• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 Receives Patch To Improve Online Performance

CSWooly

Smash Cadet
NNID
WulfenGale
The game isn't bad, it's just that most of the movesets usually look like modified Brawl ones, like with Pikachu or Kirby, in addition to some of the characters looking like Brawl (Mario, Link, Zelda, Kirby). Also, I believe that Kirby got brawlified, I know the Mario is new, but that Kirby looks like an improved version of the classic.

As for the mid-point thing, I must've overlooked that part, thanks for informing me about it! Also, I noted the Gameplay/Stages part on my compliments list.
We have a brawl hater over here

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
Never got into SSF2. The gameplay reminds me too much of Brawl.

I prefer Crusade. I just wish the graphics were a bit better in that one. The gameplay is top notch though... Minus some jank hitboxes.
The gameplay is awful. Its stiff, imprecise, clunky

NOT TO MENTION THE HORRENDOUS CRUSADE STYLE AIRDODGE.

Why am I caps locking that? You can cancel neutral b charges such as dk and mewtwo into the crusade airdodge.

Then start another charge.

Then another airdodge

Rinse and ****ing repeat.

When characters can literally loop around ****ing TEMPLE, we have an issue.

Also mewtwo is literally the most broken character in the game, especially with crusade airdodge.

Hover nair into double jump hover nair into airdodge hover nair into telehover nair, Emukiller would have a ****ing blast if the wavedashing wasnt so ****ty, and that pertains to melee and crusade airdodges, for all characters. Not to mention spikes are practically non existant.

Pretty sure I missed alot of bugs. The last time SSF2 had major gamebreaking bugs, was in v0.5 at best. If anything, the game is closer to melee than brawl anyways. Much faster, practically lagless aerials due to the automatic L-cancelling, alot more precise and crisp controls even for keyboard.

If I can jab my opponent then just stall with shadowball charge and airdodge either at the top of the blast zone or at the bottom of the stage, I can't exactly call that "top notch" gameplay.

That just shouldn't exist in general. That's just bad design.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a sentence has ever confused me more in my entire life... in what way? Looks nothing like Brawl. Plays nothing like Brawl. The only Brawl thing is the airdodges.

We're shooting for a mid-point between every game. 64/Meleeish hitstun, Brawl hitlag, Melee gravity, Melee sh height and such, Brawl airdodges, custom menus and music, stages from all games... I don't get at all how you would think we're close to Brawl.
I thought he meant that Super Smash Flash 2 was manifesting as "Brawl 2.0" in terms of the aesthetics/layout rather than the gameplay - for instance, as of Super Smash Flash 2 version 0.9b, Brawl-like elements include: the menu layout before you reach Versus Mode in Super Smash Flash 2 mimics that of Super Smash Bros. Brawl (although that design was largely inspired by/derived from Kirby Air Ride), the designs of Battlefield and Final Destination, some of the choice of music for some stages, and the "stage prefixes" being the stage's game/series of origin (like the format introduced in Super Smash Bros. Brawl).

In any case, Super Smash Flash 2 does seem to be taking on its own identity while at the same time being a mish-mash of the pre-Super Smash Bros. 4 games of the Super Smash Bros. series.. :laugh:

Last edited:

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
Google Xpadder, it's a program that turns joypad inputs into keystrokes and is lagless. It's how I play SSF2 with a 360 remote, but if you have the GC adapter for Wii U I'm sure there's some workaround to play SSF2 with a GC remote.
I have tried finding a version of XPadder for windows 8, but none seem to exist. I really do not feel like paying for this, so I might go with Joy2Key

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
I think the Brawl 2.0 idea is also derived from the fact that stages such as Final Destination and Battlefield are complete Brawl clones. Brawl FD is my least favorite version of the three, so I can see why "Brawl 2.0" was in the cons. With that being said, SSF2 has plenty of Melee-esque AT's which I adore. Falcon and Fox also play great like in Melee. Fox has a great infinity shine with lots of applications.

I set up JoyToKey using the Mayflash WiiU 4port adapter and a Smash edition GC controller. It was a pretty easy as soon as I figured out how to work JoyToKey (the "Bulk Assignment Wizard" option worked best for me). The joystick is a tad iffy since it's emulating keypresses instead of mouse movement, but it works for the most part. It makes dash canceling a breeze since it tends to incorrectly register downarrow. I may want to configure deadzones.

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
I think the Brawl 2.0 idea is also derived from the fact that stages such as Final Destination and Battlefield are complete Brawl clones. Brawl FD is my least favorite version of the three, so I can see why "Brawl 2.0" was in the cons. With that being said, SSF2 has plenty of Melee-esque AT's which I adore. Falcon and Fox also play great like in Melee. Fox has a great infinity shine with lots of applications.

I set up JoyToKey using the Mayflash WiiU 4port adapter and a Smash edition GC controller. It was a pretty easy as soon as I figured out how to work JoyToKey (the "Bulk Assignment Wizard" option worked best for me). The joystick is a tad iffy since it's emulating keypresses instead of mouse movement, but it works for the most part. It makes dash canceling a breeze since it tends to incorrectly register downarrow. I may want to configure deadzones.
They changed final destination and made it original.

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
Wow, that's way different. Btw, how did you get the new patch, did it just come out?

Top Bottom