• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So you guys remember Ninja Pig Studios, right? Well probably not, but you do remember their now defunct title Meme Run.

Well they're making a new game for the holiday season http://gonintendo.com/stories/24653...bigley-s-revenge-to-wii-u-this-holiday-season
Dammit.

Looks like I gotta make a sequel...

This video is so bittersweet for me. For one, it was my first video that went semi-viral. On the other hand, I never expected it to go anywhere, so I didn't put any effort into it. Then it became the face of my channel for the next 9 months. I STILL get PMs telling me "You weren't dank enough for Meme Run"

Thankful I've had another video overtake that in popularity, but wow. I can't believe he's making another.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nah, his Japanese name is Black face.

...I wish I was joking about that. Japan pls
Well, it technically is Kuroi Face (黒いフェイス). Kuroi does mean black, of course.

It's kind of like how Dark Pit is named Black Pit (ブラックピット) in Japan.

And here is where you can spot a mistranslation.
On the Fallen Arm, the remains of Metal Face are called Black Wreckage in the English translation.

The remains of Fiora's Face are called Silver Wreckage and the Face Nemesis is named Silver Face in the Japanese version.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, changing the subject for a bit...

But would you guys like to see one Smash game at EVO or two?
Ideally, two. The way they handled it this year worked out pretty well.

But realistically, it's probably gonna be one. I think they said there's only gonna be 7 games for 2016?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Ideally, two. The way they handled it this year worked out pretty well.

But realistically, it's probably gonna be one. I think they said there's only gonna be 7 games for 2016?
minimum.
We had two extra games this year iirc.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Half of the Fakemon I see, I wish were actual Pokemon
Some fans can come up with some really cool ideas
I know there was a fangame that was going to be 100% Fakemons, don't remember its name but I played the demo and tried to Nuzlocke it, didn't end well :^)
But there was a ****ing Dark/Ghost Cowboy Pokemon or some **** and that was hella rad
I got it( I believe anyway)

Somberado from pokemon sage, a pokemon fangame developed by 4chan users. Very early beta( one gym) but very good so far, they are actively working on it.

Soul.

So, changing the subject for a bit...

But would you guys like to see one Smash game at EVO or two?
2, unless they can't put the other game on the lineup, which would be Smash 4.
I don't think they can take Melee out of the lineup lol.

But in all seriousness, if they could put both Melee and Smash 4 in the lineup that'd be great.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I always said they should of made a Tripping mode.
Beat the PM team to Project B :awesome:
Or just give Diddy Infinity Banana. That will be a true Tripping Mode.
kappa.png

Anyway, i have to go to bed. But before i go. I recommend to anyone who like/love Ace Attorney to listen this song.
You won't regret it. ;) On those word, good night to all! :)

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So... wasn't there a 4chan leak that explained a Nov 12 direct in detail last week?

yeah... http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/315466694/nintendo-direct-on-november-12th
I mean it's probably just a BS coincidence since people are constantly "leaking" directs so obviously one of them is going to luck out and pick the right date. But if that's actually what's happening, that is one friggin hype Direct.

note: I scrolled down out of curiosity and people are claiming it's the same text as another leak that claimed a different date so... even more-so probably BS. Still... one can dream.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So... wasn't there a 4chan leak that explained a Nov 12 direct in detail last week?

yeah... http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/315466694/nintendo-direct-on-november-12th
I mean it's probably just a BS coincidence since people are constantly "leaking" directs so obviously one of them is going to luck out and pick the right date. But if that's actually what's happening, that is one friggin hype Direct.
Already dead, since Nintendo confirmed there won't be any info on mobile stuff.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

They won't talk about mobile games, but if everything else in there actually happened, it would indeed be an amazing Direct.

D

Deleted member

So, I had a dream about the Nintendo Direct. Sakurai revealed that ZeRo was teaching him to play some games, like Shovel Knight and this game called "Yarne Epic" about a kid with green hair.
The Direct finished so I was expecting the trailer of Shovel Knight. The smash logo for smash trailers came up. It showed some sports trophy and a Mii on skates while his face was changing rapidly. Then it stopped and said DARTH VADER with the splash screen, then continued to change his face.
I assumed it was about another type of Mii Fighter based on sports and I woke up.
I'll have some of whatever you are having
I know this one!!! Damn, I can't remember it. It's name was like desperado and the guy that used it was your rival. I played this, but can't rememer the name. I have to find this now!
The guy stole your rival's starter, which made him/her to be downgraded to the Bianca/Shauna position lol :p

Somberado from pokemon sage, a pokemon fangame developed by 4chan users. Very early beta( one gym) but very good so far, they are actively working on it.
**** yeah, that was him
The ****** was OP early game who the **** thought it was a good idea to give this to him in the first fight

They still only got one gym done? I played it last year and the demo was on that
I want to see this project done because I really wanna play it

Soul.

Personally my EVO lineup would be this:

1. Street Fighter V
2. UMvC3
3. Mortal Kombat X
4. Anime fighter
5. Killer Instinct
6. Melee
7. Smash 4

That's only if 7 games are allowed. I forgot about Tekken 7(?) but I don't know if I should replace Marvel with it because as far as I know the game's been dying competitively for a long time now.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I highly doubt Smash 4 is gonna be dropped in EVO 2016. It's still a very fresh game and it got the second most entrants at the entire event.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'll have some of whatever you are having

The guy stole your rival's starter, which made him/her to be downgraded to the Bianca/Shauna position lol :p

**** yeah, that was him
The ****** was OP early game who the **** thought it was a good idea to give this to him in the first fight

They still only got one gym done? I played it last year and the demo was on that
I want to see this project done because I really wanna play it
Yeah I lost 3 types to that thing, hence why it was still in my memory. But yeah, they've made one update since then, that redid the interface, and they seem to be getting all the pokemon out of the way first before moving on. I hope it gets updated soon, I'd love to see where it goes. This is still a great design from it as well:
Cubzero, an awesome ice cub, with a great name!

Chrono.

I still question why P4U2 and Tekken 7 were main stage games in the first place.

Especially Tekken 7, that game ain't even out for real yet.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Saw these while looking for leaks on 4chan:

They are fake, but really nice designs.
Half of the Fakemon I see, I wish were actual Pokemon
Some fans can come up with some really cool ideas
I know there was a fangame that was going to be 100% Fakemons, don't remember its name but I played the demo and tried to Nuzlocke it, didn't end well :^)
But there was a ****ing Dark/Ghost Cowboy Pokemon or some **** and that was hella rad
I remember before Trevenant's name was revealed someone thought to call it "Hickorytreet". This pun. Oh man. This pun would have been PERFECT. You have the Hickory and Tree in there to show it's a Grass type and the "Trick or Treat" sound to exemplify the fact that it's part Ghost. I'm ashamed no one thought of this during localization.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wondering if it might be best to get an eshop voucher as I don't want a repeat of that awful Roy/Ryu/Lucas dealie. Even if there are no characters then it's not as if the voucher can't go on other thangs.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Already dead, since Nintendo confirmed there won't be any info on mobile stuff.
Yeah honestly the first part with "Smash Ballot, 6 characters 3 right after direct" instantly made me think BS, but then the rest of it was pretty dialed down so there was that slight hint of "..eh... maybe?"

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
If there is a Mii costume for Smash I want to see, it's Captain Commando for Brawler. I thought he would be an awesome edition for the Mii Fighters.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
NINTENDO DIRECT???

Thank goodness it's when I don't have to work.

Some of my predictions:
  • Supper Smesh Broth DLC (maybe Ballot content)
  • Splatoon news
  • Super Mario Maker news
  • A final goodbye to Iwata... :sadeyes:
  • New download-only titles
  • New amiibo (GIMME SKINNY PURPLE WARIO, DAMN IT!)

This is now my new favorite pokemon. That's som good ****.

"Pre-med doesnt exist!" - my honors teacher.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's not Freddy Kreuger. It's Freddy Fazbear. :troll:
Because FNAF is totally going to be revealed for Wii U in the Direct.
Real talk a FNAf where you have to actually move the sceen in front of your face might work as a WiiU enhanced edition.

Scott is busy with FNAF world so it won't happen.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm here and I heard about the Direct! Awesome! Who knowns what Smash DLC character we can get? Maybe we can get Wolf? Maybe Dixie? Maybe the Inklings? Perhaps even a certain earth-themed fighter in blue with great Western fan demands and with a Smashified artwork?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom