• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers 4 Select Screen, Boxart Revealed

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
The character selection screen for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U has been revealed! This selection screen only includes the characters playable at E3's Invitational event, but the screen design is intact with a sleek black and white look that Smashers should appreciate.

Astute observers will notice that customization options can be turned on or off in the top-right corner. The CPU-controlled Link is also set to level 10. In past games, CPU characters could only be set to level 9 or lower - perhaps CPU characters will now be more challenging?

The boxart for both games has also been revealed. They look great - take a look!

What do you think of the new selection screen and boxart? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit thinks E3 should be a national holiday. It is for him at least. Talk with him about this year's E3 announcements on Twitter at @TheDerrit!

Last edited:

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Very different from all those leaks.The level ten thing though...... Is amazing.

Last edited:

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
LEVEL 10?!?!?!

Hopefully the AI is smarter this time.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I also like how that character portraits are nice and big. And that orange background in a lot of them is real eye candy, gotta say.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see higher level CPU's. A comment of mine from a older thread:

"Level 9 cpu isn't hard enough. They should either make it harder or raise the highest level to 12 or something."

Atom`

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBrawlMelee
3DS FC
0318-8048-9695
I'm thinking the level 10 is not the CPU level.

It's an Amiibo, who is leveled up to level 10. There is an Ep in the top right corner of Link, just like there was over their heads in the presentation.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
The character select screen is beautiful.
The box art is beautiful.
Everything is beautiful.

Can I just, y'know, have this game now? ;_;

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I'm thinking the level 10 is not the CPU level.

It's an Amiibo, who is leveled up to level 10. There is an Ep in the top right corner of Link, just like there was over their heads in the presentation.
At first I thought that was a "CP" for Computer Player. But now that I look at it, it does look like the first letter might extend behind Link's hat, so I'm thinking you are right. I have no clue what this Amiibo stuff is about since I'm at work and missed the presentation. :urg:

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
At first I thought that was a "CP" for Computer Player. But now that I look at it, it does look like the first letter might extend behind Link's hat, so I'm thinking you are right. I have no clue what this Amiibo stuff is about since I'm at work and missed the presentation. :urg:
It's actually an F, amiibos are basically AI that you train and level up. Whenever they fought on screen in the presentation they had an FP over their head instead of P1 or P2

Jet3000

Smash Apprentice
The boxart, the screen select, the graphics, the stages, and especially the characters are just glorious.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
Amiibos can go as high as level 50 from what I've seen, that's not a CPU level
Aaw man. You are right. Still hoping that the difficulty levels for the CPU's will go higher than 9 though. If not that would kinda suck.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
So I was on the Japanese website and I translated it...

Damn room.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
So how come WFT and Megaman have different colored backgrounds? At first I thought it was because they are newcomers, but R&L's background is completely orange. It's only in the bottom middle (there's a little bit in Mac's, Kirby's, and Fox's boxes).

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
Megaman is on neither boxarts? That's suprising, judging by the fact I would've thought he would be a selling point.

D

Deleted member

If I'm forced to buy those figurines to play against CPU...

Top Bottom