• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smashing Sale Week 3: Pokemon, Metroid and Mii

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Nintendo has rotated their weekly eShop sale to three new franchises: Pokemon, Metroid and Wii Fit/Miis. For those looking to add these franchises to their Wii U or eShop collections, act fast - these deals will only last for one week! Take a look below to see what games have been discounted.

Pokemon

Metroid and Wii Fit
This sale is not quite as robust as the previous week, but still has some excellent deals - Wii Fit U for 19.99 is quite the steal. Next week will feature Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox, Pikmin, Pac-Man and Animal Crossing, so don't forget to check in to read about next week's sale as well.

Read the full press release at the official Nintendo website.

Will you be investing in any of these titles? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

Pokemon Battle Trozei is calling The Derrit's name. Encourage his spending habits on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This is quite possibly one of the most disappointing cats ever. Not even X&Y off like $5. Or Super Metroid. Or Fusion. I also like how they're lumping the Miis in with Wii Fit... I guess it counts but if we count Miis being in a game for every game then like Mario Kart as well

:/ I had been looking forward to this one. Hopefully they add to it.

No Metroid fusion or super on that list. Kind of dissapointed when it's already on the eshop. . .
Also Miis just don't have a game lol

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
They're probably going to do another leg of this sale with the Wii U release. Remember, there have been lots of obvious titles missing every week!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Hm... I'm thinking the Pokémon games look the most appealing. I think I'll get the Battle Trozei game. It looks cute... although after tomorrow I don't predict I'll be doing much other than playing the Smash Bros 3DS Demo... :)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The only Metroid game on sale is the original Metroid, which is the only game where Ridley isn't big.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No Tomodachi Life sale?

Someone does not know what they are doing when deciding this.

Lame.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Don't get me wrong Nintendo, I am gracious that you are putting your Pokemon Spin Off games at lowered prices, but could you please do the same for Pokemon X and Y?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
What an embarrassment. Why even bother having a sale at all?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Surprised that X&Y isn't on there. Oh well, I guess I'll wait until next week...

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Pokemon games remain at high prices even when they've been out for years. It's not a surprise that no main series games went on sale. Mystery Dungeon seems interesting, I loved Sky, but the slow dialogue and limited Pokémon options really have turned me off from getting it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What an embarrassment. Why even bother having a sale at all?
So people can get some eShop games at a lower price they can. You know, people who only have a couple bucks to spare.

To some people, $3 is a big difference. I'm sorry if the original Metroid, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, or Wii Fit U disappoint you. If it does disappoint you, then done buy it, and move on.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Complain Complain Rabble Rabbble, I'm disappointed but it's not like I'm mad. Cheaper stuff is cheaper.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So people can get some eShop games at a lower price they can. You know, people who only have a couple bucks to spare.

To some people, $3 is a big difference. I'm sorry if the original Metroid, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, or Wii Fit U disappoint you. If it does disappoint you, then done buy it, and move on.
Good for them. Doesn't change the fact that many people are dissatisfied with the lineup. Especially those who are fencey about purchasing particular games.

Discount higher value games like Pokémon X/Y or Tomadachi Life and I guarantee you Nintendo would gain more profit than from what's offered.

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
This is such an awful week of sales. Last week had at least 3 amazing AAA titles, but this one is ridiculous. Couldn't give us Pokemon X/Y, Tomodachi Life, or a decent Metroid?

Shog

Smash Ace
Pokemon games remain at high prices even when they've been out for years. It's not a surprise that no main series games went on sale. Mystery Dungeon seems interesting, I loved Sky, but the slow dialogue and limited Pokémon options really have turned me off from getting it.
I bought Black and White 2 new(retail) each for 10€ ... that is like 12$ I think. Stop pretending that is true for everything

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I bought Black and White 2 new(retail) each for 10€ ... that is like 12$ I think. Stop pretending that is true for everything
It's because Pokemon Gen 5 is **** tier
Not quite trolling

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wow, that's fairly lucky. Or maybe it's just a UK thing. Gamestop is still selling Pokémon Black 2 for $34.99 new and Pokémon Diamond for $39.99 used. I'm not pretending- I'm just saying what I know!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Wow, that's fairly lucky. Or maybe it's just a UK thing. Gamestop is still selling Pokémon Black 2 for $34.99 new and Pokémon Diamond for $39.99 used. I'm not pretending- I'm just saying what I know!
Dude HG/SS is like $50 at Gamestop last I checked. I guess Nintendo didn't quite make enough for large circulation.

Like MVC2 or dotHack. Expensive due to rarity.

Shog

Smash Ace
Dude HG/SS is like $50 at Gamestop last I checked. I guess Nintendo didn't quite make enough for large circulation.

I bought HG/SS for 20€ it was an action in an electronic market for a short time...
man gamestop sucks, why do american go and buy their **** there? Are they tools or what?
And the guy which said it is a UK thing...right...a UK thing...a country which has pounds suddenly buys with €...okay

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

You're probably right. Why reprint Pokémon games when a new one comes out every year?

I bought HG/SS for 20€ it was an action in an electronic market for a short time...
man gamestop sucks, why do american go and buy their **** there? Are they tools or what?
And the guy which said it is a UK thing...right...a UK thing...a country which has pounds suddenly buys with €...okay
Gamestop is not that bad- it's expensive everywhere around here. It's not like I can go to Target, because they won't have it. Even is charging almost $55 for a new Pokémon Black 2 here.

And don't bash people for mixing up things from other people's cultures. I'm not going to laugh at you for thinking that Texas Rangers are a hockey team or for spelling color with a "u." Typing between matches of Smash Bros 3DS, I just happened to mistake that for a pound sign. I'm a well-read guy, but I have no reason to be looking at the prices of anything in Europe, so how would I know? I get the idea of having a worldly outlook, and I understand correcting someone's mistake, but there's a difference between saying something nicely and putting someone down.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
People go because it's all about games, I go to Amazon or Walmart. lol.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Good for them. Doesn't change the fact that many people are dissatisfied with the lineup. Especially those who are fencey about purchasing particular games.

Discount higher value games like Pokémon X/Y or Tomadachi Life and I guarantee you Nintendo would gain more profit than from what's offered.
Complaining that you can't buy what you want at a discount because they're selling other things at a discount is pretty dumb, even if 'many people' are doing it.

Top Bottom