• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Am I the only one who is keeping silent about Wolf? I felt at this point, people say that he is a shoe in and puts a release date, but yet when the release dates come, it never happens. If I were those people, I would be on the side of a more "wait and see" crowd. That way, not that much expectations will be lost or no hype would ever lead to disappointment. I may be a fan of Wolf, but I am with that "wait and see" crowd.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i already have a bet with @IntelliHeath1 going on about wolf and why i believe he's not coming.But all feelings aside i wouldn't hate wolf but i think were done with vets and would much rather see a new moveset/character join the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was trying to keep Walkappa's evolution a secret because he evolves so much later than all my other yokai

But I accidentally saw it online

Looks kinda cool. He's going to fit in with the others

Appak, Baddiyan and Cadable being my main dudes

Although I'm not sure speeding up allies actually is too much of an advantage in this game so cadable...I liked his non evolved ability better

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't want to make things personal, but why do you have Pichu in your signature and avatar then?
will of course even i have my bias.But if i had to choose between pichu/wolf or isaac/k rool.I would of course choose the new moveset and i'm sure a lot of people would.Like everybody loves wolf even i like wolf but i feel at this point and time newcomers are what i think we need and what i personally want.

Plus: @KenithTheGatherer Made this and its way too badass to ask him to remake him or replace it

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
will of course even i have my bias.But if i had to choose between pichu/wolf or isaac/k rool.I would of course choose the new moveset and i'm sure a lot of people would.Like everybody loves wolf even i like wolf but i feel at this point and time newcomers are what i think we need and what i personally want.

Plus: @KenithTheGatherer Made this and its way too badass to ask him to remake him or replace it
I vastly prefer newcomers as well. But I doubt Wolf would detract from any essential newcomer development.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't know about that. I just think that what @Burb said about him picking Lucas and Roy as Brawl/Melee vets could very well be true.
Seems an arbitrary distinction really when you consider Roy was not the only Melee vet brought back.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Some of you might have already seen this teaser but I'm still pretty interested that Dory is taking the spotlight in this sequel.
The only Pixar sequel I really am indifferent about is Cars 3 but I really can't judge a film that doesn't even have a proper teaser yet.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lucas being brought back as a brawl vet?

Are people saying Lucas is supposed to represent Brawl?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
No I just checked and the guy who runs it is @Martingale

I also checked his post regarding Layton's VA tweets

Still though, doesn't change the fact that the leak originated from IMDB, that alone makes it fake.
The IMDB actually has little to do in regards to the whole case of Layton. Martingale just asked Layton's voice actor if it was true that he voiced Layton for Smash according to the IMDB which he initially denied, only to come back a few weeks later stating that he may have voiced Layton for Smash 4 after all during a recent session he did but wasn't 100% sure over it.

All the IMDB thing did was getting a fan over to ask the voice actor if him voicing Layton for Smash 4 was really true. Overall it had little to do with the full rumour at hand which is actually still active until we find out who the next set of DLC characters are or we find out what these voice lines are being used for. Whichever comes first.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As it stands now, the DLC characters could be described as:
:4mewtwo: - Heavily requested character and form to start DLC with a bang.
:4lucas::4feroy: - Brawl and Melee veterans, respectively.
:4ryu: - Third-party newcomer for shock value (that didn't went as planned, but still).

Seems an arbitrary distinction really when you consider Roy was not the only Melee vet brought back.
Well, Sakurai did emphasize the fact they were veterans from those respective games on the E3 Smash DLC stream, stating how they were popular characters from those games.

Of course, it may or may not mean anything. Sakurai could once more add Wolf considering his popularity, which was the reason for adding him in Brawl (along with ease of development).

This said, he could be given less priority in favor of newcomers.

At this point, anything could happen. Wolf has clear pros and cons regarding his inclusion. He could be revealed on the next Direct or he may not make it to this game at all.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I think I might be at the final boss of Yo-kai Watch. Just in case I am, here is my final party for the fight.
Yo-kai Friends.jpg

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
As it stands now, the DLC characters could be described as:
:4mewtwo: - Heavily requested character and form to start DLC with a bang.
:4lucas::4feroy: - Brawl and Melee veterans, respectively.
:4ryu: - Third-party newcomer for shock value (that didn't went as planned, but still).

Well, Sakurai did emphasize the fact they were veterans from those respective games on the E3 Smash DLC stream, stating how they were popular characters from those games.

Of course, it may or may not mean anything. Sakurai could once more add Wolf considering his popularity, which was the reason for adding him in Brawl (along with ease of development).

This said, he could be given less priority in favor of newcomers.

At this point, anything could happen. Wolf has clear pros and cons regarding his inclusion. He could be revealed on the next Direct or he may not make it to this game at all.
Why would a character be added for shock value lmao?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why would a character be added for shock value lmao?
Shock value, as in, to surprise players.

If it weren't for the leak, people would've been extremely surprised by Ryu's inclusion.

I'm not saying that was the main reason for his inclusion, but the timing of the announcement, being just before E3, pretty much was played for hype factor.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mewtwo most certainly wasn't brought back because he was even a veteran, much less for the fact he was from Melee. He's freaking Mewtwo.

Especially when they made it a point to specifically mention it when they were revealed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you guys are trying to say Wolf won't get in because Lucas was the Brawl rep...I don't really think that matters

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Shock value, as in, to surprise players.

If it weren't for the leak, people would've been extremely surprised by Ryu's inclusion.

I'm not saying that was the main reason for his inclusion, but the timing of the announcement, being just before E3, pretty much was played for hype factor.
Could every character announcement not be played for hype? But I understand what you're saying now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ryu would have been a really nice surprise if it wasn't for the leak

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
If you guys are trying to say Wolf won't get in because Lucas was the Brawl rep...I don't really think that matters
Yeah it really doesn't matter at all. Especially because Sakurai had previously said something about wishing he could get all the past characters in but he wouldn't be able to due to time constraints. But now that time-constraints aren't a problem and we've already gotten 3 vets as DLC, there's no reason we won't get others. Plus, there might be a method with the ballot. Maybe we'll get the most requested veteran and then 2 newcomers from the ballot. I know it's not a popularity contest but when it comes to veterans... popularity might win in that situation. Obviously if a character Sakurai doesn't want in smash is #1 on the ballot, he'll go with someone else, but considering he wanted to try and get more veterans in, I definitely can see us getting one more veteran. There's nothing in the ballot that specified we'd only be getting newcomers from it, plus Sakurai said the final DLC will be for the fans. If the fans are mainly requesting Wolf as a returning veteran, there's no reason why we wouldn't get him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You SERIOUSLY get in trouble in Yokai walk for J Walking?

Seriously?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why do so many people say "OH THIS IS THE MOST LIKELY DIRECT LIST" to like, every Direct prediction?

"OH YEAH THIS HAS GOTTA BE THE ONE" "THIS IS THE MOST LIKELY"

It's kinda irritating.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Mewtwo was never mentioned to be a Melee vet! I rematch both sets of announcements and trailers, he was always the "fan favorite".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just messaged the girl and asked if I could pay her ticket.

I should have asked when we first saw she got one, and I did think to do it

She met me there...she just wanted to go to subway

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Could every character announcement not be played for hype? But I understand what you're saying now.
Of course, all characters are announced for hype, but Ryu was particularly so.

An Xseed member was banned from Neogaf.

http://operationrainfall.com/2015/11/10/tom-of-xseed-mysteriously-banned-on-neogaf/

I guess I should say again that I hate Neogaf. Simply put, the forums are a hivemind and you're not allow to dissent from the mods or you're banned.
I don't like NeoGaf either. That community has elitist tendencies I find difficult to tolerate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mewtwo was never mentioned to be a Melee vet! I rematch both sets of announcements and trailers, he was always the "fan favorite".
But Lucas and Roy were also labeled fan favorites.

Just because Sakurai didn't exclusively say, Mewtwo was from Super Smash Bros Melee doesn't mean he doesn't see him as such.

Especially since there are several references to his Melee appearance.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am just killing it today

I called my dad to tell him about events. Apparently he was driving

He apparently got pulled over while I was calling him.

I dunno if it's because I called him or not. I'm pretty sure his car has hands free bluetooth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom