• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Megalon never denied that.

Just that your response was also edgey.

Like 4chan is Shadow and you're Dark Pit.
That and it was a little callback to the time I dared gave undertale any sort of critisism. Well, even though it wasn't and I was just saying that the hype would die down and people would be a bit less hyperbolic.
now you're just coming off as saying that that meme isn't made out of a place of prejudice which is ****ing hilarious
i'll just go
y'all can keep your south park libertarianism
A few things

1. Dude, calm down and stop jumping to quick conclusions. The term SJW exists for a reason...
2. No one said that the origins of the meme weren't made out of prejudice. Even then, the joke isn't really about trans people specifically, rather it's just about identity politics in general. Which come on, get really extreme. Hell, I'm a very open supporter of trans gendered people, but then things to that guy left his family to be a six year old girl, and well... Yeah.... Hell, as some members might remember, I used to be transgender myself.(I'm not anymore because I basically got my prefferences figured out now.)
3. Just because it is said doesn't mean that it is used literally. Otherwise 4chan would literally be a site full of neo natzis. :p (And I'm not defending 4chn whatsoever, I really, really don't like 4chan for many reasons.) I'm pretty sure the Sonic Twitter isn't actually transphobic. Regardless of the origins of the joke, they didn't mean it that way. Really, a jab at most extreme of trans people, like someone who'd want to physically become pacman or something crazy like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry, stopped reading there

They said the exact opposite
And the argument is not even about 4chan
You can't deny that it wasn't right though...

It predicted most of the roster, with the only two characters being confirmed replaced or cut due to technical difficulties.

Those being chrom, who sakurai said was planned but replaced because robin was better. And Chorus kids who we know made it far enough in the development to have a series emblem.

It also brought up the desire for them to want to cut ness for Lucas again, but it was undecided at the time.

Lo and behold, Lucas was cut and brought back as the first real DLC. Probably because they had enough work on him, and they still liked him.

Even @PushDustIn agrees.

gematsu was right, just outdated.

They even brought up how they found DLC greedy Which depending on how you view it, that is correct.

If you were to buy all DLC characters for both versions, that's at least double the price of both, or close( I'm estimating).

Let's not forget the stages and any mii costumes people wanted as well.

You could still think it's incorrect and can't be used as an example, but there is way to much supporting it.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
In terms of pokken i got three of my top 5 pokemon in(weavile,sceptile,suicune) only way this could get better is if they added luxray and zangoose.

Zkhuh qrw jhwwlqj dqb ri wkh vpdvk srnhprq ghdo zlwk lw

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It got me this far in life!
It's the desire of 55% of the male population in the world.

You can do anything for the fame, the fortune, for the honor, for the glory, for the love of the game or even just to live.

But even man has the desire to go through what they can and what they think they can't handle for the chance to finally get what they want:

A woman in their arms. Trey Parker and Matt Stone explains it perfectly:

They do this in media as well. Look up Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel, the amount of **** Shirou had to go through for Sakura and how he did it shows his love for her and his desire as a man.

For God sakes, :4mario: does it as well.

This dude went to the edge of the universe for :4peach:. And I don't think he did it because they are good friends

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Just a little question,
Does anyone know where Lucina and Dark Pit could go without making the layout look disorganized?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just a little question,
Does anyone know where Lucina and Dark Pit could go without making the layout look disorganized?
Put the Mii's into one slot as they are in Smash 4.
Problem solved because we still don't have proper organisation
:4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

0_- Your Nohr Dad tries to kill you at every opportunity. Heck, the first thing he does after you come back is give you a test that he expects you to not come back from. Are boobs really worth trying to survive everyday from your own allies?
Heavy endgame spoilers
I love countering with more spoilers so
Garon isn't really evil
He's been dead all along and has been used as a puppet(kinda like Vigarde in SS) by Azura's mother, your aunt

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Heavy endgame spoilers
Garon isn't really evil
He's been dead all along and has been used as a puppet(kinda like Vigarde in SS) by Azura's mother, your aunt
They written out that she's your aunt in the localization

Ivander

Smash Legend
Heavy endgame spoilers
Garon isn't really evil
mean that since Garon was just a puppet by your aunt and she was also a puppet, doesn't that mean that your step-dad that tried to kill you was also just a puppet, meaning that it wasn't really your step-dad who tried to kill you?
Actually, let's face it...Corrin has family issues. All of his family fights with him at some point. Except your cousin as far as I know. Edit: Oh, and your children.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's the desire of 55% of the male population in the world.

You can do anything for the fame, the fortune, for the honor, for the glory, for the love of the game or even just to live.

But even man has the desire to go through what they can and what they think they can't handle for the chance to finally get what they want:

A woman in their arms. Trey Parker and Matt Stone explains it perfectly:

They do this in media as well. Look up Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel, the amount of **** Shirou had to go through for Sakura and how he did it shows his love for her and his desire as a man.

This dude went to the edge of the universe for :4peach:. And I don't think he did it because they are good friends
Well in Galaxy, he was just saving the universe in general, not just Peach.

Or maybe he thought he could get in bed with god. :rosalina:

theentierplotofGalaxyiscompletelynonsensicalanywaywithRosalinabeingwhatsheisandMarioandBowserendupbeingMarySuesinthegamebecauseofit

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just beat Mario and Luigi Paper Jam!

It was pretty good! Hard to rank it in terms of how good of an entry it is, but I liked it. The final boss fight was good as they usually are.

I also liked the fights before hand and how they various characters interacted with one another.

One thing that was intriguing, was the Koopalings dialog.

This is the first time they have talked right? Not counting the Mario Show back in the day.

If so, they portray them in very good ways. One thing I found neat was the fact that they refer to bowser as master.

Which is a neat detail, since they want to keep reinforcing that the koopalings are not bowser's children, but instead elite members of his army.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

So does Kirby
Example
Squeak Squad;
He raids a castle
Nearly kills the king
Eradicates an ENTIRE ARMY OF MICE WITH ADVANCED MACHINERY AND BRUTE STRENGTH
KILLS A GHOST (SOMETHING THAT'S ALREADY DEAD)
KILLS A DEMON OF PURE DARKNESS IN SPACE FOR LIKE THE 5TH TIME
FOR A SINGLE, SMALL SLICE OF STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE

D

Deleted member

Ivander Ivander
I'm not looking at that spoiler because I already said all the spoilers I know about already and I already regret have seeing them when the game was released in Japan
They written out that she's your aunt in the localization
Pretty sure that's gonna cause some plotholes
What would you think of Lightning as a Cloud alt?
That you shouldn't be in charge of a Smash game

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gunblade =/= Buster Sword....Also NO!!

Zack would work though...but not Lightning...and I'd prefer Squall as a Gunblade user...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Or maybe he thought he could get in bed with god. :rosalina:
That was :4luigi:.

Poor guy conquered all his fears and tried his hardest to impress Rosalina-Sama. Don't know if he succeeded or not but its just a very sappy story about a cowardly man who's in the shadow of his much popular, brave and noble older brother trying his best to finally have a chance at acknowledgement from a girl of his own

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So does Kirby
Example
Squeak Squad;
He raids a castle
Nearly kills the king
Eradicates an ENTIRE ARMY OF MICE WITH ADVANCED MACHINERY AND BRUTE STRENGTH
KILLS A GHOST (SOMETHING THAT'S ALREADY DEAD)
KILLS A DEMON OF PURE DARKNESS IN SPACE FOR LIKE THE 5TH TIME
FOR A SINGLE, SMALL SLICE OF STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
The lesson here kids is Don't **** with a witch Hungry Pink Puffball that's about to eat Cake.

Ivander

Smash Legend
That really wouldn't work. Lightning uses a one-handed Gunblade while Cloud wields a giant 2-hander sword. I mean, even if Lightning has a Cloud costume in Lightning Returns, it doesn't mean it would work for Cloud.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You want to know where I got the idea of the topic?

But actually... No...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
No matter how hard square-enix try.Lightning will never be as popular as Cloud or Terra.At this point there just making more and more people dislike her by forcing us down our throats.
You want to know where I got the idea of the topic?

But actually... No...
this isn't helping her case

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
IIRC, Lighting almost got into PSABR because Square wanted her in, but she got the boot due to licensing issues.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean I don't see why a Lightning Alt wouldn't work for Cloud given the costume.

For those of you who aren't aware, the costumes in Lightning Returns are not just aesthetic, nor are the weapons. They change how she fights.

Since the Cloud get-up and Buster Sword literally make her fight like Cloud, she'd work just fine as a Cloud alt, if you wanted to do it for fun. I mean Zack would be my first choice for a Cloud character alt, but I honestly would like a Lightning one too.

No matter how hard square-enix try.Lightning will never be as popular as Cloud or Terra.At this point there just making more and more people dislike her by forcing us down our throats.

this isn't helping her case
No she isn't forced, she's legitimately really popular.

Square Enix use her because she sells.

Just like they did with Cloud.

And lol she's way more popular in the mainstream than Terra. Terra is beloved in the core fanbase, but in terms of the mainstream audience, she's "literally who?" tier.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Let's put it this way...

Cross-dressing Cloud>>>Lightning... :p

----

FYI...I don't actually dislike Lightning

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I mean I don't see why a Lightning Alt wouldn't work for Cloud given the costume.

For those of you who aren't aware, the costumes in Lightning Returns are not just aesthetic, nor are the weapons. They change how she fights.

Since the Cloud get-up and Buster Sword literally make her fight like Cloud, she'd work just fine as a Cloud alt, if you wanted to do it for fun. I mean Zack would be my first choice for a Cloud character alt, but I honestly would like a Lightning one too.

No she isn't forced, she's legitimately really popular.

Square Enix use her because she sells.

Just like they did with Cloud.

And lol she's way more popular in the mainstream than Terra. Terra is beloved in the core fanbase, but in terms of the mainstream audience, she's "literally who?" tier.
He's right actually.

She's actually insanely popular in Japan, which is why she appears in so much promotional material... I can actually see her happening as an alt...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
LMAOOOOOOO
You know how idiots are claiming Fates was butchered by memes so they'll get the accurate fan translation?

NOW THIS IS AN OUT OF PLACE MEME
How is that a meme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom