• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smashing Sale Week 4: DK, Kirby, Pikmin, Pac-Man, Star Fox and Animal Crossing!

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I kind of want Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. At the same time, it doesn't interest me enough.

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
I loved it, but now that New Leaf is out it's not really anything special anymore.
Animal Crossing has always been that special kinda game series to me
Me and my friend would always say eff homework and immediately after school went to my house and played Animal Crossing til my mom made him leave and it was rad and I loved it

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit
I'm not sure why anyone would purchase even a $30 game on the eshop when you're getting no physical value. The money you spend on the game is lost forever. I'd rather get a very good complete copy of Tropical Freeze for $37 shipped on ebay and sell it down the road for $25.

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
I'm not sure why anyone would purchase even a $30 game on the eshop when you're getting no physical value. The money you spend on the game is lost forever. I'd rather get a very good complete copy of Tropical Freeze for $37 shipped on ebay and sell it down the road for $25.
Depends on the game for me really
Not gonna buy something like NES Remix physically so why not get it cheaper on e shop

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Having trouble deciding if I want to drop money on AC: New Leaf or DK: Tropical Freeze, because even though I've wanted those games forever, Hyrule Warriors comes out tomorrow...
:4zelda::4link::4ganondorf:

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Soo is Tropical Freeze any good? Somebody tell me if I should buy it!!! Should I expand dong? That's a nice price tho

Having trouble deciding if I want to drop money on AC: New Leaf or DK: Tropical Freeze, because even though I've wanted those games forever, Hyrule Warriors comes out tomorrow...
:4zelda::4link::4ganondorf:
Most def need Hyrule Warriors dude.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Soo is Tropical Freeze any good? Somebody tell me if I should buy it!!! Should I expand dong? That's a nice price tho

Tropical Freeze is one of, if not the best Wii U games. Period. If you played any of the original Donkey Kong Country games, you should love it. It's a very good game, and it's by Retro Studios!!!

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion

By far the best 2D platformer I've ever played. The level variety is amazing.

Last edited:

Admiral Mikey

Smash Rookie
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Star Fox 64 3D are each on sale for $30...

One of those seems like a really good deal, and the other seems like a really bad deal.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I just got Star Fox 64 3D, few days ago... Oh well!

Last edited:

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
Oh my gosh, AC:NL at 19.99? I've had my doubts buying it since I think SSB4 would have DLC content of $20.00, but now, heck yeah!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Meh, would've been more happy if they put back the original DKC trilogy on the VC for a lower price. I might buy one Kirby game thoufh.

beestmode

Smash Cadet
That's pretty awesome that Nintendo would give sales to the other games based off of the ssb4 characters. I really enjoy that they would do that :)

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
Kind of sad to see the lack of pikmin hype here. Pikmin 3 is my favorite Wii U game yet, it's gorgeous, has a great story and hilarious writing, highly innovative tight and fun game play, LOADS of content for days and days, and an amazing soundtrack! I recommend playing with the wii remote and nunchuck combo.

And to those who miss the game cube c stick option I have completely forgotten it (and I was an avid user of that in previous titles). I swear by this game, it is QUALITY.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Animal Crossing is a good comparison, yeah. It's different every time none of them are direct sequels to each other. Though New Leaf felt the most like one admittedly.
New Leaf felt a lot like City Folk in my opinion
But I'm kinda biased i guess grew up playing literally nothing but the original from age like 12-now
Eh, I'd argue that City Folk was too similar to Wild World and added a lot of inconvenience to the game. New Leaf though. Now that'srefreshing a familiar experience! :4villager:

Anyways, this sale is overall better than the last week. A lot of notable highsellers and high acclaimed. Some places such as Pac-Man lack more notable titles, but much less so Kirby.

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
Eh, I'd argue that City Folk was too similar to Wild World and added a lot of inconvenience to the game. New Leaf though. Now that'srefreshing a familiar experience! :4villager:

Anyways, this sale is overall better than the last week. A lot of notable highsellers and high acclaimed. Some places such as Pac-Man lack more notable titles, but much less so Kirby.
New Leaf is EXTREMELY streamlined though
It cuts out a lot of the waiting for things
Major example: In the first one you have to send fossils in the mail and wait a day to see what they were and it was like "oh damn i wonder what it is"
New Leaf is just like "Oh take it to Blathers"

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
That fossil examination method has been present since Wild World. IMO, it saves you a lot of unnecessary time and mail clutter. Especially when you consider the increasing chances of encountering duplicates and the Bells cost to constantly buying stationary.

Last edited:

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
If only I had waited to get New Leaf....I bought it as soon as it came out... I had no idea it'd be that cheap.....

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Well of these Donkey Kong country is probably the most tempting.

Top Bottom