• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

D

Deleted member

May someone please give me any source about those Bandai Namco's "selecting characters for SSB4 polls" things?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok information from todays potd

You can make a naruto mii with a head band costume

And also a jason vorrhees mii with the hockey mask costume.

D

Deleted member

No idea what you are talking about. Never have even heard of such thing.
Well I read/heard many times that Bandai Namco's staff did a poll for chosing which Nintendo characters they want the most to create with Sakurai, and that Shulk did finish first in it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
NO RUMORS HERE

(Besides thats just the trophy renders of them)
Wow. Now that actually look at it, it sort of does look like the trophies.

Well I read/heard many times that Bandai Namco's staff did a poll for chosing which Nintendo characters they want the most to create with Sakurai, and that Shulk did finish first in it.
Hmmm..... doesn't sound too familiar tbh.....

Last edited:

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie
I should be the one to say this: Mach Rider is NOT from ExciteBike. He has his own series. Also, if you don't mind my asking, any word on Panel de Pon or Bandana Waddle Dee from Kirby? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this kind of question, so if I'm not, never mind then. Also, Cooking Mama? Really? I don't hate her, but she was considered?
The Mach Rider I was told was from Excitebike. The Mach Rider from Mach Rider is considered a different Mach Rider. The Mach Rider from Excitebike will most likely be called Mach Rider or Excite Man stated by the teams.
Panel de Pon was never considered. Bandana Dee lost a vote from 162/450

The characters that got in with the most votes were Shulk with 421/450, Dr. Mario with 407/450, Palutena with 443/450, Dark Pit with 399/450, and Duck Hunt Dog with 379/450

Characters that aren't in that got lots of votes are

Mewtwo with 437/450, Chrom with 415/450, Ridley with 349/450, Dr. Luigi with 213/450, Mach Rider with 394/450, King K. Rool with 388/450, Dixie Kong with 245/450, Impa with 434/450, Blaziken with 206/450, and Wolf with exactly 400/450.

Characters eliminated with less that 200 votes are the following

Cooking Mama with 156/450, Bandana Dee with 162/450, Rider with 38/450(HORRIBLE), Pangoro with 187/450, and Frogger with 111/450.

Characters with a PERFECT 450/450 are only two.

Little Mac reached 450/450 and so did Charizard as his own character with 450/450
Pac-Man came close with 447/450. Wii Fit Trainer also came close with 446/450

Some characters had immunity; the obvious Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, etc.

I didn't get anything amusing to the ears today at work, but I did get something juicy.

Tournament mode will be BACK but only for the WIi U version. 3DS can participate but cannot start/edit/make any tournaments. They can only play as additional players in the bracket for the WII U VERSION ONLY!!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The Mach Rider I was told was from Excitebike. The Mach Rider from Mach Rider is considered a different Mach Rider. The Mach Rider from Excitebike will most likely be called Mach Rider or Excite Man stated by the teams.
Panel de Pon was never considered. Bandana Dee lost a vote from 162/450

The characters that got in with the most votes were Shulk with 421/450, Dr. Mario with 407/450, Palutena with 443/450, Dark Pit with 399/450, and Duck Hunt Dog with 379/450

Characters that aren't in that got lots of votes are

Mewtwo with 437/450, Chrom with 415/450, Ridley with 349/450, Dr. Luigi with 213/450, Mach Rider with 394/450, King K. Rool with 388/450, Dixie Kong with 245/450, Impa with 434/450, Blaziken with 206/450, and Wolf with exactly 400/450.

Characters eliminated with less that 200 votes are the following

Cooking Mama with 156/450, Bandana Dee with 162/450, Rider with 38/450(HORRIBLE), Pangoro with 187/450, and Frogger with 111/450.

Characters with a PERFECT 450/450 are only two.

Little Mac reached 450/450 and so did Charizard as his own character with 450/450
Pac-Man came close with 447/450. Wii Fit Trainer also came close with 446/450

Some characters had immunity; the obvious Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, etc.

I didn't get anything amusing to the ears today at work, but I did get something juicy.

Tournament mode will be BACK but only for the WIi U version. 3DS can participate but cannot start/edit/make any tournaments. They can only play as additional players in the bracket for the WII U VERSION ONLY!!
Anything for Pilot Wings/64/Resort DLC playable fighters? Maybe Lark from Pilot Wings 64?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Seriously, this discussion should not be taking place here. There's a reason we have an entire section for leaks. This thread is for confirmed information only.

Are mods going to start taking action on this soon?

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie
Anything for Pilot Wings/64/Resort DLC playable fighters? Maybe Lark from Pilot Wings 64?
No characters from any Pilotwings game. Sorry.

I also got an email from my buddy who gave me the information on a previous page. I can't show you the email for legal reasons. And give me crap for this, You'll feel pretty stupid when this does happen. So complain and hate all you want, you'll just come out looking like an idiot.

Now then...

More characters and DENIALS of previous characters. Apparently, I was lied to.

THE CHARACTERS FOR SURE ON THE Way are the following

Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys(NOT CHORUS MEN ANYMORE), Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong

Lucas and Wolf are eventually coming but not until early 2015.
Ice Climbers or Ice Climber are still being tested, so it may be 2015 before we get them or never. I asked, and right now they said Ice Climbers have a 10% percent chance in making it in. Sorry guys! The 3DS just can't handle 4 Ice Climber players at once on one screen.

Mach Rider, Solid Snake, Galacta Knight, Roy, and Machamp WERE ALL FAKES! THEY are INDEED NOT COMING! Bust out those Mii making skills people, you're going to need them for these guys..

Blaziken has been scrapped. He required too many moving abilities and it just wasn't working out.
Dr. Luig is INDEED Coming in any way shape or form!
They can't decide whether to make him an alt. for Luigi, or a separate character.

Isaac from Golden Sun is becoming a character! GET HYPE YALL!

Wonder - Red is just going to be an assist trophy now...may be featuring the rest of the gang too.

SO TO RECAP

FIGHTERS OFFICIALLY COMING AT SOME TIME ARE!!

Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys, Mewtwo, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Wolf, and one more secret character I will reveal shortly.
The guy/woman(CANT SAY), does not work with stages! He is unable to leak any info about stages! Sorry!

ALSO! The Captain Toad rumor is indeed fake. He is not coming. Not even an assist.

Now the secret character

The characters from Splatoon!

The first DLC will be free. Call it DLC or whatever you want

Everyone knows this leak by now. Connect the 3DS to the WIi U and get additional stuff
Characters will be Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Choir Boys, and Impa.

SECOND DLC will be released March 2015
The characters are Lucas, Wolf, and hopefully Ice Climbers, if not Ice Climbers, then they will add Roy.

THIRD DLC will be when Splatoon! Releases! SAME DAY AND EVEYTHING!

The characters will be Isaac, SPLATOON GIRL AND BOY, and maybe Dr. Luigi or the Urban Champion.

The Splatoon Character(NAME UNKNOWN) is going to be one fighter. Similar to Robin, he and she will be able to have the same moves and everything. The only difference is that you can switch from different variations of the fighter. Also, the Squids will be enemies in Smash Run and we will get a stage of Splatoon!.
And that's ALL folks!

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I am unable to credit my sources. If I say who gave this to me, I can get myself in trouble and him most likely fired and pressed charges. Nintendo is not lenient at all with this matter.

And I was given another piece of information today at work.

More characters are being developed! There is no set release date for the second DLC, but the man who spoke to me says it may very well be end of 2015 for Wii U and mid 2015 for 3DS. Obviously the Wii U will need more time but it shall be worth it :)

But the characters they are fiddling with are Ice Climbers, Phazon Suit Samus, Machamp( FOR POKKEN), Roy, Krystal, King K. Rool, The Hero from Code name S.T.E.A.M., Dr. Luigi, Urban Champion from Urban Champion, and Mach Rider from ExciteBike

Working testable models of the characters include Phazon Suit Samus, Roy, Krystal, and Dr. Luigi. Mach Rider, Ice Climbers, Hero, and King K. Rool are unstable. Urban Champion is still a thought and so is Machamp.

They also said 10 more stages are coming and more modes if needed. The also said the 3DS will most likely stop getting stages and modes if the game gets too big, but the characters will ALWAYS be constant through both games.

And I asked the man this, "I thought Krystal and others had a trophy in the game already"

He answered by saying "Just because there is a trophy doesn't mean they won't be playable."

Also Mario Kart 8 will get ExciteTrucks for racing!
I do enjoy this idea, especially since it'd mean my ICies are coming back. Even though I am trusting you a bit on this, I'm not saying anything until Nintendo confirms/debunks this. Though, with my disappointments thus far, I honestly couldn't care if this is real or not.

not sure if this will help but here

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=c2xywrva

thanks to some translating every single custom moves for everybody
Thanks man. I need to bookmark this to read at a later date...

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This area is for confirmed information only.

No unconfirmed information is allowed here.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@Mr.Prince

Please take discussion to the Smash 4 Leaks Group, where leak discussion is allowed.

To borrow a statement...
Seriously, this discussion should not be taking place here. There's a reason we have an entire section for leaks. This thread is for confirmed information only.
Only confirmed and officially confirmed information is allowed here.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I also got an email from my buddy who gave me the information on a previous page. I can't show you the email for legal reasons. And give me crap for this, You'll feel pretty stupid when this does happen. So complain and hate all you want, you'll just come out looking like an idiot.

Now then...

Ice Climbers or Ice Climber are still being tested, so it may be 2015 before we get them or never. I asked, and right now they said Ice Climbers have a 10% percent chance in making it in. Sorry guys! The 3DS just can't handle 4 Ice Climber players at once on one screen.

Mach Rider, Solid Snake, Galacta Knight, Roy, and Machamp WERE ALL FAKES! THEY are INDEED NOT COMING! Bust out those Mii making skills people, you're going to need them for these guys..

Blaziken has been scrapped. He required too many moving abilities and it just wasn't working out.
They can't decide whether to make him an alt. for Luigi, or a separate character.

Wonder - Red is just going to be an assist trophy now...may be featuring the rest of the gang too.

SO TO RECAP

Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys, Mewtwo, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Wolf, and one more secret character I will reveal shortly.
The guy/woman(CANT SAY), does not work with stages! He is unable to leak any info about stages! Sorry!

ALSO! The Captain Toad rumor is indeed fake. He is not coming. Not even an assist.

Now the secret character

Everyone knows this leak by now. Connect the 3DS to the WIi U and get additional stuff

The characters are Lucas, Wolf, and hopefully Ice Climbers, if not Ice Climbers, then they will add Roy.

The characters will be Isaac, SPLATOON GIRL AND BOY, and maybe Dr. Luigi or the Urban Champion.

The Splatoon Character(NAME UNKNOWN) is going to be one fighter. Similar to Robin, he and she will be able to have the same moves and everything. The only difference is that you can switch from different variations of the fighter. Also, the Squids will be enemies in Smash Run and we will get a stage of Splatoon!.
And that's ALL folks!
lol mkay :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Now then...

SO TO RECAP

Now the secret character

And that's ALL folks!
Can I call this into question since freaking Dr Luigi of all things is being considered?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just one last warning about not derailing this thread with rumors and other unconfirmed information.

Next time, there will be infractions being given.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Looks like Smashville sneaked in too!

At least I'm pretty sure that's Smashville.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Definitely my favorite of the returning Melee stages (from Melee to Brawl and thenceforth). Glad to see Ness, Falco, and Wario back. And this entirely proves the leak (though Shulk pretty much did it first). So, welcome back R.O.B. and G&W. Wonder when they will be officially confirmed.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm not that big a Kid Icarus fan, so I'd like to know...Why does everyone call Dark Pit "Pittoo"? Is it simply because he is a secondary variant of Pit or is it something else?

And if this question doesn't belong on this thread then can one of the moderators please tell me? I'm just looking for information on something, nothing more. I'll post this somewhere else if need be.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not that big a Kid Icarus fan, so I'd like to know...Why does everyone call Dark Pit "Pittoo"? Is it simply because he is a secondary variant of Pit or is it something else?

And if this question doesn't belong on this thread then can one of the moderators please tell me? I'm just looking for information on something, nothing more. I'll post this somewhere else if need be.
To answer your last question first, you could have asked that on the social thread. Either the general SSB4 or the one in the Dark Pit board.

Anyway, Pittoo is a nickname Palutena gives to Dark Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising (meaning Pit Two). Pit also calls him that throughout the game. Dark Pit doesn't like it, though. In other words, it's an in-game nickname for Dark Pit.

Anyway, since I have the game, I should update this thread soon.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
To answer your last question first, you could have asked that on the social thread. Either the general SSB4 or the one in the Dark Pit board.

Anyway, Pittoo is a nickname Palutena gives to Dark Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising (meaning Pit Two). Pit also calls him that throughout the game. Dark Pit doesn't like it, though. In other words, it's an in-game nickname for Dark Pit.

Anyway, since I have the game, I should update this thread soon.
Thank you for this information and clearing up where I should post things like this.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Might want to update that Great Fox entry there since we now know the full name and environment of the stage (Orbital Gate from Star Fox Assault).

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I wonder when this will release. I thought they'd come up with a release date right as the 3DS version releases. If they are going to release it next month you'd think they'd let us know by now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Updated OP with music and stage info, as well as the Wii U version release dates announced today.

Further updates will be done throughout the next days. The character changes section will be replaced with a section dedicated to secret character unlock conditions.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I wonder when this will release. I thought they'd come up with a release date right as the 3DS version releases. If they are going to release it next month you'd think they'd let us know by now.
Hours later, Sakurai saw your post and went "oh we forgot!"! ;)

This is a really nice OP, Frostwraith, keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Top Bottom