• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully we'll get some surprises, other than just new characters. I'm assuming they're doing a Nintendo Direct for more than just that.

Smash Run for Wii U would be grand. :113:

Upgraded Smash Run for 3DS would be grand too.

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Just curious? For anyone who's watched the video, what critique would you give that person to improve their YouTube channel? That's actually one of my closest friends running the YouTube Channel, so it would be nice if I could help him out just a tad bit XD.
1. Tell him to quit scratching his mic.

2. It seems like he's talking just for the sake of filling in the silence. Commentary should flow more naturally instead of being forced, so I would recommend that he play something that has a little bit more going on. I would also recommend playing some music in the background for these types of games as it does a much better job of drowning out silence than somewhat forced commentary.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Your reaction if:

Cloud, Ridley, Geno, Isaac, King K Rool all got revealed
I would stop crying about this game character choices.
And maybe, if K.Rool be proved as viable, I would stop crying about this game in general.
I mean... I just miss Brawl... if something special as this happens, maybe I will let it go a bit.

[OFF- TOPIC] Do you guys know the GosuJasu youtube channel ?
It's my favorite one Smash related, they make song paroedies with Smash... check it out if you liked the idea.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Chrom is popular and Sakurai did acknowledge his popularity. It's just that he chose Robin for gameplay purposes, though he/she is also fairly popular.

With Marth and Ike already part of the roster, Sakurai opted for a character that would contrast better with those two's purely sword-based moveset. Lucina and Roy are different since they're clone characters based on Marth, rendering them as easier additions.

But you all already knew all this, didn't you?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Chrom is popular and Sakurai did acknowledge his popularity. It's just that he chose Robin for gameplay purposes, though he/she is also fairly popular.

With Marth and Ike already part of the roster, Sakurai opted for a character that would contrast better with those two's purely sword-based moveset. Lucina and Roy are different since they're clone characters based on Marth, rendering them as easier additions.

But you all already knew all this, didn't you?
Yep!

I just meant I was surprised Chrom still has popularity, even post FE if release in Japan. I guess Fates isn't out for another couple months here. It's kinda what I was saying before, I wonder if he has more popularity due to being rejected.

D

Deleted member

I spent about 20 minutes running in tall grass to find a new Pokemon
All I found was duplicates
But then! A Scyther appeared!
Scyther is the literal best Gen 1 Pokemon no questions asked
Which means he's more than super cool
He's hyper cool! So I named him CyberHyper after @CyberHyperPhoenix
The cyber part will make more sense when he evolves

About the Chrom stuff:
I always liked Chrom, but I always wanted Robin in Smash and I thought he would be chosen for the Awakening character, and Chrom in Smash was more of a "if we get two from Awakening" kind of thing to me
Though Gematsu certainly didn't help and I wanted Chrom to be deconfirmed because it would also kill those Chorus Men all at once
My prayers were answered

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Your reaction if:

Cloud, Ridley, Geno, Isaac, King K Rool all got revealed
not Ridley well I mean I want to play him but I like Him being a boss it feels right you know what I mean.. he's always felt to me to be a smart tough boss who was fun to fight lol... but ever one else is pure hype just saying

D

Deleted member

Reddit man has it right

"What law means he can do this?"
poor guy.
Angry banned dude said:
I was BANNED from my local super smash bros melee scene. They use the local community college to host this and TOLD ME BY EMAIL IF I CAME THERE THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME IN. This was out of nowhere so I immediately called the TO, who told me why. He said it was because I was frequently toxic and angry. He said that I yell at players and make them uncomfortable and scared, and that a girl quit because of me. While I DO sometimes get frustrated and vocalize it, so do many other people I am simply being discriminated against my voice is naturally deeper than most. also the truth is a girl never quit that is a complete lie, she was just butthurt that she was worst than everyone there. I'm so ****ing irate. I've been a member of this community FOR YEARS and just now I'm a nuisance? I am entitled to a certain level of RESPECT for being a veteran player. I'm looking into finding a lawyer who get me unbanned. There MUST be a law that prevents people from arbitrarily banning others from certain locations without written documents proving it (the TO just SAID I was banned he did not provide any evidence.) The TO isn't rich or anything so I don't think I would have to ask a lot from him, I think he'd break under just pressure of lawsuit
New copypasta for sure
I'm gonna have some fun with this

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yep!

I just meant I was surprised Chrom still has popularity, even post FE if release in Japan. I guess Fates isn't out for another couple months here. It's kinda what I was saying before, I wonder if he has more popularity due to being rejected.
Chrom is still heavily featured in other crossover projects such as #FE, Project X Zone 2 and Monster Hunter, often along with Lucina, cementing his popularity.

Again, Sakurai did know that Chrom would be a good choice for the roster, but unlike those crossovers I mentioned, there was Marth and Ike in the roster that would make Chrom not stand out as much as Robin would.

Lucina's sheer similarities to Marth were the only thing that helped her get into Smash since she would be a costume for Marth if she didn't end up as a clone. It's ironic as Chrom was opted out due to similarities to Marth and Ike. You could say that Chrom was similar, but not similar enough to Marth/Ike to warrant a clone spot.

It all does make sense from a game development POV: Chrom would lend himself better to a more original moveset (rather than a cloned one), requiring more work that potentially could be used on a more diverse character (in this case, Robin).

Chrom's exclusion comes from a variety of circumstances surrounding development and game design.

New copypasta for sure
I'm gonna have some fun with this
That rant is definitely ironic. lol

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Because Cloud has no history with Nintendo so only gaming icons can get in and that is all that matters. Hence MC
Huh? But Cloud is from Final Fantasy, a series that has been on Nintendo systems >_> Cloud just happens to be the most iconic from the FF series, despite the fact that FFVII didnt appear on a Nintendo system... Master Chief cant claim that he has history with Nintendom even with his iconicness

Huh? But Cloud is from Final Fantasy, a series that has been on Nintendo systems >_> Cloud just happens to be the most iconic from the FF series, despite the fact that FFVII didnt appear on a Nintendo system... Master Chief cant claim that he has history with Nintendom even with his iconicness
well if you look a little lower on this page ;)

I never said it was logical. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't hate Chrom, I don't mind him. He's an alright guy.

But my issues and problems with him come from he sole fact that how people we're so confident in how he was gonna replace Marth or Ike (Look, don't give me that hell about about respecting fans' choices, I still do but you don't ever mess with another man's main.), how he just look unoriginal compared to those two and Gemastu in general (the cult following how it's law and never wrong and just my bias against the Chorus Kids)

He wasn't a bad choice but FE needed something fresh and unique to stand out. I supported Robin since late 2013 on the idea of being a unique magic user and just being aesthetic difference from Marth and Ike.

Roy was moreso of a Melee character than FE character and Lucina was just a last minute addition. Robin was the sole choice from a gameplay perspective and it was the best choice

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Chrom is still heavily featured in other crossover projects such as #FE, Project X Zone 2 and Monster Hunter, often along with Lucina, cementing his popularity.

Again, Sakurai did know that Chrom would be a good choice for the roster, but unlike those crossovers I mentioned, there was Marth and Ike in the roster that would make Chrom not stand out as much as Robin would.

Lucina's sheer similarities to Marth were the only thing that helped her get into Smash since she would be a costume for Marth if she didn't end up as a clone. It's ironic as Chrom was opted out due to similarities to Marth and Ike. You could say that Chrom was similar, but not similar enough to Marth/Ike to warrant a clone spot.

It all does make sense from a game development POV: Chrom would lend himself better to a more original moveset (rather than a cloned one), requiring more work that potentially could be used on a more diverse character (in this case, Robin).

Chrom's exclusion comes from a variety of circumstances surrounding development and game design.
Sure, I'm not really questioning why he's not on the roster now. I understand all of that.

What I was really saying is that I'm surprised after everything: he's part of a final smash, he's very similar to existing characters, there's another Fire Emblem game out with new characters, he was already rejected once and got a Mii costume arguably to make up for that, and we have 5 Fire Emblem characters on the roster..

He's still a popular choice?

I just knew I liked him, but I liked him before we knew he was booted or rejected from the roster.

D

Deleted member

To pass the time I'll make a hypothetical scenario just for fun.

What would your reaction be to the following scenario?

There actually turns out to be five DLC characters left but they are: Pichu; Wolf; Squirtle; Ivysaur and Toon Zelda with Sakurai stating that Toon Zelda was selected because "everyone was demanding her the most!" and then finishes the broadcast with a grin.
Very happy with Pichu's return, instant secondary. Also excited for Squirtle's return. Very surprised at Toon Zelda being a ballot choice though as well as no Nintendo newcomer.

D

Deleted member

I hate, hate, HATE fog in Platinum
I've been in a battle for god knows for how long
Bite can't hit and when it does it deals basically no damage
And what happens when I'm about to win? Super Potion and I have to do it all again

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Very happy with Pichu's return, instant secondary. Also excited for Squirtle's return. Very surprised at Toon Zelda being a ballot choice though as well as no Nintendo newcomer.
sorry to be so direct but.......

Who are you exactly?

I have a very weird feeling I know you and it might be because you did posted once in the paper mario support thread (and a search bring 9 pages which is huge if I compare to others).

Have you changed your username once?

idk, it really urks me, but I have a feeling I know you.......

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Random question, hopefully there are some MGS fans here (I'm a fan myself but I'm not caught up at the minute).

Are there any official HD models of Solid Snake's MGS2 outfit? It's also the same outfit he uses in Brawl.

I need it for art reference purposes. I have mostly been using the Brawl render and some screenshots from Brawl so far but it's not enough for certain details.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
say what you will about undertale but man the fanbase its...pretty good
someone made this in regards to the gamefaqs poll

just....yes this is good

D

Deleted member

Random question, hopefully there are some MGS fans here (I'm a fan myself but I'm not caught up at the minute).

Are there any official HD models of Solid Snake's MGS2 outfit? It's also the same outfit he uses in Brawl.

I need it for art reference purposes. I have mostly been using the Brawl render and some screenshots from Brawl so far but it's not enough for certain details.
MGS2 had an HD rerelease on the PS3 so maybe you could look for that

just....yes this is good
I still can't believe I want OoT to win
For once it being overrated will save the day

Strofirko

Smash Master

just....yes this is good
Undertale will win by 0,1% .
I blame @Syluxguy for ever bringing my attention of that place full of extremists.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
MGS2 had an HD rerelease on the PS3 so maybe you could look for that

I still can't believe I want OoT to win
For once it being overrated will save the day
"save the day" implying some major disaster will take place if undertale wins a popularity contest

anyway we are half way through the day and 29 hours till smash goodness cashing out from the site till then

D

Deleted member

"save the day" implying some major disaster will take place if undertale wins a popularity contest

anyway we are half way through the day and 29 hours till smash goodness cashing out from the site till then
Undertale has done literally nothing to deserve the title of "Best Game Ever". That's not even a big deal in of itself but the fact that the fanbase has been extremely toxic in regards to this poll that they(almost?) rigged the poll through bots

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's too bad wastebasket-ball isn't a sport. Because I'd be pro

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Undertale has done literally nothing to deserve the title of "Best Game Ever". That's not even a big deal in of itself but the fact that the fanbase has been extremely toxic in regards to this poll that they(almost?) rigged the poll through bots
The Undertale fanbase has been pretty nice in general tho. The biggest and friendliest gaming community I know.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Almost kind of reminds me of how people treated some Smash fan polls...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
undertales fanbase is no more toxic than the next game it just happens to have the same amount of ******** as any long standing series and because its so new you notice it more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom