• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
the attack helicopter joke isn't rooted in transphobia

also the holocaust wasn't rooted in antisemitism
I know the point you're trying to make, but isn't invoking Godwin's Law a little. . .counterintuitive considering the reputation said law has?

I think the point would be better made with a more recent and less extreme example of discrimination, preferably not the Civil Rights Movement simply on the grounds that comparing things to the Civil Rights Movement has been done to death.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 97688
From Waifu Simulator to Laifu Simulator

WHAT
Yveltal is an assist
And Mismagius
And Reshiram
WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME?
Still assists are nice. You get to say that pokemon in the pokken style and it can still help fight alongside you. But Yyuvetal would be pretty awesome as a playable character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh my gosh.

Street Fighter V is so fun to play.

Guys, I'm gushing. I haven't gushed about a game in ages.

It's just THAT fun. Especially with friends.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So it appears the 16 fighters we already know is what we're getting (unless there's surprises on the way).

I'm actually fine with if that's it.

D

Deleted member

Still assists are nice. You get to say that pokemon in the pokken style and it can still help fight alongside you. But Yyuvetal would be pretty awesome as a playable character.
I'm not disappointed though
Because this is exactly how I wish assists worked in Smash
It would make for a better "consolation prize" imo

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh, and Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow are now visible on the Nintendo 3DS eShop now (can't buy yet). They cost $9.99 each.

And each version has 3 different releases: In English, Spanish, and French, so make sure you pick the right language before you buy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So it appears the 16 fighters we already know is what we're getting (unless there's surprises on the way).

Plus, even if we wanted to add in all the leftover Smash Playable characters, that'd be 5 more. Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, and Greninja. I do like the idea of all of them as they all have potentially fun moveset. As for using Greninja and Jigglypuff, that's just a matter of timing, using those who are in the latest fighting game that has Pokemon in it.

D

Deleted member

I still believe we're getting more 4 Pokemon
Though I doubt it will be any of the Smash ones
And if we go by the other reveals, we should get one this month

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Maybe but regular mewtwo has still not be unlocked, and any new characters are probably being embargoed. We will jjust have to wait and see though.

D

Deleted member

The wait for Fates is killing me
I could play some of the GBA games to waste time but I'd have to set up my computer and I'm a lazy ass *****
The other option is to play Awakening
Or to socialize
But I also suck at that
Maybe but regular mewtwo has still not be unlocked, and any new characters are probably being embargoed. We will jjust have to wait and see though.
Nintendo Life had both Mewtwos unlocked tho

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still believe we're getting more 4 Pokemon
Though I doubt it will be any of the Smash ones
And if we go by the other reveals, we should get one this month
Agreed...the CSS arranged as is has 4 slots remaining...if the Mewtwos were the only characters left it would be arranged differently for aesthetic purposes...otherwise that'll be ugly AF if left as is...

However it is set to be released in 1 month from today so the reveals could be held off for later on...I wouldn't be surprised if they held one of them off until just a couple days before release just to keep us guessing....

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pokken seems like it will see DLC support so I am not gonna fret over the roster or CSS.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed...the CSS arranged as is has 4 slots remaining...if the Mewtwos were the only characters left it would be arranged differently for aesthetic purposes...otherwise that'll be ugly AF if left as is...

However it is set to be released in 1 month from today so the reveals could be held off for later on...I wouldn't be surprised if they held one of them off until just a couple days before release just to keep us guessing....
Also, aren't these beta CSS'? It could still change for the final release.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, do we have footage of Braixen, Mewtwo and Garchomp's super moves? We haven't seen those yet
I forgot about those. I only remembered Burst.

BTW, do you know of any picture that is basically Kabuterimon as an Armor for a human? I need it for a Digimon roleplay. Mostly I don't want to have to edit a Kamen Rider sprite to get the same effect, if only to avoid too much OC-designs.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also, aren't these beta CSS'? It could still change for the final release.
It could...its been changing constantly over the course of development as more characters were added, so if this is it they can make the final adjustments before it is released....

However it'll still look nicer with the extra 4 pokes added as a screen of 21 spaces arranges nicer than one of 17...(including the random icon of course)...having at least 20 playable pokemon is fair for the first in the series IMO...but then again I can't be too upset since I got Garchomp, Sceptile and the best pokemon Weavile; which are as of now my top three that I'll be maining...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The wait for Fates is killing me
I could play some of the GBA games to waste time but I'd have to set up my computer and I'm a lazy *** *****
The other option is to play Awakening
Or to socialize
But I also suck at that

Nintendo Life had both Mewtwos unlocked tho
Oh, even so there could still be limits to what they could show. More characters isn't unlikely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It could...its been changing constantly over the course of development as more characters were added, so if this is it they can make the final adjustments before it is released....

However it'll still look nicer with the extra 4 pokes added as a screen of 21 spaces arranges nicer than one of 17...(including the random icon of course)...having at least 20 playable pokemon is fair for the first in the series IMO...but then again I can't be too upset since I got Garchomp, Sceptile and the best pokemon Weavile; which are as of now my top three that I'll be maining...
I agree. But who knows. Melee, for instance, had an uneven screen. Smash For did as well. 20 is a good number, though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Fates Spoilers
I find it funny that people are comparing the Nohr siblings with step-siblings
When the Hoshido siblings are literally that(Corrin's mother married Sumeragi, the father of the Hoshido siblings)
This makes the whole point of the choice pointless
Because who would you choose?
Your adoptive family you grew up with or a new adoptive family?

Honestly, I don't get why you cut Lucina
She's a clone, she takes less work than any of the FE characters
Or are you cutting her for the sake of it?

Magic swords already did that in the GBA games tho
I cut her because I didn't want FE to be overrepresented.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I forgot about those. I only remembered Burst.

BTW, do you know of any picture that is basically Kabuterimon as an Armor for a human? I need it for a Digimon roleplay. Mostly I don't want to have to edit a Kamen Rider sprite to get the same effect, if only to avoid too much OC-designs.
Euh...I typed up Kabuterimon cosplay, that's good good stuff

D

Deleted member

Where did they say that?
I don't have the link but they said they have no plans for DLC
Pretty sure someone here can find it
I cut her because I didn't want FE to be overrepresented.
Yep
You cut her for the sake of it
So did Namco and sakurai on Smash 4 and let's look how that turned out.
The game was programmed with DLC in mind
The easily expandable CSS proves that
Also, Sakurai said that in 2013, way before they started Mewtwo development

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fates Spoilers
I find it funny that people are comparing the Nohr siblings with step-siblings
When the Hoshido siblings are literally that(Corrin's mother married Sumeragi, the father of the Hoshido siblings)
This makes the whole point of the choice pointless
Because who would you choose?
Your adoptive family you grew up with or a new adoptive family?
If it helps, when I think for family, I think for my real mother who just sacrificed herself to save my life from assassins, if that helps a bit. Cause really, there's nothing wrong about not doing it for your "siblings", but for your mother who died to save you, so in a way, if you're doing it for your mother's sacrifice, you're still technically choosing your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom