• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64, Melee, PM & Wii U Super Smash Bros. Saskatchewan

Sylarius

Smash Ace
I can't edit my post for some reason. Anyways, here's a survey courtesy of the UofS gaming club:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FMSD3P3

support us Smashers in Saskatoon and complete it, it'll take 2 minutes.

Alphicans (and Big D) what CG combinations do you use on which characters if you don't mind sharing secrets?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I use dthrow -> fthrow across the stage, and then bthrow regrab when I need to turn around. This method is tripless (if you do the bthrow correctly). BigD's main method is not tripless, although he uses the standard bthrow -> dthrow which I guess is easier for most ICs.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
So im from regina but live halfway between QC and Toon town so I can make it to either.

I play Brawl, melee and umvc3. So if anyone has any events coming up at all. Text 570-2230 and let me know and ill show up. My handles ace and my rl name is terry. Im very good at all 3 of those games not to toot my own horn. Thnx

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Gah when i'm finally done this university garbage in May, i'll be more availible to do something with whoever.

Also Blunted_Object is godlike. Just sayin

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Wow my computer sucks and I can't edit posts.

I meant "Super Smash Bros. Saskatchewan" with a period there. Join if you haven't joined yet.

Firejew

Smash Cadet
'Sup from 20 minutes out of Regina.
If we could get our **** together we could probably tournament at my place some time. Got 3 CRTs of various sizes, 1 Gamecube w/Melee, a 50" TV made of input lag and a computer capable of playing 4x Melee singles, doubles get laggy. P:M can be done on the PC as well (1920x(1536?) resolution, can be doing 2x singles or 1x doubles (doubles don't lag on barwl or P:M because science)).
The PC has 2 Gamecube ports and more could be acquired at $15/2 slots. Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, and XBone controllers are all welcome and can be set up in minutes.
I even have spare GC controllers that a guest could use if neccessary (3 new white ones, 1 original silver).

Zarpachi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zarpachi
Wow I never noticed that the Sask SSB community was mostly people in Saskatoon. I see a couple from Regina here and would love to go to some tournaments but it seems to be almost non-existent in Regina and I don't have the funds to travel anywhere. I was looking online and noticed I missed a tourney called "FlatZone Revival", I wish I was paying attention to be able to go. Anyways I'm just rambling at this point, If you're from Regina or happen to be visiting from Saskatoon or wherever I would love to play matches against people that aren't the CPU. If you're interested just message me.

Last edited:

Jynx

Smash Cadet
Wow I never noticed that the Sask SSB community was mostly people in Saskatoon. I see a couple from Regina here and would love to go to some tournaments but it seems to be almost non-existent in Regina and I don't have the funds to travel anywhere. I was looking online and noticed I missed a tourney called "FlatZone Revival", I wish I was paying attention to be able to go. Anyways I'm just rambling at this point, If you're from Regina or happen to be visiting from Saskatoon or wherever I would love to play matches against people that aren't the CPU. I'll be taking a look at this thread at least once a day to see if there's a reply and if you're interested just message me.
There's a Saskatoon tournament coming up on August 16th.

Boots12

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-1457-1182
Just moved to Saskatoon a few months ago. I was wondering if there were still any weekly/biweekly/monthly tournaments going on or if anyone's interested in some 3DS wifi?

I try to be competitive, but I'm still quite green so I'd love to find anyone to really play with competitively.

Thanks!

Boots12

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-1457-1182
Sick that would be awesome. I was looking at the FB page, but it seemed pretty old (August?) so I wanted to double check. That's awesome. I'll try to make it there.

Do you know of any other tournaments(/play groups) around Saskatoon?

Last edited:

Llumys

Smash Champion
We're the play group. The only and consequently, the best. :v)

We have weeklies, but they're at someone's house, so it'd probably better to get to know everyone at the monthly first.

Last edited:

Boots12

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-1457-1182
No, for sure that makes sense. I've just always heard of groups meeting up at their universities or anything like that. I don't actually have a facebook account, would you be able to tell me where it's at and when? That would be sick.

I really look forward to making it out there. If not this weekend (friend's birthday) then the next monthly.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I recommend that you make a Facebook account just for Smash. It'll be hard to keep up with stuff without one. You don't have to use your real name or information, if that's your issue. Just be sure to add me (Pierre Anore) as a friend before trying to join the group, because we turn away accounts that look fake.

If you still can't use Facebook for whatever reason, you should still be able to see the event information for the monthly.

https://www.facebook.com/events/314150885459808/

Top Bottom