from Samus to Pikachu (arguably Luigi's best top-tier match-up) not because his Samus couldn't handle Luigi, but because Larry would have counter-picked Fox, who wrecks Samus. (And is also a generally more viable character than Luigi.) The highest placing solo-Luigi main was........I don't even know. I think a lot of people are just watching Boss play and chalking his incredible skill up to Luigi being OP. Or they're horribly misplaying the match-up. Luigi has a terrible MU spread compared to Sheik. Sheik doesn't have a single negative match-up, and maybe a couple even ones. Luigi is hard countered by more than one character.

-1 :4yoshi: There is no reason for Yoshi to be this high. That is all.

-:4dedede: What are you doing up there, Mr. Dedede? Who told you that you could be up there? This isn't Brawl. You don't hard counter the entire bottom tier anymore, and you get hard countered by like three or four different characters. Now go back to your corner before I call Mario or Mega Man or Villager or Zero Suit Samus over here to put you back in your place. What are you gonna do? Chain-grab them? Oh, wait. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452

I don't think she's better than :4littlemac::4miisword::4bowserjr::4marth::4lucina::4jigglypuff: IMO, but the rest I agree with. She's pretty much equal to :4drmario:, :4ganondorf:, and :4dedede: I feel. The rest I think she's better than, and :4palutena: is better than her with customs on.

Now for something unrelated... Am I the only person that is wondering why the hell Bowser is so low here? Can someone explain this? I thought he was solidly middle tier from the moment this game came out.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
-1 :4luigi: No, seriously. He's not even that good. Just look at the results for CEO 2015. Larry Lurr is the only one who used Luigi and did well, and not only did he just use Luigi as a secondary, he beat ESAM with the threat of a counterpick. ESAM had to switch from Samus to Pikachu (arguably Luigi's best top-tier match-up) not because his Samus couldn't handle Luigi, but because Larry would have counter-picked Fox, who wrecks Samus. (And is also a generally more viable character than Luigi.) The highest placing solo-Luigi main was........I don't even know. I think a lot of people are just watching Boss play and chalking his incredible skill up to Luigi being OP. Or they're horribly misplaying the match-up. Luigi has a terrible MU spread compared to Sheik. Sheik doesn't have a single negative match-up, and maybe a couple even ones. Luigi is hard countered by more
-1 :4yoshi: There is no reason for Yoshi to be this high. That is all.

-:4dedede: What are you doing up there, Mr. Dedede? Who told you that you could be up there? This isn't Brawl. You don't hard counter the entire bottom tier anymore, and you get hard countered by like three or four different characters. Now go back to your corner before I call Mario or Mega Man or Villager or Zero Suit Samus over here to put you back in your place. What are you gonna do? Chain-grab them? Oh, wait. Yeah, that's what I thought.
And you aren't gonna tell us WHY Yoshi and King Dedede deserve to be farther down?

Last edited:
Top Bottom