• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
This ^
Post should have ended here.

Nonono, when you first started out, RIGHT AWAY, before you even made this thread, you trolled our youtube to the point where I had to block you. Your goal is to run us into the ground, is it not? Or is it to piss us off to the point where we rage?

Oh cut the crap -.-
Please, don't begin posting here just to blaspheme our game. Our goal is not to run anyone's game into the ground, and honestly, we don't want to have much to do with anyone else's projects at all. We're not seeking any competition, so don't visit this thread just to rebuild the rage. We don't have the time to argue and create unnecessary competition.

I tried the demo on the download and was genuinely impressed. There's a fan-made SSB game with worse physics and gameplay than SSF2. :V

Now, as far as constructive criticism goes... Platform and Run detection are both really wonky; I could barely move without jumping on Sector Z (?) because the platforms were in the way. I also couldn't really run anywhere.
Specials set to different buttons takes a lot of getting used to and is pretty irritating to someone like me who is used to either 64 Emulators or normally playing (there will be plenty of them). The sprites are not really that cute either; I'd especially fix that MK tornado which is pretty ugly (seriously). Being able to set your own controls would be a great feature. Not having a numpad on my keyboard, I had to choose P2. After that, I could not set the CPU level up when P1 is set as a CPU. Would fix that.
Try looking at the OP again more closely. And this time, read it. In case you didn't notice, we remade the entire engine, and it plays MUCH more smoothly. The last demo was released months ago, before engine redevelopment began. We know there are numerous problems with that one, and that is why we redeveloped the entire game.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Please, don't begin posting here just to blaspheme our game. Our goal is not to run anyone's game into the ground, and honestly, we don't want to have much to do with anyone else's projects at all. We're not seeking any competition, so don't visit this thread just to rebuild the rage. We don't have the time to argue and create unnecessary competition.
Well, I wouldn't call it blasphemy... but yeah. Phantom, do be careful what you say. I will too.

But seriously, let's get to discussion of this game, not SSF2.

Try looking at the OP again more closely. And this time, read it. In case you didn't notice, we remade the entire engine, and it plays MUCH more smoothly. The last demo was released months ago, before engine redevelopment began. We know there are numerous problems with that one, and that is why we redeveloped the entire game.
What he said. Only, that was a little blunt, Phantom. I think he was blunt because he doesn't want false criticism circulating. That demo is very old now, and the new game doesn't even play like it at all. You'll have to wait till December for that. (Just look at the screenshots in the first post if you don't believe it's different)

Edit: Phantom7, you should remove the old download link or mark it as OLD. And one other thing:
Okay, continue playing your anime-geek smash bros games while people who actually have a life play a computer-cerated smash bros that actually includes Yoshi and DK, and all the characters from the original. That's why I'm making this game because SSF sucked from the beginning.
Don't say stuff like this. lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Trust me, I played a newer but still outdated beta a month or so back, and it is MUCH better than the demo on the site (For which I literally typed out a 3-4 page bug report.).

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Thanks, but do you mean the brand new one? I hope so!

That bug report was depressing! lol

Edit: Crusade trivia!

If you hit an aerial opponent who has Super Armor frames active, the opponent will not flinch, but only be pushed back a little. On the ground, the enemy will continue moving normally. Examples of attacks with Super Armor are Snake's Cypher and Link's Ending Blow (Side B -> B).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't think I played the brand new one. Kirby and them weren't in it in the one I still have.

Also, whatever the Ending Blow is, that wasn't in yet I don't think.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I don't think I played the brand new one. Kirby and them weren't in it in the one I still have.

Also, whatever the Ending Blow is, that wasn't in yet I don't think.
It should have been. Ending Blow is a Hidden Skill (a la TP). Link jumps into the air and stabs his enemy. To do it, you use Link's Side B to do Shield Bash, then press neutral B again.
It's Link's strongest attack, causing 21% damage, and one of the strongest horizontal killers in the game. However, it is slow. It has Super Armor to help with that problem!

I saw Smash Bros.
Cool.
I saw Game Maker.
Cool.
I saw Goku.
I made this post.
I left.
Well, sorry to hear that, but I think you would have liked the game if you like Game Maker and Smash Bros. <sigh> Just leave Goku out of the matches! ;) You won't be disappointed. But if you did that you be missing out on his amazing Final Smash and Kaioken mode!

NNID
Budget_Player

I gave some constructive criticism; don't look at it as pure bashing. I'm glad to hear about the redesign (I wasn't sure if that was the new engine or not, my apologies) and await the next demo, I guess.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I gave some constructive criticism; don't look at it as pure bashing. I'm glad to hear about the redesign (I wasn't sure if that was the new engine or not, my apologies) and await the next demo, I guess.
It's cool. He wasn't saying you were bashing - I believe he was talking about SilenceOfNoOne. You are still on the good list. ;)

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
So whats up with the stages. Are we going to see any Smash64 stages, some Hyrule Castle. Are you guys designing any original stages, and are their any plans for this to have some online functionality?

Is the team soley focusing on the multiplay aspect of the game, or are we going to see some other modes in the game(race to the finish, Target Test, board the platforms, ect,)

Are going to see any characters that didn't get a chance to represent their game in the smashbros series?(Saki, Little Mac, Issac, or some of the characters from the "Advance Wars" series).

Also how many hours in a day does the team work on this game?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
So whats up with the stages. Are we going to see any Smash64 stages, some Hyrule Castle. Are you guys designing any original stages, and are their any plans for this to have some online functionality?

Is the team soley focusing on the multiplay aspect of the game, or are we going to see some other modes in the game(race to the finish, Target Test, board the platforms, ect,)

Are going to see any characters that didn't get a chance to represent their game in the smashbros series?(Saki, Little Mac, Issac, or some of the characters from the "Advance Wars" series).

Stages -- 64 stages? Melee stages? Brawl stages? Original stages? Yes to all of them. We have quite a long stage list (app. 60-65) that includes a great variety of past and original stages. We will announce them as we go along, similar to what Sakurai did on the Smash Bros Dojo.

Online Play -- No one knows at this point. We may try, but we don't know any way to program that for sure...

Characters -- We also have quite a lengthy list of fighters (min. 60 - 70 max. 80. We're shooting for 80. Don't worry; we can handle it. Characters don't require as much space as they may seem to). And yes, some of those fighters you mentioned just might make it in. I can't give you any more details on that, though.

How many hours a day? -- We don't have a set number of hours per day, actually. We work often, and when we are not busy with other things.

I'll put an FAQ section on the OP.

It's perfectly fine. You're not on anyone's bad side. We accept and appreciate all constructive criticism, but I'll be sure to correct you if you're criticizing a several-month-old build that was released before an engine redevelopment process began. :) But no worries. You weren't bashing us.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Eh, about 1.5-3 hours most days, if I don't have any exams to study for. :ohwell: I handle about 99% of the coding for the game, while the other guys are slaving away spriting. Poor guys, ... Nah just playing. Programming is hard too, simply because I am picky.

We expect to finish the game in late 2011 sometime, just FYI.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It should have been. Ending Blow is a Hidden Skill (a la TP). Link jumps into the air and stabs his enemy. To do it, you use Link's Side B to do Shield Bash, then press neutral B again.
It's Link's strongest attack, causing 21% damage, and one of the strongest horizontal killers in the game. However, it is slow. It has Super Armor to help with that problem!

Well, sorry to hear that, but I think you would have liked the game if you like Game Maker and Smash Bros. <sigh> Just leave Goku out of the matches! ;) You won't be disappointed. But if you did that you be missing out on his amazing Final Smash and Kaioken mode!
Yeah, just when I see Goku in a fan-made Smash Game, it instantly makes me think: "LOL! I CAN CODE, I ADD GOKU AND NARUTO AND CLOUD FROM FF BECAUSE THEY ARE SO BAD@$$, LOL! THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVAH!"

I guess I'm still mentally scarred from Super Smash Flash *shudders*

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Yeah, just when I see Goku in a fan-made Smash Game, it instantly makes me think: "LOL! I CAN CODE, I ADD GOKU AND NARUTO AND CLOUD FROM FF BECAUSE THEY ARE SO BAD@$$, LOL! THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVAH!"

Eh, I don't think we'll have Naruto. The only anime character is Goku, and he is exceptional, having been in lots of games and (arguably) the biggest anime series of late. Plus, he fits right in, somehow!

Don't worry - he's not going to be super-powerful or anything. This is a fighting game of sorts, so it has to be reasonably balanced. Off the bat, he doesn't have too many KO options. However, he does have a pretty uber Kaioken mode that you can activate by charging with Down B (kind of like Samus's Charge Shot). While transformed, his attacks all get a big power boost, and some change entirely, but he steadily gains percent until he returns to normal (1% per second for about 22 seconds). He's stronger during Kaioken, and he may use an alternate Final Smash! So, Goku will be worth it. He's a dynamic character.

96% of the fighters will have come straight from a video game, rest assured.

Edit: If you want moveset spoilers for him - just to ensure fairness lol - I can post them if it's okay with Phantom7.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Eh, I don't think we'll have Naruto. The only anime character is Goku, and he is exceptional, having been in lots of games and (arguably) the biggest anime series of late. Plus, he fits right in, somehow!

Don't worry - he's not going to be super-powerful or anything. This is a fighting game of sorts, so it has to be reasonably balanced. Off the bat, he doesn't have too many KO options. However, he does have a pretty uber Kaioken mode that you can activate by charging with Down B (kind of like Samus's Charge Shot). While transformed, his attacks all get a big power boost, and some change entirely, but he steadily gains percent until he returns to normal (1% per second for about 22 seconds). He's stronger during Kaioken, and he may use an alternate Final Smash! So, Goku will be worth it. He's a dynamic character.

96% of the fighters will have come straight from a video game, rest assured.

Edit: If you want moveset spoilers for him - just to ensure fairness lol - I can post them if it's okay with Phantom7.
Lol, I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't worried he would be over powered.
It's just that having Goku in your game kind of makes your game seem more n00by (No offense meant of course). If you want any help I can code fluently in GML, I can edit sprites and music, or I can just provide general ideas.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Lol, I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't worried he would be over powered.
It's just that having Goku in your game kind of makes your game seem more n00by (No offense meant of course). If you want any help I can code fluently in GML, I can edit sprites and music, or I can just provide general ideas.
Ah. Coolness. Well, ... do you know of any good Zero Suit Samus sprite sheets other than this one? http://www.mcleodgaming.com/ssf2sprites/characters/Samus/zerosuit3.gif

If not, no worries, because we have most of her animations done. If you want to help us make throw animations for her, please do! (I'm no artist, so I am always looking for help) I think we have everything else done except for edge stuff, but I can do that easily from this sheet.

Now, don't get me wrong - we made some of our own sprites from the sheet. We had to! But we are busy spriting other char's too (namely finishing up Kirby's Copy abilities and Ristar's throws and Final Smash).

mofo_

Smash Ace
maybe you guys should go on newgrounds and get some help.:D good programmers there and artists too. id like to see this game finished :D :D :D kaioken mode lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well actually, when it comes to characters...
And yes, some of those fighters you mentioned just might make it in. I can't give you any more details on that, though.
Oh... nevermind. Let's just say you'll be pleasantly surprised I think when it comes to the characters list. There's more characters than you could ever want (Unless you're me and want the 3 or so that aren't in the game :( )

Not gonna lie, I thought the exact same thing. He seems to work in this game, but yeah... I dunno, in my mind, despite this game, Smash and DBZ games, while both good in their own ways, don't mix.

That being said, I'm a minority in this thought process, and the character himself works well for this game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well actually, when it comes to characters...

Oh... nevermind. Let's just say you'll be pleasantly surprised I think when it comes to the characters list. There's more characters than you could ever want (Unless you're me and want the 3 or so that aren't in the game :( )

Not gonna lie, I thought the exact same thing. He seems to work in this game, but yeah... I dunno, in my mind, despite this game, Smash and DBZ games, while both good in their own ways, don't mix.

That being said, I'm a minority in this thought process, and the character himself works well for this game.
Yeah, and Falcon and Fromundaman both know how many character list changes we went through. We've discussed and attempted to perfect the list several times. What we have now is great, but it might change. However, if it does, the changes will be very minor (Maybe one character replaced).

Goku does fit in well with this game. He's very fun to use and even fun to watch. In the OP, I did mention that Goku is not the only non-video game original character, though; there is one more. However, I cannot reveal this character until the release of the demo.

And, Falcon, you can post whatever you feel you need to post about Goku. It's fine by me, as long as you don't reveal too much information.

4nace

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of Spriting a character for you guys. I can do pretty good sprite work, as I have done smash games in the past.

I was thinking Sandshrew haha, but I'd be willing to do any character that interests me. I can do a whole sheet.

Here are some examples.

Just let me know size, outline style, and number of moves if you're interested.

-Dan

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of Spriting a character for you guys. I can do pretty good sprite work, as I have done smash games in the past.

I was thinking Sandshrew haha, but I'd be willing to do any character that interests me. I can do a whole sheet.

Just let me know size, outline style, and number of moves if you're interested.

-Dan
Neato, dude. I like the style. In our game, dark gray outlines are usually the way to go. (Look at our Kirby and Mario for example) At the moment, we don't need too much help on upcoming characters, but soon, we'll be getting started on Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters and Ike. None of the Ike sheets I've seen are any good. If you might be able to edit a sheet (or make one in your style) that would be super-awesome. As for Pokemon, we are having Deoxys!

4nace

Smash Ace
Yeah, just PM me what characters you would be needing in the future and I'll take one that interests me. It does take a while to make a sheet so i would only do one that I could get behind.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I still think this game would be better if you focused less on "Cool character that has been in one game that is not significant to nintendo" and more on improving the important ones and adding important characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, etc... who have missed out on the last few games.

Also a few gameplay suggestions, if you could make it so that when you roll into the side of the stage you automatically grab onto the ledge, I've wanted that in smash for ages.
Pretty easy to as well.
Create an invisible block, and put it on the edge of the level.
Do a Collision Event for your obj_charrolling colliding with the invisible block.
then do in code:
instance_change(obj_charledge,1/0);
sprite_index(spr_charledge);
obj_charledge.x = obj_ledge.x;
obj_charledge.y = obj_ledge.y;
Something like that atleast, it's pretty basic and would add more depth to Smash Bros.

Also, maybe Techjumping? Just an idea.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Out of all of the Smash Bros. games, which one is "Crusade" going to resemble, in terms of gameplay?
We really want the game to be most like Brawl, with a slightly faster overall speed. There haven't been any really new gameplay mechanics added. I can't tell you too much about the technical details right now!

EDIT: Here are some mechanics that you may expect to see that are familiar: roll dodge, Brawl air dodge, four directional throws, perfect shielding, counter hits, dash canceling, and Super Armor.

I still think this game would be better if you focused less on "Cool character that has been in one game that is not significant to nintendo" and more on improving the important ones and adding important characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, etc... who have missed out on the last few games.

Also a few gameplay suggestions, if you could make it so that when you roll into the side of the stage you automatically grab onto the ledge, I've wanted that in smash for ages. Pretty easy to, just do an If collision with side of the stage, obj_char.x = ledge.x, obj_char.y = ledge.y, sprite_index = spr_charhanging.

Pretty basic.

Also, maybe Techjumping? Just an idea.
Auto-edge grabbing on rolling? Well, I just tried rolling off an edge, for kicks, and the way the game works now, if you DI toward the edge while rolling off, you will hang from it. Cool, huh? That just so happens to work. It seems to work just fine, even on characters with smaller masks like Kirby. You might call this the first AT in this game. :bee: By the way, I hope you haven't been playing the old game. It kinda stinks compared to the new one, which will be out soon.

As for characters, like we have said, we can't tell you who will be in, but we have been thinking about it for months, and we're sure we have plenty of characters to represent existing Smash franchises. Also, only two characters in the game are not originally from video games, and only one anime character, Goku, will be in.

By the way, in the above code, are you saying we should have a separate object for the character while rolling!? No thanks. :) I like having "states", which may include stand, jump, crouch, roll, etc. Based on what state a character is in, different actions are applied.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
We really want the game to be most like Brawl, with a slightly faster overall speed. There haven't been any really new gameplay mechanics added. I can't tell you too much about the technical details right now!

EDIT: Here are some mechanics that you may expect to see that are familiar: roll dodge, Brawl air dodge, four directional throws, perfect shielding, counter hits, dash canceling, and Super Armor.

Auto-edge grabbing on rolling? Well, I just tried rolling off an edge, for kicks, and the way the game works now, if you DI toward the edge while rolling off, you will hang from it. Cool, huh? That just so happens to work. It seems to work just fine, even on characters with smaller masks like Kirby. You might call this the first AT in this game. :bee: By the way, I hope you haven't been playing the old game. It kinda stinks compared to the new one, which will be out soon.

As for characters, like we have said, we can't tell you who will be in, but we have been thinking about it for months, and we're sure we have plenty of characters to represent existing Smash franchises. Also, only two characters in the game are not originally from video games, and only one anime character, Goku, will be in.

By the way, in the above code, are you saying we should have a separate object for the character while rolling!? No thanks. :) I like having "states", which may include stand, jump, crouch, roll, etc. Based on what state a character is in, different actions are applied.
Aah, you're using variables then? I thought you might be but I'd just woken up and that was the first thing that came to my mind.
I'm working on a horror game at the moment in Game Maker XD, but my graduation is coming up and I have heaps of projects so I'm not even close to finishing it.

I know you're only having 2 "non-video game" characters, but here I am looking at the characters included in the demo:
-Petey Piranha
-Knuckles
-Ristar
Firstly, Petey Pirahna!? No comment.
Knuckles is all well and good, but rather than another Sonic character I would have preferred someone from Nintendo.
Ristar, once again another Sega character, who has been in what, 1 game?

That is what I meant.

I'm glad you implemented the auto-ledge grab, how about the tech jump?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I'm working on a horror game at the moment in Game Maker XD, ...

I know you're only having 2 "non-video game" characters, but here I am looking at the characters included in the demo:
-Petey Piranha
-Knuckles
-Ristar
Firstly, Petey Pirahna!? No comment.
Knuckles is all well and good, but rather than another Sonic character I would have preferred someone from Nintendo.
Ristar, once again another Sega character, who has been in what, 1 game?

I'm glad you implemented the auto-ledge grab, how about the tech jump?
Hope you finish the game! And yes that is sort of random...

Petey Piranha - yes. We are going to have a few other Mario newcomers as well. He won't be in the new demo (I wish Phantom would get rid of the old stuff already! :mad:), but he should be in the game. In retrospect, maybe he is a bit out there, but considering that we also have lots of other deserving Mario reps, it's okay.

We have tons of characters, so leaving out Knuckles would be insulting. I like him. Besides, he's been around for years, unlike Shadow and Silver and those other new Sonic characters.

Ristar is highly underrated. You can get the game in all its glory on Virtual Console. I highly recommend it! Not to mention, he's one of the most unique video game characters I know.
Ristar Wiki article

What exactly is tech jump? I can tell you there will be little more done to the game engine at this point, so it probably won't be in the game if it wasn't in Brawl, Melee, or SSB.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Gotta keep in mind, we have a LOT of characters planned for this. If I recall correctly, the number is around 80, so having some more 'out there' reps is okay, considering how many Nintendo reps we do have.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
SSB Mechanics FAQ

Lots of discussion has come up lately about Crusade's mechanics, so I'd like to mention most of the mechanics in the game at the time of the writing of this post. I'll do this in the form of a FAQ.

Q: Will there be NASL in SSBC?
A: Edges have a significant sweetspot area around them, mainly implemented to help out characters with shorter horizontal recovery. The sweetspot is approximately the size of Kirby's body. Also, note that you will auto-grab an edge if you walk off or roll off of it while DI'ing toward the stage.

Q: Lol can I do SHDJCFFL in SSBC?
A: Uhhh, not exactly, but I'll tell you this. Double jumps can be short-hopped. There is fast-falling, but it doesn't cancel upwards momentum. There's no L-canceling, though. Some moves will autocancel in their last few frames.

Q: Will there be [LOLrandom mehanic from other game series]?
A: Mostly, the answer here is no. The game will have the mechanisms present in SSBB, for the most part.

Q: Which existing Smash game is SSBC most like?
A: I'd have to say Brawl. It's a tad faster, since aerial lag is shorter, horizontal air speeds are faster, momentum is maintained on the first jump (but not the second), and most aerials cancel much more quickly upon hitting the ground. Hitlag is comparable to Brawl's hitlag, but more variable. Air dodges are in the style of Brawl. DI is much weaker than in Brawl.

Q: How many moves do characters have?
A: What a good question, grasshopper. Here is a full list:

Jab
Forward, Up, and Down Tilts
Dash Attack
Nair, Fair, Bair, Uair, and Dair
Forward, Up, and Down Smashes
Grab
Forward, Back, Up, and Down Throws
Neutral B
Side B and Smash B (on some characters, such as Samus and Ryu)
Up B (and Smash Up B on few characters)
Down B
Edge Recovery Attack
Final Smash(es) ;)

Examples of Smash B vs Side B - Samus Super Missiles vs. Homing Missiles, Ryu's EX Hurricane Kick vs. normal Hurricane Kick

Q: How much Hitstun will attacks cause?
A: There is not much more stun than Brawl, and it depends heavily on the attack being used. Also, throws have an intrinsic 3 extra stun frames which is just enough to allow some combos to occur. Many attacks have extra inherent hitstun, like Snake's Knee and Ryu's Down Tilt, but most normal attacks do not have much. So, for instance, Up Tilt juggling with Mario is mostly dependent on your opponent's failure to escape. This is not to say there are no true combos; in fact, every character in the game so far has at least two true attack strings that occur at specific damage percents. This game is not too combo-heavy, but it has a few.

Q: Final Smashes?
A: Yes. Oh, sorry, on the subject of how they work? Ah. Well, you have a Smash Gauge below your character's percent monitor on the screen, and this gauge fills up as you pound the living tar out of your enemies. It also fills up a little bit when you take damage, as well. When it's full, it will turn white and say ("FINAL SMASH!") That's your chance to pull out all the stops and unleash your character's ultimate attack. You can even adjust the amount of power the gauge will take to fill up in the VS Settings. The default is 200, but you can go as low as 50 and as high as 1000. 50 is a little ridiculous, though, so use wisely.

This isn't related to gameplay, but it's a FAQ.
Q: Isn't this a Flash game?
A: Nope. We use Game Maker 7 Pro.

Q: Will there be Mac Versions?
A: Well, I only have the Windows Game Maker, let me do a little research and figure out how you may be able to run it. I am not going to spend too much time on this, however, since most of my Mac-using buddies have Windows emulators or Parallel Desktops or something. As of now, the answer is no, but maybe we'll get to it after the final game is released.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Actually, it does include characters of that type. We're really not going for one-shots. There are a few exceptions, though. For example, we may include Phantom Knight from Zelda: Spirit Tracks if necessary. But the majority of the roster is characters highly significant to the video game universe. For this reason, we have several 3rd parties (app. 20 or so).

Out of all of the Smash Bros. games, which one is "Crusade" going to resemble, in terms of gameplay?
It is going to have the feel of SSB64, but it will include various features from Brawl. It's hard to say for sure, because the style of play will be very original. I can say this, though: It will be more like Brawl than Melee.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Here's another three.

WILL YOU RELEASE FOR US POOR MAC PEOPLE?
Will there be (considerable) hitstun?
Why would you make everything sweetspot the edge?
Good questions. I'll have to add these to my other post.

Mac Versions: Well, I only have the Windows Game Maker, let me do a little research and figure out how you may be able to run it. I am not going to spend too much time on this, however, since most of my Mac-using buddies have Windows emulators or Parallel Desktops or something. As of now, the answer is no, but maybe we'll get to it after the final game is released.

Hitstun? An excellent question. There is not much more than Brawl, and it depends heavily on the attack being used. Also, throws have an intrinsic 3 extra stun frames which is just enough to allow some combos to occur. Many attacks have extra inherent hitstun, like Snake's Knee and Ryu's Down Tilt, but most normal attacks do not have much. So, for instance, Up Tilt juggling with Mario is mostly dependent on your opponent's failure to escape. This is not to say there are no true combos; in fact, every character in the game so far has at least two true attack strings that occur at specific damage percents. This game is not too combo-heavy, but it has a few.

More importantly, you can't instantly air dodge when launched.

Edge sweetspot? Well, I won't post this in the FAQ because I already explained that. It can be frustrating trying to grab that edge sometimes, and frankly, I don't want that to get in the way of the fighting. Don't get me wrong - this sweetspot isn't huge or anything, just big enough to allow some characters to grab that edge when they really need it. Also, you must be below an edge to sweetspot.

Example hitstun stuff on juggling/combo moves:
Ryu's Down Tilt
3% damage, low knockback
at 10% -> 22 stun frames (6 hitlag, 16 hitstun)
at 50% -> 23 stun frames (6 hitlag, 17 hitstun)
at 120% -> 26 stun frames (6 hitlag, 20 hitstun)

Mario's Up Tilt
8% damage, low base knocback, moderately low knockback growth
at 10% -> 26 stun frames (4 hitlag, 22 hitstun)
at 50% -> 32 stun frames (4 hitlag, 28 hitstun)
at 120% ->42 stun frames (4 hitlag, 38 hitstun)

These moves are often effectively followed-up by other moves, even if it's not a true combo.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
By the way, sure, you can always suggest characters. There's no guarantee they'll make it in, but you know, there's always more of a chance if you bring it to the creators' attention (Though odds are your character is already in ;) )

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Character suggestions/questions open! We can't reveal everything, but I think talking about most starter (not unlockable) fighters is ok.

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
Can you put classic mega man in(megaman 1-9)
Zant, Wolf Link, classic protman, roy, and plusl+minum in

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Can you put classic mega man in(megaman 1-9)
Zant, Wolf Link, classic protman, roy, and plusl+minum in
Hm. Well, we have Megaman X already, and I don't think we'll have more than one.

As for the others, we'll see! Roy is especially likely - I miss him a lot. Wolf Link is also an interesting prospect...

Top Bottom