• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smashing Sale Week 3: Pokemon, Metroid and Mii

Narpas_sword

Good for them. Doesn't change the fact that many people are dissatisfied with the lineup. Especially those who are fencey about purchasing particular games.

Discount higher value games like Pokémon X/Y or Tomadachi Life and I guarantee you Nintendo would gain more profit than from what's offered.
Want to post up your accounting degree to back up this guarantee?

or how about you just go back to being another 19yearold who thinks he knows how to run the world

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Want to post up your accounting degree to back up this guarantee?

or how about you just go back to being another 19yearold who thinks he knows how to run the world
What? That logic is pretty sound. More popular games like X&Y and Tomodachi Life are more likely to attract sales in general over games like Pokemon Rumble. If you offer them at a lower cost, you'll attract even more people who are like "Well, I haven't gotten this game yet, might as well get it now since it's cheap"

This is why Steam does so well. Half the games in my library are games I wouldn't have bought at full retail price but did during a Steam sale since they were cheap and I might eventually want to play the game.

Nintendo would have to discount pretty hard to make a loss on Pokemon. And even if it's a $5 price drop from a $40 game, $35 is a better sale than $0, especially when there is no loss of hardware. Downloadable titles are a boon for game makers as it costs them less but selling at the same retail price.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
so you know about the long term damages caused by lowering the value of your product?
In a temporary sale? No, there are none. It's not like these are the permanent prices. Much of the point of a sale is to get people who are not willing to pay full price to purchase the product.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Those Wii Fit and Gates to Infinity discounts; Nintendo wants us to get fit while we have feels with the Mystery Dungeon history ;__;

Narpas_sword

Of course there are, you just said it in the next part of your sentence...

You have a group of people not willing to pay the full price, who then, after feeling good they waited for a sale, will continue to always do so with future titles. People who recently pay full price are then feeling bad, because they 'lost out' and will also start to wait for price drops.

There's a time and a place for discounting, and i'm sure the people who are in charge of it know exactly when THEY NEED IT. not some kid on a forum who thinks it should be cheaper.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Of course there are, you just said it in the next part of your sentence...

You have a group of people not willing to pay the full price, who then, after feeling good they waited for a sale, will continue to always do so with future titles. People who recently pay full price are then feeling bad, because they 'lost out' and will also start to wait for price drops.

There's a time and a place for discounting, and i'm sure the people who are in charge of it know exactly when THEY NEED IT. not some kid on a forum who thinks it should be cheaper.
You've got the wrong frame of reference here. These people are often the types who weren't going to buy it anyway and did so because it was on sale. An improvement from 0-intent to buy to bought is a major improvement. Again, a $35 sale is a better outcome than no sale at all. You're discouraging sales which is just incorrect. If your logic was sound, then Black Friday wouldn't be a thing.

And again. Nintendo is still making a profit with discounted downloads because they don't have to pay the middleman. There's no downside financially for the business. Especially since X&Y are about a year old now... They've been out longer than Mario 3D World has, and it was on sale on the Mario portion of the Smashing Sale.

SuperLuigiTheIntalian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sagablitz
Speaking of Pokemon and Smash Bros:

In a memory of Mewtwo.

November 21, 2001 - January 31, 2008

You will be missed and never forgotten.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I'd like to see Gen 1 or 2 go up for sale on the eShop. Then I can finally play them without having put up with that GODAWFUL SAVE BATTERY. HATE THAT THING, HATE THAT THING, HATE THAT THING--

sorry, got into a rant there. whoops.

Pee-Gcuatro20

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pee-G.quatro20
3DS FC
3540-1271-4845
Never even heard of some of those pokemon games so how are those games the ones who made them popular? They reallyneedto
Re think these deals

Last edited:
Top Bottom