• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64, Melee, PM & Wii U Super Smash Bros. Saskatchewan

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I'll talk to them about coming down. They said they wanted to this summer. You guys being there would be a good incentive.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Depends how many people go. I may be able to convince Edmonton to go down for this if there is a decent showing.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure we have a tough time getting good turn-outs on our own, and the fact that I'm not quite sure of that supports my point.

Us coming to something in Alberta is infinitely more likely.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Solaris just grab a friend or two and come on down. We can house you and there's at least 3 people who will play. We could definitely get a decent turnout if we advertised out of province and planned a head of time. And when I say advertise I mean tell my friends. Link me Beatdown 3, since i'm lazy.

Shaft

Smash Rookie
Any smashers in the Regina area feel like playing? I'll be heading there from NS for a couple weeks for work and I'd love to see what Sask has to offer.

L14m

Smash Rookie
Alright people,I guess I have to do some gravedigging :)

I'm a german Smash noob travelling through Canada and gonna be a couple of weeks in Regina.

So if anyone wants to get his *** whooped and/or learn some profanities in a foreign language: I'm your man.

Peace

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
German profanities and smash sound like a great time. Unfortunately I live in Saskatoon, not Regina

L14m

Smash Rookie
Hmm,Saskatoon is a bit too far,especially since I don't have a car.

Do u happen to know some people in Regina who are still worshipping good ol' Melee?

Shaft

Smash Rookie
if ANYONE is in saskatoon and wants to smash at all I'm free most days until mid Jan. I'm dying to play

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Unfortunately the [Brawl] scene here is dead for the most part, I'm surprised there's even new posts here (I got an email notification since you pmed me), we MIGHT be able to gather 4-5 guys for something and if we did Geenareeno would be the guy to talk to about that.

Shaft

Smash Rookie
That would be great, I could even host as long as people bring 1-2 setups

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Oh sweet, someone who wants to play smash. L14m, there hasn't been a post in this thread from someone in Regina for a very long time so I would say there aren't any active smashers there. Shaft if you could host that would be sweet. When I host I have it in my garage which is not an option right now due to the cold. I can provide two set-ups. We can maybe do this at Vash/Connor's house too. I'll text you sometime.

Shaft

Smash Rookie
AWESOME! I'd be down to play as soon as tonight, and any night for the next couple weeks. text me asap!

Shaft

Smash Rookie
If anyone feels like coming over for smash tonight text (902) 456-2642

Niko_K

Smash Master
So how interested would everyone here be in attending a Canadian national in St.Catharines for Melee? It will attempt to include the majority of small communities which exist throughout our nation in clusters from province to province. I have a large venue with a 200+ capacity that I can rent for a mere $200 daily including bar to purchase soft drinks or alcoholic beverages with ID. This means that the day is covered from 20 individuals paying their venue fees allowing us to divert the excess funds from venue fees into a pot bonus to either extend who places within the money or increase the earnings of those who win.

Considering that it's a beachside venue I would aim to have this run Mid-End of July. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

JcReans

Smash Rookie
ATTENTION ALL S'TOON RESIDENTS AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO CARES:

I'm JcReans, formerly known as "Temper" or something like that on this thread, and I'd like to inform you about an event I'm planning.

The (Name Pending) Tournament is one that I will be organizing to complete a semester long research project that I have taken for school. I won't bore you with the intricacies of my topic, so I'll state the basic facts.

When: Thursday, April 18th 2013. Tournament will most likely be starting at 7-7:30 PM, time to be confirmed soon.

Where: Hi-Tech Game Traders (Acadia and 8th) game room, Saskatoon, SK.

What: Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition: v2012, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Smash Bros. Melee. If tournament feedback is good, I'll be open to suggestions for game changes and additions.

Who: Hopefully as many people as I can get, and it will be mostly all handled by me.

Why: Read above. Long story short, my project revolves around brackets, and how they affect the outcome of fighting game tournaments. Also, start up a bi-monthly, or possibly weekly tournament series, which has always been an interest of mine. Also, from what I've seen, it seems like the smash community here really needs a boost, because I know there are still people who play these games, and just need an incentive to get out there and play.

How much: Venue fee will be announced very shortly, I still have to converse with the owner for a group deal, as the current rates are a bit steep. Tournaments will be $10 a person per tournament. The pot will be split 70%-30% or 70%-20%-10% depending on turn out. Also, anyone who is able to bring a Xbox 360, Gamcube, or game to the tournament, will have their Venue fee reduced or dropped.

So, I would love to receive some feedback about the event, and whether or not you'd be interested in attending! If you have any advice to give to a novice at this sort of thing, feel free to drop me a PM, or add my gamertag: JcReans. After I've gotten more of the particulars down and set, I'll post a separate thread about the event, and hopefully get some more isolated feedback and whatnot.

Sincerely, JcReans

JcReans

Smash Rookie
I have forgotten to mention something on this thread which is now on the Shoryuken thread. But, the tournament is now on Friday! Not Thursday. Registration will be from 6:30-6:55 on site, and venue/tournament fee will be $10. (10 for venue/spectating/casuals, 10 for each tournament). Also, two gamecubes, and a copy of Melee, SSF4 AE and UMvC3 are all required for tomorrow. Anyway, hope to see you there.

JcReans

Smash Rookie
And now, Beatdown in ToonTown #2!

Location: Room 6D48 (Plus neighbouring rooms if necessary), Agriculture Building, 51 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK

Date: Friday, May 24th, 2013

Main Tournaments:
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, v2012
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Potential Side Tournaments (If numbers permit! Otherwise, just for casuals):
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Super Smash Bros. Brawl- (Brawl will now be played over at the next event, so all the smashheads can come down to the event!)
Street Fighter X Tekken
Melty Blood?
Venue Fee:
None, though this might not apply in following weeks, as this venue is strictly temporary. Currently looking into student lounges (The Engineering lounge in particular.)

Prize Distribution:
70%-30%

OR

70%-20%-10% If turnout for the game is 17 or greater.

Schedule:
Registrations will be from 6:00-6:50 PM
Tournament begins at 7:00 PM. Each main game will run at the same time, until they are completed. Finals may be played on the large set up if time permits. Casuals will be played during registration time, and may not be available if tournament appears to be running behind.

The Games:

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition v2012 (Xbox360)

Entry fee: $10

Double Elimination

2 of 3 sets until finals.

3 of 5 Winners, Losers, and Grand finals.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Double Elimination

3 of 5 sets throughout the tournament.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Double Elimination

3 of 5 Winners, Losers and Grand finals.

Standard Stage Picking/Banning rules. (Modified DSR and Gentleman's Clause included.)

4 Stock.

8 Minute timer.

For competitive Melee ruleset, refer to here for more info: http://smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/

Directors

JcReans

E-mail me if you have any questions at jcreans@gmail.com

Also, to those bringing set ups: Please inform me if you're able to attend! I might be able to rent out a few monitors and consoles for the evening, but I would really appreciate having more assurance, back ups, and numbers. Thank you.

JcReans

Smash Rookie
Here comes the third one, Beatdown in ToonTown #3!

Location: Room 6D48 (Plus neighbouring rooms if necessary), Agriculture Building, 51 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK (Enter agriculture building, take first right, and head up elevators, follow hallway and you'll find the room.)

Date: Friday, June 14, 2013 (My apologies for the short notice.)

Main Tournaments:
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, v2012
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl

Venue Fee:
None, though this might not apply in following weeks, as this venue is strictly temporary. (Looking into a new venue, but must use this one again since it's short notice.)

Prize Distribution:
70%-30%

OR

70%-20%-10% If turnout for the game is 17 or greater.

Schedule:
Registrations will be from 6:00-6:50 PM
Tournament begins at 7:00 PM. Each main game will run at the same time, until they are completed. Finals may be played on the large set up if time permits. Casuals will be played during registration time, and may not be available if tournament appears to be running behind.

The Games:

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition v2012 (Xbox360)

Round Robin/Double Elimination

3 of 5 Winners, Losers, and Grand finals.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

3 of 5 sets throughout the tournament.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

3 of 5 Winners, Losers and Grand finals.

Standard Stage Picking/Banning rules. (Modified DSR and Gentleman's Clause included.)

4 Stock.

8 Minute timer.

For competitive Melee ruleset, refer to here for more info: http://smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/

Directors

JcReans

E-mail me if you have any questions at jcreans@gmail.com

Also, to those bringing set ups: Please inform me if you're able to attend! I might be able to rent out a few monitors and consoles for the evening, but I would really appreciate having more assurance, back ups, and numbers. Thank you.

smashplaya

Smash Cadet
Its been awhile since i played smash. Anyone down to game sometime? I want to playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Shaft

Smash Rookie
brawl or melee? either way text 1-306-491-4632 I'd be down for either.

Shaft

Smash Rookie
Anyone from Saskatoon wants to hit up Edmonton with me for a few tournaments in July and August get at me

Shaft

Smash Rookie
Hey brawl guys.. WAKE THE F UP serious. You're passing up a great opportunity to get hella good at this game

Shaft

Smash Rookie
Looks like I'll be taking Alberta apart alone, Rambo style. Coming for you next ya Raz lookin' mother ******

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Don't think parents would let me go or I wouldn't mind coming. And you beat me pretty sorely last time we played on wifi Alphicans.

I'll message Graeme and ask them if they want to do anything

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
Haven't posted in a long time... Taking melee seriously again and will play any time! No car but i am free to travel on weekends perhaps.

Top Bottom