• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Dang it, I missed the direct. #sadface
Heard some characters got tweaked moves. Any tweaks on Sora?
Yes.
  • Firaga is gone due to not fitting with his intended playstyle of "lots and lots of combos, very few finishers".
  • Strike Raid has been moved to Neutral Special.
    • Strike Raid now has a shorter range, but hits multiple times and sends the opponent towards Sora at the end.
  • His new side special is Flowmotion from Dream Drop Distance. It starts with a glide and ends with one of five follow up attacks based on the direction held.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
He got a new N-Special, being flowmotion. It's a attack when if landed on a opponent it can lead up to more combo opportunities. His original N-Special has been changed to his Side Special and brings opponents in when they are at certain percentages, a good combo starter too it seems like. However the range of it has been brought down and Fire has been removed.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
He got a new N-Special, being flowmotion. It's a attack when if landed on a opponent it can lead up to more combo opportunities. His original N-Special has been changed to his Side Special and brings opponents in when they are at certain percentages, a good combo starter too it seems like. However the range of it has been brought down and Fire has been removed.
You got it a bit mixed up there.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Cool, cool..... *sees flowmotion* COOLCOOLCOOL. *sees online mode/release date* OMGTHISISGONNABESOAWESOMEICANTWAITIWLLPWNEVERYONEONLINE.
Update looks great overall. Much optimism. Sora looks pretty op with that flowmotion, I'll have to admit. :p

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Okay, here's the legal stage list - the same one as in v0.9a (except for Sky Sanctuary, which had an element tweaked), as the new stages in 0.9b are banned.

STARTER
  • Battlefield
  • N64: Dream Land
  • Final Destination
  • Nintendo 3DS (Hazard switch OFF)
  • Pokémon Stadium 3
  • Brawl: Smashville
  • Brawl: WarioWare, Inc. (Hazard switch OFF)
  • Melee: Yoshi's Story
  • Jungle Hijinx (Hazard switch OFF)
  • Tower of Salvation (Hazard switch OFF)
  • Brawl: Castle Siege (Hazard switch OFF)
  • Mirror Chamber (Hazard swith OFF)

COUNTERPICK
  • Project M: Dracula's Castle
  • Yoshi's Island (SSF2)
  • Lunar Core (Hazard switch OFF)
  • Central Highway (Hazard switch ON)
  • Sky Sanctuary Zone (Hazard switch OFF)

Appropriate gif. is appropriate..
For those passerby who still don't know yet, that's Cleod's face on there.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm a little worried about McLeodGaming giving the demo a release date. I mean it's not bad but more of risky. I've been following Super Smash Flash 2 ever since they released the very first demo (7 years ago) and in the past things never ran smoothly when a release date was given for a demo. Problems included eager fans would be in a huge uproar when it took too long to release as promised (one time a demo came the second hour of the day after the promised date). And with this GIANT inclusion of registering hundreds and hundreds of online accounts worries me more.

I'm still super excited for this demo but there's a reason why I prefer McLeodGaming to not include release dates on demos.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I'm a little worried about McLeodGaming giving the demo a release date. I mean it's not bad but more of risky. I've been following Super Smash Flash 2 ever since they released the very first demo (7 years ago) and in the past things never ran smoothly when a release date was given for a demo. Problems included eager fans would be in a huge uproar when it took too long to release as promised (one time a demo came the second hour of the day after the promised date). And with this GIANT inclusion of registering hundreds and hundreds of online accounts worries me more.

I'm still super excited for this demo but there's a reason why I prefer McLeodGaming to not include release dates on demos.
They had a hard enough time getting the stream going and there was still lag on the gameplay.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm going to wait until the afternoon before I check. I don't want to rush the servers.

And I am so angry at Kotaku right now. Yes, they gave SSF2 exposure... but they focused on the living relics, the four characters most likely to drive new players away. Argh. And they called it a stripped-down Brawl, which simply isn't true...

(A quick reminder, if you haven't yet set up your controller configuration, do it now!)

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
They had a hard enough time getting the stream going and there was still lag on the gameplay.
The stream was 720p and Twitch didn't give downscaling options to viewers so some machines/connections couldn't handle it. I watched it, though, and it was full speed the entire time.

We're running ahead of schedule, so *knocks on wood* we should be fine this time so long as our online database doesn't give us trouble. We gave a release date instead of a release time which should also help.

I'm going to wait until the afternoon before I check. I don't want to rush the servers.

And I am so angry at Kotaku right now. Yes, they gave SSF2 exposure... but they focused on the living relics, the four characters most likely to drive new players away. Argh. And they called it a stripped-down Brawl, which simply isn't true...
Don't be angry! Kotaku gave us like 50k views on the Direct alone (and counting)!

People are checking us out, at least. It's good to get more attention. I'd rather someone watch the Direct/read the article and decide the game sucks than to never hear of it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Don't be angry! Kotaku gave us like 50k views on the Direct alone (and counting)!

People are checking us out, at least. It's good to get more attention. I'd rather someone watch the Direct/read the article and decide the game sucks than to never hear of it.
I'm just worried about a hundred "weeaboos must die"-types of users running around and storming the place. I mean even more than they already do. And judging from the comments of the article, that's exactly what's about to happen. I can see the DDoS attacks already... (Why, yes, I am toxically cynical, why do you ask.)

By the way, um... I've been trying to do damage control on Miiverse and TVTropes by telling people that Goku, Naruto, and Ichigo are only still in because they were programmed before the roster change... Is that entirely accurate, or am I just misunderstanding something Kiki said a long time ago?

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Firaga has been cut, Strike Raid moved to neutral b and sends opponents towards you. new side-b called flowmotion. Sends sora plunging towards opponents and can hit them with five different attacks depending on which direction you hold. So yeah, Sora has been changed.

Edit: Ok so that comment was from yesterday, not today. Well then.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Firaga has been cut, Strike Raid moved to neutral b and sends opponents towards you. new side-b called flowmotion. Sends sora plunging towards opponents and can hit them with five different attacks depending on which direction you hold. So yeah, Sora has been changed.
Liiiiittle late to the party there. :p

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
So, when is it going to be put up on the site today?
I'm an impatient little smasher...

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It is after noon here.
IMPATIENCE ESCALATES.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
GGGUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

Need.... Smash Flash...... NEED IT NOW! *Rolls and scratches like a wild animal on the floor*

*Sips some anti-psychotics*

Y'all take your time, guys.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
From official McLeodGaming Facebook page:

"Today's the day! Don't expect the update until later in the night, a few of our developers are still at their real-life jobs!"

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yeah, respect the people that have ACTUAL LIVES (unlike a small% of us)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Looking at the thread title, someone should tell Cleod that "Hello, beautiful. Come play." would make a good slogan for MG.

I'm also making a printable instruction manual to help the game feel more like a console game. Of course I can't finish it without the current version being out, but at least I can get started :p

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On Facebook MLG posted a confirmed couple hour delay. Either wake up to see the demo or man up and download in the middle of the night.

I had a feeling this was going to happen but it's not the end of the world. Oh well.

See y'all tomorrow.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On Facebook MLG posted a confirmed couple hour delay. Either wake up to see the demo or man up and download in the middle of the night.

I had a feeling this was going to happen but it's not the end of the world. Oh well.

See y'all tomorrow.
I figured as much.

Top Bottom