• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
When I started this tier list project, most people voted for all custom miis including size. There was never really any standard, but thats what people wanted. Over time it would seem that Guest XXXX is emerging as a standard. I don't think it matters at this point, since it probably wont affect this list but OK I'll change it. Future versions of this list would be more effected by it..

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
To be honest, I think we should not have Miis on the list at all until Guest XXXX becomes widely legalized. Their inclusion currently confuses so many people and placing them on the tier list is pure speculation. To me, it would be better for everyone if we just left them out for now.

Hopefully someday, though, Guest XXXX will be legalized and then we can rate them properly.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
To be honest, I think we should not have Miis on the list at all until Guest XXXX becomes widely legalized. Their inclusion currently confuses so many people and placing them on the tier list is pure speculation. To me, it would be better for everyone if we just left them out for now.

Hopefully someday, though, Guest XXXX will be legalized and then we can rate them properly.
Still, there ARE people who play the Mii's, so not including them would be unfair to those people.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Not including them would just send more of the "Miis dont matter" message, which is not what we want. And guest XXXX is legal a lot of places, just not the most important ones (and the ones that copy paste their rulesets)

SpaceCanary

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceCanary
+1:4link:: Link gets lots of results in Europe, and I feel is more viable than the characters below him, with some very safe moves that people refuse to look at and just assume he has "bad frame data" (which, while he does, his moves aren't bad when played correctly. Mindless moves get him punished hard). Ftilt is rather safe on shield, and fast fall Fair 1 is very safe on shield. He has overall less landing lag than a lot of characters too (sporting 3 moves ranging from 8 to 12 frames). Link also has FAR more overall results than the characters below him. Results don't mean everything however, which is why I feel he is fine in this tier, as his sub par frame data does hold him back from being any higher. However, it does not keep him in the lower tiers.
Finally! Someone gets what I've been trying to say! Results, smart play, and landing lag that is better than other lower characters (especially on Zair) are what earn him his spot in Tier 4. I mean, he shouldn't exactly be higher than he is now, but the point remains:

Link is not Roy. Don't treat him like he is.

Last edited:

Ultrawing

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-4047-4263
Switch FC
SW-0401-8508-2036
ok Lets post this on the right thread this time

I will be biased and go for
+1 Bowser

Routa

Smash Lord
It saddens mii to see a character like Swordfigther going down due to people's lack of knowledge about this fighter. Oh well...

:4miigun::4miisword::4lucina::4alph::4wario2::4pacman::4robinm:
:4samus::4wiifitm::4link::4bowser::4drmario::4gaw::4kirby:

+:4miigun:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I actually do know a bit about Swordfighter: San has tinkered with Gunner more, but has tinkered with Swordfighter as well.

He's just the least impressive Mii Fighter to me, with or without customs.

Rhinomaster22

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rhinomaster22
:4wario2::4pacman::4robinm::4bowser::4olimar::4kirby::4lucina::4wiifit::4gaw::4drmario::4samus::4miigun::4miisword:
+1 :4wario2: Yellow fatter Mario
- 1 :4samus: > Suit is meant to make you better, stronger, and faster.
> In smash: Suit makes you slower, weaker, and worse than yourself in a skin tight suit :4zss:
Lmao :happysheep:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
+1 :4wario2: Yellow fatter Mario
- 1 :4samus: > Suit is meant to make you better, stronger, and faster.
> In smash: Suit makes you slower, weaker, and worse than yourself in a skin tight suit :4zss:
Lmao
Can I ask for your reasoning behind that vote? Samus has been getting fine results from players like Johnny Westside recently AND has been greatly buffed in the latest patch. At this point, it's just blatantly ignoring facts to say she should move down to the tier below. I'm not saying your vote is invalid, just that I'm interested to know why you think that.

Also, Wario is not just a "Yellow fatter Mario", he's a slower, laggier character (he's not like Mario at all) with terrible range and weak results.

Rhinomaster22

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rhinomaster22
Can I ask for your reasoning behind that vote? Samus has been getting fine results from players like Johnny Westside recently AND has been greatly buffed in the latest patch. At this point, it's just blatantly ignoring facts to say she should move down to the tier below. I'm not saying your vote is invalid, just that I'm interested to know why you think that.

Also, Wario is not just a "Yellow fatter Mario", he's a slower, laggier character (he's not like Mario at all) with terrible range and weak results.
He's fat, Italian, and has a mustache. Must be a brother of Mario. Mario Mario, Green Mario, PHD 8 years of medical school Mario, and Donald Trump Mario. lmao :happysheep:
As for Samus, I really don't know where to placed her result, potential, and representation wise . Maybe I placed her too low so I might reconsider placing her higher than Game and Watch. :denzel:

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
:4olimar::4robinf::4wiifit::4wario2::4lucina:
:4bowser::4kirby::4samus::4link::4miigun::4pacman::4drmario::4gaw::4miisword:

-:4miisword:

Lucina is speculation based on Marth, since I think Marth is pretty good. And nobody plays Lucina, so I have to base it off of Marth.

I'm not really a Pacman fan at all. Pacman especially seems like he gets perpetually overrated. He's been really inconsistent/gotten poor results for a long time now, and even if you look at him independent of his results, he's unimpressive imo.

As for Olimar, everyone two weeks ago was all excited that Olimar was finally getting results, when he's been getting solid results for ~15 months now in Florida, Japan, and Socal, and it's just because people post the results of every tournament in Competitive Impressions now that people noticed. He's just a fundamentally good character in so many different ways. His combo/damage racking game is one of the best, his kill power gets pretty crazy at times (Myran talks about this a lot), and his neutral with his disjoints/pivot grab/side b is good.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
EDIT: Changed my vote to move :4link: way up. Lots of you clearly haven't seen good Links, because he can do a lot more stuff than you guys may think. He's got plenty of moves with good frame data, lots of projectile setups, good range and great power. Just because he's worse than his Toon counterpart doesn't make him bad at all. Want to see results? Watch literally any European tournament.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
lol guys you're not sopposed to countervote in the character order list. It says this in the OP (Or at least it did last time)

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
lol guys you're not supposed to countervote in the character order list. It says this in the OP (Or at least it did last time)
Not now I'm afraid.
So go ahead and vote on whatever you feel like, even if that means counter votes.

To be fair, if somebody doesn't want a character to move up or down, they should be entitled to say so. As such, if they see such a character with lots of up votes, they should be entitled to vote them down to counter it. It's a list based upon opinions after all. Stopping people voting on such opinions isn't very fair at all. While I can see there might be problems if we all voted in this manner, the fact is we aren't all voting in this manner. For example, my votes were both counter votes, but this is because I honestly feel no need to move any of the characters in this tier; I am happy for them all to stay in this tier. I voted on counter votes just to not waste my votes.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Not now I'm afraid.

To be fair, if somebody doesn't want a character to move up or down, they should be entitled to say so. As such, if they see such a character with lots of up votes, they should be entitled to vote them down to counter it. It's a list based upon opinions after all. Stopping people voting on such opinions isn't very fair at all. While I can see there might be problems if we all voted in this manner, the fact is we aren't all voting in this manner. For example, my votes were both counter votes, but this is because I honestly feel no need to move any of the characters in this tier; I am happy for them all to stay in this tier. I voted on counter votes just to not waste my votes.
No you're allowed to counter vote, just not counter in the ordering vote (You know, where you order the characters). Unless, as I said, Browny changed it

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
For example, my votes were both counter votes, but this is because I honestly feel no need to move any of the characters in this tier; I am happy for them all to stay in this tier. I voted on counter votes just to not waste my votes.
If you don't think any character should be moved, then I suggest you change your upvote for Link (who is at -3 at the moment) to an upvote for Mii Swordfighter (who is at -7).

I do wonder if people consider that it is Mii Swordfighter XXXX and still vote them down, or if they think they're 1111?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
If you don't think any character should be moved, then I suggest you change your upvote for Link (who is at -3 at the moment) to an upvote for Mii Swordfighter (who is at -7).

I do wonder if people consider that it is Mii Swordfighter XXXX and still vote them down, or if they think they're 1111?
I think most of them have no idea what all moveset swordfighters can do.

I guess we'll get our answer when we get to the tier with Brawler in it though.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3

As I said in my post, I know little about the Miis, which is part of the reason why I don't feel they should move up or down, because I honestly don't know where i'd place them. If one of them moves down, then whatever. Other people obviously know more than me.

However, I do know a lot about Link, and a hell of a lot more about Lucina (being a Marth main), so I can at least back up/support my votes there.

SpaceCanary

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceCanary
This is getting ridiculous. I'm changing my :4link: upvote to:
+1 :4miisword:
because Swordfighter definitely has the tools to succeed (or at least be Tier 4 worthy). XXXX Swordfighter can have a lot of movesets that the other sword characters just can't do, which makes him pretty viable IMO.

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
Whenever somebody downvotes a Mii it seems like there's always that guy who asks "Why would you downvote this character if they get all moves and sizes?" It's not that we don't know they get fully custom builds, it's that we don't care. Just because a character is underdeveloped does not mean they're good. It doesn't mean they're bad per se, but allowing customs for the Miis only takes them so far (with the notable exception of Brawler).

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
The thing is that wii don't believe that Swordspider and Gunner should go any lower. This is pretty much the correct tier for Swordspider. Gunner in the other hand deserves to go higher.

Anyways I understand you don't care, but you don't need to downvote for no reason whatsoever. What wii want is reasoning behind the vote. You don't see mii voting characters up and down that I know nothing about.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
When was the list updated again? I keep looking at the title and seeing "30th April", and I'm sure i's been updated since then right? Wasn't it like a week ago?

Just checking for me so I know when to expect it, but when are you planning on updating again Browny Browny ?

Browny

Smash Hater
Right now actually

UPDATED :)

Link was going down rapidly but brought back up with a bunch of + votes to stop that trend. Mii Swordfighter was then heading down with the most downvotes, however because he overall finished 12/14 in the list, it wasn't decisive enough to see it move down a tier, so it stays in that position. Pacman on the other hand finished top of the tier and also had the most + votes, so he went up.

Last edited:

Rhinomaster22

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rhinomaster22
The thing is that wii don't believe that Swordspider and Gunner should go any lower. This is pretty much the correct tier for Swordspider. Gunner in the other hand deserves to go higher.

Anyways I understand you don't care, but you don't need to downvote for no reason whatsoever. What wii want is reasoning behind the vote. You don't see mii voting characters up and down that I know nothing about.
Mii Swordspider? I didn't know Spider-Man was a playable character. :happysheep:

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
:4greninja::4yoshi::4peach::4tlink::4megaman:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4falcon::4miibrawl:
:4rob::4myfriends::4corrin::4dk::4lucario::4luigi::4marth::4lucas:

No votes for now, I feel like these guys belong up here in some shape or form

Edit: Switched Corrin and Megaman

Last edited:
Top Bottom