• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I got class then.

****ing ducking doo daa.

I am maybe one of the only person on the earth that was actually happy at the annoucemend of Federation Force. Yeah, i'm maybe a weirdo but hey, i prefer we got something related to Metroid than nothing.
View attachment 82516
But then again, i tend to like some weird stuff. So hey, i don't know.
A another person who likes weird stuff (nuts and bolts says hi.) I also am moderately excited for FF.

I have my Bingo Board ready. Took a while to make. :p

:231:
Lol bluepikmin

My class would end 15 minutes into the direct. But I can easily use my aptop in class. So 15 minutes of silence. Then maybe sound.

Unless we get a smash reveal early then i'm waiting to watch that with sound.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I gotta shut down the office at 4pm (which is the time of the direct in my timezone) so I'm gonna miss the Direct and Smashboards destroying itself.

Plus by the time I get home, I can just watch a recap from GameXplain

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Bets, huh?? Alright.

I bet that at the very most, we'll have one character reveal. If there are more than one, I will go to a thrift store, buy a small shoe, boil it, and eat part of it (literally this time).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i think it should be said now.......this is the last direct of the year
so when everone figures that outpeople are going to throw a fit regardless of how good this one actually is

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
All these Pokémon-related retweets, now JWittz in a Nintendo Minute? Trying really hard not expect a Z reveal (or Pokémon DLC character for Smash, for that matter).

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Now, finally, after forever of fail, now that my project is done... *cough*

AND WE HAVE A SAKURAI TWEET ABOUT TOMORROWS DIRECT

HYPE TRAIN FULL THROTTLE EVERYONE
>Sees Sakurai retweeted the direct.

Guess there's no better time than to post this;

I like how despite the delay, I actually finished this animation JUST as he retweeted that. My bad timing strikes again. T_T

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Check out @NintendoAmerica's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/664861561375223808?s=09

There's definitely smash DLC today, I reckon. why else would there be a special Nintendo minute right after?
Considering that Jwittz is much more well known for his Pokémon information, I'd honestly say that's more indicative of some major Pokémon news then Smash (though the tweet pretty much solidified it).

Haven't really heard too much about The Completionist though, is he majorly involved in any particular series?

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New trailer:

The Smash logo appears as usual.
It cuts to a fight between Mario and Bowser.....ON A NEW BOWSER'S CASTLE STAGE.
The battle's getting heated (no pun intended). Mario back throws Bowser into a pool of lava. Strangely, he falls in instead of gets blasted skyward.
A strange light emerges. Mario starts to panic.
This music starts to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjMoNQN7s0
Out comes Dry Bowser. DRY BOWSER HAS A BONE TO PICK!

The trailer shows off D. Bowser, who is rather similar to what Bowser used to be. He's bigger, he's hunched over, and he's more feral. It's like Bowser's old style took a new (undead) life of it's own.
His flames are blue (but don't do Aura damage; they are blue flames, not Aura), his Whirling Fortress is fiery, and instead of the Flying Slam, he has the old Koopa Klaw.

Reactions?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Assuming they'll release the characters immediately after the direct, the download will probably take longer this time around since they haven't patched in the content beforehand like they did with Ryu, Roy and Lucas.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do Twitch streams work on 4G LTE at all? I may have to watch it on the ride home from work without a stable connection...:c I have the iPhone app for what it's worth.

Is there a YouTube link I can have open to watch later?

Considering that Jwittz is much more well known for his Pokémon information, I'd honestly say that's more indicative of some major Pokémon news then Smash (though the tweet pretty much solidified it).

Haven't really heard too much about The Completionist though, is he majorly involved in any particular series?
Well he IS known for saying BEARS because of his stuff from Banjo Kazooie. And if I remember correctly his favorite game ever is DKC2

Banjo and Dixie confirmed :troll:
(but no not really. He isn't even Nintendo only)
New trailer:

The battle's getting heated (no pun intended). Mario back throws Bowser into a pool of lava. Strangely, he falls in instead of gets blasted skyward.

The trailer shows off D. Bowser, who is rather similar to what Bowser used to be. He's bigger, he's hunched over, and he's more feral. It's like Bowser's old style took a new (undead) life of it's own.
His flames are blue (but don't do Aura damage; they are blue flames, not Aura), his Whirling Fortress is fiery, and instead of the Flying Slam, he has the old Koopa Klaw.

Reactions?
If we somehow get Car Bowser back I won't be totally furious.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Well he IS known for saying BEARS because of his stuff from Banjo Kazooie. And if I remember correctly his favorite game ever is DKC2

Banjo and Dixie confirmed :troll:
(but no not really. He isn't even Nintendo only)
He isn't but he does do a ton of Nintendo content. As of late he's done near-launch reviews for games like Woolly World, Treasure Trackers, Smash Bros, etc.

He's a huge Nintendo fan and I'm glad to see him showing up on official Nintendo media.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
New trailer:

Reactions?
Pretty much torn. I did like Godzilla Bowser from Brawl, which is why I'm FalKoopa. So, I'm interested.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Do Twitch streams work on 4G LTE at all? I may have to watch it on the ride home from work without a stable connection...:c I have the iPhone app for what it's worth.

Is there a YouTube link I can have open to watch later?
the directs always get posted it to youtube later, and you can watch it live using 4g

D

Deleted member

Is the Shovel Knight rumor still alive? I've heard PushDustIn say that the rumor had until the end of October to come true but correct me if I'm wrong on that.
I think it's certainly possible, they did it with :4lucas:,:4feroy:, and :4ryu:.
Lucas was announced on April 1st and got released two and a half months later. It's possible that they may release the next character(s) long after announcement; with release date being the same as other characters that gets announced.

So for example, I could see Wolf being announced today, but released around when Star Fox Wii U is available with the two (possibly) final characters getting announced and released at the same time a la Roy and Ryu.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
New trailer:

Reactions?
As someone who loves Dry Bowser, this accurately sums up my reaction:

D

Deleted member

Tbh, my expectations are rock bottom. Nintendo has been really **** lately.

So, by them disappointing me they're just living up to my expectations. I've already made up my mind on not buying the NX. No matter how good it might be.

And if they DO manage to surprise me, then it becomes a win-win.

That said, what would an ideal Direct for you?

For me, it'd be:

>Ballot characters revealed, Banjo announced for Smash

>XCX dual audio confirmed, all content found in the original left untouched for the localized version, this includes the lewd and the religious symbolism (if this doesn't happen, I'm getting the Japanese version, because seriously, **** censorship).

>MK8 DLC packs 3&4 announced, classic battle mode brought back and is available for online play

>Splatoon content announced, Octolings confirmed, new battle modes: "team slayer" and "infected." Map selection open in online play, and no longer locked to 2 per rotation.

>Smash Melee HD remake for WiiU

>Fast Racing NEO now a console release, reskinned as an F-Zero title. F-Zero NEO. Release date, Summer 2016.

>DKCR3 announced, featuring K.Rool and the Kremlins

>Two new Metroid games in the works, a 2D sidescroller, and a 3D Prime-like.

>Star Fox Zero trailer, game looks nicer. "Reimagining" concept scrapped, instead it will feature new environments and place it solidly in the SF canon. It will also take concepts from Assault's multiplayer and improve on them. Online play confirmed.

>Zelda WiiU trailer and info. Announced as a WiiU exclusive.

>Surprise, because surprises are nice.

>WiiU update, region lock removed.

>WiiU/NX concerns are addressed. WiiU confirmed to get continued support well into 2018, regarless of the NX and what it might be.

Yeah... that's about it. I seriously doubt any if that'll happen, but my wishes aren't exactly unreasonable either.

Soul.

Actually don't they put a YouTube link a few minutes before the stream starts? Like, 30 minutes before or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom