• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2: Mr. Game And Watch Gets His Game On!

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
SSF2 > Crusade and by far.
SSF2= A great game engine and a constant updating juggernaut with some issues in A.I. and Design
SSBC= A good game with plenty of goodies for the fans, but suffers from quantity over quality at points
SSL= A fine pastime and a polished game, but lacks the continuity of the previous two

This is just my stupid opinion, Please pay no real care to this unless you need a good laugh.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
SSF2= A great game engine and a constant updating juggernaut with some issues in A.I. and Design
SSBC= A good game with plenty of goodies for the fans, but is suffers from quantity over quality at points
SSL= A fine pastime and a polished game, but lacks the continuity of the previous two

This is just my stupid opinion, Please pay no real care to this unless you need a good laugh.
Just playing Devil's Advocate, but SSBC is actually greatly improving its overall quality slowly but surely.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Just playing Devil's Advocate, but SSBC is actually greatly improving its overall quality slowly but surely.
Very true, I've been keeping tabs on its updates and I am happy to see its great strides. Though I feel as if it is still in its earliest phase with overall design. Maybe a sprite polish will improve it to an even greater length.

You make an excellent point as such.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The comments in the Twitch chat right now is so salty, "G&W is the most casual character" like WHAT!?
That's why I don't pay any attention to twitch chats. 70% of the time, they are garbage and in league with YouTube/Yahoo news/Yahoo answers comments.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
That's why I don't pay any attention twitch chats. 70% of the time, they are garbage and in league with YouTube/Yahoo news/Yahoo answers comments.
Hey I resent that! How else was I going to know that the Capital of Egypt is the Eiffel Tower? and that Caps Lock is actually a curse given by Gnome Wizards against naughty children? :p

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Anyways, I'm glad MGW is back. He's alwasys been a zany and obscure addition to the roster. Personally, I prefer that the SSF2 team adds veterans over newcomers. I hope Luigi, Robin, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Lucas, and/or Olimar.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
They're gonna have a lot more in the full release.
Probably not much though this version is the last one before the full one.

There will probably be like 4-5 more, and one of them is obviously Luigi.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, I'm glad MGW is back. He's alwasys been a zany and obscure addition to the roster. Personally, I prefer that the SSF2 team adds veterans over newcomers. I hope Luigi, Robin, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Lucas, and/or Olimar.
Veterans over Newcomers is something I prefer also in terms of fan games (at least until they have a good build with a balanced selection going on.) How do you feel about the Ice Climbers if they were to make an appearance in this game?
Also Cut Characters from previous Smash games I do not mind as well.

FTH

Smash Rookie
The comments in the Twitch chat right now is so salty, "G&W is the most casual character" like WHAT!?
Man, G&W is just a luck character if you use Side B. But i find him pretty good.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's only 2 vets and 2 newcomers I want. As long as they show up in the final product I'll be happy.

UltimaNylocke

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ULTI#211
NNID
UltimaNylocke
Characters I want, in case anybody is wondering

Veterans: Robin, Ganondorf, Falco, Shulk
SSF1 Veterans: Knuckles, Crono, Cloud, Megaman X
Newcomers: Sasuke, Adeleine

could think of more but APEXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:

FTH

Smash Rookie
But who says you have to use Side-B.
True, I tend to use b for a side guard and a limited use of a for a perfect ending hit. I tend to use down a air for a good spike or hit. I love g&W

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Sorry to tell you, but Robin's an impossibility.

The dev's roster plan was set in stone in January 2010 with the release of v0.7. Awakening was released in 2012.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

The dev's roster plan was set in stone in January 2010 with the release of v0.7. Awakening was released in 2012.
Lol no biggie. It doesn't really matter. I can take Ike as well. But who knows. Maybe 8 years from now, they will add Robin or other characters.

Last edited:

UltimaNylocke

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ULTI#211
NNID
UltimaNylocke

Things always change. Anything can happen. We can dream.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
SSBC= A good game with plenty of goodies for the fans, but is suffers from quantity over quality at points

*EDIT* I double posted by accident, how do I delete? My extreme apologies.
Just edit out the entire quote except for your apology. I do this all the time.
Also, :gawmelee::gw::4gaw::4gaw::gw::gawmelee:.

Last edited:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Well that's different! I'm all for G&W in Flash, I'm getting the hang of him...err...it...err........him?........in Smash games.

I assume he's a bloke. :chuckle:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Let's see, I'm going to rant a bit, and share my personal opinion about this situation, because hear me out:

Mr. Game and Watch should be cut from the game now; he was an unnecessary addition to the game and from what I see, he feels kind of mediocre to be honest. Let me tell you, I absolutely hate Mr. Game and Watch, not only for his ridiculous and horrible gameplay, but also for the fact that he actually does not fit in with the rest of the cast well.

Super Smash Flash 2 exemplifies this, by adding a character that mostly no one wanted in the game to begin with, instead of adding a character that would have given this game a better name. There are tons of characters that would have fit the game better than G & W, from Roy, Mewtwo, Luigi, Kratos (Tales), Shadow, Falco or Leon. But no, they give us the most disliked character as of now for Super Smash Flash 2, a character that people don't really like all too well even in Smash Bros., and a character that feels so unnecessary to add.

People would be fine without Mr. Game and Watch being in this game, as he feels like he should be more of a stage hazard or an assist trophy. To me, I'm tired of his bulls*** every time he's in a Smash Bros. game, because he doesn't offer anything new to the table. I don't care if there are people that like him, there are people who would have loved to see Riku in the game as a playable instead of Mr. Game and Watch. There are more people who probably wanted Pit, Mewtwo or even Snake in the game.

I'm sorry, but I feel like Mr. Game and Watch was the worst choice of character in Smash Flash 2 history, beating that of Chibi-Robo and Jigglypuff. So they can add a stupid character like Mr. Game and Watch, but they can't add Mr. Incredible?

Yeah...my hype for the game is gone.

Remember, it's just my opinion on things in this matter.
Uhhhh.... the game isn't finished Bruh :p

UltimaNylocke

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ULTI#211
NNID
UltimaNylocke
they're scared of the 9 hammer, crusher of hopes and dreams

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

also for the fact that he actually does not fit in with the rest of the cast well.
Considering he has been present in the past 3 official Smash games, I'd say he fits in perfectly in a fan-made game inspired by Smash.

Also, Mario and Goku just go sooo well together, right?

a character that people don't really like all too well even in Smash Bros.
Well I don't know who you've been talking to, but everybody I know who has played Smash since Melee loves G&W. He's kooky, he's silly, he's retro, and he got us interested in learning about the history of video games. He has become one of the defining faces of Smash.

because he doesn't offer anything new to the table.
You've got to be kidding. He's a retro character, existing only in 2D, who attacks with a wide variety of random items pulled out of hammerspace like sausages and a freakin turtle. He is unlike any other Smash character, so yeah, he does bring new stuff to the table.

I don't care if there are people that like him
Well there's your problem. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Last edited by a moderator:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Considering he has been present in the past 3 official Smash games, I'd say he fits in perfectly in a fan-made game inspired by Smash.

Also, Mario and Goku just go sooo well together, right?

Well I don't know who you've been talking to, but everybody I know who has played Smash since Melee loves G&W. He's kooky, he's silly, he's retro, and he got us interested in learning about the history of video games. He has become one of the defining faces of Smash.

You've got to be kidding. He's a retro character, existing only in 2D, who attacks with a wide variety of random items pulled out of hammerspace like sausages and a freakin turtle. He is unlike any other Smash character, so yeah, he does bring new stuff to the table.

Well there's your problem. The world doesn't revolve around you.
Late response is late, I'm sorry.

Radical Larry's argument became a problem much earlier than that: "G&W shouldn't be included because I don't like him." -the start of his rant.

Top Bottom