• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Odyssey

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
It never fails to impress me when my story still brings in new readers, even when it's far from the first page of the CM section and hasn't been updated in four months. Ahh, the power of the written word...

Welcome to gradual madness, socalledmember and Joshuasdaman. Yes, I should be updating by the end of this month (and by this month, I mean August. July ends tomorrow. Ha ha.). What can you expect? Hmm... I'm gonna say Link, Mario, and Luigi finally leave Gerudo Valley. That's the simple answer. That also means there's only one place left to go. We're on the home-stretch. I think two more chapters should do it (after the next one). That's a tentative guess, though. I may suddenly get inspired, so there could be more.

So newcomers, as well as veterans, stick around. I made y'all wait this long, so you know I'm gonna repay you all with the alpha and omega of fanfiction climaxes. Either that, or the next best thing...

Also, thanks for the congrats, socal. I was "basically" out of college since back then, only classes and finals were standing between me and my degree. And now, I have a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering from Polytechnic University. Clap it up. I even got a job in my field within a month of graduating. Feels so good. So far, I made enough money to start paying off my college loans and buy an Xbox360, so if you have one too, look me up. ZeekeXIV is the gamertag.

And for those who wanted to play me in Brawl but haven't seen me online, sorry. I love the fact that it's online, but there's this minute lag that makes me wanna break things. That said, I don't really Brawl online anymore, but I'll make an exception for my fans. Just get me your FC and let me know when you'll be online.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on finishing college and getting a job.

Awww, D@/\/\n it. I wish I could play you online Zeeke, but I don't have access to my wii until the beginning of school. I dunno what to do. Although I believe private matchs provide far less lag than with anyone matchs, but thats just me.

Hopefully, I will be able to play when I get back.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Meleeruler: That is an excellent question. I did set up a lot of unfinished storylines in this tale that need to be resolved. And I did intend for them to be epic enough to warrant their own story. But will I actually get to it? Only time will tell... I also have other story ideas that have nothing to do with Smash Brothers. It might actually be a while before I put these sequel ideas to paper. And there's always the unpredictability of real life...

I can always end the story here and now, but that would make it much longer. Like... another 12-part act. A good thing for the fans, but a bad thing for me... I would have to summarize, chop, and skew the sequel and shoe-horn it into the current story. Plus, I don't get my best ideas until I revise four or five times.

Tough choices... As it stands right now, I'm sticking to my original plan: finish this particular story and plan for a sequel. But remember, that sequel's so far down the line, it just might not happen...

So what do you guys think? You know about my commitment to quality, so either choice guarantees something to be (at the very least) satisfied with. It's all about how soon you want it to happen.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even though your gaps between parts are...epically long, I still think the story just wouldn't be complete if you chopped it into only one work. I say do the sequel regardless of the insane amount of time it would take.

socalledmember

Smash Rookie
Yeah...but the good thing is about your story Zeeke your "real fans" will still wait. But regardless of "commitment" its a very good story we as in your "fans" will wait for it to be finished regardless of time it takes. So good luck man.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Thank Meleeruler for posting a link to this fic on my forums. >.<
Anyway, this story is 'epically epic made of win pure crack awesomeness.' Seriously.
It was decent when I was reading the first few chapters, and I was only reading it due to the lack of anything else to do. It got way more interesting the further it went, though. Totally awesome 4-year work.
*subscribe*

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the show, Red. Thanks for the kind, kind words. I can agree with your sentiments on the first few chapters of this story, though. Especially the first two. I'll never be happy with those... Luckily, people stuck with it long enough to get to the parts I worked hard on. Gotta love it.

And Meleeruler, thanks for showing my story some offboard love. I've been thinking about posting this on another forum site for a while now. I noticed your Fanfiction page is looking pretty barren, Red. I've seen Meleeruler's thread about the story, but I'd like to bring the full word there. That's cool, right? Let me know via PM.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
-huff... puff..-

Finaaaally made it to page 28. And I'm so disappointed, I was counting down the pages thinking "NO!!! It's over! More waiting D:"

But of course your story is great. Loved every bit of it. I really want to make this into a smash movie, similar in style to SmashTrix/Wrath of Giga Bowser (youtube movies), but I'd need Wii/GCN ARs, plus a bunch of new characters/stages... eheheh...

Oh well. Great job, can't wait for the update. I'm coming from the same place as Red, I just read slower..ly.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
It would be kind of hard, because there are plenty places that aren't in Smash Bros. Using areas from different games would be a bit odd.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Spoon! Welcome to eternity! Glad you enjoyed the story. The last few chapters promise to be show-stoppers, so of course, stay tuned.

I'm also gonna have to check out those SSB movies. I didn't even know people were making stuff up with the actual game. My mind was limited to flash movies (which I would still love to do). In fact, a flash movie would probably be better suited for this story. The Smash Bros. games wouldn't be enough to cover everywhere...

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Flash? Eh. Unless it was sprite (which would probably suck), it'd take a really long time to make :(

Plus, nor do I have flash but I suck at it.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking sprites... There's some pretty good sprite-work out there. Immediately, Super Mario Z comes to mind. If I was to do a big sprite productions, I'd get killed looking for sprites for Link, G-dorf, and Zelda, just to name a few. Ugh...

I was also thinking drawn. The biggest hurdle is that I can't draw too well; by hand or by computer-assisted program. Yeah, yeah, practice makes perfect, but d*** that! I wanna make a movie now!

Ideally, I'd wanna make everything a big 3-D epic on the level of a Pixar film. Gimme a few years and a few million dollars and I'll make it happen. Until then, the written (or typed) word and your imagination will have to do...

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Bros Z is great, but he procrastinates as much as you, Zeeke ;)

Yea, a sprite movie wouldn't cut it, there's too many diverse styles that would muck the whole thing up.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, yep, I wanna be mad at Alvin-Earthworm, but I really can't. That'd be pretty hypocritical of me.

Speaking of procrastination, that's exactly what I've been doing when it comes to this chapter. Again, I know exactly where this is gonna end up, but starting it is always the problem. And since I'd rather sit back and wait until I think of something worthwhile instead of coming up with filler material, I don't write. It might sound like a logical choice, but in writing that weak stuff, I actually go back, revise, and start coming up with the stuff you like. You know, the epic stuff.

So to answer Meleeruler's question: I'm still shooting for the end of this month. The start of the chapter is just that: a starting point. I shouldn't let a weak beginning keep me from updating, especially when the stuff to follow is the real focal point. All in all, don't worry. I'm not gonna flake out. End of August, the latest.

Booya.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Yea we don't want filler.

While I loved the story, the constant parts where you entered and had the.. strange conversations with the characters got annoying after a while. xD

Take all the time you want, we have patience.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
"While I loved the story, the constant parts where you entered and had the.. strange conversations with the characters got annoying after a while. xD"

You must clarify. You mean when I, as the author entered the story? If so, then yeah, I know where you're coming from. If it make it any better, all of Act 8 is not really part of the story. That's the best example of pure filler I can offer. I never really intended to continue with that; it was just something to put in between acts 7 and 9. It backfired horribly, though, because people actually want me to continue with that storyline! D**MIT!!

Just know that I plan on never doing that again.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Act 8 contained the part where the 2nd Mario joins with Mewtwo. I'm pretty sure that's no filler o_O

Though I even enjoyed your fillers. Looking forward to the next update.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, part 3 was where I actually started taking the story seriously again. But still, the act as a whole needs to be scrapped. Or revised heavily. I'd opt for the latter. As with everything else dealing with this story, that'll come way down the line. Sequel? Just maybe...

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
The Dr. Mario scene was pure genius, loved it. I was freakin out when you put that. Hahaha.

I'm surprised Jigglypuff hasn't shown up anywhere, you could make the creeeeepiest character out of her.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I started reading this like 2 days ago (I finished already) and at the beginning I thought, cool a fan-fic that I can read all the way through without having to wait, it started in 04, so by 08 is must be done.... right?
Wrong.
I can't believe that after 4 years and 29 pages, this thread is still alive, and the story isn't finished.

On a positive note, I really like the story.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol I no rite?

Oh, and I forgot.

ZEEKE I HATE YOU FOR KILLING SONIC.

And in every other aspect I love you.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I donate 20 theoretical dollars to this thread: [ (20) ]
lol

C'mon Zeeke! we're begging for another chapter...

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
^ More like... you're begging for another chapter. And it's coming. Like evolution. One day, you're a fish swimming around in the ocean, you thoughtlessly take it to dry land, then you realize, "oh snap! I can breathe without water!"

That's what it'll feel like when I update: a breathe of fresh air.

...errmmm, welcome to the club, Ilucamy. Though I'm thankful I still have fans and wonder how this story still manages to gain some new readers, I agree with you. Four years and 29 pages is straight-up ridiculous. More so than what the word actually defines. And I wouldn't have it any other way. It's like following a rainbow to find that pot of gold, only to find out that it led you right into an endless chasm.

That's what it feels like when people find out this story's not done: falling off a cliff.

...I'm done with the metaphors. Lemme get back to writing.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Edit button, dude. People whining about Zeeke not posting updates are part of the reason this thread has 29 pages. >.>

smash158

Smash Rookie
Hey Zeeke, this is a great story however, im just wondering, when will the next update be. You said the end of August but its September. I would like to know as i have been a fan of this for 2 years and counting now.

smash158

Smash Rookie
Lol, ya i should have known that by now but I'm the smartest person. Well, whatever I'll wait for now.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Aww, man... I was just gonna show up with the update and make everyone forget about that end-of-August thing. But people keep asking what's going on... and if I don't reply, people will think I'm dead...

Just so you know, I'm alive and still diligently working on this chapter. Twelve pages in, so it's gonna be longer than the last chapter. Tentative final count is twenty, so I'm almost there. As I always say, patience is a virtue.

But you know... I'm surprised you guys still take what I say seriously when it comes to my updating schedule. If I say a date, you should automatically be adding an extra two weeks to two months, and if I give a tentative updating day on a Monday, two years.

With that being said, I'll be updating tomorrow.

Top Bottom