• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64, Melee, PM & Wii U Super Smash Bros. Saskatchewan

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Uh yeah but it was pretty fail, not to say it wasn't fun. I almost beat Connor in falco dittos because he killed himself once, but other than that nothing out of the ordinary. Connor won with Mewtwo because he forfited his puff or falco or something lol, we used torunament mode.

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
$5 MM's ditto's with anyone but graemes pichu

also I don't think this weekend will be good for me to have something. I have an essay I forgot about

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
$5 MM's ditto's with anyone but graemes pichu

also I don't think this weekend will be good for me to have something. I have an essay I forgot about
We should do dittos for the whole cast, i'm sure you would win most of them but still. If we play 10 Ganon dittos and then do tourney format I will best of 5 mm your Ganon. For a McDonalds Smoothie/McFlurry. Or like $3. Also we're not sure what happened to Rob.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Yeah. I was scrolling down his page when I realize what had happened, and I saw a status he posted about being ready to leave or something along those lines, posted a day or two before his passing. It was pretty sad. :S

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Wow that is truly tragic. Just to think before it happened he was probably talking to his friends about the anime convention, laughing and having a good time. Knowing him even a little bit puts a lot into perspective.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Yeah. He's the reason a lot of us know each other, like Monty and Nate; I think they're still really good friends, but I haven't heard from either of them in a long time. We've got a lot to thank him for.

Anyway, is anything going on this week?

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Okay, how does 3:00 on Saturday sound? Same place. Idk about supper, I can't really feed all of you guys. Either go home or go out and get food, or we can order pizza if everyone pitches in.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Hearing about Rob was pretty crushing. We both started the Sask tournament scene but he did all the work.
Take a lesson from this. Death cares not about what marks you as a person. Good will happen to the bad and bad will happen to the good. Rob was straight genuine, nothing else, and it still chose him.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I hadn't realized you started the scene as well. Did you just find out recently, too? But yeah, it's thanks to Rob's hard work and determination that we all know each other and have a scene, but really, I'm sure he's left a mark on all who got to know him. It is tragic how anyone so honest and awesome has to leave too soon.

Wise words, though, Monty.

I hear you're into SC2 lately, but would you ever be interested in playing Melee again, even just in Saskatoon?

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
The very first tournament posted was on here back in the day when Rob lived in Yorkton and I lived an hour away in Esterhazy. The thread was basically a two-way chat conversation between me and him saying we'd each bring some friends and TVs. We ran Melee and Brawl. It was a good time. Then I moved to Saskatoon and told him I'd help spread word here and he started making those crazy 3-4 hour drives every two weeks or whatever. Ridiculous.
Anyway, thought I'd mention I can't take credit for the "wise words". That's Nate's insight.

I have mondays and fridays off. I never have plans, per se, but I don't exactly make them either haha. If Connor were going I'd for sure go. I know Cole has been really into Project M lately and I haven't gotten to try it yet.
Also, funny story, Earl came into my work the other day and applied haha. Random.

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
I'd be down for anything: Melee, brawl, project m, starcraft, LoL or whatever. My October was really my crazy busy school month so I'll have a more time to game now :D

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
So... everyone should come to my house in lik 4 hours. My brother is having a birthday party so we can roast hotdogs in conjunction. Connor you should definitely show up with a T.V sometime, if you can. Also my laptop is getting fixed otherwise I would be playing HoN and LoL right now.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Thanks again for having me over. I really appreciate it when people volunteer to play at their places, despite usually not being able to attend.

Next time we get some more people, we should do an actual tournament, even if there'd only be like six of us. Even if we were to apply like an entry fee of a quarter, it'd be great for your seemingly genuinely interested friends to see the competitiveness that is Melee.

Also, Connor, you should get Monty to come too, sometime.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Yeah np, I should get you to help clean up with me next time though lol. $1 torunament. And yeah I really want to play Monty.

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I couldn't make it out this time guys. Glad you had fun. Next time I do come I'll invite Monty XD

Sanu

Smash Champion
His facebook says was in a car accident on his way to Toronto for an anime convention may 24. He will be missed
WHAT?!

no wonder I never heard from him that weekend... or since... ****

rip :(

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Naiseee. This means we will most like have: Me, David, Connor, Pierre, Monty, Chris, and Ken for a bit. Also i'm gonna get some more Televisions. You should still bring one though Connor.

Top Bottom