• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Feel free to not read this post if you don;t care about geno argument, but I grew tired of some arguments.

nah Nintendo did care about SMRPG than they did to Mario paper if you saw how much things they released to advertise the game (like toys for example) also this was the first game to mix Final fantasy and Mario in one game, Mario paper is just a spirtual succsesor just like the Mario & luigi RPG seires Nintendo didnt really care that much about those games as much as SMRPG when it was first shown.
First, "Paper Mario", please remember that.

Second, yeah sure, you are telling a one time game that was planned to have a sequel that was cancelled and is now obsoleted by 2 series is more important by a series that has 4 games.

Literally what the freak?

I can;t even understand when you say they don;t care about these 2 series, dude, not only they freaking keep releasing games (one that was announced MONTHS ago), but they keep talkign about them. The other day I was posting I was happy that they did a TTYD references, they also did a TTYD refferences in Animal Crossing: new Leaf, they added a paper mario stage with music from both series, several trophies from both series.

It doesn;t matter what they cared most back then, because they are still pushing it, that means they do care and they do so much that smrpg got forgotten by these 2 series. That is idem for the advertising material, they still do advertise games from both series and again, while almost ignoring the existence of smrpg except on VC (which btw has yet to come out on WiiU other than JP).

Oh and btw, if they didn;t care as much back then then let me ask you a very important question: why it happened?

It takes a lot of effort to play a game, do you think they seriously didn;t care to do pm64 and decide to spent the effort to do it?

c'mon, it doesn;t make ANY sense. They would have jsut abandoned it, btu no, they wanted rpg and they felt that without Square, using the canvas from smrpg was the best solution.

compare SMRPG and both mario paper and mario & luigi seires together when they were first shown/released, there is a big difference, Nintendo cared about SMRPG before the game was even released and they wanted to release way alot of stuffs other than the game and it was very special to have final fantasy and mario games mixed together for the first time..
again.....

HOW DOES IT MATTER AT THE TIME?

Now, it';s different, they care MUCH more than these 2 series, do I need evidences if I already told you the references and the amount of games released?

Look I am going to be very straight to you,. pm64 is a lot more than a downgraded smrpg because every time I read your post, i have a feeling you are trying to tell that. First, TTYD got a lot of praise for its design, humour and battle system and its story did had soem dark parts.

Spm while a lot could argue on its gameplay (which I found underrated), it was praised a lot for its story and humor and btw, is the game that is the least similar to smrpg showing that the series aren't even dependant on smrpg any more.

These 2 series got developed so much they got their own identity and they got so much that smrpg started to fade away in terms of its neccesssity int hese games, you still have dependencies, but they start to not even matter anymore.

Which tells me that again, they really are forgetting smrpg. The ONLY thing I heard recently was saying that it was released on JP WiiU VC, that;s it.

HD_Vishion

Smash Cadet
NNID
16LetterUsername
I think they have all the iconic characters they can add...so, the only thing left to do you ask?

Goku.

Its the only way...on the other side lies enlightenment. I will see you all there, all of the believers, on the other side.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was planning to post the GIF at 2PST tomorrow but I chose to not wait because there is a chance that we could have leaks on our hand so I decided to release it early for everyone to enjoy it! :D

It's last countdown for Smash Bros 4 so it was nice to know some people here. It was fun!

Hopefully I would be around for next Smash! :D
You can tell it's a GAF gif because of Wonder Red lol

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait... I'm confused.

Isn't the Nintendo Network suppose to be down atm? Because I've been able to access most everything now...

Chrono.

Maybe it finished early.

Wouldn't be the first time, I mean, remember the 24 hour eshop maintenance that turned out to be less than 10 hours?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Isn't the maintanence scheduled in two parts? I thought I saw something about them doing more at a later hour
Here's the thing, the maintenance that's happening right now was supposed to occur later on today at the exact same timeframe:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/1...uesday/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I even bothered checking for other regions just to make sure it wasn't the US site messing up. Nothing's listed under "Future maintenance" either, so I don't know what to tell you about there being two phases.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
50 coins and still no S-Rank

This is why you cheat in Yokai Watch

Chrono.

At the very least we seem to be getting a patch. So at least Cloud and Midgar being released tomorrow is more probable.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
hmmm.. where's the picture of lyn looking at a computer screen, but then looks towards you like she breaking the 4th wall with some kind of expression when you need it...

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Weird how they don't say its Smash.
They're probably sick of us overhyping whenever they do maintenance on literally ANYTHING.
and normally I wouldn't blame them
but it's the last broadcast
I mean
Goodness, it's only sinking in now
I've been on this hype train probably even before June 2013 and I have no desire to be forced off

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
compare SMRPG and both mario paper and mario & luigi seires together when they were first shown/released, there is a big difference, Nintendo cared about SMRPG before the game was even released and they wanted to release way alot of stuffs other than the game and it was very special to have final fantasy and mario games mixed together for the first time.

2 decades and at that time they did something bigger for SMRPG than they did to Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi seires when they were first shown.

Papercraft? is that all because SMRPG did bring way more stuff than this do i need to list them?, they are just sports games, its not an RPG that has huge adventure in it and made it feel really like a classic final fantasy games and made some dreams comes true of its time so its still important.

Paper Mario was suppose to be SMRPG2 but square said no wich made the game having big changes and turned to Paper Mario so there is a common with SMRPG such as the seven stars and the star spirits.
No...just no...Seeing as paper Mario is one of the few N64 RPG'S and despite being late to the N64 life cycle still got pushed... And seeing as how you care a lot about merchandize paper Mario has way than SMRPG.Nothing's wrong about liking a game but don't up play it's importance.its just the first Mario RPG.which would've happen eventually

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I both don't want this and do want this content to leak.

Basically if it's mindblowing, I want it to be a surprise for the presentation. But if it's disappointing, then I'd rather it leaked just so I can get the heartbreak over and done with.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Welp, Naoshi didn't even last a single battle
Apparently, Cleffas have Magical Leaf
And now Wedl has to avenge him
He has 8 attack and the only damaging move he knows os Double Slap
This is gonna take a while...
late to this, but whats this? nuzlocke?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Thank God it wasn't Smash related.
This is not the place you want to be hanging out in if you are trying to avoid leaks...

Leaks and Rumors are fair game. The OP states this clearly.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Nah that's not it. It's more of me not wanting another SK situation
Ahhh okay! So glad we'll finally close the book on that soon. Im almost ready to call it over, myself.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I believe it's 11 hours as of now until the maintenance. I'm still going to hop onto Snashboards today, even at the costs of potential leaks, although I doubt we'll see anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom