• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Odyssey

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
ah okay. naturally i was more interested in reading the fic then reading every post so i just kinda skimmed:p
Ah well
yeah no1 blames u to that...i mean having to read 10 pages of posts before a new chapter :p ....and btw when should we expect the next chapter?

EDIT: btw u do realise that link must somehow get back his equipment and most importantly seperate from dark link at some point right? cause it ought to make some sense with brawl anyways

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
It's a Melee Fanfic.
It was posted in 2004.
Logic to the rescue.
Does not compute.

Seriously, this fic mostly garners it's longevity as a result of sporadic updates, but hey, some of us are hooked, am I right? I haven't posted regularly on this forum since '03, I'm only here for this.

kr3wman

Smash Master
This **** was the reason I registered for Smashboards. It's way too good. It's like Crack but made out of letters you can read.

Muzga

Smash Ace
your style of writing has definitely gotten better by leaps and bounds.
A lot of stuff that has happened in this fic has been hillarious!
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the work youve put into this,
Keep doing what youre doing! its great!

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
It´s a Melee Fanfic.

It was posted in 2004.

Logic to the rescue.
No its not! Its an SSB fanfic which has many aspects of melee because it was the most recent SSB to that day, and wat did i say? i didnt say that i want inclusion of all brawl chars or something (although it would be nice....) but i rather said that the ending must fit to the following SSB, which is brawl.... Besides, fused with ur evil shadow formed in another dimesnsion named Darkness of Time, who had only purpose to torture u and ur friends and afterwards merges with u just by need so u wont both die but not any other significant reason and then taking control over ur body and kills a guy u wanted to save doesnt exactly shout "Cool!!! We will stay like this forever and there is nothing between now and Brawl that can separate us!!!"

kr3wman

Smash Master
No its not! Its an SSB fanfic which has many aspects of melee because it was the most recent SSB to that day, and wat did i say? i didnt say that i want inclusion of all brawl chars or something (although it would be nice....) but i rather said that the ending must fit to the following SSB, which is brawl.... Besides, fused with ur evil shadow formed in another dimesnsion named Darkness of Time, who had only purpose to torture u and ur friends and afterwards merges with u just by need so u wont both die but not any other significant reason and then taking control over ur body and kills a guy u wanted to save doesnt exactly shout "Cool!!! We will stay like this forever and there is nothing between now and Brawl that can separate us!!!"
Yes it is. Don't try to make up your own story out of this.

And no, the ending doesn't have to fit with brawl because he probably made it without Brawl or another Smash in mind AND the fact that it's a fanfiction.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
When I started this fic, it was indeed based on Melee. Now that Brawl is out, does this mean I'm gonna try to play catch-up and start plugging in Brawl characters? Does this mean that I'm gonna throw out the ending I originally had intended and create one that ties into Brawl?

Not at all.

Yeah, we all know Brawl happens eventually, but this story was never meant to lead into Brawl and it probably never will. I started this in 2004; way before I (or even Sakurai himself) had any idea for the next Smash Bros. The ending I had in mind definitely has changed over the years, but none of them involve Subspace or another tournament. The sequel would pick up wherever I left off here.

And, of course, like Kr3wman said, it's Fanfiction. This can go in any direction, and it has, from having Mario and Link face off against Cloud and Squall to throwing them into a hellhole from Chrono Cross called the Darkness of Time (which should actually be called the Darkness Beyond Time. D***it...).

kr3wman

Smash Master
When I started this fic, it was indeed based on Melee. Now that Brawl is out, does this mean I'm gonna try to play catch-up and start plugging in Brawl characters? Does this mean that I'm gonna throw out the ending I originally had intended and create one that ties into Brawl?
Even if, we all know that we won't get that ending before SSB4 so it's not like Brawl really matters.

K64

Smash Apprentice
Sweet

This. Is. The. Best. I actually love reading this. So far Act 5 was my favorite and I will continue to read this. Heck, I may even print this! (not publish) Luv it.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
since i havent personally "lived" an update and im quite nervous can u plz verify that its not yet dead and if not perhaps say when u think the next update will be, may that mean tomorrow or in 3 months, Zeeke?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Next update will probably be somewhere around spring break.

*random shot in the dark*

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
There are plenty of good games out right now. The only problem is if you're limited to just a Wii. If so, then I weep softly for you.

Just as a status update, I have been working on the next chapter, contrary to popular belief. I actually lost a reader in another forum I post on because he believes I don't care about the story. I wept softly at the misconception. I'm 12 pages in. I doubt it'll be as long as the last chapter(s), but it will be significant.

Tentative post-date: Soon. You all know about "soon". Until then, an Xbox360 is a great distraction.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
There are plenty of good games out right now. The only problem is if you're limited to just a Wii. If so, then I weep softly for you.

Just as a status update, I have been working on the next chapter, contrary to popular belief. I actually lost a reader in another forum I post on because he believes I don't care about the story. I wept softly at the misconception. I'm 12 pages in. I doubt it'll be as long as the last chapter(s), but it will be significant.

Tentative post-date: Soon. You all know about "soon". Until then, an Xbox360 is a great distraction.
Yup... unfortunately i AM but i personally believe its just the year......compared to the other wii years 2008 is definetely the last.... and i also think that 2009 will be much better.....in fact the best as there are MANY titles to be released.....so hopefully ill get a new game by the time i finish super paper mario......i played only 2 days........a week ago.......but it seems quite short cause i already cleared half way to the end..... ./sigh

well anyways back to the topic.....im really happy to hear that ur already working on the chapter.....i really missed reading it.......good luck :p

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
RELEVANT.

Blizzard said:
Copyright 2004-2008 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Regarding deserters/non-believers (shun), their own loss, I'm sure. I'll be here to the very end (if only popping up every now and then). Also agreed on the Wii. The console itself is a major gimmick platform and if you don't complement it with some traditional consoles, be it the 360 or PS3, you're not exactly going to have the full experience of the current generation. Mine builds up dust right behind me. I'm an avid PC gamer though, so I don't tend to weep for it too often.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I did not notice the updates made. I actually hadn't gotten any e-mail notifications from the forums in a long time.

Anyways, I liked the second part. It was surprising what happened. I liked the character development that happens. Besides that, I don't have much to say as usual.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Zeeke, you need to come back to you know where. :p
I haven't read the new update. I'm contemplating re-reading the entire thing to catch up, though (and then forget it all again by the next update :3)

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Zeeke, you need to come back to you know where. :p
I haven't read the new update. I'm contemplating re-reading the entire thing to catch up, though (and then forget it all again by the next update :3)
hah.....guaranteed to happen....in fact i read the whole thing like 2 months ago and i already think of rereading to fresh it up

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
your fanfic is really really good. i spent my entire weekend reading it.I hope you dont go into another 1.5 years delay!

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I forgot this entire fanfic, now I can go read it again :)
All I remember is that it was really good, but also really really lengthy.

*re-reads while waiting for updates*

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I forgot this entire fanfic, now I can go read it again :)
All I remember is that it was really good, but also really really lengthy.

*re-reads while waiting for updates*
ud better read slowly so it wont end before the update :p

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
maybe he went to another site. again. (if he is in a coma again someone get the cattle prod in his room.)

eternity_door

Smash Rookie
I just finished reading up to this point. But their's nothing left. Shoot....

I checked out another forum that this story is on, and those people on that forum have really short attention spans. There was a year long reply drought, and the person that finally replied (though I support his taste in animations) went so far as to insult Zeeke.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Maybe he died.... But if he doesn't come and write now this thread will be the one to die.

Edit- Finished Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica waiting. i have only RE 5 left and if he doesn't post before I finished it... *sobs*

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I'm still alive, kinda like GLaDOS. And Pearl Jam. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise until concrete proof is found.

And just like myself and those aforementioned pop culture icons, this story is still alive. Rest assured that some year, I will post the final chapter and we can all breathe a collective sigh of satisfaction and relief.

I'm not gonna tell you when to expect the next chapter because I never stick to a schedule. I'm gonna stop posting reasons why I haven't posted in so long because I've run out of (believable) reasons. Just say "life beckons" as the cover-all excuse.

The next chapter will just appear. Kinda like magic. Everyone likes magic, right? David Blaine? Those guys who got mauled by their own tiger? Yeah, you like them.

Even though you all already have been, just keep up the patience. There may be million-year breaks between chapters, but I won't leave you high and dry. Trust that.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Hi. I'm still alive, kinda like GLaDOS. And Pearl Jam. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise until concrete proof is found.

And just like myself and those aforementioned pop culture icons, this story is still alive. Rest assured that some year, I will post the final chapter and we can all breathe a collective sigh of satisfaction and relief.

I'm not gonna tell you when to expect the next chapter because I never stick to a schedule. I'm gonna stop posting reasons why I haven't posted in so long because I've run out of (believable) reasons. Just say "life beckons" as the cover-all excuse.

The next chapter will just appear. Kinda like magic. Everyone likes magic, right? David Blaine? Those guys who got mauled by their own tiger? Yeah, you like them.

Even though you all already have been, just keep up the patience. There may be million-year breaks between chapters, but I won't leave you high and dry. Trust that.
Well... i guess there wont be a trilogy right? Anyways I just wish you had been posting twice a week like you originally planned :p By the way if you start posting everything completed up until now in another site, a chapter per week you may manage to finish it for them withought going out of schedule

EDIT: By the way how much is there left?

EDIT2: "Even though you all already have been, just keep up the patience. There may be million-year breaks between chapters, but I won't leave you high and dry. Trust that." Hmmm..... I kinda miss the part where we have an option ^^

Top Bottom