• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I have to say, Cloud is really disappointing. I have never enjoyed any of the Final Fantasy games so, already, there's not even any connection with the character for me. Also, he's another sword fighter. He's another third party, too, and I'm kind of tired of third parties at this point. I want some more Nintendo representation. Anyway, I'm just glad he wasn't the ballot character.

On another note, I'm loving this iteration of the tier list. All the characters are placed pretty much perfectly.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I have to say, Cloud is really disappointing. I have never enjoyed any of the Final Fantasy games so, already, there's not even any connection with the character for me. Also, he's another sword fighter. He's another third party, too, and I'm kind of tired of third parties at this point. I want some more Nintendo representation. Anyway, I'm just glad he wasn't the ballot character.
For once we agree on something.

I just find it odd how Smash 4 hasn't introduced a new super heavyweight, like DK, Bowser, Ganon or Dedede. Surely that is something Sakurai has on his mind (or at least I hope it is, K.Rool is waiting).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

On another note, I'm loving this iteration of the tier list. All the characters are placed pretty much perfectly.
Nintendo=51 characters
3rd Parties=only 5...
Swordsman=11 out of 56(Pit/Dark Pit can be debatable, but not counted becuase dual blades/bow)
Everything else=45

No reason to say there's another swordsman over something like to many brawlers and projectile characters(I mean c'mon)

Last edited:

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo=51 characters
3rd Parties=only 5...
Swordsman=11 out of 56(Pit/Dark Pit can be debatable, but not counted becuase dual blades/bow)
Everything else=45

No reason to say there's another swordsman over something like to many brawlers and projectile characters(I mean c'mon)
while i do agree(i dont think there are too many swordies) and im really happy ff gets a rep, i just wish that they wouldve chosen a different ff character, there is so much potential for a "different" moveset in this franchise, i will however admit that to me cloud doesnt hold a special position either so theres bias from me. a "summoning" moveset from lydia,(my favorite ff is 4 so thats prob bias (first ff i played no sophisticated reason for it ;) ) ) or a spearman, or a red/black mage... well u get the picture ;), i just thought "another swordsman" in the sense that there was so much potential for a 'different/original' moveset, i get that cloud is probably the second(first being sephiroth imo) most prominent ff character so i understand the choice,(and dont get me wrong, im really happy about it) i just think theres so much more they couldve done with a ff character :/

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
I think the community Tier list thing is a good overall basis of the order of character potential, and im sure many people have minor qualms. My only ones are...

~ I'm not sure RYU and FOX break the top 10 "But they are not far off"
~ Marth should be closer to Lucina's placement both in Tier V, just after Robin.
~ Ganon and Zelda bottom 2? I feel they are a bit further up then Jiggly and Mewtwo.

Very minor differences, im surprised how well this turned out with so many assorted voices, I Hope Cloud gets the Ryu treatment and not the Mewtwo. xD

Dcas

Smash Journeyman

I almost agree except with fox and sonic. Fox is to easy to counter and too fragile, his smashes are laggy. He can get combos, good mobility but he has several troubles plus results arent that favorable for fox but oh well besides fox, everything seems about right.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
while i do agree(i dont think there are too many swordies) and im really happy ff gets a rep, i just wish that they wouldve chosen a different ff character, there is so much potential for a "different" moveset in this franchise, i will however admit that to me cloud doesnt hold a special position either so theres bias from me. a "summoning" moveset from lydia,(my favorite ff is 4 so thats prob bias (first ff i played no sophisticated reason for it ;) ) ) or a spearman, or a red/black mage... well u get the picture ;), i just thought "another swordsman" in the sense that there was so much potential for a 'different/original' moveset, i get that cloud is probably the second(first being sephiroth imo) most prominent ff character so i understand the choice,(and dont get me wrong, im really happy about it) i just think theres so much more they couldve done with a ff character :/
A different FF character is understandable...though I don't know **** about the series in the first place(not a huge rpg person), I'd prefer Sora because...Disney.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
For once we agree on something.

I just find it odd how Smash 4 hasn't introduced a new super heavyweight, like DK, Bowser, Ganon or Dedede. Surely that is something Sakurai has on his mind (or at least I hope it is, K.Rool is waiting).
I definitely think that we need more heavyweights. They're so fun and I think they're generally some of the most unique characters of the entire cast (except for Ganondorf, obviously). By the way, my vote that I cast the day they announced the Smash Ballot was for King K. Rool. So, I guess, we agree on more things than one thing.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4gaw: being above :4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucina::4littlemac: makes me want to lol.

I definitely think that we need more heavyweights. They're so fun and I think they're generally some of the most unique characters of the entire cast (except for Ganondorf, obviously). By the way, my vote that I cast the day they announced the Smash Ballot was for King K. Rool. So, I guess, we agree on more things than one thing.
Problem being, Ganondorf is the most annoying character to fight aganist by a long shot, and Bowser is annoying, so I'm kinda scared to have more heavyweights, and I think Sakurai is to.

Last edited:

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
:4gaw: being above :4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucina::4littlemac: makes me want to lol.

Problem being, Ganondorf is the most annoying character to fight aganist by a long shot, and Bowser is annoying, so I'm kinda scared to have more heavyweights, and I think Sakurai is to.
Those characters are probably trouble for you because you main two of the lightest characters in the game, lol

Routa

Smash Lord
True, but the only character I can beat Ganondorf with is King Dedede.....
All you need is our lord and savior Miisus.

Anyways Ganondorf is very weak to projectile camping and has really bad disadvantage state. Also he is one of the easiest characters to gimp off-stage. What you need to do is to force him to shield. He has mediocre OoS grab which is not very intimidating so you pretty much have to be on his face all the time. Ganondorf has excellent mid range game due to his powerful F-tilt and D-tilt. He is also really hard to counter in air due to one of the best Bairs in game. His Uair is also thing to fear. But as I said he has hard time fighting zoners and characters that enjoy to be on his face.

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman

why does that make you want to lol? i honestly think gnw is too low where he is right now and i think hes better than those characters u listed(with the possible exception of mac, who i have no real opinion on as i havent looked into the character much) why is he so bad in your opinion?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

Anyways Ganondorf is very weak to projectile camping and has really bad disadvantage state. Also he is one of the easiest characters to gimp off-stage. What you need to do is to force him to shield. He has mediocre OoS grab which is not very intimidating so you pretty much have to be on his face all the time. Ganondorf has excellent mid range game due to his powerful F-tilt and D-tilt. He is also really hard to counter in air due to one of the best Bairs in game. His Uair is also thing to fear. But as I said he has hard time fighting zoners and characters that enjoy to be on his face.
Who is Miisus?

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
Who is Miisus?
since the only mii depicted as female by nintendo is gunner, who is also a campy/projectile character, i would assume thats who miisus is(love that name btw(assuming i got it right) :) )

edit: i didnt :( fml, maybe i think to punny: missus+mii=miisus

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor

Woah woah. Bad recovery, I can accept that. But one of the easiest to gimp? His uair alone combined with his power make it more dangerous than advantageous for about 70% of the mêlée based characters to attempt to challenge him offstage (depending on position, obviously).
But aside from that, sounds roughly right.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I just want Ganondorf cut complety.

He's SO annoying that i don't even want a revamped moveset, i just want him gone.

I don't care how important he is to Legend of Zelda.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's SO annoying that i don't even want a revamped moveset, i just want him gone.

"I can't beat this character, this means he shouldn't be in the game at all despite him being popular and having a dedicated playerbase!"

This is just as dumb as people wanting :4sonic: or :rosalina: cut just because they don't know how to beat them. Stahp.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
"I can't beat this character, this means he shouldn't be in the game at all despite him being popular and having a dedicated playerbase!"

This is just as dumb as people wanting :4sonic: or :rosalina: cut just because they don't know how to beat them. Stahp.
But the problem is that he ruins any game that he is in. Every time I fight aganist him, I like, don't have fun that match. Unless i use Dedede

D

Deleted member

But the problem is that he ruins any game that he is in. Every time I fight aganist him, I like, don't have fun that match. Unless i use Dedede
He didn't ruin Brawl, though. He was the one that was ruined. :ganondorf:

It just seems like you need to learn the matchup. Ganon can clean house with somebody who doesn't know how to fight him properly.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
He didn't ruin Brawl, though. He was the one that was ruined. :ganondorf:

It just seems like you need to learn the matchup. Ganon can clean house with somebody who doesn't know how to fight him properly.
Which i can never due, since every time i shield or air dodge, i either

1.Get Shieldgrabbed

2.The shield/dodge doesn't register at all.

And then i die.

And if I DON'T shield or air dodge, I get hit and die.

Edit;And by any game, I meant any match in SSB4

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Which i can never due, since every time i shield or air dodge, i either

1.Get Shieldgrabbed

2.The shield/dodge doesn't register at all.

And then i die.

And if I DON'T shield or air dodge, I get hit and die.

Edit;And by any game, I meant any match in SSB4
Is the shield/dodge thing due to input issues online or something to do with your controller? Aside from that, you seldom need to worry about Ganon grabbing you. His grab range is complete arse.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
But the problem is that he ruins any game that he is in. Every time I fight aganist him, I like, don't have fun that match
That might be to do with the fact that you main among the lightest characters in the game :laugh:

But seriously, Ganon is really slow. Bait him into a mistake. He doesn't have the best approach options. He mainly thrives off of you being reckless and making mistakes.

Zam053

Smash Cadet

I came here to laugh at you.

You are a Kirby main. Bait an action, combo Ganon and puff, problem done. Use your multiples jumps at your advantage and try to hover at him. Outspeed him and don't let he grab you.

Top Bottom